Half-naked females, fully draped males.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

When will you stop this obnoxious crap. Stop making separate rules for armor. You either stick with revealing for both or covered for both.

This is getting really tiresome. I expect this out of some Korean grindfest.

Not you, a western company.

Posted by: Bronze Knight.9231

Bronze Knight.9231

Yeah, maybe some PANTS for light armor females?

Currently Sorrows Furnace dungeon armor is the only light armor worth wearing (IMO).

Just let me know when the PVE/PVP skill separation happens.

Can Engi please have more than one viable skill set in PVE? Turrets maybe?

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

I like it how it is and want more revealing female armors.

Posted by: Emiko.3217

Emiko.3217

I’ve never understood this in here and real life.

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

Likewise. I like my characters to look sexy in games. Personally I’m tired of being chastised for that preference.

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

Yeah, maybe some PANTS for light armor females?

Currently Sorrows Furnace dungeon armor is the only light armor worth wearing (IMO).

Males in light armour suffer EXACTLY the same issue. There is one, count them, one whole pair of pants for light armour wearers in game.

This isn’t sexism, it’s shamefully inadequate armour variety.

There are examples of the same armour being vastly different on the two sexes, but there are (per earlier threads) nearly identical numbers of revealing versus chaste armours for both sexes.

It’s not a matter of how much skin is shown – it’s a matter of the same armour being different on the two sexes.

IE:

Barbarian armour, which leaves your male heavy virtually nude, should be identical on the female.

Heavy Plated should have them both fully covered.

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

There should definitely be more of revealing armor for male characters, I’m a girl & I like showing some skin on my ladies because I know it’s just a game & I can just wear something that’s less revealing, there are several options. Do I think there should be more practical armor? YES.

Posted by: etc.1974

etc.1974

I’m all for more male eye candy please ;-)

Posted by: Cronos.6532

Cronos.6532

They shouldn’t change the way they’re making armour because male players prefer to make attractive female characters and cool-looking male characters. It fits both needs.

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
etherealguardians.com

Zenith.7301

They shouldn’t change the way they’re making armour because male players prefer to make attractive female characters and cool-looking male characters. It fits both needs.

Clearly you are the voice of all male players.

Nobody wants to take your revealing female away. They just want revealing male if revealing females exist for that armor. And vice versa.

It’s pretty annoying every male caster is in a godkitten burqa while the female is half naked.

Armor design went to hell after Kristen Perry left ArenaNet.

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

I’d like more skimpy medium armor. There are so few choices for skimpy medium it’s not even funny.

Vyrulisse.1246

Clearly you are the voice of all male players.

Nobody wants to take your revealing female away. They just want revealing male if revealing females exist for that armor. And vice versa.

It’s pretty annoying every male caster is in a godkitten burqa while the female is half naked.

I’m of the opinion that more options is always a good thing so I agree with this. Just keep your mitts off my pursuit of sexy and we’re good.

Also not only Male players are interested in making revealing Females by the way…

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Armor design went to hell after Kristen Perry left ArenaNet.

Armor design went to hell when they switched over to GW2.

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Armor_art

Could still work with skimpy male armor.

Conan wore a fur Speedo after all.

Attachments:

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

(edited by Substance E.4852)

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

I would prefer a more balanced approach, because we simply got enough skimpy already.

I can only look at so many full clad vs half naked counterparts.

I mean, the greatest offender is the cool looking phalanx armor.

Even full clad can be sexy. We don’t need to see everyones bellybutton all the time.
Neither do we need to see her legs, tights, arms and most of their breasts…

It’s okay for an armor now and then, but every armor so far is following that trend and it gets annoying

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Faren had a speedo but at some point it turned into a loin cloth boxers.

Vyrulisse.1246

Why does it get annoying though? Why are people so against sexualization and revealing things? I’ll never understand that.

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.

Substance E.4852

I would prefer a more balanced approach, because we simply got enough skimpy already.

Even full clad can be sexy. We don’t need to see everyones bellybutton all the time.

It’s okay for an armor now and then, but every armor so far is following that trend and it gets annoying

The vast majority of female heavy armor is fully covering their bodies with the only possible complaint being the asinine “buh da boopplate!” argument.

