in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Teniz.5249

Teniz.5249

War…. War never changes

Gw2 changed

Posted by: TheArtOfMouts.7468

TheArtOfMouts.7468

I think the biggest issue with some people is how hard the new areas are. Silver wastes was similliar but not quite as bad. Honesty tho it’s a l2p issue. If you’re really having issues then go with a defensive set up until you can learn your class well enough to run around in zerker.

The other issue is the map being too big and confusing. Here’s the thing. We only got 4 new maps BUT they are huge maps. It takes awhile to get used to their weird quirks but really it isn’t much different than say learning 10 new maps on a scale that you would be more used to. In that case it is just frame of reference. If you run them enough you get it figured out.

That’s my take on the issue anyway. I’m enjoying the expansion and haven’t had any issues except when I was learning to play my revnant. I didn’t play it much in beta so didn’t really know how to use it all that well which led to constant death since I thought running around in zerker with a class I didn’t know how to play well…. Was a good idea. I can tell ya it isn’t lol.

Can you solo every HP ?
Maps are small and cramped.

Gw2 changed

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

My biggest issue is that there’s no significant new content that doesn’t run on a timer.

That’s not a game I want to play.

Gw2 changed

Posted by: Warlock.7136

Warlock.7136

well even though I think this was a thread created for trolling I will post my opinion on HoT “In the interest of the developers/players seeing this” so here goes my HoT experience both the good and the bad.

Purchase price:$200.00(one ultimate for me, one ultimate for my wife)

Bonuses of purchasing ultimate: a glider skin(we use and like) a guild hall decoration(that our guild of 10 years+ can’t use because gw HoT hates 2 person married guilds)
4000 gems

The good: I like the fact that average mob damage went up. this forces players to at least accept the idea of defensive play style a little.(which is way overdue.) so the “nasty mobs in choke points” is a good thing imo. gliders and masteries are interesting on a conceptual level and could be put to good use in furture updates of the LS. the new ranger pets are awesome even if there aren’t that many. The gold from farming events in HoT is also nice. I like the storyline. I like how it is soloable, even if challenging (imo) and with the exception of a few exploring issues becomes easy-moderate in duoing(which is how I most often play) most of the elite specializations that I have played so far I enjoy. this gave me back some of my “dead” 80’s. i.e. I have one normal and one elite spec for each class. Stronghold pvp is enjoyable and has given me a way to play pvp that I enjoy.

The Bad: our guild (The Twin Flames (KnS) i.e. Ken and Shannon) that has existed sense gw1(over ten years) has been excluded from guildhalls(which was a purchasing sell point for us that we didn’t get to enjoy because we are a married guild 2 players only and will only ever be 2) the maps so far are one long jump puzzle(and jumping is my least favorite thing to do in any game) The skins should have had a much greater variety then we have encountered so far. players say there is 4 maps if that’s true i’m disappointed that i’m half done. but based on marks on my map that have a level assigned to them I count 7 new maps. raids were promised to include “tanking and healing” as a necessity(again I loved this idea) but from what I have read are just the same zerker stacking that robs gw2 of any fun and is the most boring way to complete content as anet has stated(and I agree) Revenant was a HUGE selling point to me and I was going to continue my pattern of at least 2 80’s per class. instead I recived a character that anet premade for me. it has no customization at all(that is to say I can not set my individual weapon or utlity skills to make my own build within the class) this sets a precedent for prebalanced buildless classes. the next xpack I will keep an open mind about but will not consider a new class as a selling point until I see that you can make your own build within the class.

well that’s my 200$(instead of 2 cents) on the subject.

(edited by Warlock.7136)

Gw2 changed

Posted by: Doug Whisper.2465

Doug Whisper.2465

I suspect ANet testing player acceptance of pre-made characters with Rev. Instead of give us build template down the road, they might give us a few pre-made characters from metabattle.com.

Gw2 changed

Posted by: JaddynnStarr.5201

JaddynnStarr.5201

I suspect ANet testing player acceptance of pre-made characters with Rev. Instead of give us build template down the road, they might give us a few pre-made characters from metabattle.com.

makes sense… will be the only way they can push ESL into the limelight and be fair… will be easier for them to clean up and balance… And I dont like it… if they go that route I will be looking for other entertainment options.

Gw2 changed

Posted by: Arc DLad.2194

Arc DLad.2194

My biggest issue is that there’s no significant new content that doesn’t run on a timer.

That’s not a game I want to play.

This is the in a nutshell. everything is on a timer, your gating people to have fun. the past 3 days, I’ve come in from work thinking " I’ve got 15 minutes so I’m totally gonna beat my guildies gold score" log in cant play cos the meta event is happening…… oh wait this event is going on and there’s a big mob, let me pop my gold sink experience booster and saved birthday booster and level up my mastery with this awesome find.
zero exp from all mobs…. wasted items, wasted time, wasted effort.
this expansion is end game content, but It focused only on the players that wanted long big event fights and it alienated the players who wanted to do smaller things like the mini games, farming tokens to buy X, levelling up masteries by doing several different things.
where as tyria was a web of things to do. maguuma is a straight line.

