Gw2 changed

Gw2 changed

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

It’s very sad….

I’m currently installing eso again. Gw2 was just the most amazing game ever for what it actually was. But now it’s basically making a wow, eso, ff14 clone but not as good.

Cya all until we get crystal desert! Or something else that’s outside the jungle hopefully worth doing like drytop and SW.

Gw2 changed

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

You expect an MMO to NOT change? You haven’t played many MMO’s if you expect it stay the same.

Gw2 changed

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

GW2 did make change way HoT map work PvE. Now most group content instead of explore for fun and join group event when want. Many people say give more difficult content and I guess Anet try to do that with HoT. But HoT map not really difficult but maybe some hero point. Mostly HoT map just annoy to explore because make it giant jump puzzle with trash mob all over. I do not find this kind of challenge fun just boring always have to fight every place explore with no break to enjoy map. So I just go back to core map like before expansion. I will not buy next expansion until I see reviews first. Never prepurchae again. I have fear for living story return because will probably all be in HoT map. I will have to skip that also because I do not play to be annoy every where I go in map.

I agree with this review I read.

http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/guild-wars-2-heart-of-thorns

Players are funneled through hazardous choke points that are guarded by a dense population of enemies. Running through them is a risk many take, only to find themselves dead and asked to spawn back at a Waypoint. Patience or power through numbers is a must.

Good thing I still have some fun in most core part of game.

;)

(edited by Qugi.2653)

Gw2 changed

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Yea its a good change considering the almost a year of content drought we had before it.

Gw2 changed

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I just wish GW2 did some player housing. Wildstar did it.

Gw2 changed

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Yup one of the few things wildstar did right imo

Gw2 changed

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It’s very sad….

I’m currently installing eso again. Gw2 was just the most amazing game ever for what it actually was. But now it’s basically making a wow, eso, ff14 clone but not as good.

Cya all until we get crystal desert! Or something else that’s outside the jungle hopefully worth doing like drytop and SW.

I hope you gave away your stuff to a friend. (If not, I know of some deserving people who don’t have much time to play.)

Personally, I think that today, GW2 is far closer to the game ANet intended to deliver in 2012 than it was at launch. It could stand a lot of QoL improvements and bug fixes, but I find the expac to be just as fun (if not more so) than at the original launch (probably more so, since there were blocking issues that affected me in Aug/Sep 2012).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Gw2 changed

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Most good MMOs have.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Gw2 changed

Posted by: Liquid.3602

Liquid.3602

HoT was something i hoped to improve my gameplay. Unfort.. the maps are to mazed and to much levels that exploration isnt there possibld. There are to much mobs to be able to explore it with fun. You cant make screenshot because there is 20 mobs around ya on those spots.

Gw2 changed

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Stopped buying Gems with real money years ago and didn’t purchase the overpriced so-called expansion pact. Best gaming gaming decision I have made in a long time. Too bad my core game has been nerfed and changed for the worse as well.

So yes I agree with the OP—Very Sad.

Gw2 changed

Posted by: Rick Lavigne.7295

Rick Lavigne.7295

Not finding the new areas enjoyable as a solo player at all. I like GW2, been playing since the start but as PvE solo for the most part. Rarely dungeon as the parties all seem to DEMAND L 80 experienced dungeon players and getting punted from teams isn’t why I log in to play.
The game itself remains enjoyable as there are enough events to keep it interesting, even if some are repeats. I Have found that the rewards from world bosses have been kitten d though. I haven’t seen anything about rare in those for months and they used to come after all the hard work a toon would put into those.

Gw2 changed

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

You expect an MMO to NOT change? You haven’t played many MMO’s if you expect it stay the same.

The problem is GW2 changed to become the same as other MMO’s, that’s the point the OP is making and I agree, GW2 used to be very unique as an MMO, not so anymore, other than dodge its now pretty much a standard cookie cutter MMO.