The same goes for Medium and Light armor.

Everyone just zooms in on Human T3 Medium and Light because they are extreme contrasts to the norm, and not at all representative of what most armor sets look like.

Posted by: Geneticide.6987

Geneticide.6987

This.

Now to move on to things that actually matter.

Posted by: STIHL.2489

STIHL.2489

Could still work with skimpy male armor.

Conan wore a fur Speedo after all.

Yah.. I’m not saying they gotta cover the females, I’m saying they should show some beefcake.

There are two kinds of gamers, salty, and extra salty

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

When will you stop this obnoxious crap. Stop making separate rules for armor. You either stick with revealing for both or covered for both.

You assume draped looks better than half-naked.

Squee.7829

Seriously? Do you know how hard it is to find a shirt for heavy armored males? Especially the norn. Those guys have like a religious aversion to shirts.

Substance E.4852

Why does it get annoying though? Why are people so against sexualization and revealing things? I’ll never understand that.

They’re ashamed of their own and, by extension, the human body in general.

Either they have personal body issues or they were taught to think that way.

Seriously? Do you know how hard it is to find a shirt for heavy armored males? Especially the norn. Those guys have like a religious aversion to shirts.

I would too if I was that ripped.

“This gun show never closes!” -Flexing Intensifies-

(edited by Substance E.4852)

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Ah, come on. Let’s be realistic. Most of the aesthetic choices reflect mainstream tastes. It’s why we’ve got a bunch of sidecuts and hipster hairdos in the gem store instead of perms and mullets, lol. Similarly, women’s clothing tends to be more revealing than men’s and this in turn influences armour and outfit designs.

Although, I can see the cause for concern. Envoy light armour isn’t even the sexy kind of revealing. It’s a tiny top and huge billowing skirt that don’t work well together at all. (I’m still low-key pleased that these sets are so lame tho)

Jaken.6801

The vast majority of female heavy armor is fully covering their bodies with the only possible complaint being the asinine “buh da boopplate!” argument.

The same goes for Medium and Light armor.

Everyone just zooms in on Human T3 Medium and Light because they are extreme contrasts to the norm, and not at all representative of what most armor sets look like.

Wait, so there aren’t several armor that are suddenly less on female vs their male counterpart?
like armor that is highly sexualized to show off breasts and the like?
Armor that is heavily emphazizing the female anatomy, even though it doesn’t have to?
Armor that looks completly different from the male counterpart?

Are you sure we are playing the same game?

I mean, just look at the simple Kasmeer armor. Male version is a boring sack, the female invokes a scantyly clad phoenix.

Here some examples for light armor:
Apprentice, Conjurer, Dry Bones, Stately, Aurora, Winged, Masquerade, Sorcerers, Whisper and Vigil, inquest, Diviner, incarnate.

I don’t mind sexy armor.
It just feels weird if there is such an imbalance.

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

I agree with the OP. It’s really stupid and tiresome how many female skins are designed to be ridiculously revealing. I mean the panty textures are bad….why would you make skins that draw attention to this?…. Right? Am I right?

I mean you don’t allow heaveyset chicks in this game. At least allow the skinny ones to run around in armour that looks the part. People should be able to make a female that looks like a guy with lvl 80 armour skins (right now u can only do it with the crap skins).

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

Jahroots.6791

I don’t mind sexy armor.

On another note, I actually like the disparity. It’s often like having two completely different sets, and allows for an even wider range of customization.

Vyrulisse.1246

I agree with the OP. It’s really stupid and tiresome how many female skins are designed to be ridiculously revealing. I mean the panty textures are bad….why would you make skins that draw attention to this?…. Right? Am I right?

I mean you don’t allow heaveyset chicks in this game. At least allow the skinny ones to run around in armour that looks the part. People should be able to make a female that looks like a guy with lvl 80 armour skins (right now u can only do it with the crap skins).

Nailed it. We need new panties in the Gem Store. It all makes sense now.

Jaken.6801

I don’t mind sexy armor.

