Gw2 coming on Wiiu?

Gw2 coming on Wiiu?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

It very well maybe something they will do, looking at the trend. Seems like they are satisfied with the gameplay enough to move on with just increasing the player base. Looks like the end of the a chapter.

no, they wont. Consoles are very closed walled gardens

http://www.develop-online.net/news/jagex-consoles-blocked-runescape-cross-play/0110012

Runescape tried to port their game to consoles but they were deter by the fact there were unnecessary charges and segregation of the playerbase. I dont think Anet is segregating the player base based on the last few guild updates.

(edited by loseridoit.2756)

Gw2 coming on Wiiu?

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

There isn’t always “another way”, porting to consoles just doesn’t happen unless the developers announced it will be cross platform before the game is released. Long story short, porting to consoles is basically having to remake the whole game (not just changing settings) due differences in how console hardware and software works from PCs, so the only way you can convince NCSoft/ANet that it’s worth their time and money to make a WiiU version of GW2 is to prove there are hundreds of thousands potential WiiU customers.

Your only real option is to buy/build a PC that meets minimum requirements.

Gw2 coming on Wiiu?

Pandaman.4758

Runescape tried to port their game to consoles but they were deter by the fact there were necessary charges and segregation of the playerbase. I dont think Anet is segregating the player base with the last few guild updates.

They do segregate based on EU, NA, and CN versions though, so even in the unlikely event that a console port of GW2 comes out, there’s nothing to stop them from keeping PC players away from the console folks.

Gw2 coming on Wiiu?

Posted by: harrison fang.1874

harrison fang.1874

Let me just say Ps4 sucks balls xbox is much better and this is a pc game keep it a pc game it’s just like how occulus sold to fb and went down hill fb only wanted it to make money and not because they wanted to innovate and so it started dying. Wii is not made for higher performance games like gw2

necromancer (STUN)- Tarnished Coast
Guild Leader of Aegis Shield [AS]-Tarnished Coast
Mjor of [CrSy] Cryptisyndicate

Gw2 coming on Wiiu?

Posted by: Yoven.3672

Yoven.3672

There isn’t always “another way”, porting to consoles just doesn’t happen unless the developers announced it will be cross platform before the game is released. Long story short, porting to consoles is basically having to remake the whole game (not just changing settings) due differences in how console hardware and software works from PCs, so the only way you can convince NCSoft/ANet that it’s worth their time and money to make a WiiU version of GW2 is to prove there are hundreds of thousands potential WiiU customers.

yes that the other way you just mentioned -.- theres another way, they can wait … u cant?

Gw2 will be coming for consoles soon, i am supporting them :]

Gw2 coming on Wiiu?

Yoven.3672

Gw2 coming on Wiiu?

Posted by: calyx.9086

calyx.9086

All snarking aside, I don’t think the hardware could handle it, nor do I think Nintendo would go for it.

Besides, there’s another system which is begging for attention – Mac OSX. Yes, Virginia, there are Mac gamers.

You aren’t a real gamer if you use a Mac :P

Sorry, you just aren’t.

And the gaming industry is always going to treat you like an unwanted child. They might throw you a bone and make a Mac version, but it’s going to suck and be rather limited compared to the PC version.

Gw2 coming on Wiiu?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

yes that the other way you just mentioned -.- theres another way, they can wait … u cant?

Who can wait? WiiU players? Yes, they can, but it’s not going to get them anything. Unless the policies of the console game market change significantly, you won’t see Guild Wars on any of them. And even if they did change, the best you could hope for is the cross-platform Guild Wars 3. Because the current game will not be ported at this point – as someone mentioned it already, such possibility must be a part of the game since the very beginning, because adding it later on requires rewriting everything from scratch.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Gw2 coming on Wiiu?

Posted by: Blanger.3162

Blanger.3162

Just for a moment imagine GW2 on any console implementing the NPE and all the subsequent patches to fix all the bugs and unintended effects that have occurred just in this one feature patch, the patches are still coming out and bug fixes are being taken care of but just think of this happening cross-platform and the logistics of getting it all to work together cross platform, GW2 will never see a console in it’s current configuration, now GW3 maybe.