Gw2 changed

Posted by: ragnarokda.1805

ragnarokda.1805

I typed a huge long story about how ridiculous people are who complain about HoT for whatever reason… But I deleted it because I don’t think it’s possible to change any of your guys’ opinions on this subject since I see it repeated every 5 mins.

Sorry GW2 became disappointing to you guys. That really blows.

Gw2 changed

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

I typed a huge long story about how ridiculous people are who complain about HoT for whatever reason… But I deleted it because I don’t think it’s possible to change any of your guys’ opinions on this subject since I see it repeated every 5 mins.

Yes it is okay for people to say they do not like HoT not “ridiculous”. It is good for devs to see this. Just like good for devs to see from people say like HoT. If you like HoT feel okay to post this every time want. But also okay for people that do not to also post about it. Every player that has HoT pay for it and they can say what they think good or bad.

;)

(edited by Qugi.2653)

Gw2 changed

Posted by: ragnarokda.1805

ragnarokda.1805

Yes it is okay for people to say they do not like HoT not “ridiculous”. It is good for devs to see this. Just like good for devs to see from people say like HoT. If you like HoT feel okay to post this every time want. But also okay for people that do not to also post about it. Every player that has HoT pay for it and they can say what they think good or bad.

No, you’re right. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I just personally can’t fathom a reason for disliking it which is why I was going to comment. It just sucks that some people aren’t enjoying it like I am. Wish everyone could be happy! Haha

Gw2 changed

Posted by: tim.1280

tim.1280

Stopped buying Gems with real money years ago and didn’t purchase the overpriced so-called expansion pact. Best gaming gaming decision I have made in a long time. Too bad my core game has been nerfed and changed for the worse as well.

So yes I agree with the OP—Very Sad.

Not really overpriced.. Picked it up for around 27€ and it is definitely worth that.

Gw2 changed

Blude.6812

That price doesn’t exist anywhere over here, post a link where you can get it for that price. (maybe support will catch up with the purchase LOL).
Here there is one choice 74.99 US deluxe version which means 100.11 CDN plus CC and conversion charges. That is, frankly, obscene. The basic would work out to 66. 74 plus additional CC and exchange charges. Buying the basic game would also cause me to have to purchase an additional slot or delete a lvl 80 equipped—just not worth it. FULL games are going for less than that that, even new ones.

(edited by Blude.6812)

Gw2 changed

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

I think the biggest issue with some people is how hard the new areas are. Silver wastes was similliar but not quite as bad. Honesty tho it’s a l2p issue. If you’re really having issues then go with a defensive set up until you can learn your class well enough to run around in zerker.

The other issue is the map being too big and confusing. Here’s the thing. We only got 4 new maps BUT they are huge maps. It takes awhile to get used to their weird quirks but really it isn’t much different than say learning 10 new maps on a scale that you would be more used to. In that case it is just frame of reference. If you run them enough you get it figured out.

That’s my take on the issue anyway. I’m enjoying the expansion and haven’t had any issues except when I was learning to play my revnant. I didn’t play it much in beta so didn’t really know how to use it all that well which led to constant death since I thought running around in zerker with a class I didn’t know how to play well…. Was a good idea. I can tell ya it isn’t lol.

Gw2 changed

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

Wildstar housing is amazing! it is what I was hoping Guild Halls were going to be plus the arena. Sadly I will never see the arena since GW2 is so hooked into big guilds or go home philosophy.

Gw2 changed

Posted by: Raeat.1026

Raeat.1026

I am bitterly disappointed at this point, but part of that may be the gruesome aftertaste of seeing what lame garbage the Account Jump Start package had in it for that $35 price tag.

But the new expansion really screwed over small guilds. Before, at least we could earn some influence logging in and playing the game, but that’s now gone in favour of trying to get us to burn our other game and time assets. It was slow, but at least it was something. And some poor fools will spend money to get gold to purchase guild updates?

