Hyped for incoming VIP status in Gem Store!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lorgus.6148

Lorgus.6148

Hi everyone Lorgus here,

I just had one question for anet regarding the incoming VIP status that is already available in the Chinese version of gw2. The recent feature patch showed us that upcoming changes are often duplicates of systems already in place in the Chinese client.

So my question is this: How soon can we expect a VIP status that you can buy with gems?

From what I hear, in the Chinese client, a VIP status gives you the notable benefit of having a big symbol over your head for all the plebeians to see, all the better to realize your elevated status. I also heard that after a year of continuous VIP status, players will be able to obtain a precursor.

These feature sound like they’d be fantastic additions to the NA client, as a great way to differentiate the players who can afford what is basically a sub fee from those who can’t.

Regards,
Lorgus

P.S. hopefully the VIP status is priced at at least 1600 gems/month, we need to make sure VIP status is for real VIPs only

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Time to start a new reality series within Guild Wars 2, let’s call it Keys to the VIP’s
And call it living story.

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

Posted by: Telemin.7380

Telemin.7380

Aside from the obvious /sarcasm, this is one thing they have said they wont bring over, various times.

Teh Ouchies

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

it this a troll?

Posted by: La Goanna.8142

La Goanna.8142

it this a troll?

I doubt it.

Attachments:

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

it this a troll?

I doubt it.

“make like worth living.”

I normally do not point out typos in a post but are you sure that is official ?

La Goanna.8142

it this a troll?

I doubt it.

“make like worth living.”

I believe it was partnered with the VIP advertising for GW2’s Chinese site, but it’s been so long that I don’t remember all of the details.

The fact that it’s in English is wary enough.

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

“No, no, no, no.” – Koptev

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

It’s in English because ArenaNet did it. The China team does all the localizing. All the Chinese feature pack changes for example could have been here first.

Posted by: Ykfox.3825

Ykfox.3825

Supposedly ANet has stated that just because it’s been datamined doesn’t mean anything. That said, this woul disappoint me quite a lot.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

That vip package would be perfect for the game being completely F2P. Seriously, I think we are going to see a f2p version. Not a bad idea, look how well Swtor is doing financially after going f2p with sub option.

Posted by: Hybrid.7059

Hybrid.7059

That is the actual image that was found through data mining. You can read more about the VIP benefits from here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1utx8p/data_mining_vip_membership/

Anet responded to it here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/VIP-Membership/page/5#post3474276

It doesn’t mean that some form of it won’t eventually find its way here but it’s also possible it really doesn’t make it here.

Posted by: Galen.9042

Galen.9042

The image was datamined back in January. Anet said that it was not for the NA version.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1utx8p/data_mining_vip_membership/

Martin Kerstein:

We just wanted to respond to the image that has been data-mined from the Edge of the Mists testing branch.

This is a testing branch. We conduct internal experiments for various territories on our testing branches. This particular experiment is not being tested for the West.

As always, keep in mind that we test a lot more than we ship, so data-mining is no guarantee of anything. If we have announcements to make about future content, we’ll make them through the usual official channels.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’m pretty much convinced that if Anet brought the VIP membership here, half the game’s population would just walk. Straight away.

Which doesn’t mean the game would necessarily be less profitable.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

People have been posting they want to have this. If it comes look up those posts and congratulate them.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

I’m pretty much convinced that if Anet brought the VIP membership here, half the game’s population would just walk. Straight away.

What do you think would happen to the game if it went F2P with a vip type membership? I could only imagine that it would do very well.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

Freemium that’s managed well can actually be great for the game’s health. If it leads to a better ArenaNet with more customer-centric development, I’d buy a subscription to the game

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

“Teleport to Friend” .. yes plz

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Vayne.8563

What do you think would happen to the game if it went F2P with a vip type membership? I could only imagine that it would do very well.

It probably would do well. But it would lose a whole lot of people that currently play in the process.

I’m not honestly sure what I would do at that point.

On one hand, I have plenty of disposable income and could easily afford the money. On the other hand, I would probably have problems with the direction of the game. I’d definitely be disquieted by it.

Shrugs.

What will be will be.

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

Its never going to happen so not like it matters.

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Posted by: Lorgus.6148

Lorgus.6148

Aside from the obvious /sarcasm, this is one thing they have said they wont bring over, various times.

Do you have a source on that? Also, there’s no saying that anet won’t change their minds, like with ascended gear, levelling revamp etc.

Posted by: papryk.6273

papryk.6273

I will quote you in a few months …

Posted by: Alice.8317

Alice.8317

That’s what everyone thought about the level gating.

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

Time to start a new reality series within Guild Wars 2, let’s call it Keys to the VIP’s
And call it living story.