How does Treahern change a light bulb?
“commander can i have a word”

Gw2 changed

Posted by: Dashingsteel.3410

Dashingsteel.3410

When GW2 first launched, it had skill point and book trainer system. You could earn experience through hearts, exploration, dungeons, gathering, killing monsters, doing dailies and monthlies, and crafting. Didn’t matter which one of these things you did it progressed your character

With the intro of the New player experience, anet started trying to direct your character into certain content. Hero points furthered the effort to prod you character into specific content. Mastery points in current system really force your character into specific content.

Platforming content used to be optional. Now with adventures, they have dangled mastery points behind this Nintendo crap.

I loved the freedom of the original spirit of gw2. Too bad Anet have turned their backs on that concept.

(edited by Dashingsteel.3410)

Gw2 changed

Posted by: qbalrog.8017

qbalrog.8017

Platforming content used to be optional. Now with adventures, they have dangled mastery points behind this Nintendo crap.

I loved the freedom of the original spirit of gw2. Too bad Anet have turned their backs on that concept.

LOL @ the Nintendo comment, but true. I guess that’s one of the things that has me taking a break from GW2: the realization that to get the mastery points I needed, I would have to do a lot of the adventures. While I’ve only done a few, they really seem kind of pointless time sinks, another way to drag out content.

The net of it all certainly feels like there isn’t much to do except what they want you to do. Even if I liked it, which overall I haven’t really so far, I haven’t found it that easy to find active maps to progress at a reasonable rate.

They’ve turned things around before. Maybe things will look better in a half a year or a year. But in the mean time, no need to continue playing something that no longer provides any real joy for me. For those who like it, more power to you.

Gw2 changed

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

You expect an MMO to NOT change? You haven’t played many MMO’s if you expect it stay the same.

The problem is GW2 changed to become the same as other MMO’s, that’s the point the OP is making and I agree, GW2 used to be very unique as an MMO, not so anymore, other than dodge its now pretty much a standard cookie cutter MMO.

You find stuff like the jungle in other MMOs. Which are those, might I ask. You know a lot of other MMOs that don’t raise the level cap with expansions or come out with new tiers of gear?

Can you list these?

What do you think legendary armor is?, that is basically a new tier of gear, sure the stats are the same, but its more desireable than ascended gear, which is more desirable than exotic gear, you see the tiers yet? This game launched with just exotic armor… clearly they have added new tiers of gear….

P.S are you actually asking me to list MMO’s with jungle? like its some new concept? world of Warcraft has jungle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aFGyx0_AWI

If the stats are the same, then yes, it’s not a new tier. Stop making up definitions to suit your argument.

Disingenuous post is disingenuous. Jungles in WoW are NOTHING like the kind of jungle area you see in HoT. The closest I’ve seen in any game would be something like Scarlet Gorge in Rift and it’s still just a flat zone with verticality. The whole design of the jungle, not the jungle itself, is like nothing I’ve seen in any other MMO.

If you have, point it out. Not the “jungle” in WoW, which is nothing like this.

Gw2 changed

Posted by: Vienna.1579

Vienna.1579

I am a newcomer to this game, so far I like this game, it has a beautiful and ’’alive’’ environment and a good method to make progress while exploring a big map. ‘’Random events’’ are also very entertaining, but otherwise – outside of this the game does not seems to offer much as far you do not like pvp. It seems to be like Tera for pve people, which is a short lived fun. Dungeons are in GW2, I have to say a horror, even worst like in Tera, where you also run behind people like a mindless chicken, but at least, you can defend yourself and don’t die on every corner, while in this game – dream on fast food. Also armors in this game or entire visual appearance, not a lot of creativity, lvl 80 armors look almost the same as lvl 10, often I do not even notice if my armor is broken, maybe because i play a ranger, but still. Although I will probably look in 1-2 months when I explore the map for some other game, I would still recommend GW2 to people, it does offer very entertaining way to explore the map.

Gw2 changed

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

If the stats are the same, then yes, it’s not a new tier. Stop making up definitions to suit your argument.

I don’t think you understand how the game works. Equal amount of stats does not equate in equal effectiveness. Hence the ability to change the stat FREELY makes Legendary a completely separate tier from Ascended tier.

Here is a specific example:

In this picture. It clearly demonstrates that being in full berserker has effective power of 10159.12 while 4th column demonstrate a different scenario with Zerker/Assassin mix having only 9822.72 effective power. That is quite a big difference right? Now this is assuming you have all buffs.

Attachments:

(edited by Stars.2179)

Gw2 changed

Stars.2179

However, now, take a look at this picture.
If you miss out your spotter and/or banner of discipline. Then the 4th column demonstrate superiority to the first column.

Having legendary armor/weapons? BAM, change with a switch of a button. Without? Do you want to go craft 3 extra pieces of ascended armor / weapons just in case?

