Gw2 needs more contents/guides/info

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: sarahgogo.1347

sarahgogo.1347

Many of beginner players have so much of lacking information about what to do in guild wars 2. They practically have no information on Fractals even when they reached level80 as it is to be explored by their own will or either known by other players who would either tell them or they had to ask for themselves to know that. One of my guildmates complained about this issue as if it is a big deal and it is! I had the same problem when I was a beginner here and this is why I’m sending a request of more content to be added to guide players. He stated that they can’t always refer it to google or it wouldn’t be fun anymore. Also, he highlighted on the endgame about what to do next in guild wars 2 except for repeating the same thing over and over again because it feels like the endgame lacks of something as he is lost of what to do after story excepts map completions and get good gears. Players have no motivation and it leads to them being offline to play some other game that would entertain them. He did say that everything else in gw2 is awesome but nonetheless, only the guides and info is lacking. Sending this hoping that the issue can be solved. As a guildmate, we can help but what if the players have no idea how to use chat tab, guild and go to places? It is not only him who’s been complaining, I’m sure there are more players who have the same problem because I’m seeing it for myself for the information and question flooded in my guild chat. Recruiting new players is fine but they have no idea that they can have 3 guilds, represent and that represent is something to the guild. I suggest further guides to beginners and not some chest in the middle of the push back rolling thing in their home town.

That is all

Sorry for the long post

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

I always wonder how people like me managed to play the game at release … We managed to explore the world, figure out what to do and how to do it and guess what? There weren’t and guides for it neither ingame nor outside of the game for the most part.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: steveway.3167

steveway.3167

Many of beginner players have so much of lacking information about what to do in guild wars 2. They practically have no information on Fractals even when they reached level80 as it is to be explored by their own will or either known by other players who would either tell them or they had to ask for themselves to know that. One of my guildmates complained about this issue as if it is a big deal and it is! I had the same problem when I was a beginner here and this is why I’m sending a request of more content to be added to guide players. He stated that they can’t always refer it to google or it wouldn’t be fun anymore. Also, he highlighted on the endgame about what to do next in guild wars 2 except for repeating the same thing over and over again because it feels like the endgame lacks of something as he is lost of what to do after story excepts map completions and get good gears. Players have no motivation and it leads to them being offline to play some other game that would entertain them. He did say that everything else in gw2 is awesome but nonetheless, only the guides and info is lacking. Sending this hoping that the issue can be solved. As a guildmate, we can help but what if the players have no idea how to use chat tab, guild and go to places? It is not only him who’s been complaining, I’m sure there are more players who have the same problem because I’m seeing it for myself for the information and question flooded in my guild chat. Recruiting new players is fine but they have no idea that they can have 3 guilds, represent and that represent is something to the guild. I suggest further guides to beginners and not some chest in the middle of the push back rolling thing in their home town.

That is all

Sorry for the long post

There is a wiki for this type of thing.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Suggest your new guildies type /wiki (topic of choice) in chat. There you go! A complete guild to Guild Wars 2. =)

Good luck.

Posted by: Royal.2693

Royal.2693

Ever since the release you had a green star clearly pointing your way to the next main story quest, by doing those you explored many different areas.
Also, you could see so many spams in /map chat and now in LFG for dungeons.
Beauty of events is that you discover them by simply playing the game, you are not supposed to know everything right away, it takes away the feeling of “wow this boss is awesome”.

I’m guessing people who want even more simplification never played any Zelda games or any older RPG games.

And yes there is wiki that tells you EVERYTHING

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Well dulfy.net has a lot of achievement and openworld content guides. gw2dungeons.net
has a step by step guides for every dungeon and fractal. gw2crafts.net has automatically generated crafting profession leveling guides. Oh and build in /wiki command.
Current “end game” is silverwastes/dry top farm, fractals/dungeons and wvw/spvp

sarahgogo.1347

Thats exactly my point to all of the replies. It wouldnt be fun to keep on using google as a guide. The game will only be function by the searching method on the net rather than knowing by gameplay. I am totally for the net when it comes to solving solutions on jp, recipes and such but based on knowing if there is such as fractals, how would anyone know? the endgame is also stuck at one point, it makes most players not knowing of what to do. I mean i know exactly what to do but im speaking on behalf of him. Not everyone has such knowledge as we do. They could be new players on mmo rpg game and knowing that gw2 can offer only that as info wouldnt be an in game knowledge and more like play the game, dont know? Go to the net! Net has a lot to offer!

sarahgogo.1347

Theres also at one point where nobody knows that LFG tab is a thing.

