Half-naked females, fully draped males.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

Why can’t we all have some sexy non-concealing armor, female AND male? We had it in gw1, why not gw2 also. Whoever made the armor in gw1 REALLY needs to come work for gw2, we have a serious lack of sexyness here. ( in the dances too, gw1 had super sexy dances as well)

Because that would require actual form-fitting clothes instead of buttcapes and trenchcoats.

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

Soo butt capes and trench coats are easier to make or something? Seems like less material would be easier to do than more, but what do I know >.<

Posted by: Autumnmane.3574

Autumnmane.3574

If people have choices in how skimpy to dress their characters, it’s stops being a problem because it’s their choice how revealing to dress, not something forced on anyone. If they want to that’s great as long as the people who want something covered have those options too. It’s the “men have to be covered, women have to be sexy” argument that’s harmful here, not the idea of skimpy armour itself.

OK… So then what is the problem? Assuming you are speaking about female armor in the game, there are choices, in fact there are less skimpy option than non skimpy options for female characters. The armor is well balanced (as far as coverage is concerned) for female characters.

That still doesn’t change the fact that there are way more sets of skimpy armour for females than there are for males and for most of those sets, when the female version is revealing, the male version is very much not. It reinforces the idea that for female armour, skimpyness is if not quite compulsory, certainly considered to be a given, and that for men it is avoided.

What the OP is getting at, and I fully agree, is to see some consistancy in each set of armour released.

If it’s sleeveless on the ladies, why not sleeveless on the guys?
Showing some female cleavage? Show some guy chest too.
If the male version is practical and covering, have the female version look just as practical and covering.
Female version is beautifully ornate and impractical? I want to see the same level of ornamentation and impracticality on the guy version. (I’m looking at you, light carapace armour)

Anet could alternate, bring out a set of ornamental, revealing armour that looks that way on both genders, then a nice set of I-go-to-battle-in-this armour that looks practical on both genders, or maybe a sleek, form fitting set where both genders get pants sans buttcapes. The possibilities are endless!

What I’m complaining about is the way many armour sets look so radically different in terms of coverage and design on each gender, that they look like they come from two totally different armour sets, and that the coverage disparity is skewed so drastically towards revealing females instead of the ratio being more balanced so that everyone can find something in the variety that they like.

Posted by: Kastiel.1947

Kastiel.1947

When will triggered reaction stop? I expect this from radicalists but not from fellow gw2 players . Difeerrent genders have different clothing – surprise suprise . Jeez , you don’t see dude rocking around in mini skirts or mini shorts in the real world either ..

Ellie.5913

When will triggered reaction stop? I expect this from radicalists but not from fellow gw2 players . Difeerrent genders have different clothing – surprise suprise . Jeez , you don’t see dude rocking around in mini skirts or mini shorts in the real world either ..

UM, I live close to the beach so I do see dudes running around in small shorts and no shirt and sometimes speedo’s , and girls running around in teeny tiny bikinis quite often. It’s a normal thing for a lot of us to not be too covered up in real life and it just seems like it shouldn’t be a big deal on a fantasy game either, why don’t we have more choices and options to dress how we want….

Posted by: Autumnmane.3574

Autumnmane.3574

But they do walk around shirtless. In fact, it’s more socially acceptable in most countries for a man to walk around with nothing on top, than a woman.

Yet I can count on one hand the number of male tops that equal the amount of skin shown on many of the female bikini tops. Despite the “real world” telling me that it should be the opposite.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I like it how it is and want more revealing female armors.

Likewise. I like my characters to look sexy in games. Personally I’m tired of being chastised for that preference.

The problem does not lie in the female armor being revealing. It lies with the different treatment of male and female versions.

It’s okay to have revealing sets alongside the normal-looking ones, as long as the revealing set is equally revealing in both versions.

And you know, exactly as some of the “male players prefer to make attractive female characters and cool-looking male characters”, there are definitely also female players that might want the exact opposite.

Though the problem with female envoy armor is a bit different. It’s not because light and medium female versions are revealing and sexy. Because, while they are revealing, they are definitely not sexy. They are just plain ugly.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Zynt.5769

Zynt.5769

I think the topic seems to be swinging away from the OP was talking about. He was saying he wants male armours to get the same treatment that the female versions get.

