Had Evon won, things be very different

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sky.7610

Sky.7610

For starter, we would a RNG box in the gem store for this new event to justify the “discounted” BL key.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

What you talkin about Willis?

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I think people are quite tired of RNG boxes of any way shape and form by now, and if that was Evons legacy i’m really glad i vote Ellen Kiel.

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

…I’d still rather have Evon.

NSPride <3

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

NO.

Yesterday I ported to from LA to Gates of Arah event and only payed something like 1.5 silver.
Planning to do LOTS of porting this month.

Ellen, we love you.
Can´t wait for Thaumanova!

Polish > hype

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

NO.

Yesterday I ported to from LA to Gates of Arah event and only payed something like 1.5 silver.
Planning to do LOTS of porting this month.

Ellen, we love you.
Can´t wait for Thaumanova!

I ported from Gendarran left side to Gendarran right side and only payed something like 1.5 silver…

How much of a discount is that?

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Really looking forward to the asurian lab fractal.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: gurugeorge.9857

gurugeorge.9857

I agree, I think if the vote had gone for Evon, Anet would have taken it as a green light to go in the “lockboxes for everything” direction that many other f2p MMOs go.

They have now been given a clear signal that RNG is fine as it is and we don’t want to go any further down that route, thank you very much.

Some people like gambling, no problem; but most people don’t. If I get a key drop I’ll open a box, it’s fun. But I’m kitten ed if I’m going to waste money on a stupid gamble. If content starts getting saturated with this kind of RNG (which has blighted some otherwise fine games, like Cryptic’s), it will put off many players – at least, too many for Anet to ignore.

(edited by gurugeorge.9857)

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

What Evon has to do with rng? …

U dont like Evon bc hes owning black lion company? Its k, don’t use it anymore, and i don’t care how u will be selling ur items. Ask Kiel to open her own market.

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

Seriously?

Or are we still RPing?
Hard to tell ATM.

Polish > hype

gurugeorge.9857

Umm, the candidates offered (amongst other things) a choice between two discounts, Keil’s was waypoints, Evon’s was RNG keys.

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Umm, the candidates offered (amongst other things) a choice between two discounts, Keil’s was waypoints, Evon’s was RNG keys.

So bc Evon had keys, its makes him a rng god? U dont have to buy any keys, and thats olny ur choice. If u got a problem with rng chests, tell that to AN. Its not Evon fault.

Posted by: Poledo.3256

Poledo.3256

I think I am the only person that voted Kiel because I disliked the character of Evon.

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

I think I am the only person that voted Kiel because I disliked the character of Evon.

No you aren’t. You are just reading the forums, where everyone is 100% sure why the other people voted and will tell you so, despite what you may say haha.

gurugeorge.9857

So bc Evon had keys, its makes him a rng god? U dont have to buy any keys, and thats olny ur choice. If u got a problem with rng chests, tell that to AN. Its not Evon fault.

Not sure if serious.

Posted by: raptor.1064

raptor.1064

If you don’t like rng you should have voted for Evon because it would mean more people opening chests and selling the stuff from them on the TP for a fixed price, making them cheaper

Posted by: Emmet.2943

Emmet.2943

Probably one of the few people who actually voted because of the story. I don’t trust keil’s person(their barely is one) and I don’t see a solider making a good council member especially when compared to the leader of the biggest trading company in tyria. The fact that keil raised rank pretty much as fast as the charr character in the personal story did which is just fishy. So Keil makes me feel uncomfortable I mean look at the dead stare in her giant image.

Can’t wait to see were it goes though and I do hope Evon has some good involvement in the living story(maybe he has had involvement before the election we just don’t know of it). Rng was just a reward and a temporary one at that(it also made sense for the black lion trade companies leader reduced the price of black lion keys were keil reduced asuran waypoint costs? unless she had inquest help which would explain inquest research) and the black lion keys have never opened anything but black lion chests.

(edited by Emmet.2943)

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

If you don’t like rng you should have voted for Evon because it would mean more people opening chests and selling the stuff from them on the TP for a fixed price, making them cheaper

Almost everything that comes from BLCs is account bound. I think the dyes are not and that’s about it. If they were not account bound items I’d have a lot of gold just from selling PvP boosters as I will never use them. I like most of the other stuff though and use them often.