Gw2 coming on Wiiu?

Pandaman.4758

I’m sorry, I may have been too subtle in my message and caused you some confusion. I’m saying the only way ANet will make a WiiU port is if you pull off the impossible task of convincing them to do so, but the fact is you can’t because:

• You don’t have the resources to collect the required information.
  • You don’t have the influence to convince anyone in management to listen to you.
  • You don’t have the basic understanding of the technology or business considerations that need to be taken to make a convincing argument even if someone were willing to listen to you.

So unless you’re secretly the president of a game developer who wants to offer NCSoft/ANet a business deal where your company assume all the costs and risks of porting GW2 to the WiiU, it’s just not going to happen. There’s nothing to wait for.

Gw2 coming on Wiiu?

Posted by: ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

but i’d like to play Gw2 on wiiu rathar then buy a new pc/laptop for 400kd which is 1.300.000$ dollar (probably) and i bought the wiiu for 330$ dollar

. . .

Where the kitten are you pricing out a PC that costs OVER A MILLION DOLLARS?!

Here’s a tip. You can actually build a pretty awesome gaming PC for only $500. And yes, it will play GW2 crazy-well, and yes, it will play most other new releases on decent settings. The misnomer that people need to spend thousands of dollars for a PC needs to be done away with. It’s a lie, and nothing more.

http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/wiki/builds

Check out the Next Gen Crusher and Next Gen Exterminator. Both are builds around $500, and both will be completely sufficient for playing this game even on high settings.

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

(edited by ShadowDragoonFTW.3418)

Gw2 coming on Wiiu?

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

I imagine, theoretically, you could cut down GW2 to work on a Wii U, but it would be so different you might as well call it a different game by that point. It struggles on middle-of-the-road PCs, never mind the technical equivalent of a middle-of-the-road PC from seven years ago.

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )

Gw2 coming on Wiiu?

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

GW2 will probably never come to consoles, and if it does, it sure won’t be the Wii U. I don’t mean to come off rude, but the Wii U isn’t powerful enough to handle GW2, and regular consoles don’t have enough buttons.

I heard that theyre only started with wii and wiiu would be wiiu2 or whatever , then it’ll be even better then ps4

The Wii U is Nintendo’s current gen (PS4/Xbone console). Anything other than that is simply rumor, and doesn’t change the fact that the Wii U cannot run Guild Wars 2, even on minimum specs.

Gw2 coming on Wiiu?

Yoven.3672

Who can wait? WiiU players? Yes, they can, but it’s not going to get them anything. Unless the policies of the console game market change significantly, you won’t see Guild Wars on any of them. And even if they did change, the best you could hope for is the cross-platform Guild Wars 3. Because the current game will not be ported at this point – as someone mentioned it already, such possibility must be a part of the game since the very beginning, because adding it later on requires rewriting everything from scratch.

i think your the only one who understood wt i said, making an rpg game for a console, and for that it is possible to fit the Gw2 into any console for less data usage, less GB memory take.

For example Lord of The Rings Bfme is a huge pc game, now it on xbox, please dont tell me it impossible, and i kno if a game want to publish a new one on another software will require renting but will get you more money then rented , it’s like Buy —> Sell + , if your telling me they wont make anymore games just “for me” then theyre just lazy to sleep, that thier only job anyways, tell that to others who mis-understand. but thks to u all for info’s

Gw2 coming on Wiiu?

Yoven.3672

i think your the only one who understood wt i said, making an rpg game for a console, and for that it is possible to fit the Gw2 into any console for less data usage, less GB memory take.

For example Lord of The Rings Bfme is a huge pc game, now it on xbox, please dont tell me it impossible, and i kno if a game want to publish a new one on another software will require renting but will get you more money then rented , it’s like Buy —> Sell + , if your telling me they wont make anymore games just “for me” then theyre just lazy to sleep, that thier only job anyways, tell that to others who mis-understand. but thks to u all for info’s

Gw2 coming on Wiiu?

