Gw2 expansion

Gw2 expansion

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: bplayz.1957

bplayz.1957

Arenanet we really need an expansion pack. The Living Story idea was a good idea, but the problem is that it isn’t enough to draw players in, or draw players back who have stopped playing. I don’t want to speak for the community, but I know many of the players I have played with said they would prefer one big expansion with a lot of new content, professions, and races, and play those and explore the new content and make new toons of the classes instead of getting a small amount of content monthly. I think an expansion with a new part of the map and story, such as a campaign of the norn reclaiming the far shiverpeaks or exploring other continents. This refresh will entice new players, welcome back old ones, and renew current players enthusiasm in the game. We would welcome an expansion with open arms.

Gw2 expansion

Posted by: xXxOrcaxXx.9328

xXxOrcaxXx.9328

Ranger - Guardian - Warrior - Elementalist - Necromancer - Mesmer
EU Elona Reach – Void Sentinels

Gw2 expansion

Posted by: bplayz.1957

bplayz.1957

It just frustrates me that they are so worried to get new players, that they will sacrifice for the old ones. This game will be dead in a year unless something changes.

Gw2 expansion

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

It just frustrates me that they are so worried to get new players, that they will sacrifice for the old ones. This game will be dead in a year unless something changes.

It won’t. The B2P model functions differently to P2P and F2P, and GW/GW2 are two of the only MMO’s that use this model.
If this were a P2P game then yes it would be on the downward spiral, but it isn’t. Arenanet can afford to put the focus on pulling new players in and getting people to make purchases on the gem store – because that is what provides them with a profit.

They’re releasing in China soon and I would strongly suggest waiting until that has happened. I think at the moment more of their focus than we realise has been on that launch. The influx in cash that it will bring them and the freeing up of resources may see them in a better position to more seriously consider an expansion.

Gw2 expansion

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Ask NCsoft to give them the permission and financial backing, and stop funding “wow in space.”

Gw2 expansion

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Why would they release an expansion anytime soon? They are about to release the core game in China after it seems like they want both versions (na/eu and china) to be synced.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Gw2 expansion

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

In my opinion GW1 was the only one that followed the B2P model.
GW2 is not sustaining itself selling new expansions, on the contrary it is focusing on the gemstore not only selling skins but also QoL items, so at most we can say that is an hybrid B2P or a F2P with an entry ticket of 40€. Even on this forum it often happens to see people saying that GW2 is F2P, so I suppose it’s not about the label but about the perception.
This said, I sincerely hope that it will turn back to the old pure model, with really few QoL items, some skins and a lot of real content that you can play at your own peace.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

Gw2 expansion

Posted by: Backward Sass.6791

Backward Sass.6791

I think it would be great if they could have both Living Updates and expansions. Living Update content for on-going interest, and expansions for content that you can go at your own pace.

Gw2 expansion

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I think once the China/Asia release has been done and dusted, then they will start working on a proper B2P expansion.

Until then, anything new will come in Living Story.

Gw2 expansion

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

I want an Expansion Pack that extends our Personal Story further!
God I would pay $$$ for that…
I want to do tons of Story Missions and exploring. Maybe even in Cantha?

Just do it ArenaNet! It’s going to be awesome!

I wana know what happens after Zhaitan on all my characters while branching more into personal story missions and exploring <3

Gw2 expansion

Posted by: Hopeless.5403

Hopeless.5403

GW3 would be epic

Gw2 expansion

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Living Story isn’t bad, but lately I’ve been feeling the expansion itch myself. Well, to be honest it’s not the expansion so much but what is commonly associated with an expansion, new maps, new races, new classes, new personal story etc. etc. Presently the Living Story isn’t providing this content. I’m fine if the Living Story was intended to tide us over between expansions, I think the temporary, bi-weekly nature of the Living Story is good to keep players busy and invested while a major expansion is being produced. As the core focus of the development efforts, probably not as nice as an expansion.

I think once the China/Asia release has been done and dusted, then they will start working on a proper B2P expansion.