Attachments:

Gw2 changed

Posted by: Rash.6514

Rash.6514

Sorry guys, allow me to disagree with you. I never thought the expansion would make GW2 this good. I was already enjoying the changes while they posted them, but the final game is much better than I anticipated.

I still believe that theory is correct. The reason you haters find each other in the forums is because players who enjoy the game spend most of their time playing it, instead of posting about it.

Gw2 changed

Posted by: Takoyakii.2146

Takoyakii.2146

Sorry guys, allow me to disagree with you. I never thought the expansion would make GW2 this good. I was already enjoying the changes while they posted them, but the final game is much better than I anticipated.

I still believe that theory is correct. The reason you haters find each other in the forums is because players who enjoy the game spend most of their time playing it, instead of posting about it.

I enjoy expansion and I still here when I can’t login to the game,dunno why . Kinda feel unhealthly.

Gw2 changed

Posted by: archmagus.7249

archmagus.7249

I don’t think you understand how the game works. Equal amount of stats does not equate in equal effectiveness. Hence the ability to change the stat FREELY makes Legendary a completely separate tier from Ascended tier.

In this picture. It clearly demonstrates that being in full berserker has effective power of 10159.12 while 4th column demonstrate a different scenario with Zerker/Assassin mix having only 9822.72 effective power. That is quite a big difference right? Now this is assuming you have all buffs.

You’re pointing to spreadsheet calculations here, not what you’ll realistically see in-game. There’s a lot of things which can affect DPS; weakness, chill, slow, just to name a few. Also, with a glassy build like that, chances are you’ll be using heal skills, and/or getting downed; those will also affect your ‘effective power’.

Some classes have traits which provide bonuses to Crit chance and damage as well, or provide a stat bonus based on another stat. This means you don’t have to run full zerker to get the max DPS

Also, power isn’t the only stat to look at when it comes to damage. I main a sinister engineer, and I really don’t plan on changing my gear, which means that the ability to quickly swap stats isn’t worth all that much to me. Maybe viper’s at some point if I see fights taking long enough where the increased condition duration has any real effect on it. But that’s not going to incentivize me to go and get a legendary weapon so I can swap one set out for another. If I wanted to do that on my ascended gear, I’d get the mats to swap it in the mystic forge.

Gw2 changed

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

There is a lot of legitimate and constructive criticism in this thread. Too bad your contribution didn’t add anything to it. You like the changes, good for you, glad you enjoy them. But to lump everyone who criticizes the game as “you haters” etc only negates any opinion you have.

(edited by Blude.6812)

Gw2 changed

Stars.2179

You’re pointing to spreadsheet calculations here, not what you’ll realistically see in-game. There’s a lot of things which can affect DPS; weakness, chill, slow, just to name a few. Also, with a glassy build like that, chances are you’ll be using heal skills, and/or getting downed; those will also affect your ‘effective power’.

Some classes have traits which provide bonuses to Crit chance and damage as well, or provide a stat bonus based on another stat. This means you don’t have to run full zerker to get the max DPS

The spreadsheet is made specifically for elementalist. I forgot to point out. I agree with you that Necro and to some extent Revenant, it’s ok to sub in some valkyrie pieces. Otherwise all other classes should run Berserker, Berserker/Assasin Mix, Sinister, Viper, or Sinister/Viper mix. Yes even druid should be running full berserker.

There is nothing wrong with spreadsheet calculation. It is accurate and you can assume that. Effective power is effective power. It doesn’t change its value if you chilled, weaken, downed etc. Those affects your dps output which is proportional to effective power. So if you care about your dps output being affected by those condition, then learn to play better and don’t get those condi or down.

There is a reason why speedrun guilds like DnT (yes even after that RP debacle, they are still a respected guild), NA, SC, Vc, iQ, LOD already beaten the raid wing so quickly, heck some of them are even going so far as beating it with 8 man and sell the last 2 spots now.

And at the same times, those using Nemesis’ builds haven’t even scratched the toes the vale guardian. Oh wait, those people have to use what? the center no cc exploit to get it? Even then fail to kill it until like the 20th pull or something. Gorseval? Wishful thinking. So much for avoid being down by putting in vitality/toughness?

Nevertheless, you agreed with my point that you have to go out and change your sinister set to viper if you want to be optimal. Oh wait, the next patch they’ll nerf condi damage by adding resistance mechanic to bosses or they can simply cleanse it (just hypothetically here)? So sinister > viper, gg, time to change back, fork out another 200g please. See? That’s why legendary > ascended just by the nature of this function alone.

(edited by Stars.2179)

Gw2 changed

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

The theory that people who are happy with the game don’t feel compelled to attack people who aren’t also holds true.

Welcome to the Haters Club.

The way to resign from the Haters Club is to be honest with yourself, realize that having feelings different from yours isn’t “hate” and respect the rights of other players to express their opinions without being attacked and labeled for it.

Hope to see you resign soon.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka