Had tons of fun in the patch... anybody else?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

I’m seeing tons of angry posts, I’d love to hear from some other people, like myself, who have enjoyed the patch so far! I spent about an hour last night looking through all my skins I’d unlocked… Collecting more dyes… Coming up with strategies for more dyes and more skins.

My guild decided to turn guild bank into a take-one-leave-one location for dyes and skins. Most of the dyes are pretty cheap on the trading post, but this is a nice way to expand our collections without paying the fees.

We then got a guild group together to go unlock some traits, ran AC with new grandmasters (I took the distortion-on-kill trait with Mesmer – combined with Blurred Frenzy, I have SO MANY EVADES), and played some PvP. Most of my friends left the Arah PvP track active, but I switched over to the Balthazaar backpiece. (Not that I need anymore back pieces!)

Anyway, I’m super-pumped tonight to switch up my Necro build and try WvW with the new heal-in-death-shroud trait.

Anybody else really enjoy the patch or find something cool last night?

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Yesterday was the first time in 598 days where I experienced lag when activating skills that was not related to a denial of service attack… so that right there shows that yesterdays patch was popular

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Eh, not to sure about the patch yet. I mean, it’s nothing terrible or anything, but it just seems like ANet sunk a ton of time into a patch that’s only really worked out to be a minor quality of life change for me, for the most part.

timmyf.1490

Eh, not to sure about the patch yet. I mean, it’s nothing terrible or anything, but it just seems like ANet sunk a ton of time into a patch that’s only really worked out to be a minor quality of life change for me, for the most part.

Seeing how full Heart of the Mists was makes me VERY excited for the potential of Megaserver.

Posted by: Pawstruck.9708

Pawstruck.9708

Whiners gonna whine. I think some of the new traits are really good, and the costume system makes me actually care about getting skins (even when my main looks exactly how I want him to).

Long live GW2.

Posted by: Dark Dante.6970

Dark Dante.6970

A lot of people on the forums are all doom and gloom and cry about every little change. I like the patch …good job arena net !

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

Some of us players have real complaints with broken skills, trait system hampering alt leveling and some pvp changes. Not all of it is gloom and doom if it’s backed up by facts.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: ZBeeblebrox.4928

ZBeeblebrox.4928

Yeah, I am enjoying it. New Wardrobe system rocks – I can finally use things like my LS rewards without fear of “omg, but if I replace that skin I can never use it again!” I spent like two hours just unlocking skins – skins from my Order, skins from crafting, etc. I also like dyes being account bound – I can finally use the rare dyes that I no longer like for my necro (Glacial Teal, Deep Glacial Teal) on other characters.

Haven’t had time to try much else out yet, but it seems cool. I see the validity of some complaints (people who used town clothes really got shafted, but I never gave a kitten about them), but all-in-all this has really refreshed my interest in the game. Can’t wait to try new builds with the new traits and with updated runes!

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m really happy about how much bank space it’s freed up. I had one tab almost completely filled with Living Story skins and other freebies like the celebration hat which I’d probably never use but didn’t want to delete just in case I changed my mind.

Some I’ve actually used since it doesn’t matter now if I change my mind later on and want it on a different character. Others I’ve just added to the wardrobe and deleted the item. It means I’ll have to pay a transmutation charge if I ever do want to use them, but that’s ok I can create a new character and run them around their home city if I don’t want to pay.

But weirdly I think the thing that’s made me happiest is seeing other peoples reactions. Especially the number of people I’ve seen saying they were actually kind of tired of their ascended or T3 look but didn’t want to change it because they’d have to destroy another armor set and/or use a splitter to get it back later. Now it just costs 1 charge and you don’t lose anything.

I’m looking forward to experimenting more with traits too, and unlocking the new ones. I was kind of indifferent to the idea when it was announced, but I do actually think it will make me more inclined to experiment.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

timmyf.1490

You guys have your complaint threads. Please stay off mine.

Posted by: Zine.2136

Zine.2136

I had fun. Your milage may vary and our viewpoints likely will never be exactly the same since we are diffenent players, I’m cool with that. I don’t think fun was taken away from me. Where things changed I like what I see from my viewpoint. Even if I am in my own little fish bowl. This goldfish is happy as is adapting. Thanks for the update ANet!

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

I found something cool today- the realisation that I really can’t be bothered redoing all my traits on all my toons all over again when i can’t remember where I had my traits before (weren’t cookie cutter builds so can’t just copy from some site), and i’ll go play something else apart from popping on with my engi to complete dailies.

Oh and a 50% nerf to my condi removal skill, ty Anet.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

I am still enjoying the patch alot.

ZBeeblebrox.4928

I’m really happy about how much bank space it’s freed up. I had one tab almost completely filled with Living Story skins and other freebies like the celebration hat which I’d probably never use but didn’t want to delete just in case I changed my mind.