We have an ETA on GW2 in Asia yet?

Gw2 expansion

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Living Story isn’t bad, but lately I’ve been feeling the expansion itch myself. Well, to be honest it’s not the expansion so much but what is commonly associated with an expansion, new maps, new races, new classes, new personal story etc. etc. Presently the Living Story isn’t providing this content. I’m fine if the Living Story was intended to tide us over between expansions, I think the temporary, bi-weekly nature of the Living Story is good to keep players busy and invested while a major expansion is being produced. As the core focus of the development efforts, probably not as nice as an expansion.

We have an ETA on GW2 in Asia yet?

They have posted on twitter that the release is on track and soon™, no date given but from that I would guess before summer.

Gw2 expansion

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

relax i am 100% confident we will get one its barely been a year ad we already have rumors about the tengu

Gw2 expansion

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

As long as they end this LS nonsense.. they put LS on high priority , for what????

Majority of the players have absolutely no reason to even do LS outside a few days to get some AP or special item…after that majority of the players get back to the real content of this game

I would much rather anet release things that actually fix content (dungs, frac, wvw, etc) and have that as high priority over this LS nonsense…

I think LS was a great trial but in the end, majority of the players what ACTUAL content or improvements to content that they actually want to do for a while (dungs, wvw, frac, pve meta, etc)

I’m glad LS season 1 is coming to an end…hopefully anet actually polls players and determine if they should continue this same amount of priority given to LS…. I can almost guarantee you the majority of the player base will vote against LS having high priority…

I personally would rather see xpac content once or even every 2 months (new skills, stat combos on gear, dung upgrades/update, more rewarding events, etc etc) released than anet staff working on this LS stuff that hardly anyone does outside of the first few days.

I guarantee you majority of the player base would be happier if anet made xpac like content a higher priority…. I feel like they are just wasting their staff’s time and effort into something players place very little if any value on

(edited by SkiTz.4590)

Gw2 expansion

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

I enoy the LS because if gives me something to do in game, but I really, really need a new class to play and new weapons for the old classes. Some more maps also. Im tempted to get Wild Star (thought the game looked terrible but new videos proved me wrong) until this game gets some new stuff

Gw2 expansion

Posted by: Tatsuo.1478

Tatsuo.1478

I don’t find LS fun at all. I tried to do some, but all of them were more of the same. It is boring and repetitive. No matter how hard they will try to create new LS content, it will still be burned much faster than they can produce it.

So maybe it’s time to focus on real stuff that matters? Like fixing all bugs, adding new skills, traits, classes, normal content that means something and does not disappear after 2 weeks?

I would say they are wasting too much resources on LS.

P.S. Would like to see if there is any poll where you could choose what you prefer more – normal expansion or LS?

Gw2 expansion

Posted by: Giotto.2607

Giotto.2607

i don’t want expansion unless it’s free

Gw2 expansion

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

relax i am 100% confident we will get one

Aside from misguided optimism, what makes you so confident we’ll get an expansion when every signal we’ve been given indicates the exact opposite.

its barely been a year

It’s been a year and a half, actually. 18 months is as close to two years as it is one.

ad we already have rumors about the tengu

Rumors are rumors. There’s no more information today than existed when the game released a year and a half ago that indicates playable tengu (or any other race) will soon be playable.

In summation, anyone who thinks an expansion (or expansion-level content, like new races and new classes) is on the docket just isn’t paying attention. That, or they’re willfully and blissfully ignoring the track record.

Gw2 expansion

Posted by: Milanko.6289

Milanko.6289

Yes – that’s exactly what our game needs right now -
refreshing new content (not just stories and quests) to bring the inactive players back and push Guild Wars 2 into news’ spotlights.

While living story is fun – it is not enough to improve the game on a scale it deserves. There is so much that could be added – from new professions, races, continents or major new story turns to new mechanics like player-owned housing or base building.

Altrought my idea I posted is more specific:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestion-Naval-expansion/first#

I am talking about the almost same thing – this game needs something new.