On another note, I actually like the disparity. It’s often like having two completely different sets, and allows for an even wider range of customization.

On a one sided level, though, since you are still gender locked and your personal variability doesn’t change, till you change that character

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

And enough with the butt capes.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Leo G.4501

Shoulda rolled an Asura or Charr female.

Squee.7829

“I mean you don’t allow heaveyset chicks in this game.”
To be fair, I don’t think anyone who runs around half as much as we do in this game would be “heavyset” for very long. Murdering everything burns calories.

Substance E.4852

That’s a small amount compared to the larger total. My point still stands.

It’s not even like this doesn’t straight mirror fashion in reality anyway.

Like how it’s summer and women are going to be wearing short shorts and low cut tops but most men will be in t-shirts and jeans or cargo shorts?

Or swimwear that sees women in bikinis but men in boardshorts?

Or formal wear that shows off womens’ legs and cleavage along with fanciful, impractical footwear while men are in cookicutter suits that boil down to color choice?

I mean, hell, Kasmeer’s armor is basically fancy formal-wear that she wears in combat because it’s a fantasy game. Why would you expect the male to be cut to flatter a female body shape anymore than her fancy party gown to look like a stiff tailcoat suit?

Zenith.7301

This is not a complaint thread about revealing females, stop being stupid.

This is a thread complaining about utter imbalance. If the envoy armor has a revealing light female armor, the same should be the case for male armor. Same for the medium armor.

You know, just like how the heavy envoy armor is the same for both genders.

Leo G.4501

Shoulda rolled an Asura or Charr female.

This is actually an odd realization now that I mention it.

Why do you people roll female humans at all? Why not male? Or why even human at all? Is it because you’re female and you want to represent yourself in the game world? If so, I’m sure there are ways of doing so without slapping on the newest shiny outfit/armor skin or the next gaudiest sparkling waggling backpiece. I mean, do you wear that stuff in the real world? You don’t? Then why would you want to? To experience something more fantastical or out of the ordinary? Then again, why human at all?

I guess a simple answer to it all is that you just don’t like the look of the non-human races…but still, why not just roll a male human then? If you truly favor the look of the human male armor over the human female armor, just roll the race with the armor you want most.

Posted by: Omnia Wind.2108

Omnia Wind.2108

Armor design went to hell when they switched over to GW2.

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Armor_art

Dat monument armor ~sigh~

~Omnia
Yak’s Bend FO LYFE [AI] [AGI]
minipets will be the death of me

Substance E.4852

And enough with the butt capes.

Wait till you get a load of the Medium Envoy armor.

Buttcape for miles.

Posted by: Bandlero.6312

Bandlero.6312

Just saying, but NCSoft is the publisher.

The original [WvW] guild
Fergusons Crossing Invader
http://gw2command.com

Posted by: Blackworm.2167

Blackworm.2167

When will you stop this obnoxious crap.

This kitten again…
When will you stop with these obnoxious threads? Take your own advice.
This topic has been done to death.
The horse has been beaten to a bloody pulp. Enough already.

GW1 – Dervish / Warrior –
GW2 – Borlis Pass – Revenant & Warrior –
Steam Profile

Substance E.4852

Just saying, but NCSoft is the publisher.

Ironically enough, Terra has pretty good armor parity in it’s designs. People kitten all over the female Castanic armor despite the fact that the male versions look like A&F models.

Attachments:

Posted by: Cpt Decaf.5321

Cpt Decaf.5321

It is rather annoying how every other character is female wearing less clothing than a stripper.

Vyrulisse.1246

It is rather annoying how every other character is female wearing less clothing than a stripper.

Maybe to you. Personal taste and all that.

Jahroots.6791

This is not a complaint thread about revealing females, stop being stupid.

This is a thread complaining about utter imbalance. If the envoy armor has a revealing light female armor, the same should be the case for male armor. Same for the medium armor.

You know, just like how the heavy envoy armor is the same for both genders.

This is a fairly common line of reasoning among progressive folk these days, across various media.. but one I strongly disagree with.

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with having a distinction between genders. Things would be pretty dull if the armour were identical for each race and gender.