Yoven.3672

Gw2 coming on Wiiu?

Yoven.3672

Gw2 coming on Wiiu?

Yoven.3672

Gw2 coming on Wiiu?

Yoven.3672

Gw2 coming on Wiiu?

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

That’s telling him!

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Gw2 coming on Wiiu?

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

i wasnt focusing on “wiiU” cuz ps4 is the best graphic card that it has now, and the best ongoing console, so there is still possiblty to play Gw2 on a console you smarty, also the limit of Graphic is 8000k HD now tell me how “impossible” ps4 can run that game, Plus if ykno destiny, It’s just like Gw2 and yes you can choose your skills, guns ~ now think of at it as gw? Swords, Pistol, Rifles, Whatever , Gw2 have to change it style onl in which case u can play with the other style guys on PC You absolutely make no sense to me… now let’s call Destiny an MMO game

Sorry to inform you destiny runs at 30fps on your “next-gen” console.

This is a $400 PC part list.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/wiki/builds#wiki_the_next-gen_crusher

Gw2 coming on Wiiu?

Yoven.3672

i wasnt focusing on “wiiU” cuz ps4 is the best graphic card that it has now, and the best ongoing console, so there is still possiblty to play Gw2 on a console you smarty, also the limit of Graphic is 8000k HD now tell me how “impossible” ps4 can run that game, Plus if ykno destiny, It’s just like Gw2 and yes you can choose your skills, guns ~ now think of at it as gw? Swords, Pistol, Rifles, Whatever , Gw2 have to change it style onl in which case u can play with the other style guys on PC You absolutely make no sense to me… now let’s call Destiny an MMO game

also gw2 can lower the fps if that what you mean to other most usage data of memory space, sorry to inform you , and i dont have space to place my pc in my room, i can change it, but i pref laptop, thanks anyways

Gw2 coming on Wiiu?

Yoven.3672

Gw2 coming on Wiiu?

Yoven.3672

Gw2 coming on Wiiu?

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

I would like to mention that the PS4 has a GPU that is comparable to a HD 7870, which is actually Mid Tier and not top of the line as you might think.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Gw2 coming on Wiiu?

Posted by: Veydar.5017

Veydar.5017

This thread…
Why are you even having this discussion with him? It’s obvious from the very first post that extremely little thought went into this and the rest of his (re)posts didn’t make things any better. This should be bookmarked and saved offline then /closed

Gw2 coming on Wiiu?

Posted by: Echou.1923

Echou.1923

I’d love to have GW2 on my mobile phone.

Gw2 coming on Wiiu?

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

I’d love to have GW2 on my mobile phone.

i love to install it on a potatoe.

When it time to update it, I will cook it and buy a new potatoe

Gw2 coming on Wiiu?

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

This Yoven.3672, is legimate for report, since he’s constantly spamming copy posts…

Atleast I think so.

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

Gw2 coming on Wiiu?

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

I don’t really see any console being able to handle GW2 at this moment, and the simple reason is not enough buttons. OK, maybe the playstation controller has 10 buttons to control each individual skill, but they aren’t laid out in a logical pattern for the 5 by 5 grid the skills are laid out in, and all the various menus… An 11th button would need to be reserved for the map, a 12th button should be saved for calling and called targets, and another for dodging… Add up all the “minimal” things required, and I just don’t see a console at this time handling GW2. And that’s ignoring all the technological and political (ie. rules regarding policies) issues people have brought up.

Gw2 coming on Wiiu?

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

@Rognik – You don’t need to do “One button, one function”. You can have single buttons (or triggers) open up sub-menus. RPG’s have been doing it for YEARS.

For a recent interpretation that works pretty well, check out Defiance. It’s a shooter-based MMORPG that is on consoles as well as PC. They use the L2 trigger to open up a sub-menu to use abilities and powers. In Defiance’s case, you scroll through the abilities you want to use, but it would be just as easy to make each ability in a sub-menu linked to a different button (X, O, L1, R1, etc.) only as long as the menu is open. Outside of the submenu, each button would have its own separate function.