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

We don’t want another New Player Experience update. As others have said, everything can be located and completed without the use for a guide.

Posted by: Deedrick.4372

Deedrick.4372

This new set of players calling us elitist because we won’t just carry them... and FYI gw2 has no end game.

sarahgogo.1347

This new set of players calling us elitist because we won’t just carry them… and FYI gw2 has no end game.

I did tell my guild member about that but he made me rethink about it when he said after doing personal story. You have no idea what to do next except getting good gears and map completion. and then what? Replay the same story over and over again with other characters? They have no motivation as it becomes boring. I did say there are such as fractals but do not know what that is and they wouldnt start doing it anytime soon. and then what? I couldnt reply because basically, i did everything that he said, farm, grind, level and hear the same story over and over again And thats why we needed more content. Adding small quest would be fun though. Something that would be story related. Im not stressing to add this tho, but i would love for people to stay as time pass where the game is still enjoyable to be played

sarahgogo.1347

We don’t want another New Player Experience update. As others have said, everything can be located and completed without the use for a guide.

i think its unfair to say that as we’re not new players. with the new expansion coming, i think at least letting them know the basic knowledge of the game is good enough.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

but i would love for people to stay as time pass where the game is still enjoyable to be played

They will either love this game or not, ive stayed for 2..almost 3 years now isnt it, love this game alot, dont play it all the time however.

There is also an expansion on the way. So dont expect any new content till then.

i think its unfair to say that as we’re not new players. with the new expansion coming, i think at least letting them know the basic knowledge of the game is good enough.

Hes getting at the fact they forced the NPE on veteran players with no way to shut it off. Its more than alittle annoying when leveling now, i mean i dont mind the rewards for leveling, but i dont need to see what ive unlocked…when i already know.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

(edited by Dante.1763)

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

The GW2 wiki is useful, as is dulfy.net. I’ve used both countless times.

I do have a pet peeve with the wiki though, it is not nearly as detailed as the GW1 wiki. I could spend hours reading the GW1 wiki- it was well written and included a fantastic range of information from guides, helpful tips and lore.

The other problem with the GW2 wiki is the search function… it doesn’t correct you if you have misspelled something and won’t direct you to useful related pages with your search.

I appreciate that a lot of players want/expect all information to be available in game. However, there’d be so much information that it would be difficult to convey all of it without interrupting the feel of the game. The wiki is a pretty useful tool in this case and I’m pretty sure that most MMOs/RPGs now have a wiki designed to be used like a handbook.

Personally, I think it’s an outdated way of thinking that you will obtain all relevant information from the game itself. Games are bigger, on the whole. When a player starts an RPG they need to be willing to do a bit of research here and there.

A bit of a disclaimer here, of course a player could play GW2 without ever turning to the wiki or a guide. It sure is possible, but it would take much longer to learn and could be inconvenient at times. I’ve experienced/observed that mechanics/theories are so complex that it is difficult for a player to explain them in a concise and comprehensive manner. People who ask a question in map chat (or even guild chat) are bombarded with answers from all different perspectives, often leading to confusion or flawed understanding. Only once have I read something on the wiki and needed to get a guildie to explain it to me, but the opposite scenario has happened countless times.

Posted by: Eurhetemec.9052

Eurhetemec.9052

Suggest your new guildies type /wiki (topic of choice) in chat. There you go! A complete guild to Guild Wars 2. =)

Good luck.

Except a wiki isn’t a guide, at all. GW2’s wiki is particularly bad in terms of the knowledge it assumes, and the stuff it leaves out.

