Halloween 2016

Halloween 2016

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: spawnofdivinedestruction.6230

spawnofdivinedestruction.6230

Hey I was wondering whether or not there will be a 2016 Halloween event this year. I don’t keep up with people who datamine for this kind of stuff. I need to know so I can start buying bags ahead of time before the price skyrockets even more. Thanks in advance!

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

We’ll likely get a preview tomorrow and it’ll be available next week. This is one of those well established holidays so I doubt they’d skip it this year.

Halloween 2016

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

There is always a Halloween event. Most likely, it’ll start on the 18th (if not then, then the 25th).

Halloween 2016

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

ANet is big on holiday’s and festivals. Halloween and Wintersday (Christmas) are their 2 biggest and better loved holiday’s.

Halloween 2016

I was just worried because last year they gave us a little preview or something similar a month before IIRC. Halloween has been my favorite event for the past couple years and would hate to see it return again this year.

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

They’ve changed how they build hype since HoT. It’s very much more low key nowadays. Since Halloween is a guarantee and usually established year on year in terms of content, they prob feel no need to hype something that essentially sells itself.

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

In 2015 Halloween event started on October 23 and it was held for 2 weeks.

In 2014 Halloween event started on October 21 and it was held for 2 weeks.

In 2013 Halloween event started on October 15 and it was held for 4 weeks.

In 2012 Halloween event started on October 22 and it was held for 1 week.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The announcement for Halloween 2015 was released on October 13th, 10 days before the patch hit. Do remember, last year’s Halloween was a special case, as it was released with the expansion, Heart of Thorns.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/halloween-is-coming/

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Freygea.3620

Freygea.3620

Would love to see some Haloween goodies today!

Halloween 2016

Ayrilana.1396

My guess is that it will be the following once they make the page active assuming that I guessed the date correctly.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/october-18-2016/

EDIT: It’s the 18th.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/halloween-is-coming-2/

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

There’s already been Halloween themed stuff in the gem store and there’s a new batch up today. (Including cat ears which are brand new!)

The festival hasn’t been announced yet, but it’s almost certainly coming and will probably be the same as last year.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Halloween 2016

Ayrilana.1396

There’s already been Halloween themed stuff in the gem store and there’s a new batch up today. (Including cat ears which are brand new!)

The festival hasn’t been announced yet, but it’s almost certainly coming and will probably be the same as last year.

It’s been announced.

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

But its a sad announcement. Looks unlikely we’ll see new content this year. Maybe some new items to gring for

Halloween 2016

Ayrilana.1396

But its a sad announcement. Looks unlikely we’ll see new content this year. Maybe some new items to gring for

We haven’t seen new Halloween content since like 2013. It’s to be expected.

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Skullmarked.8705

Skullmarked.8705

Well, gw2 finally got the cat ears (gw1throwback). Time to see if this year’s costume (outfit) is also throwback ( hopes for Vale Wraith). At least people can try to make the bat wing shoulder peice again if they haven’t fished it. I just want to buy the Mad Memoir’s (green one) for candy corn cobs

Dwayna gave you life, and Grenth can take it from you.

Halloween 2016

Posted by: TheFantasticGuy.7206

TheFantasticGuy.7206

Yup, and I’ll miss out… I’ll be unable to log on from Oct 17 to Oct 29 due to work obligations. Sucks, but gotta keep the bills paid to be able to log on at all.

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Millenium.2034

Millenium.2034

How long do you think this event will last? I’ll be away from home for a week and wouldn’t wan’t to miss all of this

Halloween 2016

Posted by: SRoode.7318

SRoode.7318

Since it’s starting on the 18th, it should last at least 2 weeks.

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Shayne Hawke.9160

Shayne Hawke.9160

Collect candy corn, play all of your favorite Halloween activities, and earn sweet new rewards.

There won’t be any of my favorite activities, since Reaper’s Rumble was canned and Lunatic Inquisition is buggered as hell.

YT channel - GW2 Activity vids and more
Activities are dead.
Sanctum Sprint record times: any checkpoints – 39.333, all checkpoints – 1:55.633

Halloween 2016

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Hopefully, it got updated a little bit since last year.

