Halloween?

Halloween?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Setz.9675

Setz.9675

It’s probably the same halloween event as last year, that’s it. There is nothing indicating halloween would be shortened in time.

Halloween?

Posted by: xadine.7069

xadine.7069

Seasonnal events never change, or at least not much except nerf on loots^^.
So my guess is , we’re gonna have exactly the same event with maybe (if we’re lucky) a new background story than the prince.

Halloween?

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

ANet has already said that Halloween will be in game this year. Halloween and Wintersday are 2 of their biggest and always celebrated holiday’s in game.

Now as to what will be available for the holiday this year no one really knows except ANet. Anyone else telling you that it will the same or totally different or somewhere in between has no idea. Until they release it we don’t know what we will have for the holiday.

Halloween?

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Most probably it will be some sort of tie-in to promote HOT. It may just be that the backstory is different though.

Halloween?

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

It would be a terrible shame if Halloween does not happen this year.

Halloween?

Posted by: Novamatrix.2569

Novamatrix.2569

ANet has already said that Halloween will be in game this year.

Got a link to them saying that? Ive never seen anything official from them.

I know we dont know exactly whats going down with the events, but there is speculation that anet will release the GGS skin since there were taking control of the gem store skins that were thousands of gold and lowering the prices by releasing the skins again. and since the GGS skin is the highest priced item, it is speculated to be released again at some time. — thats the reasoning behind my statement there.

Halloween?

Posted by: Tasida.4085

Tasida.4085

Pyrate is correct. Anyone that has experienced Guild Wars in the past knows nothing stops a tradition since 2005 from taking place. There will be Hallows and Wintersday I can assure you. Mad King Thorn FTW. GAME ON

Noble Dragons (NOBL) rocking GW’s since 2005 now rocking the Sorrow’s Furnace Server!

(edited by Tasida.4085)

Halloween?

Posted by: Ark.6839

Ark.6839

ANet has already said that Halloween will be in game this year.

Got a link to them saying that? Ive never seen anything official from them.

http://massivelyop.com/2015/08/31/pax-prime-2015-guild-wars-2-is-never-getting-a-raid-finder/
Here’s your link~ It says Halloween events will continue, doesn’t specifically mention this year. But we can hope!

Halloween?

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Halloween is still on or haven’t you try Maize Balm farming

Halloween?

Posted by: Arwyn.1675

Arwyn.1675

Question for the Dev’s: With HoT releasing on the 23rd of October will we still be getting the Halloween event and achievements?

I love the Halloween event and would be super disappointed to not get it this year.

Halloween?

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

I imagine not since Halloween would distract players from the expansion… or the expansion will distract players from Halloween content. Either way, forcing players to pick one or the other is not a good idea. Even if they did bring the Halloween stuff, chances are it will be a rehash of old content, as the last 2 years were. Either way, I will be doing very little of the Halloween content, if any at all, because masteries need leveling!

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

Halloween?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Halloween is an Anet tradition that started back in the first year of GW1. It’ll definitely happen again this year, even though it’ll probably be the same content as the last two years.

Halloween?

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

probably be the same content as the last two years.

Except, we have a new Lions Arch. Sooo… I don’t see them working in the exact same content.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Halloween?

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

I think all likelihood will be either no Halloween content or a dialed back one day event so as not to interfere with expansion content.

Halloween?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

probably be the same content as the last two years.

Except, we have a new Lions Arch. Sooo… I don’t see them working in the exact same content.

True, the event decor will probably either be moved to DR or will have already been built for the new LA. But the actual content took place in an instance you got to from Black Citadel and then inside the Labyrinth, both of which are their own separate maps.

Halloween?

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

This was just posted yesterday and answered already

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Event-Halloween/first#post5484092

Halloween?

Posted by: MarySueLlama.8136

MarySueLlama.8136

They have to have Halloween this year. I NEED GOODIE BAGS AND NOUGAT. 8F 8F 8F

Halloween?

Posted by: Drow.2081

Drow.2081

I’m new; does the Halloween Event change every year or follow the same exact? If it is exact or similar it will not tax the devs – the programs are already written.

I also post on guildwars2guru.

Halloween?

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

Ok so i know you guys are working on HoT and are probably superbusy and Helloween will show up in the middle of expansion, but thing is, Helloween event is one of GW2 best events of the year that most look forward too, so i am kind of hoping this will be squeesed in somewere inbetween so that all new players also will get a chance to see the awsomeness, grind the labyrinth and level a character and eat candy until their character literally puke.

