Change of mood

Change of mood

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Brimstar.9036

Brimstar.9036

I love how everyone in the livestream on guild halls today shut up about $50 dollars being over priced after they shown the content today. Completely tone changed in minutes, so funny.

Change of mood

Posted by: xsharpshotx.7586

xsharpshotx.7586

so whats the funny part? :o

Change of mood

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

That people are raging over something they have no idea about and silence after they seen the actual product.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

Change of mood

Posted by: xsharpshotx.7586

xsharpshotx.7586

That people are raging over something they have no idea about and silence after they seen the actual product.

oh i see thanks! sorry my mind is a little slow today!

Change of mood

Posted by: hartley.9157

hartley.9157

I, for one, never believed that paying $50 for the expansion was too much, regardless of the amount of content. Anet has worked kitten their game, and they deserve to be paid for it. What bothers me, and I’m sure many people will agree, is that they’re not charging $50 for just the expansion, and then something like $60 for the expansion plus base game. Or giving existing players a perk upon purchase for already owning the base game. No amount of content will right the unfairness of that.

Change of mood

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

I love how everyone in the livestream on guild halls today shut up about $50 dollars being over priced after they shown the content today. Completely tone changed in minutes, so funny.

Duh. That wasn’t because people were happy with what they saw in the video.

It was because ArenaNet blocked from the channel everyone who was complaining about the 50$ being overpriced.

You have a funny definition of content if you think guild halls could possibly be worth anything even close to 50$.

Change of mood

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Whats that? Look forward to it.

Change of mood

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

U think casual players care about guild hall and gvg? Its nice addition but it has no effect on $50 price rant.

Change of mood

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

I’m pretty sure at least 40% of the players won’t care about guild halls. If they were personal halls however…

Glorious Human Master Race

Change of mood

Posted by: Delgamor.2376

Delgamor.2376

The true $50 rant should be about the fact it INCLUDES the original game, which…. Wait, doesn’t everyone here own the Original game?

They need to half the price for those who already own GW2 so all we have to pay for is HoT.

Change of mood

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

It had an effect on my part for sure. Guild Halls is a very massive system. Everyone knows the great memories are built from within guild adventures (raids anyone?), so I’m looking forward to it. I just wanted them to clarify what will happen to our guild unlocks, will they be simply erased and nothing given in return? I ask that because they require a lot of commitment from the guild as a whole.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Change of mood

Posted by: Photonman.6241

Photonman.6241

You know they keep deleting the threads and merging them into one right? It’s not like people aren’t still upset, they’re just cleaning house so it all gets buried under one thread.

Change of mood

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

I’m pretty sure at least 40% of the players won’t care about guild halls. If they were personal halls however…

personal guild = personal hall

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Change of mood

Posted by: LastShot.4762

LastShot.4762

Is it even possible to make a personal hall? consider you need to party with guildies to get the resource.(unless you have many alt accounts)

As for the prepurchase rage, it has been 3 days, if it still persist, Anet will be in a lot of trouble.(errrr….just looked around, there are still like ~5 threads on the subject, didn’t notice much tone change either.)

Change of mood

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Anet will be in a lot of trouble.

Why would you assume this?

Change of mood

Posted by: LastShot.4762

LastShot.4762

Anet will be in a lot of trouble.

Why would you assume this?

Well, you know what bad PR can do.

But then again, Anet may have a big enough fan base to not care about that, kinda like a certain D game by company B.

ps. I was hoping this thread got drift into a GH discussion, but hilarious indeed, another thread about prepurchase.(guess OP was wrong)

(edited by LastShot.4762)

Change of mood

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Wait. Guild Halls are now fifty dollars of content? Um . . . I’m going with the people who were unhappy were blocked.

That seems more plausible than, “And then suddenly those who saw the Guild Halls were silent and happy.”

Just saying.

On that note, I’m not guilded and have no interest in the Halls or their decorations.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

Change of mood

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

Exactly this lol. Despite every other point, the complaints are about insufficient content when they don’t even know the amount of content that there will be. ANet did say that they had been working on this long before they even announced it. Not to mention all the HoT-related content that will be released after the expansion itself, such as further extending the story, living world, more stronghold maps, and of course the continuous work on and balancing of the new elite specializations and the revenant.

Sure, not everyone will play all the new content, but that is the same of even the base game. I don’t play WvW, but I don’t start yelling the game is a rip off.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

Change of mood

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

What planet are you on? Still plenty of justified criticism going on in other threads.

Change of mood

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

well, i pvp mostly, all i would get from xpac is extra map and 1 new class, i don’t have any interest in both~

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Change of mood

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

Many like myself who are upset didn’t bother watching the live stream. Take my silence as protest.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Change of mood

Posted by: CrimsonDX.4821

CrimsonDX.4821

The true $50 rant should be about the fact it INCLUDES the original game, which…. Wait, doesn’t everyone here own the Original game?

They need to half the price for those who already own GW2 so all we have to pay for is HoT.

The xpac would still cost 50$ whether it had the base game or not. The base game is a free bonus so that new players don’t need to spend an extra 30$ or w/e to buy the base game as well.

Change of mood

Posted by: DragonflyDusk.6582

DragonflyDusk.6582

“I didn’t see complaining in the twitch chat! No one is complaining about it!”

*Meanwhile, back at the official forums and reddit…

Attachments:

[ I survived the 2015 April Fools Forum Meltdown ]

Change of mood

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

This thread = In North Korea every citizen must be very happy because you never hear them complain.