Posted by: James Quall.6029

James Quall.6029

It absolutely blows my mind how people are missing the point completely and are instead bursting in with their knee-jerk reactions to points the OP isn’t making.

Ellie.5913

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

Give people choices, many and more of them. Half naked females and males, fully dressed females and males. Whatever the players like.
Also, the thing we have complained about for years: More Non-coat medium armors.

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Sure, in some cases they can’t. Kasmeer’s armor would look weird on males. However, nothing in the female physique is in conflict with the male version of Phlanx. The male model could easily be applied to females after some adjustments to make it fit their slightly different shape, like a wider hip, thinner waist and maybe some boob plates if they’re really necessary. Instead, ANet made a completely separate female design for no reason at all.

And yes, it’s not the end of the world and I don’t see anyone claiming it is. However, sometimes designers and/or marketing screw up and it’s good if someone points that out to them. I thought they learned their lesson after the community backlash from Phlanx, but apparently they didn’t.

You could certainly get the male version of Phoenix a lot closer. Taken as a whole, the set could be a robe (note: most of the ‘buttcapes’ are intended to be combined with the torso piece to make a robe) with the same feathered motif. A male version probably would show less skin, but the one we have just doesn’t look like the same set.

And to be honest, this sort of thing is my main frustration. For my own disclosure, I’m male, 33, and have a mix of male and female characters… but I generally prefer to have my female characters in less skimpy outfits (I find an elegant outfit with more coverage can be just as sexy, myself). However, I’m not going to judge the people who do like skimpy outfits, and I agree that they should have options.

The problem is that it means that sometimes the look that you really want for your character is available for the other gender, but not for your character, because it happens to be one of the sets that has a dramatic difference between them.

For instance, for my female mesmer I look for a bit of a ‘mage knight’ look – one which is fundamentally a robe, but which (if dyed appropriately) has some armoured elements such as bracers, greaves, and so on, but still has a robe underneath. Want to know the best sets I’ve seen for that look on males?

Masquerade
Koda
Radiant (high AP requirement)
Glorious
Bladed
Ornate Guild (borderline)
Triumphant
Envoy

There may be some I’ve missed, but those are the ones that come to mind. Masquerade and Envoy are, well, two of the ones that have come up a lot in this thread already. Female Koda is… ehhh. It fits the specification, but I don’t really like it, and that’s my call to make. Radiant has a bare midriff. Bladed is more of a necromancer set, really (all the skulls) – plus, open-front corset. Ornate Guild would need at least a different set of boots, and you can’t give it heavier gloves because of the long sleeves on the top. Triumphant… I can probably do something with, especially if Triumphant Hero’s is something that’s actually reasonably achievable for the average player (not a fan of helmets that make your character bald, but I can work around that). Glorious is also workable, although like Koda it’s not really what I’m looking for (although I have a set of boxes waiting in case I go for it anyway).

This is just one character, and the male-to-female conversion has already turned two sets from something that would be pretty much perfect (I’ve seen male scholar characters using Masquerade for the mage-knight look, and it’s awesome) to something that isn’t even in the running. At the moment, I’m using a hodgepodge of pieces to get the look I want (acolyte torso and legs with the torso dyed so it looks like it has a light orichalcum breastplate, Koda boots, Dwayna gloves, chronomancer shoulders), but if it wasn’t for the skimpification of female Masquerade, I could have had that look in a single set from release.

And that’s the real issue in my mind. It’s not about there being “too many” skimpy options or “too few” respectable ones. It’s that there are themes that are available for one gender and not for the other because the set that has that theme is one of the ones that is completely different between genders. Obviously some variation will exist between the genders, and on average that probably will mean the female characters are wearing less (unless the male characters are going bare-chested entirely, because we know what bare-chested women do to ratings), but I think it would be better if they at least remained broadly similar rather than longsleeved shirt on one gender, bikini top on the other. So, skimpy female outfits being matched with relatively skimpy male outfits (the Winged set is a good example here), and relatively covered male sets matched with relatively covered female sets.

I guess in this case, at least it means I don’t have to feel frustrated because it’s gated behind content I don’t enjoy… so maybe two wrongs do make a right in this instance?

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

(edited by draxynnic.3719)

Posted by: anninke.7469

anninke.7469

YES THIS! Nothing makes me go “Really? Come on!” than seeing an armor that is revealing on women but covers a man completely from the neck down. Is there some cultural reason, especially for the humans, that causes the men to dress so conservatively? From what I’ve seen, most male armors even have something to hide an already well-covered rear.