I guess you could say..
Anet is.. *Key*Farming.

Edit; Bold text not working.

I ? Karkas.

Posted by: Phillip.9318

Phillip.9318

Just wait a few months, just as soon as this patch’s problems have been forgotten then WHAM! VIP status. Goodbye noobs! This is a pay to win game now. We don’t want all the cheapskate loosers that don’t spend tonnes of money on our game to do good in it anymore.

Posted by: Skywing.4836

Skywing.4836

If this happens, I and several if not the majority of my three guilds (each about 200-400) will be quitting.

And again ANet’s terrible habit of NOT being OPEN to the play is the result of this.

Posted by: JCROY.5730

JCROY.5730

“Taking Elitism to a new level” hahahaha

“see cow, grab bundle, feed cow?”

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

I would only be for this, if and only if, content is not put behind it. If it s just conveniences/boosts like what the cash shop is currently, then its ok.

If it isn’t, then you bet many will leave this game.

PSO 2 has this system in place and its never even required to get ahead, or get into new content ever!

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

La Goanna.8142

From that_Shaman’s latest datamine on reddit:

“teleport to friend”
“waypoint unlock”

Under the “Beam Me Up!” description.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2fxoo3/datamining_upcoming_features_from_the_feature_pack/

They lied about bringing Chinese level gating to our servers, what makes you think they won’t do the same here?

(edited by La Goanna.8142)

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

They lied about bringing Chinese level gating to our servers, what makes you think they won’t do the same here?

Do you have a source on that? I would love to see the source to nail their lies on black and white.

Posted by: Thia.4891

Thia.4891

How much do I have to pay to get them to fix the Personal Story?

(Sigurdas MoonEyes and Ronja) (Myrin Crowneguarde) (Yarza Steelfang) (Luqq) (Nevnia)

Vayne.8563

From that_Shaman’s latest datamine on reddit:

“teleport to friend”
“waypoint unlock”

Under the “Beam Me Up!” description.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2fxoo3/datamining_upcoming_features_from_the_feature_pack/

I’ve seen this repeated 2-3 times now, that Anet somehow, somewhere said they couldn’t bring level gating to our servers. I defy you to produce a quote.

The quote I’m sure you’re thinking of is where Anet said that the VIP system wouldn’t be coming over. I’ve never seen a quote that said anything about anything else.

It makes massive sense for them to synchronize the patches from a programming point of view, certainly.

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

That vip package would be perfect for the game being completely F2P. Seriously, I think we are going to see a f2p version. Not a bad idea, look how well Swtor is doing financially after going f2p with sub option.

I rather see the game going really B2P like it was supposed to be then going really F2P as the game has been moving to since launch. That might be even better for the game then F2P + cash-shop related decisions in the game and a Sub.

Play a game without cash-related nonsense for free after initial purchase and have the option to every year buy an expansion for a new big bulk of content.

Posted by: MikaHR.1978

MikaHR.1978

Does it REALLY matter how ANet sells the stuff from cash shop?

Golem banker – already in shop
Black Lion traders – already in shop
Additional bags
Ressurection
…….
Almost everything IS already in shop.

So whats the big deal in putting it in one 30 days bundle and calling it “VIP status”

Please elaborate (for those who go even so far as “leaving the game” if this makes it in)

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

(edited by MikaHR.1978)

Vayne.8563

Additional bags
Ressurection
…….

So whats the big deal in putting it in one 30 days bundle and calling it “VIP status”

Please elaborate (for those who go even so far as “leaving the game” if this makes it in)

So will you still be playing if the VIP comes in?

MikaHR.1978

Additional bags
Ressurection
…….

I dont really care. Its standard practice to bundle items and sell them. Its not like gem shop doesnt have bundled items from launch.

Is it name that offends people “VIP status”?

What if they call it “monthly convenience bundle”? MCBundle ;P

(edited by MikaHR.1978)

Posted by: Duran.3196

Duran.3196

look at the promises they have already broken, you still have faith in that?

#ELEtism

Posted by: Snowmoon.1758

Snowmoon.1758

omg….even Vayne given up hope.

Unless a red post comes in here and confirms we are not getting this VIP crap, this will definitely be rolled out sooner or later.

Man….its kindda hard to see the game self-destruct like that.

Staunch Supporter of Mounts in Guild Wars 2. Gimme mah Fluffeh White Bunneh!!!
Give us Mounts, Anet! Pretty Please with Chocolate, Whipped Cream, Cherry and Mayonnaise? d^_^b

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Hi everyone Lorgus here,

I just had one question for anet regarding the incoming VIP status that is already available in the Chinese version of gw2. The recent feature patch showed us that upcoming changes are often duplicates of systems already in place in the Chinese client.

