Hacking/botting out of control in pve

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

So this is ridiculous, stand for 1 or 2 mins at any ore vein at timberline falls and random people appears and dissapears to mine it, not just 1, i have counted prolly more than 20 in the last few hours of leveling in this area, and i cant report them, seriously whats wrong with ANet? People hacks like this and no one cares…

Posted by: sweatycool.9624

sweatycool.9624

So this is ridiculous, stand for 1 or 2 mins at any ore vein at timberline falls and random people appears and dissapears to mine it, not just 1, i have counted prolly more than 20 in the last few hours of leveling in this area, and i cant report them, seriously whats wrong with ANet? People hacks like this and no one cares…

That’s Guildwars 2 for you!

As what my mighty Norn says, EAT MORE BACON

- I Eat Bacon, from Ferguson’s Crossing.

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

You remember a few months ago? When you had the ranger/bear bot trains? People were shouting and yelling, “ANet why are you not banning the bots?” Lo and behold, after a mass ban later, people simply stopped talking about them.

They are working on it. They care, and they are working on it. They are fully aware of the problem already. Threads like this do not contribute in anyway to their effort to combat bots.

Posted by: interpol.2397

interpol.2397

Agreed with Ursan. ANet can’t just snap their fingers and make the bots disappear. There are way fewer bots and gold sellers than a month ago, so they’re clearly doing something.

The bots will never be completely gone; that’s near impossible to achieve in any MMO.

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

You remember a few months ago? When you had the ranger/bear bot trains? People were shouting and yelling, “ANet why are you not banning the bots?” Lo and behold, after a mass ban later, people simply stopped talking about them.

They are working on it. They care, and they are working on it. They are fully aware of the problem already. Threads like this do not contribute in anyway to their effort to combat bots.

I’m not sure how it is on your server but on JQ the bots trains are still alive and kicking mainly in Orr, Southsun, and all the lvl 1-30 zones.

They just found better hiding places for their pathing, such as the teleport hack.
For example in hiding places if you go into the deep seas of Southsun you will see dozens and dozens of teleporting farmer bots mercing fish 24/7 with no one the wiser.

They got smart it seems since the dumb guy/guys that were running the ranger bots in plain sight got caught these ones will probably be around awhile.

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

Guys, please keep in mind that a lot of people have alts parked on the rich ori vein in south sun cove, and just hop between alts to mine. Might seem like booting, but it’s not. I do this all the time.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

Posted by: KcHappy.5398

KcHappy.5398

Guys, please keep in mind that a lot of people have alts parked on the rich ori vein in south sun cove, and just hop between alts to mine. Might seem like booting, but it’s not. I do this all the time.

I never considered that as a possibility, thanks for enlightening me.

Posted by: Moderator.2608

Moderator.2608

Hi! Please keep on reporting those players via the ingame report function, so that we can have a look.
Thanks for your help.