in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Mad King says…fix forum bug

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Uh, ANet devs? Still no story continuation for Halloween?

Reaaaaaaally? :<

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Dirdyy.1648

Dirdyy.1648

120.000 Candy Corn / 120 candy cobs for this cute black raven that will fit perfect my little asura necro?

You got me, take my money…

Halloween 2016

Randulf.7614

120.000 Candy Corn / 120 candy cobs for this cute black raven that will fit perfect my little asura necro?

You got me, take my money…

Haha yeah cost aside, it’s very cool

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Dirdyy.1648

Dirdyy.1648

cool effects when he fly – perhaps best mini so far

Attachments:

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Bring back Reaper’s Rumble!

NSPride <3

Halloween 2016

Posted by: orenwolf.1953

orenwolf.1953

sigh Again no Lunatic Inquisition, despite the fact that the boatmaster references it.

Halloween 2016

Posted by: mAttack.1674

mAttack.1674

is there any way you guys can bring back lunatics inquisition? or has it been decided that there will be no new content?

Halloween 2016

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

The teal poly refractor has me drooling soooooo much.

~EW

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Meridian.4983

Meridian.4983

I think the raven will be my goal too, since this is basically a re-release of the past few years. I was hoping, as I did last year, that the Emissary of the Mad King title would be attainable. I played the kitten outta that first Halloween, despite disconnects and the bug that kept resetting my progress.
So since this is all the same content, what can’t the title be available also? I’d rather chase that goal with my time :/

[NA] | BP
Zombie | God | For the Pass!

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

Gaile, what will be the end date for this festival?

Halloween 2016

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

DROOBURT is nowhere to be found, been waiting hours…

edit: he finally showed up…

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes

(edited by J envy.5270)

Halloween 2016

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

Are we able to he Halloween Scythe (staff) this year?

Halloween 2016

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

My goal for this year, besides conquering the Clocktower and doing ridiculous numbers of Labyrinth runs, is acquiring that darling kitty, Mini Zuzu, Cat of Darkness. I love that little critter!

They’re only like 10g on the TP. Or I can mail you one if you want, I have a few in my private guild bank.

Well if you are handing out free minis sign me up

Just kidding. This is the first year I’ll be able to participate in Halloween though, and so far it looks super fun. I’m a bit bummed out that I am missing some of the events that have happened in the past, but it should still be a blast. Love the Mad King fight in ascent to madness. Really fun, even though it did take a while to kill him on a mesmer

Halloween 2016

Posted by: NeoVid.4817

NeoVid.4817

When the announcement said that all of our favorite activities would return, I thought that meant we’d be able to play Reaper’s Rumble and Lunatic Inquisition again. I miss being able to do things that the game already has…

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Shaaba.5672

Shaaba.5672

I love Halloween, don’t get me wrong, but it’s lost some of it’s heart. While there are more rewards, there is less to actually do. And the decorations in LA don’t fit. More spooky, please, less childrens’ party with the candy corn everywhere. Old LA was perfect at Halloween, but I know that ship has sailed. It still upsets me though.

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Zoda Slayer.4176

Zoda Slayer.4176

Each year of Halloween loses more and more content from the original bring back the Halloween of 2012 pls

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

Just adding my voice to those missing Lunatic Inquisition, and also bit miffed at no Halloween story progression. I don’t even remember Reaper’s Rumble from 2012, when I was a poor and ineffectual engi who didn’t get out much, but would love to try it out all the same. Shame I can’t.

I love the Lab, but not sure about the nerfs to the beasties - it did give me my first precursor ever last night, though, so don’t want to grumble too much. DR within an hour, however, just feels a bit much.

Still intend to enjoy the sillier side of things with my kid later today, though. She’s very excited!

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Sheridan.4890

Sheridan.4890

My goal for this year, besides conquering the Clocktower and doing ridiculous numbers of Labyrinth runs, is acquiring that darling kitty, Mini Zuzu, Cat of Darkness. I love that little critter!

How would you justify doing a “ridiculous numbers of Labyrinth runs” without proper rewards due to diminishing returns?

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Is it just me or did everything become easy this year? All bosses dead without trouble on the first run, and I completed what feels like 80-85% of all the achievement tracks

Halloween 2016

Shaaba.5672

Yeah. The bosses in the lab are nerfed to the ground. 10 people took out the Lich without issue or talking about it beforehand. It could be that we’re awesome … but nah, it’s just easy now. Took on the Viscount and the Horror at the same time and didn’t even realize it til the Horror died. Half the fun was swearing at the people who dragged Steve to one of the boss fights and trying to do damage control.

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I think the Labyrinth bosses are definitely easier this year. At first I thought it was just that everyone knew what to do, but the 2nd time I fought the Lich people didn’t even try any of the usual tactics, just stood in a loose group where he spawned and attacked normally. 2 or 3 people went down when he did his big attack, but that was all and he went down as quickly as the first time – where we were stacked in a corner using reflects.

The Viscount seems to be the hardest one now, and only because if you get hit with his ranged attack you’ll keep getting hit before you can stand up.

How would you justify doing a “ridiculous numbers of Labyrinth runs” without proper rewards due to diminishing returns?

The Labyrinth is the only place I’ve ever been hit with DR (I normally don’t do farming) but I don’t find it hard to avoid. If you stop farming when it hits (which you can tell because you’ll start getting all Porous Bones and Spider Legs instead of normal loot) all you need to do is go and play in a different area for a bit.

My system is to farm the Labyrinth until I get 250 bags or DR, whichever comes first (it’s almost always 250 bags, unless I start opening them as I go along). Then I’ll go to LA to sort out my inventory. Maybe do a round of Mad King Says if it’s up.

