HP's for PoF Elites

HP's for PoF Elites

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: redcomyn.4651

redcomyn.4651

How many HP’s are needed for completely enabling a PoF elite?

HP's for PoF Elites

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

We don’t know cos no one has PoF yet.

Most people are guessing 250, the same as HoT

HP's for PoF Elites

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

Unless they have a LOT more HP challenges in PoF than HoT, I would guess 250 just like HoT.

Also since PoF is in no way connected to HoT from a skills, etc. standpoint, they will not expect us to draw upon HoT for our excess hero points.

HP's for PoF Elites

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

That is what I was wondering this morning. We do know that they will fill up one trait line first then go back for the other 2, so you can get a master one ASAP. People have said the HP challenges were 1 HP each, vets rather than champs, and they reset daily but we do not know if that is what we will get next Friday.

I think it was WP that was speculating we might do a collection this time so they have a bit of meaning? Or maybe that was for their items?

HP's for PoF Elites

Posted by: michelada.2947

michelada.2947

i have 355 hps with my guardian, it would be kinda silly to have the full spec just at the beggining of the expansion, i’m assuming it will be 400 or probably 300

HP's for PoF Elites

Menadena.7482

I am assuming it will be a collection and you just proved the point.

HP's for PoF Elites

Posted by: Kreed.2768

Kreed.2768

i have 355 hps with my guardian, it would be kinda silly to have the full spec just at the beggining of the expansion, i’m assuming it will be 400 or probably 300

Doubtful, in my opinion. The reason you have so many more than you currently need is likely because they lowered the amount required to unlock a HoT elite spec. When HoT launched you needed, I believe, a whopping 400 HPs to fully unlock it. They reduced it due to the amount of complaints received about it.

Lover of longbow rangers.
Party Hard in GW2!
My YouTube Channel!

HP's for PoF Elites

Posted by: Hevoskuuri.3891

Hevoskuuri.3891

Since the new specs are not meant to be overtuned or in any way better than HoT ones, I think it would be unfair for them to cost more than 250 HP’s.

HP's for PoF Elites

Posted by: Cirrion.8951

Cirrion.8951

Since the new specs are not meant to be overtuned or in any way better than HoT ones, I think it would be unfair for them to cost more than 250 HP’s.

Unless the PoF Hero challenges reward more points that HoT ones like HoT did with vanilla. That way no one could unlock the specs right at launch, but you could earn the points fairly quickly to play the expansion with the elite.

HP's for PoF Elites

Cirrion.8951

I am assuming it will be a collection and you just proved the point.

Making it a collection would complicate allowing unlocks from WvW though.

HP's for PoF Elites

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

For HoT, they tried to balance it so players with all hero challenges would be roughly 50% into their elite from the start. If they try that again, PoF will need to be around 800 points. By the looks of it however, they’re going with 25 challenges, so they’re likely sticking with 250 points, though they could easily make them worth more than 10 points each. Although some will be able to unlock it immediately at only 250, it will be the better experience for the majority. They’d probably be better off reverting to the original implementation however, with expansion-specific hero points and 1 for leveling, which could then be traded for spirit shards or mastery points, which goes back to the play your way style.

HP's for PoF Elites

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Proof of heroics.
Everybody could manage to have em Since the first login.

HP's for PoF Elites

Posted by: Hevoskuuri.3891

Hevoskuuri.3891

Unless the PoF Hero challenges reward more points that HoT ones like HoT did with vanilla. That way no one could unlock the specs right at launch, but you could earn the points fairly quickly to play the expansion with the elite.

This would be rather pointless, increasing the cost but also increasing the income of HPs. Might just as well leave it at 250 and 10 HPs per challenge, which I personally believe it will be.

HP's for PoF Elites

Cirrion.8951

Proof of heroics.

According to the devs Proof of Heroics won’t work for unlocking PoF HPs; they will be introducing a new currency to WvW for that.