Seriously, ArenaNet, if you are going to money grub, at least develop something akin to touch. I haven’t seen this kind of overt gouging since that idiot Snkrelli tried to hike Cancer medicine 5000%. And this is a game – with optional purchases. If you are going to monetize, at least make the offers something vaguely akin to remotely desirable for the price.

ArenaNet has taken all the worst, most grotesque versions of money grubbing monetization on the most micro of scales and added to their pay for game and expansions baseline and created a truly sickening monster.

Gw2 changed

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

Honesty tho it’s a l2p issue.

I don’t really think it is.

Some people may still be dying too much, but I think it’s more that it’s just tiring having to work that hard in openworld content.

People expect that kind of intensity in instances, but openworld is, traditionally, far more relaxing and forgiving.

People like to be able to find a spot to stop and look at the view, or go AFK if they need to.

Online games don’t have pause buttons and logging off every time you have to go AFK is a PITA.

So, being able to find somewhere (permanently) safe, near where you’re playing, is fairly necessary for most people.

In HoT, you can think you have found somewhere safe, then come back to find it wasn’t, afterall.

I know that’s more reminiscent of real life, in a way, but people do need to be able to live their real real life, as well as just play at it.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Gw2 changed

Posted by: JoeytheHutt.1742

JoeytheHutt.1742

I think the biggest issue with some people is how hard the new areas are. Silver wastes was similliar but not quite as bad. Honesty tho it’s a l2p issue. If you’re really having issues then go with a defensive set up until you can learn your class well enough to run around in zerker.

I dont think its “just” a l2p issue. It is probably a part of it, out of the comfortzone and all that, but for it to be true, people would have want to l2p in the first place. And I dont think it is like that.
I dont find hot to be very hard, just very very annoying. Like some of the ls2 instances, fast paced, you had to keep an eye on the surroundings, on your feet and staying alive while figuring out what you needed to do. Lots of people love such things, I dont. And though I usually made them on first try, on my zerker, it was more like a necessary job I “had” to do then a fun little half an hour in my free time where I like to relax and dont think to much about work and life generally.
As I said, the comfortzone probably has something to do with it, but not all. The title of another post, “gw2 isnt a refugee anymore” (or something like that) nails it pretty much in my mind.
It doesnt matter how good or skilled I am, if I dont find it fun. And it isnt really the posters Anet should keep an eye on. They are still here, like me. Its those who dont post, but just logs off and dont look back they should be counting.

Gw2 changed

Posted by: Sarlotte.4365

Sarlotte.4365

My problame the balance change. If i dont use the new traits, my charakter is die. All new build whith new traits is better. Before the expansion, the balance is was good. And i buyed the original game, why punish me the Arenanet? This is a very big disappointment. And if i buy the new expansion, and i dont want to use new traits? Its a psychological punishment…

Gw2 changed

Posted by: stress level zero.4907

stress level zero.4907

Realistically it shouldn’t matter if gw2 borrows ideas from other games (or vice versa). If they’re good ideas that promote fun and replay-ability it just makes sense to have them.

Here’s looking forward to more raids in the future :-).

Guild Wars 2 Armory

Find, view, and share user profiles, characters, and guilds on your pc and mobile.

Gw2 changed

Posted by: Alone.1784

Alone.1784

I agree the new area’s are way too difficult and it’s more than a learn to play issue.

The mobs take much longer to kill and are much more dangerous but have worse rewards then ever.

The mobs difficulty feels artificial as the majority have gotten extremely strong attacks, cc, and evade frames/stealth they just use in order.

They often have tied afro tables so while it looks like you’ll just pull one you’ll also get his 6 other friends that aren’t anywhere close.

You might be able to see cues and dodge intelligently vs 1 or 2 mobs but how about a group of 7? You just aoe and pray.

If you do die the way points are extremely few and far between and often contested making it an even longer run back and the vertical nature of the maps make it even worse.

It seems like they realized how barren the maps would feel and put in mobs to the brim basically making it impossible to enjoy the view or stop to take a breather.