Some I’ve actually used since it doesn’t matter now if I change my mind later on and want it on a different character. Others I’ve just added to the wardrobe and deleted the item. It means I’ll have to pay a transmutation charge if I ever do want to use them, but that’s ok I can create a new character and run them around their home city if I don’t want to pay.

But weirdly I think the thing that’s made me happiest is seeing other peoples reactions. Especially the number of people I’ve seen saying they were actually kind of tired of their ascended or T3 look but didn’t want to change it because they’d have to destroy another armor set and/or use a splitter to get it back later. Now it just costs 1 charge and you don’t lose anything.

I’m looking forward to experimenting more with traits too, and unlocking the new ones. I was kind of indifferent to the idea when it was announced, but I do actually think it will make me more inclined to experiment.

+1 to all of this. I was sooooo tired of my Asura Savant Cultural armor, but didn’t want to delete because omg that’s like 70 gold! Now I can change at a whim. The gem cost is insignificant (and I got so many charges from those previously useless 1-79 stones). This system is way better.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

All threads are open to all registered members to post, regardless if you disagree or not.
Btw, didn’t realise it was a complaint thread.

Posted by: Hobbs.9260

Hobbs.9260

To Lockon: they didnt mess anything up with the wardrobe system, everything is still exactly the way it was. If you want extra sets of armor to change into (be it back up of main build or a defensive build) you still need to carry the sets around, its just now easier for people to custum those sets that they are making. Expecting the wardrobe system to house all custum sets to change into when ever is rediculous. Thats like asking for a car from parents for xmas and actually being surprised when all it is is a remote control car. You really ecpected a real car? its your own fault that you are dissapointed, not Anet’s

80 ele Deaths Misstress [DEAD] – Blackgate NA East Coast

(edited by Moderator)

timmyf.1490

All threads are open to all registered members to post, regardless if you disagree or not.

This isn’t a complaint thread. I’m asking about what content people found fun. I was hoping maybe the haters could stick to the dozen front page threads they already have.

ZBeeblebrox.4928

Some of us players have real complaints with broken skills, trait system hampering alt leveling and some pvp changes. Not all of it is gloom and doom if it’s backed up by facts. Some of you need to look outside your own little fish bowl world.

Acknowledging legitimate complaints doesn’t mean that you can’t be positive about the things which are positive, either.

I may never want to level an alt again with the new trait system, but that doesn’t mean I don’t love things like the Wardrobe.

Sunshine.4680

I had fun. Your milage may vary and our viewpoints likely will never be exactly the same since we are diffenent players, I’m cool with that. I don’t think fun was taken away from me. Where things changed I like what I see from my viewpoint. Even if I am in my own little fish bowl. This goldfish is happy as is adapting. Thanks for the update ANet!

I cannot adapt to broken traits or things not being fixed on the classes I play, I am happy with a lot of stuff the patch did and added but unhappy with a lot it did and didn’t do, I get annoyed at people insinuating that the complaints are nothing when that isn’t true.

timmyf.1490

I cannot adapt to broken traits or things not being fixed on the classes I play, I am happy with a lot of stuff the patch did and added but unhappy with a lot it did and didn’t do, I get annoyed at people insinuating that the complaints are nothing when that isn’t true.

I’m not denying that there are issues, I’m just asking about the fun stuff!

Hobbs.9260

Yes all threads are open to all regardless of opinion, but the OP clearly stated that this thread was made for those who like the patch.

(edited by Moderator)

Sunshine.4680

Some of us players have real complaints with broken skills, trait system hampering alt leveling and some pvp changes. Not all of it is gloom and doom if it’s backed up by facts. Some of you need to look outside your own little fish bowl world.

Acknowledging legitimate complaints doesn’t mean that you can’t be positive about the things which are positive, either.

I may never want to level an alt again with the new trait system, but that doesn’t mean I don’t love things like the Wardrobe.

The wardrobe is great but I do not like the limited dye options for town clothing etc. Didn’t like the change to transmutes etc but the wardrobe and dye system is fantastic.

timmyf.1490

The wardrobe is great but I do not like the limited dye options for town clothing etc. Didn’t like the change to transmutes etc but the wardrobe and dye system is fantastic.

I was PvPing in my Mad King outfit last night! Which I could dye for the first time! I thought it was great.

Posted by: DragoTheWise.7256

DragoTheWise.7256

I’m pretty 50/50 on the patch. I like some of the changes in regards to the wardrobe, skills, traits and balances( about time the engi turrets were fixed), and all the sigil and rune changes. The changes to all the weapon icons were needed as well.