The Burninator

Posted by: Curae.1837

Curae.1837

I agree with Emmet. I also voted Evon (although I also dislike rng).

Kiel just didn’t seem like a good choice to me. She hasn’t been ‘on stage’ for a long time, while we knew nothing of her, Evon was running the black lion trading post; the biggest trading company. He seemed more someone who can think logically rather than with his heart.

Besides that; Kiel reminds me of Trahearne.
“Go do this! Go do that! I need your help! Do everything for me!”
“I did this, and I did that, I didn’t need any help and I did everything myself!” > gets promoted some more while the player did all the work and she reaps the rewards.

So yeh. I voted Evon.

“When we remember that we are all mad.
The mysteries dissapear and life stands explained.”

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

Well I am not too upset about Kiel winning. The Fall of Abaddon would/should have been an epic instance and we all know about Anet’s idea of an epic end boss fight.

However, like others have mentioned, I am perplexed as to why she won. Several reasons that I believe why people voted for Kiel:
1) They like Kiel
2) They hate Evon/merchants/charr
3) Cheaper waypoints
4) Asura Reactor (not very likely though)

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

Kiel won because she gave a bit lower wp cost for a month. Its about the equivalent of voting in a President because he’s going to lower taxi fares for a month.
I dont even notice wp costs, what is the % reduction anyway?

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Kiel won because she gave a bit lower wp cost for a month. Its about the equivalent of voting in a President because he’s going to lower taxi fares for a month.

This made me laugh. Why? Because it’s sad, but true.

And to those who will be WPing a lot more since it’s a little cheaper, do realize that you negate the discount with overuse of the WP. <puts on straw hat> It’s like saying “Why am I gaining weight? I drank 10 of those weight loss shakes yesterday!”

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

The only thing I voted for was which fractal we would be getting, I’m sad that it wasn’t Abadon. WP cost peanuts as it is and I could not care less about saving money on them. BL keys are meh, maybe if the discount was big enough I would buy some but I still prefer to farm them.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

The only thing I voted for was which fractal we would be getting, I’m sad that it wasn’t Abadon. WP cost peanuts as it is and I could not care less about saving money on them. BL keys are meh, maybe if the discount was big enough I would buy some but I still prefer to farm them.

Farm keys? I’ve only had like 1 drop in the past few months.

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

You can farm them from the personal story. Most common is the human commoner story, i believe.

Julie Yann.5379

You can farm them from the personal story. Most common is the human commoner story, i believe.

Human warrior, commoner, when lvl 8 story instance pick save the hospital, get a key at lvl 10. Once you get the hang of it you can make 2-3 keys an hour. I farm a few every now an then.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Well I am not too upset about Kiel winning. The Fall of Abaddon would/should have been an epic instance and we all know about Anet’s idea of an epic end boss fight.

However, like others have mentioned, I am perplexed as to why she won. Several reasons that I believe why people voted for Kiel:
1) They like Kiel
3) Cheaper waypoints

1) Shes attractive and a good person – Fights the good fight!
2) Hes a scum bag merchant and a Charr also runs the Trading post which is a huge Scam and most bar gold flippers hate it as there is not Alternative.
3) Cheaper waypoints help all, Cheaper Keys only help RNG and the rich.
4) The Reactor is something many wanted to see (many Asura players) as much as Abaddon, well more as it won.

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

1) They like Kiel
3) Cheaper waypoints

1) Shes attractive and a good person – Fights the good fight!
2) Hes a scum bag merchant and a Charr also runs the Trading post which is a huge Scam and most bar gold flippers hate it as there is not Alternative.
3) Cheaper waypoints help all, Cheaper Keys only help RNG and the rich.
4) The Reactor is something many wanted to see (many Asura players) as much as Abaddon, well more as it won.

look, an ignorant person who didn’t know Evon the hero charr who protected LA from his warband. and voted for the next trehaene who take all the credits from you for the fights against sky pirates. Also a person cheap enough to vote for saving a few coppers and ignore the chance to fight against gods, yet he name himself Dante.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

(edited by Lighter.5631)

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

How big is the WP discount anyway ?