On top of all this they’ve reduced the respawn times to minutes so I’ve often been trying to go through I’m assuming as intended killing mobs in my way only to have a group I just killed respawn nearly on top of me.

Lastly we only got 3 maps as Dragons stand is just a two hour reseting meta event.

Overall I’m very dissatisfied by the expansion as a whole and the new direction ANET has taken the game. I think they are going to lose the “hardcore” players as they’ve never been able to produce content at a reasonable pace and they have basically excluded casual players with their design choices for the expansion.

Gw2 changed

Posted by: Gambit.8425

Gambit.8425

Just another time gate at this point. Anet have so little confidence in their product they have to add these things to keep players around, map complete “bugged” on old character for a month is another example. But sometimes it fails miserably like with TD and people move on to something else waiting on a “bugfix” cause new currencies like Crystalline Ore take a long time of casual play to gather enough of anyway.

Gw2 changed

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

The new name is Grind Wars 2 unfortunately.

Gw2 changed

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

The problem is GW2 changed to become the same as other MMO’s, that’s the point the OP is making and I agree, GW2 used to be very unique as an MMO, not so anymore, other than dodge its now pretty much a standard cookie cutter MMO.

You find stuff like the jungle in other MMOs. Which are those, might I ask. You know a lot of other MMOs that don’t raise the level cap with expansions or come out with new tiers of gear?

Can you list these?

Gw2 changed

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Most good MMOs have.

Gw2 pve issue is that is to much themeparked game, and cant dispense the shard/instance system, so everything will be created arround that.

(a bit offtopic)
Atm im playing Black desert more and it is "for some part ofc " what i expected gw2 pve to be, it feels like a true mmo and not a point and click game.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Gw2 changed

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

The new name is Grind Wars 2 unfortunately.

Despite the constant comments about Grind in GW2, I have not seen it.

If you think GW2 is grind, I don’t want to know what you think F2P MMOs are.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Gw2 changed

Blude.6812

Bye.

Keep us posted on how your blog is going though you seem to have writen your next entry here isntead of there.

tl;dr: No one cares.

Actually it seems many do. And you can speak for all only your self. If you don’t care fine, no need to make an under the bridge reply.

Yes, because the flood of “I’m leaving for game xyz and I would love for everyone to aknowledge this” threads are not toxic to the community at all.

If you are unhappy, make a constructive thread about it addressing issues and/or simpply leave. A 2 liner implying you are a special snowflake and are now leaving for this way more amazing game certainly is not.

Oh you mean like your constructive critique about the op and insulting people and name calling. LOL. Take off the blinders.

Gw2 changed

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Bye.

Keep us posted on how your blog is going though you seem to have writen your next entry here isntead of there.

Actually it seems many do. And you can speak for all only your self. If you don’t care fine, no need to make an under the bridge reply.

Yes, because the flood of “I’m leaving for game xyz and I would love for everyone to aknowledge this” threads are not toxic to the community at all.

If you are unhappy, make a constructive thread about it addressing issues and/or simpply leave. A 2 liner implying you are a special snowflake and are now leaving for this way more amazing game certainly is not.

Oh you mean like your constructive critique about the op and insulting people and name calling. LOL. Take off the blinders.

Oh I’m sorry, I guess these forums are not for constructive discussions. Good job on derailing the already useless thread. Let’s keep the content here on this level.

Also I never said my critique was constructive. It’s hard to give constructive critique to something like this.

Some people.

(edited by Cyninja.2954)

Gw2 changed

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

This shouldn’t be that hard to understand.

Some of us got tired of achieving everything in a group and want the challenge of accomplishing game goals ON OUR OWN.
Personally, I struggle with the idea that I can swing by a group fighting something, tag it once or twice, and get full loot. Seriously, how can I feel a sense of accomplishment with that? After awhile (for some of us) we want to actually accomplish something on our own, while still enjoying some groups.
That doesn’t mean we want everything harder in the game, it just means we want the option, the ability to tackle stuff on our own.