Between that and real life interruptions like needing to make and eat dinner it’s usually enough to reset the DR but if not I’ll go and do Ascent to Madness or the Clocktower for a bit, then return to the Labyrinth.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

(edited by Danikat.8537)

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

The prices are extremely weird. At first, things cost a few cobs. Then around 10 cobs. This year? 100+ cobs. That’s pretty significant.

Honestly, not everyone has a spare two hours to wait for diminishing returns to kick in for another hour of running the lab. Some people put kids to bed and have two hours to do event stuff. I guess we should quit expecting festivals to be for fun.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Halloween 2016

OriOri.8724

The prices are extremely weird. At first, things cost a few cobs. Then around 10 cobs. This year? 100+ cobs. That’s pretty significant.

Honestly, not everyone has a spare two hours to wait for diminishing returns to kick in for another hour of running the lab. Some people put kids to bed and have two hours to do event stuff. I guess we should quit expecting festivals to be for fun.

This is a direct result of people who hoard candy corn all year and can afford to have dozens of cobs worth of candy corn before the halloween event even starts. They complain about nothing to work towards and ANet listens to them by increasnig the price of everything. Its not the best strategy, but at least there is a decent-ish amount of variety in the prices this year.

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

This is a direct result of people who hoard candy corn all year and can afford to have dozens of cobs worth of candy corn before the halloween event even starts. They complain about nothing to work towards and ANet listens to them by increasnig the price of everything. Its not the best strategy, but at least there is a decent-ish amount of variety in the prices this year.

So, since a minority hoard candy corn for the entire year, Anet correspondingly increased the candy corn requirement for the majority? Sounds like the worst move I’ve ever seen.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Halloween 2016

OriOri.8724

So, since a minority hoard candy corn for the entire year, Anet correspondingly increased the candy corn requirement for the majority? Sounds like the worst move I’ve ever seen.

Pretty much yes. Personally I would rather have events like Halloween hand out account bound currency so that you have to farm for every reward you want (as opposed to just buying thousands of candy corn off the TP), which would allow ANet to drastically lower the prices. But I also don’t let this bother me too much. I figure if I really want these rewards I can shell out the money for the candy corn. But I would like to see the prices be lowered for next year

Halloween 2016

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Last night was my first time ever doing Lab…

…I have never seen so many guards running around with loot sticks.

~EW

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

~EW

Yeah. I think the last time that it was a thing was when Orr was a thing.

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Yeah. The bosses in the lab are nerfed to the ground

Or HoT builds is super OP depending on how you look at it, lol.

But yes. Labyrinth is mindnumbingly boring this year, it’s stupid easy. Main bosses offer zero challenge (I remember when they could wipe a 50 man) and half the doors is just one lousy veteran “boss” that drops like a rock. I fail to see the point in even having those doors but I suppose when you sometimes go like 10 minutes without a door popping anything is good…

Halloween 2016

OriOri.8724

~EW

Sums up my first experience in the labyrinth earlier today

It was kinda annoying to run with them, reminded me of those brainless WvW zergs, but the labyrinth itself was a lot of fun. Loved the 3 bosses in there!

Halloween 2016

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

Horrible prices on the few new things or impossible drop rates, increased DR, nerfed bosses and door spawns in labyrinth. It’s a gutted husk of the greatness the first Halloween was.

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Kythan Myr.4719

Kythan Myr.4719

Just to add my voice. I was excited, but then, like most of you disappointed. No story, no mad memoirs, no lunatic inquisition, no rumble, fewer nodes/doors, greater diminishing returns, new rewards but with higher grind…. They just took 90% of the fun out of the event. Honestly, it was the holiday festivals that got me hooked all the way back to gw1. It’s one of those temporary things that leave lasting memories and generates excitement (aka returning players) and boosts morale. It’s too bad they can’t/won’t devote the resources to continuing that tradition. It gets worse every year, so next year’s will be even worse with this trend.

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

To be fair, you needed to spend 100 Cobs last year for the top Mini, as well. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Candy_Corn_Vendor&oldid=1096413

Halloween 2016

Shaaba.5672

But at least Gwyn had a chance of dropping from the ToT bags. I haven’t been able to confirm if the raven does or not. Seems like not.

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Bellatrixa.3546

Bellatrixa.3546

Can we just go to the Underworld next year instead? Make the bosses raid difficulty and I’d love to see the Four Horseman again (plus Dhuum would be hilariously fun now without something like Pain Inverter). Give us something to really scream about; Halloween has seriously lost its darkness since GW1 which makes me sad as it’s been my favourite GW festival for 6 years :/ HoT distracted me last year on my first GW2 Halloween but this year when I’m ready to get into it, I’m just left ‘eh’ about it. As others have stated, DR is a mess in the lab too which causes me to want to participate even less in the festival which is severely lacking in permanent festival quests. I’d be ok with less festivals per year if they were at least on par with GW1’s.

“Even if we find a way to save the world from the
dragons, I sometimes wonder if we’ll ever find a way to save us from ourselves.”

Halloween 2016

EphemeralWallaby.7643

…solo’d the mad king tonight… that was a blast!

~EW

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

I love Halloween, don’t get me wrong, but it’s lost some of it’s heart. While there are more rewards, there is less to actually do. And the decorations in LA don’t fit. More spooky, please, less childrens’ party with the candy corn everywhere. Old LA was perfect at Halloween, but I know that ship has sailed. It still upsets me though.

I don’t see why they couldn’t bring back the old LA for Halloween. The Mad King could cast a spell on the city. They could even have NPCs remark about this and that of the old city.

Halloween 2016

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

The Hellfire Skeleton Tonic with the Phoenix glider looks wicked!

Attachments:

Halloween 2016

Randulf.7614

That does look cool