HOM rewards

HOM rewards

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

so, to claim my Hall of Monuments rewards, I have to: spend FIFTY dollars on the original game for the trilogy AND EOTN, AND I have to play ALL THE WAY TO THE MONUMENT IN THE FIRST GAME?! I tried the game over a year ago, and after 20 hours on one ascalon mission, I gave up. so to redeem my measly 3 points I have to play the ENTIRE STORY?! jesus you people ..

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

HOM rewards

Posted by: Esqualatch.5083

Esqualatch.5083

really? 20 hours on ascalon i think you can do all the vanquishes missions in the whole ascalon zone by then, but also the first mission take like 15-20 min….

HOM rewards

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

You don’t have to complete a campaign to start your tapestries. If you already have the trilogy, I’d recommend starting in Nightfall. You get heroes very early. Play to level 10, and then go start the EOTN stuff from Kamadan. You’ll be up-leveled to 20, and then you can just play until you unlock the first tapestry in the Hall. From there, you can choose to keep going with the EOTN story or go back to Kamadan.

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

HOM rewards

Posted by: Chad.6104

Chad.6104

It’s been so long that I’m a little shaky on the details but if it’s only the 3 points you want you need one campaign and EOTN and you need to link your gw2 and gw1 accounts. Then level to the point where you get the quest to go to EOTN. (I think it’s around level 16). You can then take the quest and run to the HoM. If you speak to the NPC inside, Kimmes, I think that unlocks the 3 points for you.

Edit: if you need a tapestry for the HoM you first speak to Jora. She is right outside Boreal station when you reach EOTN. Then speak to Gwen in the HoM after looking in the Vision Pool. You can then put the tapestry on one of the walls to get it ready to accept more achievement points (by adding mini pets, heroes, statues, etc depending on if you go further with it)

(edited by Chad.6104)

HOM rewards

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You might consider consulting the Guild Wars Wiki, which will clear up any and all misunderstandings about the Hall of Monuments and associated rewards.

Good luck.

HOM rewards

Chad.6104

One thing that occurred to me is if you don’t have EOTN then you don’t actually have 3 points. The 3 points you get for linking 2 accounts is automatic but unless you have EOTN they’re more like placeholder points. Your account doesn’t get them for real without buying the expansion.

HOM rewards

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

One thing that occurred to me is if you don’t have EOTN then you don’t actually have 3 points. The 3 points you get for linking 2 accounts is automatic but unless you have EOTN they’re more like placeholder points. Your account doesn’t get them for real without buying the expansion.

ugh so I spent $30 for the trilogy to get the original game for the purpose of HOM and now I have to cough up ANOTHER $20?

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

HOM rewards

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

ugh so I spent $30 for the trilogy to get the original game for the purpose of HOM and now I have to cough up ANOTHER $20?

Yes, you have to have EOTN. You even said as much in your original post:

“so, to claim my Hall of Monuments rewards, I have to: spend FIFTY dollars on the original game for the trilogy AND EOTN,”

HOM rewards

Chad.6104

The HoM items were a reward to the players of gw1 who supported the game for so long and made gw2 possible. It was a reward and consolation prize to all who were playing the game and were told that gw1 would not have any more expansions or campaigns. It was put in place with the EOTN expansion, so yes you need the EOTN to access the HoM, which is on an EOTN map. Just like you need to buy HoT to access the Mastery system.

HOM rewards

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

HoM is a reward system designed for those who bought and were loyal players in GW1 through its lifespan and wanted to continue into GW2. So yes, anyone coming into GW1 late or during the lifespan of GW2 would have to expect a reasonable amount of time and money to be spent to get the same rewards.

The Hall of Monuments is located in the final expansion zone where it was originally launched, so you need 1 campaign setting and EOTN to access it.

edit: Chad beat me to it lol