Male bodies are beautiful, give them armors as revealing as the female armor counterparts, or, really, a lore reason that men are such conservative dressers. It is noticeable.

Uh no do not make them as revealing, women naturally have more to show, especially in traditional fantasy where men dont shave legs. Now if you mean men should have the option to share bare chest they already do have some of those options.

just the opposite – DO make them as revealing. no one says people HAVE TO use those on their toons. and 3/5 playable races are totally not in need to shave anything anywhere be it male or female. (not talking about how i don’t understand what’s wrong with unshaved male legs.)

Thats silly, you dont need to make them as revealing, men dont need to wear skirts or whatever to reveal muscles which lets be honest here thats all men have to really show for.

the thing is, i LIKE men wearing skirts and other skimpy outfits. it’s not always only the muscles a lady enjoys seeing. this one here at least doesn’t even care for muscles all that much. so i’d heartily welcome a chance to dress my characters to my liking.

Why? By that logic you might as well make a female, because men cannot look like a female in this game, your just trying way to hard at this point. This is a game its not meant to represent a specific community, not everyone wants to see males cross dressing like that in an mmorpg, it would likely be to immersive breaking.

i don’t want them to look like a female. i just consider skirt wearing man as manly and attractive as any other. have you ever heard of kilts? the problem here seems to be that YOU have your view on “maculine sexy” and you’re not able to understand that someone else has different tastes in that. tell me why should anyone else than you should follow your oppinion of sexy/attractive/whatever while making their toons (or in any other area, really)?

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

It is rather annoying how every other character is female wearing less clothing than a stripper.

You should have waited till the end of the show …

Posted by: Drakz.7051

Drakz.7051

You know what I want to see? Jeans xD

I would like some more variation, leave something to the imagination xD

What I want is some battlemage type armour for light, no dress and a little bit of armour on their attire.

Posted by: Riplexy.3479

Riplexy.3479

Just get a better artist to design male armour/outfits. I’d love my males to look sexy, elegant and sauve instead of a wearing blank shirts with no appeal.
I’d also love to as much open abs and chest on males like we see breasts for females.

Ellie.5913

YES THIS! Nothing makes me go “Really? Come on!” than seeing an armor that is revealing on women but covers a man completely from the neck down. Is there some cultural reason, especially for the humans, that causes the men to dress so conservatively? From what I’ve seen, most male armors even have something to hide an already well-covered rear.

Male bodies are beautiful, give them armors as revealing as the female armor counterparts, or, really, a lore reason that men are such conservative dressers. It is noticeable.

Uh no do not make them as revealing, women naturally have more to show, especially in traditional fantasy where men dont shave legs. Now if you mean men should have the option to share bare chest they already do have some of those options.

just the opposite – DO make them as revealing. no one says people HAVE TO use those on their toons. and 3/5 playable races are totally not in need to shave anything anywhere be it male or female. (not talking about how i don’t understand what’s wrong with unshaved male legs.)

Thats silly, you dont need to make them as revealing, men dont need to wear skirts or whatever to reveal muscles which lets be honest here thats all men have to really show for.

the thing is, i LIKE men wearing skirts and other skimpy outfits. it’s not always only the muscles a lady enjoys seeing. this one here at least doesn’t even care for muscles all that much. so i’d heartily welcome a chance to dress my characters to my liking.

Why? By that logic you might as well make a female, because men cannot look like a female in this game, your just trying way to hard at this point. This is a game its not meant to represent a specific community, not everyone wants to see males cross dressing like that in an mmorpg, it would likely be to immersive breaking.

In Lord of the rings online men can wear women outfits and women can wear men outfits so it does happen, just not here….

Posted by: Brahnan.1026

Brahnan.1026

Oh it’s this topic again.

Posted by: Abracadabra.3296

Abracadabra.3296

Below is a shot of my female warrior who is my main character in the game and the character I’ve spent hours working on to fit the image I want. Personally, I’m just happy that in GW2 my female plate-wearing character doesn’t wear a thong and actually looks like she can fight…

Attachments:

“I am become death, the shatter of worlds.”
Roaming Troll Warrior: Melee Conditions
GW2 Roleplayers – JOIN US! GW2 RP

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

Yes, and thank you for bumping it and keeping the conversation going. I think it’s an important topic, especially when every new outfit/armor set keeps following the same tired pattern.