So is will we have the event this year?

Halloween?

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Ok so i know you guys are working on HoT and are probably superbusy and Helloween will show up in the middle of expansion, but thing is, Helloween event is one of GW2 best events of the year that most look forward too, so i am kind of hoping this will be squeesed in somewere inbetween so that all new players also will get a chance to see the awsomeness, grind the labyrinth and level a character and eat candy until their character literally puke.

Someone already answered that on the first page of this thread:

Here’s a recent quote by Colin:

After the announcement of HoT, many players were concerned that the old game content would be left in the dust. Unfortunately, that is partially true. But Johanson wanted to reassure players that even though there is a lot of focus on the new HoTness, events like Halloween will still continue and patches will still come to the old game. Johanson believes that there will be plenty to do in the old game for free players.

August 31, 2015 http://massivelyop.com/2015/08/31/pax-prime-2015-guild-wars-2-is-never-getting-a-raid-finder/

Good luck.

Halloween?

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

After the announcement of HoT, many players were concerned that the old game content would be left in the dust. Unfortunately, that is partially true. But Johanson wanted to reassure players that even though there is a lot of focus on the new HoTness, events like Halloween will still continue and patches will still come to the old game. Johanson believes that there will be plenty to do in the old game for free players.

August 31, 2015 http://massivelyop.com/2015/08/31/pax-prime-2015-guild-wars-2-is-never-getting-a-raid-finder/

Good luck.

And my post was was merged so that is why it looks strange. I whish merged posts were flagged so this sort of confusion could be avoided.

Halloween?

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Good luck.

And my post was was merged so that is why it looks strange. I whish merged posts were flagged so this sort of confusion could be avoided.

Ah, yeah it does get a bit confusing within merged threads. I’ve seen some that are hilarious to follow with multiple different conversations throughout. Anyhow, can’t wait for Halloween this year! I don’t even care if they recycle the events, but I would love to see some new rewards and/or new skins!

Halloween?

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

ok, gonna address all 3 of you here…

1st. it is nothing like the high end luxury car market, as those are made yearly, also add in that it is a degradable item, cars are, and that there are enuff wealthy people in teh world to keep that market alive. There is simply no demand for it here, and even if I relented and said there was, there are not enuff people that can get them to satisfy them all. 5 skins left in teh world… 5 out of thousands get them…

2nd. Thats nice that your friend bought one, now theres only 4 left… after sitting 2 years on the market… people must be buying them left and right!!! /endsarcasm

3rd. and what you are NOT getting is that not everyone was around for the first event that dropped these… and even some people maybe were away on holiday and not ingame during these events. Yes I mentioned gemstore and token system and all that, but it doesnt have to be tied to those things… re introduce them the same way they were earned the last time then, or make it harder, hell I dont care as long as its obtainable.

Ahhhh so it boils down to a waaaaahhhh I wasn’t there argument for you… you weren’t there for release but you feel entitled to them… gotcha. Here’s an idea. Look at ANY high end collectible market. Sports cards, shoes, toys, comics… I DARE you to try and make your argument work for any of them… you can’t. So why should “I wasn’t arpund then it’s not fair” work here?

It doesn’t boil down to a waaah response for me at all. I am not saying I personally want these items, but it isn’t going to hurt anything, other then someones “WAAAAAAAHH I’m not special anymore” feelers… that is why i disagreed with you guys to begin with. at any moment they can flip a switch or type a few words and BAM. there’s the items again. Its not like the luxury markets, as they can re introduce these at their leisure, in their original form. But I think none of this matters, as you are not gonna change my mind and I am not gonna change yours. so lets just agree to disagree before we start waaaaaahing and start throwing insults mkay?

Halloween?

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

So with the upcoming expansion, will there be a halloween event this year? And if yes will there be a candy corn cob vendor again? Still got some of them from last year.

Halloween?

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

Of course there will be. Some scrubby expansion is no reason to skip Halloween.

Halloween?

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

Hmmm, just saying: You know that there is currently still one candy cob vendor available in lionsarch? You still can trade them in for bags and other mats.

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Halloween?

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

Hm, will there be new rewards or do we still get the old ones only?

Halloween?

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

Currently you still get all reward from the vendor that you got at halloween.