THAT BEING SAID, I don’t support this idea at all. Yes, consoles could very much handle GW2 (if my crappy laptop can play it, then so can at least the new gen of consoles, if not the last gen), and yes there could be a user interface set up that works perfectly well for controllers. However, just because it can be done, it doesn’t mean it should be done. It would still require months – if not years – of updates, changes, and customization to make GW2 work on any console, and frankly, the potential gains are not worth the time and money spent on a project like this.

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

Gw2 coming on Wiiu?

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Shake Wiimote to dodge

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Gw2 coming on Wiiu?

Posted by: mahri.8410

mahri.8410

The single console that could run Guild Wars 2 is Xbox One. Xbox One is in fact a PC with exclusive content, like Amazon tablets that run Android but can’t access Google Play and have a custom interface. Xbox One has the same PC architecture, and inside it runs pure Windows 8. It actually has 3 layers of Windows 8. So…yeah…it might rather come to Xbox One that to Wii U.

Gw2 coming on Wiiu?

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

The single console that could run Guild Wars 2 is Xbox One. Xbox One is in fact a PC with exclusive content, like Amazon tablets that run Android but can’t access Google Play and have a custom interface. Xbox One has the same PC architecture, and inside it runs pure Windows 8. It actually has 3 layers of Windows 8. So…yeah…it might rather come to Xbox One that to Wii U.

Hate to break it to you sparky, but more consoles than “only the XBone” are a PC. The PS4 is also based on the same architecture that modern PCs are, with an x86 style processor.

And, hate to break it to you, but even though the 360 and PS3 used proprietary processors, they still had normal PC architecture. The PS3 itself is actually a Linux flavor, and the 360 being a modified verson of (I believe) the Windows Phone OS.

Oh, and even the original Xbox itself was a Windows CE device. The architecture and file hierarchy works just the same as any normal PC, the only difference is the way the processor interacts with everything.

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

Gw2 coming on Wiiu?

Yoven.3672

@ShadowDragonFTW.3418 from my experience and all the websites i visted, and other iinformation commetors, the only fact is that Gw2 not going to make any game 4 other consoles is either theyre lazy, or scared to make a step forward, because if they do, they might lose alot of money, and not wt u all said is the right reason actually, now that i got the idea, i also know why they’d lose alot of money

Gw2 coming on Wiiu?

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Well, I add this one here, since I’m wondering about some things.

Yoven mentioned Destiny, which is action FPS game…

Destiny, has 1 player single player, 6 player coop (No local coop available) and 12 player multiplayer.
Don’t think it’s up to par with GW2…

Who knows, GW2 could come out on Steam Box, but who knows.

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

(edited by FrostSpectre.4198)

Gw2 coming on Wiiu?

Posted by: Nabbis.8095

Nabbis.8095

Could we lock this thread gw2 is not coming to console cause of the massive rework the game would need and the Problems with the 3 console manufacturers policies on patches and ingame store.

Which is the also the reason gw2 is not on steam cause steam would want in on the gem store income and patching stuff.
This is the reality there is no reason to keep the thread up.

WvW Blobs aren’t Blobs they are just large group of oozes blobbing along each other.
Leader of the Iron Hall [Iron]
Server: Desolation now and forever.

(edited by Nabbis.8095)

Gw2 coming on Wiiu?

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

from my experience and all the websites i visted, and other iinformation commetors, the only fact is that Gw2 not going to make any game 4 other consoles is either theyre lazy, or scared to make a step forward

Why do people say things like this? There’s no reason for it.

There’s also no reason for GW2 to come to consoles. Why are you insulting ANet for not bringing it to consoles, when there are plenty of other companies that make only console games and don’t port them to PC?

You, sir, have a serious case of the double-standards.

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

Gw2 coming on Wiiu?

Yoven.3672

You have no idea, mr. @ShadowDragoonFTW taken name