All three weight classes can benefit from having armor sets that show more skin for males. As someone mentioned earlier as an example, the norn can have really intricate body tattoos, but are severely limited in armor they can choose that properly shows them off. Same goes with charr fur patterns, asura skin patterns, sylvari glow, and let’s throw humans in there because they got muscles they wanna show off too!

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

specially because male humans in medium armor have absolutely NO option to be bare chested, at most they can show their arms…

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

Throwing my support behind MORE PANTS FOR LIGHT ARMOR MALES. Ascalonian Pants are MVP but they’re getting old.

Also seconding calls for more revealing armor for males. I was super excited for Daydreamer’s but the leg section of that outfit is just so fugly, especially from behind.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

yeah, I want something sexy and form fitting, that shows some chest for an athetic thief kind of character, but there is no such thing.

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Apples and oranges, mate. There’s a very clear distinction between the reasons for making all races equal and why some people believe male and female characters should have ‘equal’ cosmetic options.

No, there is not a distinction. Both instances share the same structure. The only difference is one is already implemented, while the other is still held back due to societal stigmas.

The former is a question of simple game design – we have different races primarily for aesthetics and a bit of lore/roleplay. Giving all the races equal stats and skills allows the player to pick any one without losing out. Also makes balancing much easier. Calling for equality in skimpiness and coverage on the other hand, is largely (not entirely) a result of progressive real world attitudes and beliefs, imo. A lot of the content we’re seeing in MMOs today (androgynous and feminine outfits for male characters) wasn’t nearly as prominent in the genre a decade ago.

No, both should be questions of simple game design. Balanced aesthetics go hand-in-hand with balanced mechanics. “Calling for equality in skimpiness and coverage…is largely a result of progressive real world attitudes and beliefs” is exactly the issue I had described. I had specifically stated that the whole issue is a needless de-rail to ethics (attidudes/beliefs). Saying that it wasn’t as prominent a decade ago doesn’t mean anything. As far as MMO/RPG’s go, racial equality wasn’t as prominent then either — a detail swept away through genre advancement.

I could be wrong, of course, but I do believe that games today are intentionally more inclusive as a direct result of PC culture. It’s not dismissive to use this label where one can reasonable deem it applicable.

But using the label where one “reasonably” deems it applicable is dismissive by nature. Forgive me for my loose metaphors, but it is like saying it is not hot to use a torch where one can reasonably deem it applicable.

The real problem I see in making sexy or revealing armour for either gender is that it’s such a ‘hit or miss’ kind of deal. If they were pumping armour and outfits out as quickly as the weapons it’d be completely fine for the art team to go nuts with creativity. Unfortunately, we hardly get any sets at all, so it’s really best when they stick to safe semi-conservative options.

It truly can be hit-or-miss with skimpy armor. But sticking with semi-conservative options won’t alleviate the issue, really. All it does is move the majority of the “hurt” to female characters.

In conclusion, subsiding this issue into the category “politically correct” is just not doing it justice. All it does is attach unnecessary technicalities that come along with the term, which then adds on ideological falsehoods. Not wanting to have your visual options limited to sex-appeal or not in Fashion Wars 2 due to your sex is a perfectly viable desire. Breaking away from old sex-stereotypes can only be an improvement.

NSPride <3

(edited by Razor.9872)

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

I want a medium armor shirt with a big collar open at the top three or four buttons with chest hair and a peace sign medallion.

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

I want a medium armor shirt with a big collar open at the top three or four buttons with chest hair and a peace sign medallion.

So you want to be Fabio?

I fully support this suggestion. Every game needs a Fabio. For reasons.

Attachments:

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Posted by: Gardavil.1762

Gardavil.1762

Yes, and thank you for bumping it and keeping the conversation going. I think it’s an important topic, especially when every new outfit/armor set keeps following the same tired pattern.

All three weight classes can benefit from having armor sets that show more skin for males. As someone mentioned earlier as an example, the norn can have really intricate body tattoos, but are severely limited in armor they can choose that properly shows them off. Same goes with charr fur patterns, asura skin patterns, sylvari glow, and let’s throw humans in there because they got muscles they wanna show off too!