Those options do not exist in HoT.

Add in what changes were made to the core game for Hot and really nobody should be surprized at some of the displays in the forums.

What is important also is understanding that nobody can change that opinion in the forums. Only the game can.

Gw2 changed

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Bye.

Oh I’m sorry, I guess these forums are not for constructive discussions. Good job on derailing the already useless thread. Let’s keep the content here on this level.

Also I never said my critique was constructive. It’s hard to give constructive critique to something like this.

Some people.

Wow.. and your gem of a post was oooh so constructive and worthy of further discussion… guess we cant cure clueless!!

Gw2 changed

Posted by: BlackIsleDragon.7516

BlackIsleDragon.7516

Didn’t read everyone’s post but….

I like what has been done with GW2. Then again, I have a good gaming computer that can handle the game perfectly. So, I don’t lag and I have no problems with Jumping Puzzles, in fact they are some of my fav things to do. Also, I wish there was a house system. I like the idea of the home instance, and all the upgrades you can earn for it. If there was a Housing option where you could build/buy your house and collect stuff for it, i would be more inclined to purchase the stone that TPs you to your Home Instance.

With regards to the new Maps, I enjoy them also. This probably goes back to being able to play without lag, but I find the maps to be fun and challenging. I mean, there is nothing challenging about running around Orr. At the same time, I understand the frustration in Map completion because it took me forever to get one point due to me having to wait until nightfall to take the helicopter to the canopy, then falling a bunch trying to get there.

I mostly play solo, so some of the challenges are rough when a Champion mob jumps out that I have to kill in 6 mins. Part of me wants it to scale to the people involved because this could be almost impossible for some people, but part of me likes the challenge. Most people jump in and help kill stuff anyways. Also, most of the time when I am solo, I am working on Map Completion, which is done solo anyways.

The downside. This is probably where everyone starts reading. Because of the nature of the events, unless you have a mass of people you will fail. This forces players to “taxi” people into the instance of the zone and hope everyone knows what is going on. To be honest, I am not sure how this could be done differently because if they scale down, people won’t want to have other join because the risk of failure will be higher as it scales. I guess we just hope to get in a good map that is organized and follow along.

Gw2 changed

Blude.6812

Bye.

Some people.

If you took the time to read some of the replies you would have seen that there were constructive responses until you jumped in on the white horse and actually started the derail. Look in the mirror before before you do the ‘some people’ sigh.

(edited by Blude.6812)

Gw2 changed

Posted by: Alone.1784

Alone.1784

Your posts have come off as childish retorts and you have by far added the least to this discussion. I assumed you were starved for attention and was going to ignore your post but then I read the follow up and wanted to make sure you didn’t mistakingly think you had said anything insightful or added to value to the thread.

Gw2 changed

Posted by: qbalrog.8017

qbalrog.8017

Not finding the new areas enjoyable as a solo player at all. I like GW2, been playing since the start but as PvE solo for the most part.

I have to agree with this. Pre-HoT I liked the fact that I could join in an event or follow a tag, as desired. I don’t mind finding a map with good commanders and working as part of an ad-hoc group but I also like to be able to navigate a map without a group and do some of the content on my own or with very small groups.

In HoT, especially now that many commanders have pushed deeper into the new content, I don’t feel able to enjoy the new maps. On my own, I can do little. It’s hard to even explore a map on a new character.

I’ve taken a few characters to the end of their specialization training but I’m currently stalled on a guardian: I’m 75% through and am seriously contemplating going back to the old world and doing map completion because that actually seems to be a faster way to gain HP. It probably isn’t but finding HPs I can’t do because I don’t have the masteries or need to beg or wait around for a group is it’s own frustration.

At the moment, I’m doing a bit more PVP than I have in a while, considering trying WvW again, may play around in old-world PVE but am not really enjoying HoT. Entering a HoT zone seems mostly a waste of time: dangerous trash, not enough groups to join, especially if I’m running a character new to the zone who doesn’t have all waypoints (and especially if it is Tangled Depths).

