Gw2 play whit friends?/overflow/

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

seriosly i can’t even join them on my home server cuz of that stupid overflow sistem this is why this things of content shoud be instanced COME ON arena net

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

Wait there is a simple solution that they’ve already put in the game just for this complaint.

Right click the portrait and from the drop down choose “join in some-map-name” If their map is full they can instead right click your name and choose to join you in your map. If your problem is that you want to play with your friends you can accomplish it easily. If your problem is that you want to get into an already full overflow that’s another issue entirely.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

im CLICKINg for the past 50 min and i can’t enter dude im playing since beta u think u helping ? (code=39:9:13:986:101) FULL

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

And if you cannot enter their overflow/ main, couldn’t they just enter your overflow?

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

My guess is Gele is trying to do the LS events or Tequatal. Where going to an overflow is less than desirable due to the possibility of not having enough people.

@OP: So the game is supposed to stick everyone on the same server and cause people horrendous lag just so you can have 100% chance of playing with your friends?

The solution would be to let the event scale better to smaller groups so that people do not feel as pressured into having to guest to other servers to do events. Or make the events instanced that kicks off 5 minutes after enough people show up. And that instance pulls from all servers.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

seriosly i can’t even join them on my home server cuz of that stupid overflow sistem this is why this things of content shoud be instanced COME ON arena net

Overflows exist because each map can only hold a finite amount of players at once. If there’s a maximum of 100 players per map (just making up numbers), and there’s 300 people trying to get in, only the first 100 will make it to the main map. The other 200 will then be placed in an Overflow server, which mimics the main server exactly. All the events are the same there, so you should have no problem accessing the new Living Story content.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!