If this year some new rewards will be added on halloween? Noone knows. Probably even anet doesn’t know yet

Edit: sry, Wanze is right. You can still get everything mentioned here: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sonder_the_Seller#vendor12

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

(edited by Bomber.3872)

Halloween?

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Currently you still get all reward from the vendor that you got at halloween.

Incorrect. You cant trade nougat, spiders and plastic fangs for their rare versions, while halloween isnt going on.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Halloween?

Posted by: Arlee.7038

Arlee.7038

Good luck.

That’s not a guarantee it’ll happen this year though. He’s basically saying as they move forward in the game and keep pushing to new areas they will still do those events in the Old World… which doesn’t preclude them from skipping Mad King this year.

Halloween?

Posted by: Thor Malen.8291

Thor Malen.8291

GW2 Halloween is a blast. Hopefully they will do a new video for this year promoting it or I am going to TP Gaile’s yard

Halloween?

Posted by: Freedan.1769

Freedan.1769

I just hope the Halloween event has a tie-in with HoT. Since Mordremoth is the new foe, it would be nice to see some changes to Halloween, like fighting Mordrem in addition to the classic Halloween bad boys from years past. I personally dream of reliving the battle against Mad King Thorn…it would be epic to do it again. And one day I will beat the Clock Tower puzzle…one day….

Oi! I just had a thought! What if HoT has guild hall decorations that are Halloween themed, so people can give their Guild Halls that spooky feel? Even if it was pure gem store purchases to get bits and pieces for it, how dope would THAT be?? Then players could have competitions around the holidays to show off the spookiest halls! I would totally go trick or treating via invites just to see cool decked out halls if that was possible.

Halloween?

Posted by: xan.5472

xan.5472

Oi! I just had a thought! What if HoT has guild hall decorations that are Halloween themed, so people can give their Guild Halls that spooky feel? Even if it was pure gem store purchases to get bits and pieces for it, how dope would THAT be?? Then players could have competitions around the holidays to show off the spookiest halls! I would totally go trick or treating via invites just to see cool decked out halls if that was possible.

What a good idea !

Well, Halloween…For me the best event from GW1 and GW2 !
Anet know halloween and wintersday are very important for their players but we was very disappointed last year with the same Halloween background as the previous year (Bloody Prince). It would be better to have the same Halloween as 2012 but nevermind.
Last year, Halloween had begun the 15 october. This year, 15 October is 1 week before HoT. And Game Updates and Event are always the Tuesday so 2 options : it will be the 13 or the 20. The 20 is really to close from HoT, so i expect the 13.
I think it can be a good way to make the players wait until HoT release.
And like many if you, I think we will have the same content as the 2 previous year, unfortunately…
But nevermind, I just hope we will have a really creepy LA ! And maybe, like last year, some new outfit, items and pets.

Let’s hope. . . We all want the Mad King Returnnnns !!

(Excuse my bad english)

(edited by xan.5472)

Halloween?

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I am hoping it will be good. Last year I joined during the event. So I was still working out game mechanics and where things were. Plus I only had a low level character so some of the events that were more pvp were a lesson in how fast I could die.

Halloween?

Freedan.1769

Has anyone seen any guild hall decorations yet? I was doing a lot of reading and thinking about them, and I noticed a key aspect of guild hall decorations is the ability to ‘upgrade’ a generic crafted guild hall item from a scribes list of craftable options, and make it into a much more advanced version. This potentially means Anet has an incredibly powerful holiday tool for Guild Halls!

The way I picture it is like this:

Anet is always looking for cool new events to do for the holiday events every year. One way to pull it off is to provide seasonal decorations that can be gathered while the season is ‘active’. For example, maybe you need a special ‘candy corn resonance’ item or something else named item from a Candy Corn elemental boss hidden at the end of a jumping puzzle(similar to the example they gave in their post). This would only be present and killable during the holidays, so players could go searching for these enemies/events and participate in them.

Once they have the item, they can take a generic crafted pool fountain and upgrade it to a Ghastly Fountain, a Halloween themed spooky fountain with green water, or ghosts hovering around it, with a new look and feel for the decoration. This would get players hyped to build up cool Guild Hall decorations that they can theme for the holiday season, and if they like it looking that way, they can of course keep it happening year round since they wouldn’t have to change the hall. The benefit of this is the crafting system won’t be touched at all, they just use a game mechanic already built to change items into new looks, its just a matter of designing the objects skin and including the upgrade component as a drop somewhere. Maybe especially cool decorations could be gem store items and the rest could be part of events players can get together and farm. Heck, they could be included as random rewards in chests at the end of Guild Missions during the holidays and the special event (i.e. Labyrinth) depending on whats funnest for the players to collect those decorations.