I have enjoyed GW2 but I have to confess the only reason I haven’t moved onto another MMO is that I don’t see any that really intrigues me (and I have been looking lately). In the meantime, my GW2 hours are about a third of what they used to be and I’m playing more single player games. I’ll keep an eye on the game and see if things change but I can certainly see drifting to something else.

(edited by qbalrog.8017)

Gw2 changed

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

GW2 was built around the term “play your way”, and the old ANET devs did an excellent job of creating that exact experience. GW2 had it’s flaws, but it was much more engaging than any other mmo out there imo (I have spent more money and time in GW2 than any other mmo in the last 3 years).

Then those devs left and they hired a bunch of devs from the massive failure that is Wildstar. Aparently, those new devs brought their “play our way or GTFO” design skills. The same “skills” that killed Wildstar. Now they are intent on killing GW2, and so far, they are doing a bang up job of it.

Gw2 changed

Vavume.8065

You find stuff like the jungle in other MMOs. Which are those, might I ask. You know a lot of other MMOs that don’t raise the level cap with expansions or come out with new tiers of gear?

Can you list these?

What do you think legendary armor is?, that is basically a new tier of gear, sure the stats are the same, but its more desireable than ascended gear, which is more desirable than exotic gear, you see the tiers yet? This game launched with just exotic armor… clearly they have added new tiers of gear….

P.S are you actually asking me to list MMO’s with jungle? like its some new concept? world of Warcraft has jungle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aFGyx0_AWI

(edited by Vavume.8065)

Gw2 changed

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

You guys might have different reasons for hating this expansion than me, but at least I’m in the same boat as most of you.

For me, this content took away more than it gave. I used to play for friends and because I enjoyed streaming and doing Arah and FotM and occasionally other dungeons on the side… but now I can’t do any of these things unless it’s HoT content and nothing else.

HoT content involves pretty much everything split between open world and raids, and I’m not going to stream raids because those kind of have teamspeak as a benchmark requirement and it would be both disrespectful to friends to stream them constantly and also add pressure to everybody as we struggle to succeed.

I can’t do what I liked to do anymore because Anet basically forced the community away from dungeons, so if I stream Arah no one will care or wanna see it… fractals are absolutely destroyed and are even less rewarding than before the update which says a LOT…

So what I’m left to do is either open world PvE or raiding. Why the kitten can’t we have these and the legacy content? Why did they have to destroy dungeons and fractals? I didn’t expect this to happen with HoT, and I wasn’t expecting much to begin with.

I’m kind of dumbfounded that going into this I did not have my hopes up, yet they still find their ways to disappoint me. It’s like they have disappointment down to a science or something.

I think the biggest kick in the teeth aside from waiting for years for this overinflated hype balloon is that we have to pay 1g + fractal relics to salvage the absolutely worthless ascended rings we have been collecting for the past several years. Like, are you serious?!!?

I just don’t know guys. I haven’t played in a month, and it’s kinda hard to quit everything because I didn’t feel ready to do it but the game itself doesn’t appeal to me at all anymore. Perhaps I’ll actively play again but I guess for now I’ll just be on other games and being a negative nancy on the forums sometimes? ._.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Gw2 changed

Andraus.3874

Can you list these?

What do you think legendary armor is?, that is basically a new tier of gear, sure the stats are the same, but its more desireable than ascended gear, which is more desirable than exotic gear, you see the tiers yet? This game launched with just exotic armor… clearly they have added new tiers of gear….