Gw2 expansion

Posted by: Azreell.1568

Azreell.1568

You folks want an expansion?

That’s like putting a band-aid over a gaping wound.

This game has a lot of core issues that need to be addressed before they think of releasing anything new.

I would like to see them solve their current problems in game before adding new one to the mix.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

Gw2 expansion

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

i see GW2 like champions online, broken from day 1 with systems that really don’t belong with each other, plenty of content but nothing interesting, allot of boasting from the devs but nothing to show for and the favorite of all, a 3 part community.
part one is so obsessed with getting loot that they forget to actually playing the game, part two who like to play the game but the devs make stuff the wrong way and the third part only wants what they want and pretty much ban everyone who have a different idea.

nice game guy’s, it’s going sooo well….

Gw2 expansion

Posted by: Milanko.6289

Milanko.6289

i see GW2 like champions online, broken from day 1 with systems that really don’t belong with each other, plenty of content but nothing interesting, allot of boasting from the devs but nothing to show for and the favorite of all, a 3 part community.
part one is so obsessed with getting loot that they forget to actually playing the game, part two who like to play the game but the devs make stuff the wrong way and the third part only wants what they want and pretty much ban everyone who have a different idea.

And where do you belong? The third part I reckon?

Gw2 expansion

sorudo.9054

And where do you belong? The third part I reckon?

actually the second part, but you showed your part already….

Gw2 expansion

Posted by: Nivelis.8763

Nivelis.8763

we need expansion for proper and big dev team. right now is just not enough ppl, money and timework to see something really good in this game.

This game really needs some well paid, talented persons to move forward. Ascended armor was a big red card for concept and 3d artists and last time we have seen some good new concepts was Aetherblades and Zephyr Sanctum. New maps, monsters, weapons, armors with more stunning music – it must be new expansion. I wish its Cantha 2015

Gw2 expansion

Posted by: Nivelis.8763

Nivelis.8763

And its really shame what concept art they’re putting off. This all are 30min-60min sketches for dev meeting not graphic to be proud of. We deserve some art from time to time, browsing official gallery I see this is going bad.

It would not hurt to make some graphic and cosplay contest

Gw2 expansion

sorudo.9054

And its really shame what concept art they’re putting off. This all are 30min-60min sketches for dev meeting not graphic to be proud of. We deserve some art from time to time, browsing official gallery I see this is going bad.

It would not hurt to make some graphic and cosplay contest

if you want art, take this guy:
http://nebezial.deviantart.com/
he can make a drawing in 30 minutes that takes most about 3 hours. 0_o

Gw2 expansion

Posted by: Lost at Sea.3925

Lost at Sea.3925

Dunno why this game is dying, haven’t played in awhile but haven’t had a PC suited for it. Will be back this summer, the best MMORPG I’ve played since the first and perhaps WoW.

^.^

Gw2 expansion

Posted by: Justin.7163

Justin.7163

This game has a lot of core issues that need to be addressed before they think of releasing anything new.

I would like to see them solve their current problems in game before adding new one to the mix.

They’ve had a year and half already to fix whatever core issues the game still has. At this point I think I’d prefer that band-aid over nothing.

Gw2 expansion

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

and again arena net will ingore this all of it :P they are focusing on china now so you gona wait ……. and also i got tons of friends from real life that stop playing maybe expansion will bring them back and i know few of them where havy spenders on the gem store whic means more support for arena net

Gw2 expansion

Posted by: Azreell.1568

Azreell.1568

They’ve had a year and half already to fix whatever core issues the game still has. At this point I think I’d prefer that band-aid over nothing.

If you review my post history – I’m quite harsh and many of my posts concerning this game. The reason being I had such high hopes ( and to a small extent) still do for what this game possibly can become.

But, You are correct. After a year of waiting for it to evolve – it would be silly for me to think this game will be anything beyond what it is today.

The sad part is – its imply becoming more and more a game just to pass time until something better comes out.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None