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

So people choose the human because the charr was advocating RNG?

But if you look deeper, voting for Kiel is a vote for inflation and deserted zones. Cheaper waypoints and fewer people just walk and keep more coin in pocket.

Voting for Evon is relatively a no-change scenario. Keys are cheaper and…I guess rare stuff would be more common. More people might flip gold for gems to get keys but it’s uncertain.

Well, we can only wait to see if a bigger influx of “low/mid level zones are DEAD!” posts come around…

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Apart from Queensdale, aren’t every other zones nearly dead ?

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Now that Kiel won, guess what have? RNG boxes. As long as people buy them, they’ll stick around.

Also, the waypoint discount seems to be 20%

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Apart from Queensdale, aren’t every other zones nearly dead ?

They are, but they’ll be deader now if fewer people choose to walk over half a map and just port the way there.

Posted by: CharJC.8365

CharJC.8365

Ah what the heck, I’ll chime in on this. I voted for Kiel for one simple reason, not because of the wp’s, not cause of the reactor, (though I do think that will be neat). I voted for her cause I am a gw1 vet, and I dislike the charr.

Guild Leader
{League Of The Valkyries} {LOVE}

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Human warrior, commoner, when lvl 8 story instance pick save the hospital, get a key at lvl 10. Once you get the hang of it you can make 2-3 keys an hour. I farm a few every now an then.

Don’t try to be THAT guy but you are actually faster with a ranger + longbow which is stored in your bankaccount (only works if you have the deluxe edition(?) )

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

gurugeorge.9857

I dont even notice wp costs, what is the % reduction anyway?

Evon offered to cut key prices for a month, insofar as a discount was being offered by both candidates, both discounts were for a month.

Posted by: Scrambles.2604

Scrambles.2604

This made me laugh. Why? Because it’s sad, but true.

And to those who will be WPing a lot more since it’s a little cheaper, do realize that you negate the discount with overuse of the WP. <puts on straw hat> It’s like saying “Why am I gaining weight? I drank 10 of those weight loss shakes yesterday!”

haha, yes! I have had to grapple with my perception of the new WPs costs vs their actual reduced value. “Time to go to LA. I could port to mysts then port to LA, but why do that when i have reduced WP costs!!”

The reality is—maintain the same WP behaviors you had before Kiel won, then you may save some money.

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Of course it’s cheaper, it takes 10x time now to travel to the nearest WP. I’d rather have to pay and have reasonable WP travel time.

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Ah what the heck, I’ll chime in on this. I voted for Kiel for one simple reason, not because of the wp’s, not cause of the reactor, (though I do think that will be neat). I voted for her cause I am a gw1 vet, and I dislike the charr.

Clearly you haven’t play thru eotn.

Julie Yann.5379

Don’t try to be THAT guy but you are actually faster with a ranger + longbow which is stored in your bankaccount (only works if you have the deluxe edition(?) )

I’ll have to try that, I always took warrior for the war horn after lvl1 to get access to swiftness. Never played a ranger, do you have access to swiftness that early on?

back on topic, I thought it would have been awesome fighting a God but I guess I’ll have to settle for yet another Asura disaster.

Posted by: CharJC.8365

CharJC.8365

Oh Really? You mean where Doomlore shrine is and Central Transfer Gate, dwarves turning to stone to fight the destroyer. Having a half dozen hero’s tagging along threw an area and one of them being, (if you choose to bring him)… a charr. Pyre Feirceshot right? Yeah, in my world one good doesn’t re-write all the bad.

Guild Leader
{League Of The Valkyries} {LOVE}

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Hanging Chads. Its all about the hanging chads.

Attachments:

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Oh Really? You mean where Doomlore shrine is and Central Transfer Gate, dwarves turning to stone to fight the destroyer. Having a half dozen hero’s tagging along threw an area and one of them being, (if you choose to bring him)… a charr. Pyre Feirceshot right? Yeah, in my world one good doesn’t re-write all the bad.

You mean other then the rebellion he (and you) helped spark leading to a better Charr society?