P.S are you actually asking me to list MMO’s with jungle? like its some new concept? world of Warcraft has jungle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aFGyx0_AWI

Legendary is not a new tier. It’s horizontal progression only. No higher stats. No vertical progression. If you have a problem with ascended over legendary okay but realize that was added within the first year and we are on year 3. So that ship has sailed. Some people have argued in the past that legendary is almost vertical progression because of being able to swap stats. That still doesn’t make it the case, but this is now such a poor argument because it’s so easy to swap stats now. It’s also not that difficult to obtain ascended. Personally I have 9 sets and too many weapons to keep track of. I’m at 3700 hours. Maybe I’m faster or something than the majority but that puts it at 411 on average for a full set with weapons. That’s really not too bad. And that’s from playing before ascended came out (and initially only weapons were out) so really should take about 1000 off. Anyway this isn’t a good arguement for not liking HoT either way. Or if it’s a"game direction" problem, you missed this argument by 2+ years. Just saying…….

(edited by Andraus.3874)

Gw2 changed

Posted by: qbalrog.8017

qbalrog.8017

I just don’t know guys. I haven’t played in a month, and it’s kinda hard to quit everything because I didn’t feel ready to do it but the game itself doesn’t appeal to me at all anymore. Perhaps I’ll actively play again but I guess for now I’ll just be on other games and being a negative nancy on the forums sometimes? ._.

That’s it in a nutshell- it just doesn’t appeal any more.

And to add to my earlier post, the legendary collections were a real disappointment. Time is money. If they are going to make me run all over the place for the collections, I expect it to save me some money. Instead, it just seems to be something for masochists to do.

Certainly not angry enough to empty my account and move on but I’m about to move from just doing dailies to walking away for a while and checking later to see if they fixed things.

It’s a shame. I was really enjoying the game but the fun has gone out of it for me.

(edited by qbalrog.8017)

Gw2 changed

Vavume.8065

Can you list these?

Legendary is not a new tier. It’s horizontal progression only. No higher stats. No vertical progression. If you have a problem with ascended over legendary okay but realize that was added within the first year and we are on year 3. So that ship has sailed. Some people have argued in the past that legendary is almost vertical progression because of being able to swap stats. That still doesn’t make it the case, but this is now such a poor argument because it’s so easy to swap stats now. It’s also not that difficult to obtain ascended. Personally I have 9 sets and too many weapons to keep track of. I’m at 3700 hours. Maybe I’m faster or something than the majority but that puts it at 411 on average for a full set with weapons. That’s really not too bad. And that’s from playing before ascended came out (and initially only weapons were out) so really should take about 1000 off. Anyway this isn’t a good arguement for not liking HoT either way. Or if it’s a"game direction" problem, you missed this argument by 2+ years. Just saying…….

Your personal stats are irrelevevant, they mean absolutely nothing to anyone other than you, I have 3 times your playtime, and have achieved far more than you, is this relevant? No so lets leave out personal stats shall we, since you cannot assume averages of anything based on a single player.
In my eyes legendarys armor is a new tier of armor, as I already said tiers do not have to be created by higher stats they can be created by desirability, whichever way you look at it, legendarys armor is the hardest and most prestigious armor to obtain, therefore it holds a higher position in probably the majority of peoples minds, you have a problem calling that a higher tier? well I don’t, legendary armor is effectively the highest tier armor now. Just saying……

(edited by Vavume.8065)

Gw2 changed

Posted by: Nemesis.2019

Nemesis.2019

But it changed for the worse, all 4 maps are basically SW, we don’t have a dynamic event structure in HoT, we have meta events, all the maps go from point A to Z and reset, we are lead down the same path over and over again, and the content is shallow hidden behind worthless grind that offers nothing for maxing out Itzel/Nuhoch/Exalted, these rep grinds are failures, they copied Eye of the North rep system but failed to improve it, instead went backwards and turn a great idea into a horrible one, the game isn’t worth the $50, GW2 was worth the money and so much more, I recommended the core game to my friends, i won’t do that for HoT..

(edited by Nemesis.2019)

Gw2 changed

Posted by: ShelBlackblood.7826

ShelBlackblood.7826

But it changed for the worse, all 4 maps are basically SW, we don’t have a dynamic event structure in HoT, we have meta events, all the maps go from point A to Z and reset, we are lead down the same path over and over again, and the content is shallow hidden behind worthless grind that offers nothing for maxing out Itzel/Nuhoch/Exalted, these rep grinds are failures…..