I really hope they have thought of this and plan to do something like this for the players! I also like it, because it rewards older guilds who get started early on gathering components so when the next years events come around they can gather more each year and each year their Halls get more spooky/wintersday/asian themed/whatever holiday.

Halloween?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Just in case anyone is interested, the Devs announced (at TwitchCon) that Halloween will release the same day as Heart of Thorns this year, October 23rd.

Happy Halloween/Mad King Thorn’s Day!

Halloween?

Posted by: Niyati.4215

Niyati.4215

Hmm, GW: Nightfalls was released in october and they had the holloween Events and new hats.(In LA and Nightfalls main town) I’m sure there will be new hats to get during Mad King Says. new weapons skins from the events? who knows, but the events will most likely be the Blood prince stuff from the past 2 years.

Halloween?

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I’m going to color my outfit for Halloween, whether it happens or not.

Guess I’m posting too fast today, got a ‘flood control’ warning. :\

Attachments:

Halloween?

Posted by: GameGuard.8610

GameGuard.8610

If I remember right was said this weekend it be released same week not same day so Tuesday before the hot friday

Halloween?

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

They should release the Halloween event 2 weeks prior to HoT launch. This will give everyone a chance to do it before HoT. Why would they even do this? Are they trying to kill their HoT release hype?

Halloween?

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

They should release the Halloween event 2 weeks prior to HoT launch. This will give everyone a chance to do it before HoT. Why would they even do this? Are they trying to kill their HoT release hype?

Hint: Use the Halloween events to boost unlocking some masteries!

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

Halloween?

Posted by: Chobits.2430

Chobits.2430

The Halloween event comes once per year. HoT will be there forever.

I plan on splitting my time between HoT and Halloween. I need more 20 slot bags and Tyria Masteries.

Halloween?

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

I don’t understand how you can say a grand total of 20 skins across all the Halloween skins from the original event is a “market”… it’ll kitten off a grand total of 20 people in game and give thousands the chance they’ve been waiting for for years now.

I say reintroduce the skins, if anything, make them a gemshop item or tie them to the candy corn cob token system.

you mean the people who have had 3 years to buy the skins but have chosen not too?
i wanted the skin, i grinded like crazy and i bought the skin. (back when it was 1,3k, but gold was a lot harder to come by)
right now the skins are around 4k, spend afew hours playing and you can easily get 40g, thats 1% done already, do that each day and you’ll have the skin by december 10th.

THE SKINS ARE STILL AVAILABLE TO THOSE WHO WANT THEM.

the fact that there are still skins available but none of you are willing to buy them speaks volumes about how much you actually care about them.
they’re there, go get them if you want them, otherwise stop trying to devalue it for those of us that did the grind that you CBA to do.

If I ever should even consider to buy a skin for 4K Gold, I really hope someone is around to slap me kitten the back of the head so that I can come to my senses again^^

Halloween?

Freedan.1769

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/welcome-to-guild-week/

I hope someone on October 1st shows off some holiday themed decorations hint hint at you Rubi!.

Halloween?

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

this will be my first halloween in Tyria so I hope it doesn’t get cancelled or anything :S
the music is really awesome and I want to try out the jumping puzzle.

Halloween?

Freedan.1769

I am stoked about the Halloween event, confirmed coming up with HoT release! I also heard they are planning holiday decorations for Guild Halls at some point, so all good news I hope we get at least one very cool new Halloween item to shoot for this year, plus maybe a return of the battle with Mad King. It was epic year one, and it would be epic to see the old Madman Thorn make a visit!

Halloween?

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

this will be my first halloween in Tyria so I hope it doesn’t get cancelled or anything :S
the music is really awesome and I want to try out the jumping puzzle.

It has already been confirmed that Halloween is on this year. If it is your first Halloween then you are going to love it.

Unfortunately for the rest of us the last couple of years have been fairly disappointing, no real new content just the addition of a few extremely expensive items that require a ridiculous amount of grinding. And to top it off the removal of content, Reaper’s Rumble, Ascent to Madness, Mad Memoires missions, just to name a few.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”