I agree with the OP and their point. There does need to be parity in armor design and style.

However… I don’t want to show off my male character’s bare chest… not because I’m a prude but because to me the male body skeleton is wrongly proportioned with hips that are far too wide in proportion to the chest and shoulder width for an adventuring male Human. To me there is only one body type that looks proportionally right and it’s the body builder one, even the skinny guy has hips that are too wide and his thighs are far too thick for a skinny guy as well (in my opinion).

I have a theory why there isn’t more male human bare chested or mostly bare armor models… because they wouldn’t look good with the current male human skeleton variants except the body builder, and that would be a headache for Anet and Support ticket requests for refunds because of how they would look in outfits if designed similar to female outfit variants. I wonder how many time the designers created new armors for both females and males… evaluated them… kept the female armors and re-designed the male armors so they didn’t look so … perhaps “Sedentary” is the word I’m looking for here?

Not only would I like to see parity in armors and design like the OP, I would actually like to see the Human Male skeletons reworked so designers can make new armors that actually would look good without a shirt on.

And reworking the male human skeletons NOW? … well too late for that now, should have been done in Alpha … so I will continue to create female humans for characters instead of male humans because of how proportional “incorrect” the male skeletons appear to me.

stumble stumble crawl crawl

(edited by Gardavil.1762)

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

specially because male humans in medium armor have absolutely NO option to be bare chested, at most they can show their arms…

Exactly.

I’ve posted this image a number of times, and I’ll post it again to show a great example of what could be a really awesome set of medium armor. I would absolutely love to have something like this for my daredevil, specifically the open vest (how about some necklaces to go with it?).

Attachments:

Posted by: Gilburt.9146

Gilburt.9146

I like it how it is and want more revealing female armors.

Likewise. I like my characters to look sexy in games. Personally I’m tired of being chastised for that preference.

Yeah, well there are plenty of options for you and very little for players who don’t want their female characters to have revealing armor…

Brother Gilburt – Guard / Agent Gilburt – Thief

Posted by: Fornax.7928

Fornax.7928

I would like the choice, just because I play female characters does not mean I want to wear a bikini always. You have both models, just players the option to pick the one they want. So guys can have man-kinis if they like too.

“So what if the universe is a pointless mass of hydrogen refuse powered by
entropy. I’m spreading ketchup on a rubber duck, and after that I’m going
to brush its teeth. So there.”-

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

I just want to point out that if doesn’t make much sense to show much for medium armors in rpgs, I don’t think I’ve seen much of that for medium armors in any western fantasy game. The style of medium armor is very fitting, same goes for females I’ve seen some revealing but usually they just wear really tight rogue like gear.

Posted by: Urdfexe.9147

Urdfexe.9147

Yeah, well there are plenty of options for you and very little for players who don’t want their female characters to have revealing armor…

That is simply not true. There are several female armors that show no skin at all, not even the face, and more that show only the face.

Posted by: Abracadabra.3296

Abracadabra.3296

That is simply not true. There are several female armors that show no skin at all, not even the face, and more that show only the face.

This is the case for my female warrior – her armor is very modest. Of course, I think that’s pretty easy with heavy and medium armors. Probably not so much for light.

“I am become death, the shatter of worlds.”
Roaming Troll Warrior: Melee Conditions
GW2 Roleplayers – JOIN US! GW2 RP

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

I just want to point out that if doesn’t make much sense to show much for medium armors in rpgs, I don’t think I’ve seen much of that for medium armors in any western fantasy game. The style of medium armor is very fitting, same goes for females I’ve seen some revealing but usually they just wear really tight rogue like gear.

Not sure I follow you. You’re saying there are no tropes that would apply for a revealing male medium armour skin?
I’d see the stereotypical native american look as counting as a medium armour, for rangers etc. Can’t get more western fantasy than Deadlands =)

Posted by: Silberfederling.9302

Silberfederling.9302

Lets make a matter of taste political, shall we?
Again…
And you are welcome for the gratis bump, while i am at it: do you need a new stick? Maybe the next one resurrects the horse.

Posted by: Cobrakon.3108

Cobrakon.3108

Id definitely like some more fully clothed options for the female toons.

Posted by: prominence.6251

prominence.6251

I’d like more skimpy medium armor. There are so few choices for skimpy medium it’s not even funny.

I completely and utterly agree with you. It’s just a massive pile of triangular trenchcoats. I’d like something less conservative for my male thief.

Ganathar.4956

This is the case for my female warrior – her armor is very modest. Of course, I think that’s pretty easy with heavy and medium armors. Probably not so much for light.

Light armor is about 50/50. About half of them are conservative and the other half are revealing.

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

I just did a look-over, and there are only about a dozen female light armours that I would consider ‘skimpy’ (although there are others that are a bit risque without going there – Inquest comes to mind).

Only four of those, however, are similarly revealing for male characters: Zodiac (which I’m not sure really counts, since it’s not really skin you’re showing but blue whatever-it-is), Feathered, Flamekissed (Feathered reskin) and Primitive.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Ganathar.4956

I just did a look-over, and there are only about a dozen female light armours that I would consider ‘skimpy’ (although there are others that are a bit risque without going there – Inquest comes to mind).

Only four of those, however, are similarly revealing for male characters: Zodiac (which I’m not sure really counts, since it’s not really skin you’re showing but blue whatever-it-is), Feathered, Flamekissed (Feathered reskin) and Primitive.

Primitive is not revealing on males, you might mean tribal. Sadly, Anet keeps forgetting to reintroduce that set, along with other unavailable ones. I can understand that making armor sets requires work, but having armor sets ready and not using them boggles my mind.

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

I’m still waiting for a bikini skin for females to drop. I want yellow with two black dots on where the nipples should be. Or two red flowers for sylvari. I’m forced to wear clothes in real life and now being forced in game as well? kitten!

gaem not made for mi
===========

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I’m all for equality but if they let male armors be as skimpy as some of the female ones, I’d be a little fearful of all the max-size max-hair male norn trolls running around in less than tighty-whities and boots.

The expression “Put a shirt on!” exists for a reason :P

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

I will happily shell out cash for a Speedo a la Faren.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

Ganathar.4956

I’m all for equality but if they let male armors be as skimpy as some of the female ones, I’d be a little fearful of all the max-size max-hair male norn trolls running around in less than tighty-whities and boots.

The expression “Put a shirt on!” exists for a reason :P

What is wrong with a male norn fashion meta? It even fits their society.

Posted by: Xarastier.6250

Xarastier.6250

“IT’S A MAN’S WORLD!” James brown.

Everything is One…You. You are so much greater than the outline of Your body.

Ellie.5913

I’m still waiting for a bikini skin for females to drop. I want yellow with two black dots on where the nipples should be. Or two red flowers for sylvari. I’m forced to wear clothes in real life and now being forced in game as well? kitten!

Tbh I can wear less cloths in real life than I can in this particular game, there just isn’t any revealing armor in this game, and what little bit people do come up with to try to simulate sexy EVERYONE is wearing it so there’s not any diversity whatsoever, not to mention all the body types pretty much look exactly the same.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

There need to be more light armor female miniskirts. So far the only option in the starter one, and that’s a bit too short really. Everything else is knee-length or longer, which doesn’t show off my boots. There are a ton of light armor skirts that are open in the front, but they usually have massive trains to them. So more short skirts needed.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

Tbh I can wear less cloths in real life than I can in this particular game, there just isn’t any revealing armor in this game, and what little bit people do come up with to try to simulate sexy EVERYONE is wearing it so there’s not any diversity whatsoever, not to mention all the body types pretty much look exactly the same.

Yea ikr. I mean when do u think they will ever let us walk around in oil and body jewellery

gaem not made for mi
===========

Ellie.5913

Yea ikr. I mean when do u think they will ever let us walk around in oil and body jewellery

Erm well, I was thinking more of something like tribal armor, maybe like an amazon warrior would wear. If they ever made a bunch of tribal armor I’d buy every set as long as it wasn’t too concealing. Gotta have freedom to move around and do acrobatics and climb trees and stuff. And in the mans version there won’t be a shirt ofc.

Attachments:

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

Personally, I’m just happy that in GW2 my female plate-wearing character doesn’t wear a thong and actually looks like she can fight…

I’m sorry to pick this is out but these are exactly the kinds of comments that make people defensive right off the bat. “doesn’t wear a thong and actually looks like she can fight…”

It’s a little insulting to those who spend just as much time as you crafting their character’s looks but just happen to go to the skimpy side of things.