I wrote that months ago during the lovely 2hour “beta” but noone took me serious. It’s just a run run run, do things fast and BAM reset, do it all again drill. It’s nothing like the (partially) hated heart quests we had in most zones of the core game. Yes yes I know, we couldn’t repeat those but at least those zones will be remembered as places our characters “achieved” or completed something and helped the NPCs there in one way or the other. Also, I never felt rushed or forced to do all these asap

Prior to the launch of core GW2 I’ve read there were no hearts at all, leveling should have happened completely through events. Good thing they changed it thanks to some critism, but that critism was way too silent during the HoT betas, thus, ALL new maps are basically heartless meta events (sorry to the devs if this sounds to harsh, but I really don’t “feel” anything about these). They could have at least given us one map without these 2 hour repeat endlessly ordeals, where everyone could get hero points on their own pace and get exp in a more relaxed way, juuuuust like the hearts we had in the core game. After a long day of work with talking to customers and my colleagues I actually enjoyed these “silent, aka lonely” moments in GW2, I could do things on my own no matter when I logged in.

Would it have hurt that much to create at least one new “classy” GW 2 zone in HoT?

Gw2 changed

Andraus.3874

Can you list these?

Your personal stats are irrelevevant, they mean absolutely nothing to anyone other than you, I have 3 times your playtime, and have achieved far more than you, is this relevant? No so lets leave out personal stats shall we, since you cannot assume averages of anything based on a single player.
In my eyes legendarys armor is a new tier of armor, as I already said tiers do not have to be created by higher stats they can be created by desirability, whichever way you look at it, legendarys armor is the hardest and most prestigious armor to obtain, therefore it holds a higher position in probably the majority of peoples minds, you have a problem calling that a higher tier? well I don’t, legendary armor is effectively the highest tier armor now. Just saying……

It’s not a higher tier. It just isn’t but if you want to rationalize it in your mind that’s okay. At the end of the day legendary does not have +stats over ascended. Night fury is prestigious but it isn’t a higher tier. The motivation for obtaining such armor is purely cosmetic and for prestige. Anyway I’m not going to convince you otherwise but that isn’t what higher tier is. Some people might be motivated to get legendary and feel they have to for the prestige. But having it doesn’t make them any better off than someone in ascended. You seem to have some pretty strong emotions over this so I doubt I’ll be able to convince you to see what I’m saying. But this really isn’t an opinion. And it’s rather trivial so I’m done here. If one person doesn’t know the difference between horizontal and vertical progression that’s fine. Mostly I was pointing this out to diffuse any future arguments over it and giving clarification to anyone else reading.

Gw2 changed

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

But it changed for the worse

Now that is your opinion and yours alone. Mine is “It changed fine and I am enjoying it A LOT!!” Some may agree with you and some may agree with me and others may have other opinions. But they are all still just personal opinion’s. Only ANet has the numbers on how many are playing in what area’s of the game, how many bought the expansion and how many were F2P and then bought the game. Only they know and everyone else is just making conjectures on their own personal opinions.

Gw2 changed

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

It is rather sad I was excited about Guild halls because that would be the closest to a home instance I could upgrade.

Yeah the original home instance did get some neat things, but now that seems to be forgotten by ANet.

I want to earn fun nodes, or at the least get to purchase them via gem store.
I do not support the notion of nodes dropping from the Black Lion Chests.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Gw2 changed

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

I don’t appreciate ArenaNet’s recent work at all. I could go and lump together everything done post launch, I might be exaggerating but it would not be too inaccurate. The main problem keyword is this progression which has gotten mentioned few times as reason for things.

The expansion has little to do with my thoughts, other than witnessing the horror that is the direction they are going, and I guess where they were already going earlier.

It hurts because I used to love this game at some point, and at that point it was quite different. And because of that I hate ArenaNet for every decision they have made.

let the sky fall