HP's for PoF Elites

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Proof of heroics.

According to the devs Proof of Heroics won’t work for unlocking PoF HPs; they will be introducing a new currency to WvW for that.

They won’t work to unlock the new PoF HPs, yes. But PoHs still work for core and HoT, so you can gather more than plenty to unlock the PoF elite at the start if it is indeed only another 250 points. There are (according to wiki) currently 600 points available from Hero Challenges.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

HP's for PoF Elites

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

i believe same as hot since the game expansions r sell as part, it will be weird if different parts have different hp

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

HP's for PoF Elites

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

That is what I was wondering this morning. We do know that they will fill up one trait line first then go back for the other 2, so you can get a master one ASAP. People have said the HP challenges were 1 HP each, vets rather than champs, and they reset daily but we do not know if that is what we will get next Friday.

I think it was WP that was speculating we might do a collection this time so they have a bit of meaning? Or maybe that was for their items?

The Hero Challenges were worth 10 Hero Points in the Path of Fire Demos/Stress Tests.

HP's for PoF Elites

jheryn.8390

I don’t think it would be silly or unprecedented at all. I had almost enough hero points on a couple of my toons that that three HoT hero point challenges was all it took for me to have my elites on them.

So having hero point ahead of HoT worked. I’m sure it will be the same for PoF.

HP's for PoF Elites

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Proof of heroics.

Can you site the source for that? Reason I ask is because that doesn’t seem to make sense. Proofs unlock the Hero Points for you. It’d be the same as going over to the Hero Point and activating it yourself. If we’re going to be using hero points, then Proofs would work.

I’m starting to think that Hero Points are not going to be the way to unlock the Elites then.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

HP's for PoF Elites

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Proof of heroics.

Can you site the source for that? Reason I ask is because that doesn’t seem to make sense. Proofs unlock the Hero Points for you. It’d be the same as going over to the Hero Point and activating it yourself. If we’re going to be using hero points, then Proofs would work.

I’m starting to think that Hero Points are not going to be the way to unlock the Elites then.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Will-vendors-be-updated-for-PoF/first#post6743184

Follow the arrows for more information.

Good luck.

HP's for PoF Elites

Posted by: Hana.8143

Hana.8143

It won’t be 400, you can have 364 points with all specs unlock and all HP (from wvw maps, central tyria or HoT)

We were able to unlock entirely the new elite spec from HoT, and it’ll remain the same for PoF (they want us to play the new specs asap)

If you are in need of HP, remember, in WvW, with proof of heroics, you can buy any of the HP from central tyria (including WvW) or HoT (1 proof of heoric for hp from central tyria, 10 for HP from HoT)

You have 6 proof per skirmish chest, and 2 to 10 from gaining a wvw lvl.
Skirmish chest are easy to get, as lvling in wvw.

I made all my HP in no time on my ele (it’s actually the fastest way to get hero point)

HP's for PoF Elites

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

PoF HPs have different color (Purple). This is probably because desert background is yellowish and HoT HPs are light green, but this could be also incompatibility.
Need to wait and see…

HP's for PoF Elites

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

PoF HPs have different color (Purple). This is probably because desert background is yellowish and HoT HPs are light green, but this could be also incompatibility.
Need to wait and see…

I think you might be confusing the PoF Mastery Points with the Hero Points. The Mastery Points are Purple alright, but the Hero Points icon was the same as the HoT one and gave 10 Hero Points.

For example:
Mastery Point
Hero Point

As for the cost, I’d be surprised if it wasn’t 250 points the same as with HoT, not everyone who buys PoF will have HoT so they should be on a level playing field.

Edit: also, there are only 5 Hero Points on the first map. I think there’d be more there if it did require more that 250 to unlock. Obviously there may be more at release but I doubt it.