Dante.1763

Except a wiki isn’t a guide, at all. GW2’s wiki is particularly bad in terms of the knowledge it assumes, and the stuff it leaves out.

It depends on the wiki, in GW1 i never used videos or any other website but the wiki when i needed help. It didnt have everything but it had more than enough so that i could figure out the rest.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

sarahgogo.1347

Hes getting at the fact they forced the NPE on veteran players with no way to shut it off. Its more than alittle annoying when leveling now, i mean i dont mind the rewards for leveling, but i dont need to see what ive unlocked…when i already know.

I mean they should put those beginner knowlege in settings where players who knows can shut it off bcs they know.

Eurhetemec.9052

It depends on the wiki, in GW1 i never used videos or any other website but the wiki when i needed help. It didnt have everything but it had more than enough so that i could figure out the rest.

True, but GW1’s was exceptional and GW2’s isn’t a fraction as good.

Dante.1763

True, but GW1’s was exceptional and GW2’s isn’t a fraction as good.

Yup exactly! Its why i dont use it unless im looking for a certain POI or an area of the map im missing, if it was anything like GW1s wiki i would for sure recommend it, but it isnt!

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

I agree with the OP sentiment, Is this a puzzle game, mind teaser, to try to figure out through logic and trial and error what to do next? or is it a role playing game where you know the rules of this make believe reality, and you just have to make your way through it, the way a character would progress through Dungeons and Dragons for example.

The game relies on the community to explain to players where, what, how, when and why. instead of building that information into the game play.

I can not, for instance, gain knowledge about a possible event, by performing a preceding task to that event. The Foe I kill, or the NPC I help does not have any guidance or helpful dialog, other than pointless banter that most players ignore.

I could suggest though, that the wiki should be incorporated into the game, in the form of an overlay similar to how the tradepost works, so it does not feel like you are breaking immersion and leaving the game, to find information to help you regain immersion once again.
The whole going to Dulfy and wiki and youtube, and reddit completely takes you away from gameplay, and turns everything into a research project.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Between GW2 Wiki, Dulfy, and YouTube I’ve been able to learn everything I’ve wanted to know about the game. As far as I can tell of the games I play, this game has the best and most online resources available. Unlike some (Rift) where it’s next to impossible to get info about anything from their most recent expansion – Nightmare Tide. Even their forums are terrible for this.

Eurhetemec.9052

Between GW2 Wiki, Dulfy, and YouTube I’ve been able to learn everything I’ve wanted to know about the game. As far as I can tell of the games I play, this game has the best and most online resources available. Unlike some (Rift) where it’s next to impossible to get info about anything from their most recent expansion – Nightmare Tide. Even their forums are terrible for this.

I’m sure it’s better than some games, but for an AAA-quality B2P game with a large player-base it has absolutely terrible guides for most things.

What is interesting is that GW2 has superb guides for money making, for crafting efficiently and so on. Something absent even from games like WoW.

But for general gameplay? For how to get into the game and what to do? GW2 is abysmal.

You have to work your kitten off to find out accurate, up-to-date information for GW2, and as I said, and I’m double-checking and it’s correct, GW2 wiki and most reddit guides assume tremendous amounts of basic-game knowledge.

The dungeons in GW2 are also vastly more complex and involved than those in similar games, and that’s even before skipping, and guides to them are of highly variable quality (and tend to be Youtube only, which means hours of listening to poor narration and unclear guidance).

So no, if you think this game has “the best” online resources, you are, I’m afraid, rather obviously wrong. It has superior resources to some (but not all!) F2P games, but and has superior resources to any MMORPG for making money, but that’s it.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

So no, if you think this game has “the best” online resources, you are, I’m afraid, rather obviously wrong.

That’s why I said it was the best of the games I personally play.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I think something that some new players may miss on first glance is the achievement section on the Hero pane. This really is a content guide as it directs you to all the different things to do in the game, from the 3 different modes (PvE, PvP, WvW), to all the Living Story, activities, jumping puzzles, collections, etc.