So my question is this: How soon can we expect a VIP status that you can buy with gems?

From what I hear, in the Chinese client, a VIP status gives you the notable benefit of having a big symbol over your head for all the plebeians to see, all the better to realize your elevated status. I also heard that after a year of continuous VIP status, players will be able to obtain a precursor.

These feature sound like they’d be fantastic additions to the NA client, as a great way to differentiate the players who can afford what is basically a sub fee from those who can’t.

Regards,
Lorgus

P.S. hopefully the VIP status is priced at at least 1600 gems/month, we need to make sure VIP status is for real VIPs only

Attachments:

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

Well, the reason they won’t ( I hope ) and can’t ( it’s obvious ) introduce a VIP status that grants you a precursor after a year of “subscritpion” is because it would become a p2w game. In games like this where itemisation and, generally speaking, looks are the endgame content ( if you think that these few dungeons/fractals, pathetic and neglected PvP and WvW are endgame content, then, well… won’t say anything so as not to get reported by the White Knights ), this is precisely what the definition of “pay to win” is.

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

MikaHR.1978

Well, the reason they won’t ( I hope ) and can’t ( it’s obvious ) introduce a VIP status that grants you a precursor after a year of “subscritpion” is because it would become a p2w game. In games like this where itemisation and, generally speaking, looks are the endgame content ( if you think that these few dungeons/fractals, pathetic and neglected PvP and WvW are endgame content, then, well… won’t say anything so as not to get reported by the White Knights ), this is precisely what the definition of “pay to win” is.

Even if this theory comes to fruition….

You already can buy legendary with gold. And you can convert $$ to gold. Since launch. And it comes out much cheaper to do just that and buy precursor than be VIP for a year.

Vayne.8563

Unless a red post comes in here and confirms we are not getting this VIP crap, this will definitely be rolled out sooner or later.

I haven’t given up hope. You read me wrong.

I see a whole bunch of people who left the game coming back here and complaining. I see a lot of people jumping on band wagons, in some cases not even understanding what they’re complaining about or complaining about stuff this is factually untrue.

If the game gets that bad a rep., people are going to leave and if people leave and there aren’t enough players, any company would be smart to bring in something like free to play with a VIP.

The problem as I see it are the people who want the game to be something it’s not. It’s not going to help the game, but it can hurt the game.

The game isn’t going to change into what these people magically want. Not happening. So they leave. But they don’t just leave. They leave and stay on the forums. Eventually there are more of them than there are of me. I mean a lot more.

Does that affect Anet’s bottom line? Eventually I would imagine it will. When that happens is Anet going to bring in a VIP program? I would. I’d save my business.

And if and when that happens (I don’t expect it any time soon), it’ll be like every other change Anet has made. A reaction to a shifting situation.

Posted by: Templar.4512

Templar.4512

This would just destroy the game, if it’s true.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

If they bring in a VIP system here,

I’ll never buy gems again.
I won’t say I’ll quit outright, but I couldn’t support the game going in that direction.

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

They’ve commented on it before. You want them to comment on it every week?

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Templar.4512

So is this real or not?

Vayne.8563

So is this real or not?

It’s not real.

Templar.4512

Phew…15characters

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Additional bags
Ressurection
…….

I dont really care. Its standard practice to bundle items and sell them. Its not like gem shop doesnt have bundled items from launch.

The VIP system in china includes things such as:

Free precursors
The ability to trade more than 5 items a day (everyone else gets restricted)
A temporary 50% dmg booster
The ability to instantly port around the map (meaning if you don’t pay for that you will never get to an event in time again, no karma or gold for you)
40-50% discounts on gem store items which have increased prices

If you don’t pay for VIP the game is gutted and unplayable. They offer convenience for the VIP players by removing it from all the other players.

And if you don’t think they’d do that, just look at SAB. you used to be able to easily get continue coins by a dozen different methods… one day the infinite continue coin gets put in the gem store and 99% of those methods are nerfed out of the game. Buy it or suffer was the message.

Templar.4512

Additional bags
Ressurection
…….

The VIP system in china includes things such as:

Free precursors
The ability to trade more than 5 items a day (everyone else gets restricted)
A temporary 50% dmg booster
The ability to instantly port around the map (meaning if you don’t pay for that you will never get to an event in time again, no karma or gold for you)
40-50% discounts on gem store items which have increased prices

If you don’t pay for VIP the game is gutted and unplayable. They offer convenience for the VIP players by removing it from all the other players.

And if you don’t think they’d do that, just look at SAB. you used to be able to easily get continue coins by a dozen different methods… one day the infinite continue coin gets put in the gem store and 99% of those methods are nerfed out of the game. Buy it or suffer was the message.

So, a VIP system really does exist in China? Any confirmation that it’s coming here?