HOM: Rewards for 31 points and above

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Loki.8034

Loki.8034

As yet Anet has not implemented any rewards for people who got their HOM points to 50. I understand some people will say that this was not compulsory however Anet has never indicated that there will be no rewards after 31 points added to this HOM points is maxed at 50, why is this so?

I feel the time spent grinding these points were wasted in GW1 which I am supposed to be rewarded in GW2.

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

The impression I was left with was that any ranks after 30 would be titles only. There was never any intention of adding gear or skin rewards past that. Even their own skill calculator would say you had unlocked every skin at 30/50.

Sorry, man. I dunno what to tell ya.

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

It was always meant to be that way, after 30 points its nothing but titles.

Also, getting 50 points gives you 500 achievement points.

Posted by: caiomacos.1694

caiomacos.1694

Working as intended.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

As yet Anet has not implemented any rewards for people who got their HOM points to 50. I understand some people will say that this was not compulsory however Anet has never indicated that there will be no rewards after 31 points added to this HOM points is maxed at 50, why is this so?

I feel the time spent grinding these points were wasted in GW1 which I am supposed to be rewarded in GW2.

ArenaNet actually did say there would be no item rewards after 30 points:

John Stumme:

‘The Hall of Monuments in-game location is where you will need to dedicate, or register, your achievements, while the web page lists all of the accomplishments available, as well as all of the rewards that you can earn for your tier of progress. There are unique items for the first 30 points, with special titles being awarded every 5 points, up to the maximum of 50 points. All of these rewards are cumulative—you get the items at your level of points plus everything below it.’

http://web.archive.org/web/20120807214818/http://www.arena.net/blog/john-stummes-guide-to-the-hall-of-monuments

Posted by: Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Actually 30-1. Only 29 skins as rewards. They reskinned the fellblade onto a champ weapon. Not long until the steal the fire dragon sword and icebreaker from GW1 players as well.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Hasn’t the Icy Dragon Sword (aka Jormag’s Breath) already existed in GW2 since the beginning? It’s just a Fiery Dragon Sword in a different colour.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I think the HoM hits a good balance; it has rewards (titles and AP) for the highest-achieving legacy players, but also doesn’t waste a bunch of skins on rewards for that group, which is small and just getting smaller over time. (Since relatively few people are probably still earning them, while old-timers decline, either out of disinterest or change in life situations.)

I mean, if they added new rewards to fill out the list up to 50, that might make a few players (relatively speaking) happy, while causing everyone else to ask “…Why? Couldn’t those resources have been better used somewhere else?”

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Nor should they . I have all the HoM rewards but they shouldn’t add more post launch . Thats just a big F you to all the non GW1 players especially post launch .

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Hasn’t the Icy Dragon Sword (aka Jormag’s Breath) already existed in GW2 since the beginning? It’s just a Fiery Dragon Sword in a different colour.

sigh Let’s not start this again……..however you are sort of right, the sword existed in GW1 as the Icy Dragon Sword, which was a glorified reskin of Fiery, much like it is in GW2.

(edited by Celestina.2894)

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

They actually had the icy dragon sword in GW1 a long time ago.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Icy_Dragon_Sword

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

They actually had the icy dragon sword in GW1 a long time ago.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Icy_Dragon_Sword

Oh, I know. I spent HOURS farming those blasted Ice Imps for the sword back when it first came out. I still have it on my GW1 Warrior, as a matter of fact.

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

You still get 200 AP from 30-50 right? That is nothing to scoff at.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

ANet stated their reasoning for this previously OP.

30 points was challenging yet achieveable. The item rewards were intended to stop their.

For anyone who went the extra mile they could show their prestige with titles.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

Posted by: Jovel.5706

Jovel.5706

Judging from a recent trend of reskinned gemstore items, I wouldn’t be surprised if Anet took the HoM rewards, plastered them with fire, and sold them in the gemstore.

Also to those of you that are comparing the Fiery Dragon Sword with Jormag’s Breath (The Icy Dragon Sword from GW1), those two swords have noticeable differences:

• Jormag’s Breath has a bulkier draconian hilt than the FDS, different models entirely.
  • They both have different flame lengths, with the FDS’s clipping into the ground.
  • The differences in flame color

Though similar, neither is left behind appearance-wise while having distinguishable differences.

Now go ahead and compare the Fellblade and Lord Taeres’ Shadow, the Fellblade 2.0 that drops from champion loot bags.

Lord Taeres’ Shadow didn’t exist in GW1, has the same hilt as the Fellblade, has the same shape of the blade, and has a better particle effect that resembles the one from the Fellblade concept art.

Yes, ArenaNet did say that 30 was the limit, but they also said that these rewards would be exclusive to GW1 players only. The ArenaNet from those times, from the times before GW2 launched, has shriveled up. I doubt they’ll add more rewards, or a reward for having the 50th point, since their schedule is full pasting Scarlet Briar everywhere, but if they’re selling burnt up reskins of the Pitfighter, Invader’s, and human T3 armor skins for $10 a pop then I’m sure they don’t have the slightest of interest in touching the HoM for any reason except for making a profit.

And I don’t blame them, I too would not waste resources that I’m already wasting on a living story.

Though, “30/50 is the limit” should be taken as seriously as “account-bound dyes” from that 2010 blogpost by ArenaNet. Remember that? 2010 was also the year that the HoM rewards calculator was released, what a coinkidink.

Posted by: Yellya.3147

Yellya.3147

aaaaahhh…people… You already have kitten equipements and titles all exclusive to gw1 players as well as 500 AP. What else do you want?

The impression I was left with was that any ranks after 30 would be titles only.

That’s the impression I’ve been left with too.

Yellya Aalana | Level 80 Elementalist
Adelia Aalana | Level 80 Engineer
Clan of Elders [CoE] – Blackgate

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Quite the opposite, Anet clearly stated from the moment HoM calculator was made that there will be no rewards past 30 except for titles. It’s been made that way so that GW1 players didn’t feel the need to grind too excessively (30 is still a grind, but nothing compared to 50), while at the same time giving those that did something cool (titles).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November