HOPE IV Collection Help

HOPE IV Collection Help

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lankmaster.6507

Lankmaster.6507

I just ran into an “interesting” issue doing the HOPE IV collection. One section of this collection requires you to activate the M-PEC device previous to defeating certain foes.

My M-PEC turned into a “burned out M-PEC”. I looked on the wiki and it said if it burns out, Jett in Auric Basin can give you a new one. I went and talked to him and he doesn’t give me the option to get a new one.

I still need 2 items that require the M-PEC’s use, so I’m kinda stuck. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Thanks for the help in advance.

HOPE IV Collection Help

Posted by: Gator.5729

Gator.5729

I ran into this as well, I am just going from memory, so I may be wrong. I think Jett only offers the device after a certain event or string of events is completed.

HOPE IV Collection Help

Posted by: CrusaderXENO.4631

CrusaderXENO.4631

I have finished HOPE and ran into the same issue. Just run back to Jett and he will give you a new one. The M-PEC has a hidden number of charges or burns out if you fail to get anything after it’s timer runs out. Not sure which, but at least you can delete it and get a new fresh one.

HOPE IV Collection Help

Posted by: Lankmaster.6507

Lankmaster.6507

I checked back later and Jett gave it to me. Gator must be right, and he only offers it at a certain point in the quest string. Thanks for the input guys.