My main concern is the megaserver. As a RPer, it really has put a toll on us. They said, even in the patch notes, that they would start in the PvP lobby and leave the cities alone, but that didn’t happen (DR was left alone I believe). That way it could have been tested better and provide proper feedback. I don’t even know if they put up a list of what maps were changed. Kinda odd…

Now, I know some of you may not respect or not care about that particular perspective, so let me give you another one. On the EU side, there are servers that have dedicated languages such as French and German. With the megaserver update, there have been multiple reports of players being merged with other languages. This is a huge issue as it seems the system doesn’t take into account the language of your server. If anything, they need to address this as this system is splitting the community further in that regard than bringing it together.

Town clothes are also a disappointment. I know they said they couldn’t put it in because of some coding issue or clipping with other armors, which I accepted at first. But now I’m wondering why the latter would even be the issue when Charr have quite a few armor pieces that clip. I hope changes to this will be reverted so that we can where our clothes again.

Posted by: Zine.2136

Zine.2136

Nod, ok. Your complaints are valid. I still like the patch. To the OP, the funnest part I like in the patch are the trait changes, respecing your traits in the field, and the crit changes.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

So far, so good .

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Hobbs.9260

I’m pretty 50/50 on the patch. I like some of the changes in regards to the wardrobe, skills, traits and balances( about time the engi turrets were fixed), and all the sigil and rune changes. The changes to all the weapon icons were needed as well.

My main concern is the megaserver. As a RPer, it really has put a toll on us. They said, even in the patch notes, that they would start in the PvP lobby and leave the cities alone, but that didn’t happen (DR was left alone believe).

Now, I know some of you may not respect or not care about that particular perspective, so let me give you another one. On the EU side, there are servers that have dedicated languages such as French and German. With the megaserver update, there have been multiple reports of players being merged with other languages. This is a huge issue as it seems the system doesn’t take into account the language of your server. If anything, they need to address this as this system is splitting the community further in that regard than bringing it together.

Town clothes are also a disappointment. I know they said they couldn’t put it in because of some coding issue or clipping with other armors, which I accepted at first. But now I’m wondering why the latter would even be the issue when Charr have quite a few armor pieces that clip. I hope changes to this will be reverted so that we can where our clothes again.

the patch notes clearly said all main cities and 1-15 zones would be implimented first. There was never anything mentioned about leaving the cities alone. Although i am not a RPer I do feel that the cities should be left alone. If not what is the point of the different worlds if not for just WvW.

Sunshine.4680

For me the dyes/wardrobe/some changes to classes are great and few of the traits look interesting.

(edited by Moderator)

DragoTheWise.7256

My main concern is the megaserver. As a RPer, it really has put a toll on us. They said, even in the patch notes, that they would start in the PvP lobby and leave the cities alone, but that didn’t happen (DR was left alone believe).

the patch notes clearly said all main cities and 1-15 zones would be implimented first. There was never anything mentioned about leaving the cities alone. Although i am not a RPer I do feel that the cities should be left alone. If not what is the point of the different worlds if not for just WvW.

No. It actually doesn’t. As far as a location is concerned this is what is says and that’s it:

“This new system will first be enabled in the Heart of the Mists and then progressively rolled out to the rest of the open world, starting with the less populated areas”

What you are pulling from is what they had originally said. In fact, they had also changed their initially roll out plan (the one that you are speaking of) after the initial announcement of their mega server.

Sunshine.4680

actually most of the complaints are unfounded, if people just calm down and take the stick out of their butts anyways.

Actually for my class and the issues I’ve had they are founded, why don’t you stop trying to goad people into giving you negative responses? There will always be overdramatic people just like there are a ton of white knights for anything that get’s put out.

For me the dyes/wardrobe/some changes to classes are great and few of the traits look interesting.

pay attention, im trying to “goad” people like you into making positive remarks not negative.

Really? By claiming that people who have real issues with the patch have sticks up their butt? I fail to see how that’s making things positive. I also gave positive feedback if you want to actually scroll up and do some reading.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Haters gonna hate. I like this patch
Sure there may be some problems, but there are always problems. Nothing is perfect.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Hobbs.9260

No. It actually doesn’t. As far as a location is concerned this is what is says and that’s it:

“This new system will first be enabled in the Heart of the Mists and then progressively rolled out to the rest of the open world, starting with the less populated areas”

What you are pulling from is what they had originally said. In fact, they had also changed their initially roll out plan (the one that you are speaking of) after the initial announcement of their mega server.

Ummmm, yes it does, right from April 2 when they first announced the megaserver right in their blog under the question how will the server be rolled out, and I qoute (and it has been like this from day 1 of announcement) “With the launch of the April 2014 Feature Pack, we’ll be activating the megaserver system on our level 1–15 maps, main cities, and the PvP lobby.” There you go, not sure where you got your quote from but I have never seen it in any of their posts. This one was right from their original blog about the server, so I would trust it over anything else, considering that is ecactly what happened like they said it would.