We already have a middle ground, with reasonably skimpy options for both male and female characters spread across different armour sets and weight classes.

Vive la Difference!

Substance E.4852

You must visit some very boring strip clubs…

Posted by: Autumnmane.3574

Autumnmane.3574

When will people who use the “but I like, it, you want to take sexy armour away!” argument realise that is NOT what people who want armor parity are asking for.

What we want is to be able to choose!

Many sexy armor choices for bother genders, many covered armour choices for both genders, instead of one gender having 90% of one, and the other gender having 90% of the other.

Human creativity has no limits, THE UNIVERSE IS BIG ENOUGH FOR BOTH.

We don’t want to take anything away, we want there to be an equal amount of different options for both.

Jahroots.6791

We don’t want to take anything away, we want there to be an equal amount of different options for both.

That’s not really practical, unfortunately. Mainstream fashion tastes don’t allow for it. Even the areas of the body that are typically revealed in men’s fashion are different.

But hell, don’t mind me. I’ve still got my fingers crossed for some proper light armour pants.

Cue: obligatory posting of GW1 armours I like and am disappointed I cannot have.

Attachments:

Vyrulisse.1246

When will people who use the “but I like, it, you want to take sexy armour away!” argument realise that is NOT what people who want armor parity are asking for.

Many sexy armor choices for bother genders, many covered armour choices for both genders, instead of one gender having 90% of one, and the other gender having 90% of the other.

You and others might not want to take things away but there are plenty that do. People like me who enjoy revealing outfits and armors are always on the defensive when this topic is even brought up because we get called all kinds of names for enjoying sexy/revealing things in our fantasy video games. I’ve been called a lonely man (?? Always gets me considering I’m not even a Male…), a loser, a sexist, a misogynist… etc… just for daring to speak up in favor of more sexy.

So please (no sarcasm here) do forgive some of us if we sound defensive even when it’s not warranted. :\

Autumnmane.3574

That’s not really practical, unfortunately. Mainstream fashion tastes don’t allow for it. Even the areas of the body that are typically revealed in men’s fashion are different.

But hell, don’t mind me. I’ve still got my fingers crossed for some proper light armour pants.

Cue: obligatory posting of GW1 armours I like and am disappointed I cannot have.

I reiterate my “human creativity has no limits” statement. We play in a world with magic eating dragons and non gender-binary plant people. But we can’t suspend our disbelief enough to have pants for women, revealing tops for men, or an alternative to buttcapes because of what mainstream media tells us looks good?

Jahroots.6791

It’s not about suspension of disbelief, but personal tastes. Most players have pretty vanilla interests, and Tyrian aesthetics generally reflect that. Even in a fantastical realm filled with magic and mystery, people (myself included) bring their real world views along with them.

I fully endorse light armour pants for all though. Actually, maybe I misinterpreted you. We seem to agree on most points. I can dig more revealing options for men as long as the majority of them are conventionally masculine. I’ve seen what passes for armour in a couple other titles… /shudders

Autumnmane.3574

You and others might not want to take things away but there are plenty that do. People like me who enjoy revealing outfits and armors are always on the defensive when this topic is even brought up because we get called all kinds of names for enjoying sexy/revealing things in our fantasy video games. I’ve been called a lonely man (?? Always gets me considering I’m not even a Male…), a loser, a sexist, a misogynist… etc… just for daring to speak up in favor of more sexy.

So please (no sarcasm here) do forgive some of us if we sound defensive even when it’s not warranted. :\

No one should be shamed for liking sexy armor.

The problem lays where there is little to no choice in the matter. When I dress my female character up in frivolous, sexy armour, I want it to be because I chose to put them in it, not because it was all I had to choose from. And ditto for the male characters regarding practical armour, I want it to be my choice.

People who attack people for their armour choices are not helping the argument for armour parity and are a separate though connected issue.

I fully understand your defensiveness, but please understand that there are people who try to justify “But I like sexy armour!” as a reason to undermine and derail any attempt to address armour inequality, and that can make us equally defensive.

I’m happy for you, that you have many armour options that you like for your female characters, all I want is the same amount of choice for mine.