Last year prices for everything were so high — designed to suck all of the maize balm trick or treat bags out of the market. Trick or treat bags sit at almost 20s today.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

So excited for Halloween! Read all about it here!

I am determined to conquer the Clocktower. I will be spending far, far too many hours in Labyrinth. And I can’t wait to get the new rewards.

We’re having a little dev meet-up on October 18th from 2:00 to 3:00 PM Pacific Time. Hope to see you there if you can make it, but anywhere and everywhere during the festival!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Halloween 2016

Posted by: fivebrights.7359

fivebrights.7359

For those of us who have waited for even a modest addition to the Halloween lore/story, only to be passed over again for the 3rd year in a row, it’s hard to feel enthusiastic anymore.

Halloween 2016

Randulf.7614

The labyrinth is always my fav and since Halloween itself falls on a Monday, that means we get at least 3 weeks this year \o/

Not sure I will pluck up the courage to do clocktower though………..

Halloween 2016

Ayrilana.1396

I am determined to conquer the Clocktower. I will be spending far, far too many hours in Labyrinth. And I can’t wait to get the new rewards.

We’re having a little dev meet-up on October 18th from 2:00 to 3:00 PM Pacific Time. Hope to see you there if you can make it, but anywhere and everywhere during the festival!

Will there be a release page so that we know what will and will not be included in this year’s version?

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

“read all about it here”
proceeds to link to a post that tells us nothing but a date. What I wanna know is
will the bloody princess finally make a move after 3 years or she just gonna stand there whining again like the last few years.

Halloween 2016

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Will there be a release page so that we know what will and will not be included in this year’s version?

Release pages usually come out with release. I anticipate that yes, there will be such a page.

The labyrinth is always my fav and since Halloween itself falls on a Monday, that means we get at least 3 weeks this year \o/

Not sure I will pluck up the courage to do clocktower though………..

I’ve usually bailed after a few tries, but I’m told once you get to a certain point, you can progress, with trials, to the end. I’m definitely going to give it a go!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Halloween 2016

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

I’ve missed this every year, so I’m excited to finally be able to give it a go.

~EW

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

As someone who’s only been playing this particular game for 1.5 years, and didn’t really have much of a chance to get involved last year, I’m really looking forward to this.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

so ?? mastery XP is going to count yes or no ???

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Halloween-Remember-what-you-told-us-last-year/first#post6342970

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

had to miss it last year (midterms ftw), it’s one of the most entertaining gold farms ever.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m hoping I don’t need to spend too much time farming. The last 2 years have been devoted to trying to get a mini Gwynefyrdd, as a drop in 2015 and then farming candy corn to buy it in 2016.

It would be nice to just play and not feel like I need to spend every spare moment in the labyrinth. (And yes I know I don’t need to, but I collect mini pets so I feel like I need to or I’ll miss out.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Tasida.4085

Tasida.4085

As always the Mad King is a welcomed sight in either game but nothing can top the first year Halloween Though each year is fun as well GAME ON

Noble Dragons (NOBL) rocking GW’s since 2005 now rocking the Sorrow’s Furnace Server!

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Gryphon.2875

Gryphon.2875

Your Mad King says….Farm the Labyrinth! :P

Halloween 2016

Posted by: DaleDevil.1706

DaleDevil.1706

hoping for the Lunatic Guard outfit to come out again this year

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

Bring back Lunatic Inquisition.

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I came here to see if anything would be new this Halloween to see if I might return to GW2, not looking too good thus far…

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Halloween 2016

Posted by: King Vinas Solamnus.4852

King Vinas Solamnus.4852

I Love the Guildwars Mad King storyline and I’m deeply saddened that once again this year it looks like we wont get an update on the story beyond the Blood Prince storyline. In Guildwars 1 the story updated each year. I’m hoping that they’ll continue it someday. I’d like it if an Arenanet Dev would comment on whether they’re going to continue the story or not sometime.

Halloween 2016

Posted by: PWalstad.4530

PWalstad.4530

Yes, please bring back the Lunatic inquisition

Halloween 2016

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

And I can’t wait to get the new rewards.

OMG WHAT NEW REWARDS!?!!?

Halloween 2016

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Halloween-Remember-what-you-told-us-last-year/first#post6342970

It is my understanding that the Labyrinth will give Core Tyria XP this year. None of the other activities will do so, but they were never intended to do so. So if the question is about Labyrinth, then yes, I believe that’s on the docket.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

I’ve usually bailed after a few tries, but I’m told once you get to a certain point, you can progress, with trials, to the end. I’m definitely going to give it a go!

I know we don’t agree on everything, but seriously, if you have an extra character slot and the experience scrolls, make a mesmer, boost him/her to 80, and then use the mesmer to do the Jumping Puzzle. If you drop in Mimic and Portal Entre/exuant what it does is gives you a “whoops” button.
Obviously if you fall to your death it isn’t going to work, but for those tricky jumps where you have a bit of a safety net, a portal is a wonderful thing, and you still have the opportunity to know that you accomplished it yourself.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Kinyoku.2350

Kinyoku.2350

I really hope they bring back Lunatic inquisition, I miss it dearly. It was my favorite game during the event.

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Sparrow.8423

Sparrow.8423

As a returning player who never progressed past newbie status and likewise never participated in the Halloween event, what would you recommend I look out for to make the most of it and/or not miss out on the best parts?

I love when games have special events, holidays and festivities so I’m determined not let this one pass me by!

Halloween 2016

Thanks for all the helpful feedback! I posted this a day before they announced it. Now…does anyone know if there is a PvP/WvW reward track for halloween this year? I’m saving up all my track reward potions for it!

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

As a returning player who never progressed past newbie status and likewise never participated in the Halloween event, what would you recommend I look out for to make the most of it and/or not miss out on the best parts?

I love when games have special events, holidays and festivities so I’m determined not let this one pass me by!

Most of it is likely to be in LA. Certainly you can access all the activities from there. As we’ll have two weeks, you should be able to try out everything in the first day or two and then decide what you want to focus on.

In the past the activities have included the Labyrinth (a semi-maze with the Mad King and his son snarking at each other while halloween monsters attack players who are closing doors that spill out more monsters, fighting big bosses, and mining all the candy corn in sight — you are scaled to 80 so you can fast-track level alts in there), the Mad King’s mini-dungeon (fighting him and his minions on a series of platforms over an abyss under a grinning moon), the hardest JP there is (constant jumps up to the right having to go faster than a rising poison mist), and a PvP activity where you start as a villager and if you die you turn into a persecuting ghost heading to kill off the remaining villagers.

Also there is the Mad King’s son’s storyline, so far as we know stalled on the same step in western Black Citadel as the last two years.

There will be Festival achieves and dailies to work on, candy corn to mine around the world (you’ll need enormous amounts of it to buy the specialty items), probably more chances to get mats for Nightfury (the cloud of bats shoulder effect), and maybe a new expensive grind item.

As long as you log in and go to LA, though, you’re not likely to miss out on anything. These forums will probably be full of comments on stuff and no doubt Dulfy will have a guide to achieves and activities.

Halloween 2016

Previous

Gaile Gray

My goal for this year, besides conquering the Clocktower and doing ridiculous numbers of Labyrinth runs, is acquiring that darling kitty, Mini Zuzu, Cat of Darkness. I love that little critter!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Luna.9640

Luna.9640

My goal for this year, besides conquering the Clocktower and doing ridiculous numbers of Labyrinth runs, is acquiring that darling kitty, Mini Zuzu, Cat of Darkness. I love that little critter!

Well I have a bad news for you:

It can’t swim

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

They’re only like 10g on the TP. Or I can mail you one if you want, I have a few in my private guild bank.

Halloween 2016

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

It is my understanding that the Labyrinth will give Core Tyria XP this year. None of the other activities will do so, but they were never intended to do so. So if the question is about Labyrinth, then yes, I believe that’s on the docket.

Great for the people who can actually use it. For the people who are currently blocked from finishing off their masteries due to mastery points and already have their tracks maxed out, though… not so good, although being able to use on-kill traits and sigils will be a plus.

Can we please get something so that you don’t need to have finished every single mastery to be able to switch to spirit shards?

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Halloween 2016

Randulf.7614

The Raven looks like my goal this year. 120 candy cobs seems a tad extreme…but something to aim for!