Here’s the link too, scroll down most of the way and you will see it, enjoy!
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-megaserver-system/

Posted by: Pipra.7580

Pipra.7580

I love the new patch. There are so many needed improvements. I do understand why some people are upset though, change is sometimes hard.

DragoTheWise.7256

Ummmm, yes it does, right from April 2 when they first announced the megaserver right in their blog under the question how will the server be rolled out, and I qoute (and it has been like this from day 1 of announcement) “With the launch of the April 2014 Feature Pack, we’ll be activating the megaserver system on our level 1–15 maps, main cities, and the PvP lobby.” There you go, not sure where you got your quote from but I have never seen it in any of their posts. This one was right from their original blog about the server, so I would trust it over anything else, considering that is ecactly what happened like they said it would.

Again, that is the first announcement. NOT the patch notes. What I quoted was from the patch notes that were released yesterday. And to further prove my point that the did change the initial roll out plan, here is the link stating that change:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Update-on-the-MegaServer-roll-out-plan/first

timmyf.1490

Hey guys. I created a separate post trying to get a list of Megaserver zones. I tested a few and got these results:

Megaserver: Black Citadel, Rata Sum, Timberline Falls, Heart of the Mists
Not Megaserver: Divinity’s Reach, Dredgehaunt Cliffs, Mount Maelstrom

Feel free to add zones on that thread. Should be on the front page.

Hobbs.9260

Again, that is the first announcement. NOT the patch notes. What I quoted was from the patch notes that were released yesterday. And to further prove my point that the did change the initial roll out plan, here is the link stating that change:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Update-on-the-MegaServer-roll-out-plan/first

Ok, you are correct about them putting out a new post, but they didnt say anything at all about the cities one way or the other. Whether that is keeping them or taking it out. With the wording they used I can see how you could interpret that meaning that the main cities wouldnt be affected. Like I said though, they didnt specifically say that cities wouldnt be included.

To be fair, thank you for the link, I had not seen that thread yet.

Hobbs.9260

Hey guys. I created a separate post trying to get a list of Megaserver zones. I tested a few and got these results:

DR is hard to determine, due that a fairly large number of people already used that city to begin with and even more since no LA.

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

This is an awesome patch, lots of work and thought has gone into and i had lots of fun discovering all the stuff (haven’t had a chance to check this megaserver stuff, but tbh, i have to agree with some posters above, that it was a bit too much in one hit.

I got 9×80′s and managed to sort out traits etc for 5 of them (I think lol) and was totally exhausted buy the end of it all. So i left the rest till tomorrow.

To add to that, I also play Lotro and they added a new patch a day b4 this one (as well as their 7th anniversary festival) and it also contained lots of changes so yea, totally spent, but in a good way.

Posted by: Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

I loved and still love the patch. I received 823 in identified dyes which I simply gave away to my guild members to help with their collections. I could have sold them and got a good amount of gold but opted to be more free flowing with my stuff. I did manage to sell some dup skins which I liked. But all in all love it! Also I earned 93 trans charges from all the trans stones and crystal sitting in my bank!

Posted by: Fiddle Irk.9710

Fiddle Irk.9710

I’ll add a vote of approval and appreciation! And I’m glad there aren’t nothing but people crying on these forums. Nothing is ever “perfect” but this patch rocks Anet! Thank you for all the hard work you did on it 8D

Posted by: Uruz Six.6594

Uruz Six.6594

The wardrobe system and the dual two-handed sigils are fantastic improvements, and I rather like the new trait layout even if I think they could have done better in how they curved trait progression.

Skoryy, sylvari thief: “Act now, figure out ‘with wisdom’ later.”
Nanuchka, norn mesmer: “BOOZEAHOL!”
Tarnished Coast – Still Here, El Guapo!

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Grove is on Megaserver as well.

I don’t understand the logic behind people not wanting the major cities to be Megaserver. I mean. They were literally ghost towns, now I can’t even see the bank guy in Grove there’s so many people! It’s awesome! And Black Citadel, that place literally never had another soul in it that wasn’t there because of Personal Story. Now there’s people roaming around all over. Server allegiances be darned, I think having people in the cities is way better than not having them.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Sorry OP, but, I have to say NOPE, still waiting for a REAL EXPANSION with totally new permanent content with new areas opened up to explore and savor.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: mjhungness.8059

mjhungness.8059

I agree, I think a lot of players are looking forward to more maps and content. But the world map practically confirms those are on the way. I’m not impatient. The patch was awesome! Yeah, the trait system, because it is different, will have to be played differently, but switching trait lines and builds on the fly is a great improvement. The wardrobe is a very good enhancement – not perfect but a really good start. Megaserver will work out, I’m thinking, once the dust settles. It’s going to be pretty cool playing in more populated maps. So, all in all, two thumbs up on the patch and great job, ANet!