Gw2 coming to console ? PS4 & XBOX

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: xpReSTiGe.1480

xpReSTiGe.1480

Q:

It’s better if gw2 comes with a console because some people like to have the game with a console. This well at attract more people to the game who preference to use a console instead of a keyboard and mouse. And new player from consoles

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Not unless they’ve changed their mind and probably give up the whole living world thing.

Posted by: Basandra Skye.4031

Basandra Skye.4031

GW2 is not built, structured, or adaptable to console format, sorry.

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

PS4 & XboX? Oh yeah, totally should, and probably get it done in maybe… four days! Would never notice any disruption in content development on the silly inferior PC platform version. yup…

#PCmasterrace

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

This has been discussed before. If it did happen, they would not play with the PC players dew to how patches are deployed on consoles.so unless ANet was to synchronise the patches going out, that could and probably would mean bigger gaps in patch release’s. Not to mention the hassle of porting the game over. That would me an all stop on GW2 development. Which people hate. Look at the content hole we are in. Nothing new since the end of LS2 so id rather not go through this. Not to mention the fact that the game is poorly optimised for the PC and is processor bound more than GPU. So who knows how it would go on a console.

#PCMasterrace.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

(edited by BrotherBelial.3094)

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Will never happen

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Games available on consoles and the PC are build on game engines that have already been built to be cross platform. The GW2 engine is PC only with Mac support provided by Cider emulation.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I doubt any of the current consoles could run the game even half-way. Heh.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

A 3 year old game not running on consols about 2 years old. You serious?

That said, no. The game is not designed for consols and will not be ported.

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

That said, no. The game is not designed for consols and will not be ported.

Welp, there is always the alternative: wipe the core OS on PS, install a Linux cluster distro, hook 30 or 40 PS’ together, load and build SheepShaver Mac Emulator, install GW2 Mac!

#PCmasterrace

Posted by: Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

After hearing about the mess with ESO being cross-platform retro fitted for consoles, I doubt it is in the realm of viability. Its more than changing a keyboard layout to work on a game controller. Its tearing it all down and rebuilding on a subpar foundation.
Consoles, even the new ones, have limitations, licensing, software and hardware that make it difficult and impractical for developers.
Going to PC seems to be easier, since the games are developed on PC to begin with.

“Look like the innocent flower, but be the Obaba under’t.”

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

The consoles are far weaker in hardware power than what you are imagining. They run games ok-ish due to a combination of:

• Aggressive optimization (GW2 isn’t even optimized on PC)
  • Low target FPS, usually 30FPS or 22FPS.
  • 720p rendering.
  • Specilized target hardware means devs know the target and can optimize for it, something which is often impossible for PC.

None of this really applies to GW2, a natively PC application which is already lacking optimization on a 3y settled platform.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

There is no reason why GW2 can’t run on a console other than the cost of both developing the client and maintaining it.

So no, it won’t happen.

Posted by: DeT M.4319

DeT M.4319

I dont get all this “being fancy” console stuff..
PC have way more function and capability.

If people really what soo much that “console” feeling to pc games who SUPPORT joystick… Just take your pc. > connect your biggest screen . plug joystick > sit 2-3 m away from screen and play. Non are going to stop you.

Dont see any reason to even own one of these consoles… Sure there are few nice games who are playable only on xbox or ps. (one of the things that keep them alive.)
(Would be perfect if all PS, Xbox games would be on pc as well… then there wouldn’t be any need for these consoles.)

(edited by DeT M.4319)

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

It’s better if gw2 comes with a console because some people like to have the game with a console. This well at attract more people to the game who preference to use a console instead of a keyboard and mouse. And new player from consoles

Even if they somehow managed to get the game on console, with freedom to release updates whenever they wanted without going through sony or microsoft, I don’t see how the bold would work.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

Gw2 will never be in consoles, because their cpu performance are ridiculously bad compared to pc’s, and no way they are able to meet the minimum cpu requirements.

Just to understand what they have, their cpu is like having a dual Athlon 5150, a very low end cpu which performs 631 in Passmark single thread performance. Meanwhile, the FX 6300 (lacks power in gw2 heavy situations) performs 1411…

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz