Hall of Monuments

Hall of Monuments

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Nope. Those should remain a GW1 heritage reward permanently, in my opinion.

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’m with Rose on this one…

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I’m against it as well as many others are too. Those rewards are for those who dedicated their time in GW1.

I think the sword only required you to have 10 points. This is fairly easy to obtain even with a brand new account.

Hall of Monuments

RoseofGilead.8907

What Ayrilana said is true. Getting 10 points is really easy, even if you had to start from scratch. Have you tried contacting support here about resetting your password?

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Dravyn.4671

Dravyn.4671

I don’t really understand how that works…I played GW 1 for years, owned all expansions, and probably played through about 90% of the game on multiple classes, including Paragon and Dervish, but the only thing I have in GW 2 at the Hall of Monuments vendor is Heritage Armor.

(edited by Dravyn.4671)

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

As someone that’s never played GW1 and wants some of those rewards… Don’t sell them.

Yet.

If GW1 ever gets shut down, then I’d consider it fair to sell them, as “buy GW1 and earn them” will no longer be an option. I wouldn’t make them cheap, though.

As GW1 IS still an option though, how would someone that’s never played it and has no friends that play it go about getting some points from that game? Where would you suggest they start, and how?

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Hall of Monuments

RoseofGilead.8907

I don’t really understand how that works…I played GW 1 for years, owned all expansions, and probably played through about 90% of the game on multiple classes, including Paragon and Dervish, but the only thing I have in GW 2 at the Hall of Monuments vendor is Heritage Armor.

You have to earn certain titles/do certain things to get points. You also have to own Eye of the North and have at least one tapestry up in your GW1 Hall of Monuments to turn in items to get points.

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I would not want to see the reaction from players if this ever happened.

I don’t think it would bother me that much, although it’d be a shame because it’s nice to see people using those items in game and know they’ve played GW1, even if it was only grinding points for the items.

But I really, genuinely would not be surprised at all if some people quit completely over it and I don’t think people would ever stop complaining. Especially those who bought all the GW1 campaigns and put dozens of hours into earning points just to unlock those skins.

Only certain things count towards it. You need to play the Eye of the North storyline to get tapestries to unlock the monuments, then each one (or the Calculator on the GW2 website) will tell you what you can put into it.

You also need to have linked your GW1 account to your GW2 account.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Dravyn.4671

Dravyn.4671

I clicked that link and put in a character name, and it says I haven’t unlocked any armor, even though I have complete sets of most of the armor on that list. I dunno…I’d like the flaming dragon sword but I haven’t played GW 1 in so long I wouldn’t have any idea where to start. It says I’m two points short.

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I clicked that link and put in a character name, and it says I haven’t unlocked any armor, even though I have complete sets of most of the armor on that list. I dunno…I’d like the flaming dragon sword but I haven’t played GW 1 in so long I wouldn’t have any idea where to start. It says I’m two points short.

You would have had to unlocked the monument and submit the armor to it while wearing it.

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Getting the armor is just one step. You also need to unlock the monument on the character that has it, then go to the hall wearing it and click on the monument to add it to the hall. It’s the same for the other monuments.

(The only exception is the Legendary Defender of Ascalon title, which can be added by speaking to an NPC in pre-searing so you don’t have to leave to add it.)

You also have to log out of GW1 for the calculator and GW2 to update, which is the step I usually forget.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Hey guys i’ve been thinking if by any chance u could put on sale the skins that only the players that played the original gw can get like in gem shop or anything because I was never able to remember my original gw account and i rly wanted the Fiery Dragon Sword skin badly. What does everyone think ?

They do sell them. You get them for a price of a game, and you can have fun while you get them.

If you can’t remember you GW1 info, if you have linked you accounts then the password is the same as your GW2 one. You can always give support a go. They should be able to help you, as long as you know/still have the email address for your guild wars account, and they CD key for the game.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: RoninM.7829

RoninM.7829

What Ayrilana said is true. Getting 10 points is really easy, even if you had to start from scratch. Have you tried contacting support here about resetting your password?

The thing is i played like 8 years ago when i was a kid and i never played since then so my account was probably deleted

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Kreejaffa.3682

Kreejaffa.3682

The thing is i played like 8 years ago when i was a kid and i never played since then so my account was probably deleted

They don’t delete accounts. Contact support and get your account recovered.

Kreejaffa [Ferguson’s Crossing]
Leader of Looking For Gandalf [LFG]
Worst Commander of Ferguson’s Crossing (Self Proclaimed)

Hall of Monuments

RoseofGilead.8907

What Kree said. They don’t delete accounts. If you want the points and skins, you’ll need to actually try to log in and/or contact support. :p