(edited by Pifil.5193)

HP's for PoF Elites

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

Right, especially since they cannot expect people to own HoT. They had to design it under the premise that people who buy PoF start with zero or only a handful of HPs, Because without HoT, there is not even a reason to get more than those you get for levelling to 80. My main character has 352, that’s far more than someone can get without HoT, but they still have to balance it. They could require 4oo, but they learned that is a bad idea if you provide the number of HP challenges as in HoT.

So if they require 400, they will add many more HP challenges than we have in HoT. My guess is that they made it 250, and those who own HoT and have spare points can get the elite right away. Why not, it’s not that we didn’t earn those points. We did all the old challenges and all the HoT ones, and a few in WvW.

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

HP's for PoF Elites

Pifil.5193

We will be adding a new currency that is similar to Proof of Heroics that will allow you to buy new sigils, runes, recipes, and hero points from PoF.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Will-vendors-be-updated-for-PoF/first#post6743184

The PoF Hero Points are added to our total same as the HoT ones were. I suspect the new currency has been added mostly for the Sigils, Runes and Recipes but it seems redundant to not allow people to unlock the PoF Hero Points with Proofs. I think the new Elite Specs will just require Hero Points.

(edited by Pifil.5193)

HP's for PoF Elites

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

They’ll probably still be 250 points, because I think Anet learned the lesson of “people want to play the new content with the new elites, not for them” last time.

Well, hopefully they did.

HP's for PoF Elites

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

Need to wait and see…

I think you might be confusing the PoF Mastery Points with the Hero Points. The Mastery Points are Purple alright, but the Hero Points icon was the same as the HoT one and gave 10 Hero Points.

For example:
Mastery Point
Hero Point

As for the cost, I’d be surprised if it wasn’t 250 points the same as with HoT, not everyone who buys PoF will have HoT so they should be on a level playing field.

Edit: also, there are only 5 Hero Points on the first map. I think there’d be more there if it did require more that 250 to unlock. Obviously there may be more at release but I doubt it.

yeah, you might be right. I don’t remember seeing HPs then, but I wasn’t looking for them either.
I guess color difference should be, cus HoT are green and core Tyria are red.

(edited by mazut.4296)

HP's for PoF Elites

Posted by: Hana.8143

Hana.8143

Right, especially since they cannot expect people to own HoT. They had to design it under the premise that people who buy PoF start with zero or only a handful of HPs, Because without HoT, there is not even a reason to get more than those you get for levelling to 80. My main character has 352, that’s far more than someone can get without HoT, but they still have to balance it. They could require 4oo, but they learned that is a bad idea if you provide the number of HP challenges as in HoT.

When you don’t have HoT, you don’t spend 250 HP into the elite spec.

That means when you don’t own HoT, you miss 400 HP, but you have 250 you didn’t spend yet
Actually, by unlocking all the HP everywhere and all your spec + elite spec from HoT, you still have 364 points left (so that means without spending the 250 points for the elite specs, you have 614 points when you own HoT, and 214 when you don’t own HoT.)

People without HoT will need to do 4 HP (if it’s the same as HoT, a HP on map will reward you with 10 points) to unlock the entire elite spec if it cost 250 points, which is not that huge… it’ll be half of the HP on a map, or maybe less.

It’s not a big deal imo.

HP's for PoF Elites

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

They are probably going to just run it like HoT numbers. It would be a waste of dev time trying to come up with fancy system.

HP's for PoF Elites

Menadena.7482

Exactly, since anet has not said I am not assuming it will be HPs and it will be 250 of them. For all we know we get some new currency and will use that.

HP's for PoF Elites

Posted by: Hyrai.8720

Hyrai.8720

pretty sure it will be around 250, just like HoT.
The thing you need to remind is:
The hundreds of HP’s from HoT are not available for those who don’t own HoT. And they still need to be able to unlock all the PoF specs.
So increasing the amount of HP needed, because “people have so many HP left over from HoT” doesn’t make sense.

So if you have a lot of HoT HP left over: congrats, you will have your elite-spec maxed out earlier than those who don’t own HoT. Surprise! …

(edited by Hyrai.8720)

HP's for PoF Elites

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

I’m positive it will be 250.

HoT release HP amounts caused rage, and if they release PoF with a HP requirement higher than the current, there will also be rage.

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

HP's for PoF Elites

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Exactly, since anet has not said I am not assuming it will be HPs and it will be 250 of them. For all we know we get some new currency and will use that.

Then why are there HP’s in the new maps? They would be useless.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

HP's for PoF Elites

Menadena.7482

Why do we have the challenges in the old maps when you get enough points just by leveling?

HP's for PoF Elites

Pifil.5193

Why do we have the challenges in the old maps when you get enough points just by leveling?

Because they were there at the start when we had skill points that were a currency.

HP's for PoF Elites

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

So we have two components here, HPs and Mastery points. HPs would make sense in leaving as one pool so that the “play as you want” mentality can be left in place and players can gather HPs from any existing source. Leaving Mastery points in their current incarnation also makes sense so that people will need to play PoF zones to get Mastery points for PoF abilities. As far as the number of HPs, I go round on that a bit. 250 to match HoT makes sense but it also depends on ANets plan on people having multiple elites unlocked. In effect there is already a price increase since having 2 would be 500 HP under the current pricing. Since HPs still need to be done for map completion there will still be a reason to unlock them via doing them or via the WvW method, which need to find the post, there was mention that a new WvW currency will be required for PoF HPs. Off to look for that since a friend mentioned it last night.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

HP's for PoF Elites

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

From what I heard. Getting the elite skills will cost 250, but unlocking everything will cost 500.

Ah here it is:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Will-vendors-be-updated-for-PoF/6743184/quote

We will be adding a new currency that is similar to Proof of Heroics that will allow you to buy new sigils, runes, recipes, and hero points from PoF.

That doesn’t say anything. HP is a different currency from Proof of Heroics. The change is designed to prevent WvWer from unlocking all the runes and sigils instantly.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

(edited by silvermember.8941)

HP's for PoF Elites

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Ah here it is:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Will-vendors-be-updated-for-PoF/6743184/quote

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

HP's for PoF Elites

Healix.5819

HPs would make sense in leaving as one pool so that the “play as you want” mentality can be left in place and players can gather HPs from any existing source.

The true “play how you want” design was abandoned with HoT. The problem was, people would simply grind, then complain about the lack of content. That’s why they’ve switched to requiring you to play specific content.

If they wanted to bring it back, they’re going to need to use a new type of hero point that is unique to each expansion. That would allow them to feature more challenges than required and to bring back points for leveling, just as the original core game did it. The original idea was that you could do hero challenges to unlock your skills faster, or simply play and earn them by leveling.

HP's for PoF Elites

Because we used to need them when they were still skillpoints (they were also used as currency for several crafting materials). An excuse POF does not have.

~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

HP's for PoF Elites

Hyrai.8720

Because we used to need them when they were still skillpoints. An excuse POF does not have.

And why are there more mastery-points available than needed to max out all masteries?

HP's for PoF Elites

Because we used to need them when they were still skillpoints. An excuse POF does not have.

And why are there more mastery-points available than needed to max out all masteries?

How is that relevant? We are not talking about mastery points, we are talking about hero points.

~Sincerely, Scissors

HP's for PoF Elites

Menadena.7482

Because we used to need them when they were still skillpoints (they were also used as currency for several crafting materials). An excuse POF does not have.

I meant I was here while we were still under that system. Since that is not the system now the only purpose they serve is to get things sooner. Why not just remove them, right? It sounds like they have heard us that people want to play the elites from the start.

HP's for PoF Elites

Healix.5819

If mastery points were only available from insights and playing through the story, there wouldn’t be any excess. Having excess allows them to put points where they otherwise shouldn’t, which acts as a bonus for players that do everything.

HP's for PoF Elites

I meant I was here while we were still under that system. Since that is not the system now the only purpose they serve is to get things sooner. Why not just remove them, right? It sounds like they have heard us that people want to play the elites from the start.

I think the devs didn’t remove them because simply changing the name of the skillpoints was easier than removing all of them.

I want to unlock my spec immediately on release too. That’s why i have 250 hp’s ready to go on my second set of characters. And I think the HP’s in POF are there for people who do not have HoT, and will need the extra HP’s.

~Sincerely, Scissors

HP's for PoF Elites

Hyrai.8720

How is that relevant? We are not talking about mastery points, we are talking about hero points.

Didn’t expect any other answer…
FYI, a possible logical answer would’ve been:
Because this whole game is mostly designed as “play as you like”, and only providing the exact amount of HP/MP that you need would make a lot of players rage.

That’s why the amount of necessary HP for the first espec was lowered to 250, and ANet added more and more MP over time, so players can chose which MP they want to complete to max out their masteries.

(edited by Hyrai.8720)

HP's for PoF Elites

Because this whole game is mostly designed as “play as you like”, and only providing the exact amount of HP/MP that you need would make a lot of players rage.

That’s why the amount of necessary HP for the first espec was lowered to 250, and ANet added more and more MP over time, so players can chose which MP they want to complete to max out their masteries.

True, but then I still don’t see why POF would need HP’s in the maps when there’s already a pretty big excess and (if lonewolf is right) POF specs aren’t unlocked with HP’s anyway.

Which is basically my point, the fact POF maps have HP’s proves that the new specs are unlocked with HP’s. POF maps wouldn’t need HP’s otherwise.

~Sincerely, Scissors

HP's for PoF Elites

jheryn.8390

HPs would make sense in leaving as one pool so that the “play as you want” mentality can be left in place and players can gather HPs from any existing source.

The true “play how you want” design was abandoned with HoT. The problem was, people would simply grind, then complain about the lack of content. That’s why they’ve switched to requiring you to play specific content.

If they wanted to bring it back, they’re going to need to use a new type of hero point that is unique to each expansion. That would allow them to feature more challenges than required and to bring back points for leveling, just as the original core game did it. The original idea was that you could do hero challenges to unlock your skills faster, or simply play and earn them by leveling.

I don’t agree. “Play how you want” does not mean getting anything you want any way you want. There is no game in existence nor will there ever be that is tailor made to every person playing it.

Play how you want means you have many options of achieving many things. That is why there is an excess of Hero Points, Mastery Points, etc. You can get the ones that are easiest for you to get without having to get them all.

Play how you want does not mean that if you don’t like something or don’t find something convenient that Anet needs to change it so you can get it “the way you want to.”

tl/dr: Play how you want does not mean the game is designed around every person’s likes and wants.

HP's for PoF Elites

Pifil.5193

True, but then I still don’t see why POF would need HP’s in the maps when there’s already a pretty big excess and (if lonewolf is right) POF specs aren’t unlocked with HP’s anyway.

Which is basically my point, the fact POF maps have HP’s proves that the new specs are unlocked with HP’s. POF maps wouldn’t need HP’s otherwise.

Exactly, if PoF didn’t need HPs for its specs then there would be no HPs on the maps. Sure, they’re repeatable for rewards, of course, but there’s no need for them at all unless you needed HPs for the specs.

I fully expect it to be the exact same as HoT; you can spend your 250 HPs to fully unlock and start playing your PoF Elite Spec straight away. I also suspect that the maps will have a total of 25 HP challenges in order to replace the 250 HPs you spend on your PoF Elite Spec.

HP's for PoF Elites

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

Your saying it would be silly to enjoy the new content while playing with new content?

I think they learned from hot it was extremely silly to have to play all the new content before you could even enjoy your elite and then have to do it all again to play it.

It’s basically saying it’s silly to get mounts until you finish the story.