Gw2 should release No. of players

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

Like seriously ive been browsing the last day all over the internet watching stats on reddit stats, MMO websites, google trends etc. it looks like gw2 is actually still a popular game 2 years after its release, Anet should announce active player numbers if thats the case, it will only help the game`s reputation

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Every place that measures anything puts Guild Wars 2 pretty high up the chain. Raptr, Xfire, Overwolf…Guild Wars 2 is almost always in the top twenty and usually the second or third most popular MMORPG.

I’m sure the game is doing okay. They may have thought it should be doing better, though.

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

OFC is still popular.Just cause few ragers come on forums for the sake of been toxic,does not mean game is dead.

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Anet should announce active player numbers

How do you define what constitutes an active player?

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Shalloe.4867

Shalloe.4867

something like this but for year 2 would be great

Attachments:

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

While I do understand where you are coming from with this, I don’t think it’s gonna work. My reason for it is this: showing the numbers, while it will help in making the game more well-known will also just add more fuel to flame wars amongst MMO fanboys which is the last thing I want to see.

@GrandmaFunk I suppose you could just count the players who are currently online in GW2 including those who go afk right in front of the BLTC or Mystic Forge.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Posted by: The Ice Mage.4879

The Ice Mage.4879

While I do understand where you are coming from with this, I don’t think it’s gonna work. My reason for it is this: showing the numbers, while it will help in making the game more well-known will also just add more fuel to flame wars amongst MMO fanboys which is the last thing I want to see.

Then avoid the more toxic general discussion forums (I would count it as a blessing that I can’t put some names to that epithet :P ) that tend to discuss MMOs and such…Granted, I suppose it’s unlikely that you’ll never see something cringe-inducing along those lines but I think I do a good job of avoiding typical stupid trollbait bullkitten along the lines of “HURRR Gaem X is dead/sucks/blah blah blah” most days.

Indeed, that is something for the relevant experts at ANet to decide. :>

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Well I guess they could just show a graph of online players over say the last six months.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

It’s a very popular game. Don’t forget there’s like 20 servers for EU and 20 for NA, on top of overflow maps for everywhere you could possibly go. It’s just the majority of people seem to hang around in the pvp lobbies or at dry top, rather than lurking in the cities – and on top of that we don’t really have a server/alliance/trade/etc chat, which also adds to the illusion of activity on other games

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: aerial.7021

aerial.7021

I often think as I am roaming around that “I am alone”, I wonder if placing dots on the radar of where people actually are would help (not name tags, just a dot), you could always tell in GW1 if your district was full just by a casual glance at the radar, which I wonder now if this actually increased its longevity, as you would conclude “Yes, the game I play and enjoy is still popular with other people too.”, which may avoid odd threads like this.

Only way you know someone is actually in the map with you sometimes is a commander tag(s), and if they aren’t there well it can get cold lonely quite quickly.

• p.s on the other hand sometimes I enjoy peace and quite.
Server: Gate of Madness

Posted by: flasbang.5102

flasbang.5102

here is the figures from google trends compare to other major mmo on the market

How did you get that chart?

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

here is the figures from google trends compare to other major mmo on the market

How did you get that chart?

It’s from Google Trends. It graphs how many times terms are searched for from Google users.

Anyone can make their own using their own parameters with the tools available at the website. Just type in what you want to see trends on into the search bar at the top.

https://www.google.com/trends/

Posted by: aerial.7021

aerial.7021

Hmm untrustworthy if you ask me, if that is what it uses for valid input.

Server: Gate of Madness