Halloween Event: Ascent to Madness

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

ANET! You are the best. I’ve been wanting to play this mini dungeon again. It was a really fun event and I’m glad it is back.

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

All these new skins: I want that axe! -gimme hands-

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/gw2-halloween-2015-new-skins.jpg

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Yeah all those skins look great, looks like I will be playing the hell out of the Haloween content. Sorry Maguuma Jungle.

Posted by: Soren.9316

Soren.9316

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Mad Kings Dungeon is back!!!! So excite!

IGN: Soren the Always Lost
Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

Posted by: WingLegacy.7159

WingLegacy.7159

Where can we get that? Seriously Anet release date together with Hot?

(edited by WingLegacy.7159)

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I am so excited, though that is tempered with the fact that it lands on exactly the same day as HoT. I’m torn. The only reason I can think for the exact same launch day is because they want to lighten the server load on the new areas by splitting the population. Why Anet, why!!!!

On another note, I loved the dungeon on the first year, love seeing it come back.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

Ascent to Madness hype!!!!

SAB or RIOT

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

So happy the dungeon is back! I’m curious about them calling the bat wings a “shoulder” piece, though — typo? They look like a back piece to me. Also look, butterfly wings!

WingLegacy, check out https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/october-23-2015/

Posted by: Tora.7214

Tora.7214

need… preview… link, those wings are just…

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

That moa minipet.
/e makes grabby hands

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

Posted by: Yunielesca.2850

Yunielesca.2850

How many time does it take to get the mastery system from the very beginning of the expansion?

To know exactly after how many minutes/hours I can go on the halloween event and farm the masteries in the same way

Donari.5237

That moa minipet.
/e makes grabby hands

I’m wondering if it’s a thing like bobble heads that just puts flaming pumpkin heads on all minis — did you see the wurm also with a pumpkin?

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Mad Kings Dungeon is back!!!! So excite!

Agreed, can’t wait!!!!!

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Hell yes. Karka hatchling helm.

I’ve been wanting more karka theme things. a backpack would have been nice too, but all the new things I’ve seen so far. I want them all.

I can’t wait!

Posted by: Niyati.4215

Niyati.4215

Love it! No idea why they decided not to bring this back the past 2 years. All i know is Hot content will be on the back burner for those 2 weeks. I’ll think about getting 2 specializations if it’s fast.(necro/engi)

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Hopefully all those skins are tradeable.
ANet, remember the kittened off players you created last year by making Gynnerferd/ghost dog mini account bound and kitten near impossible to get (due to rng). Lets not have a repeat of that again…

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I am hoping the hammer is a pumpkin smash like attk on its skills for classes, the axe “bites” and the bat gun fire outs bats!

It would be nice if the back items move too.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

Sorry to burst your bubble, rain on your parade, or otherwise sour your mood

However Halloween starts Oct 23 and HoT launches on OCT 23

So there is a good chance the Halloween events will remain vacant as the vast majority of people will be doing HoT related deals. Either that or grinding out new masteries which will no doubt hurt some of the Halloween events.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

So there is a good chance the Halloween events will remain vacant as the vast majority of people will be doing HoT related deals. Either that or grinding out new masteries which will no doubt hurt some of the Halloween events.

Honestly, I think this was part of the plan. The way they are keeping the servers handling the HoT maps from being completely overloaded is to launch another wildly popular event at the same time. They are likely hoping to split the community rather than have all of them in one place.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

Don’t forget play for free people and those who did not purchase the expansion.

I am going to do Halloween and get the skins and events done since it’s on a timer.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I was excited to see the dungeon coming back as well. Looking forward to doing it, and trying to build those new back pieces (love the wings – both bat and butterfly).

And that pumpkin headed mini black moa… must have!

Sorry HoT, you’re on a 2 week delay…

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

skullmount.1758

As much as I want to play HoT, temp content comes first (to me). HoT will still be there after the two weeks of Halloween. Really going to be kittened if these new skins aren’t at least tradeable. Those of us with horrible RNG (yeah yeah, accounts aren’t supposedly blessed, blah blah blah) will otherwise have no hopes of getting any of the skins (besides those at the vendor).

Info:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/october-23-2015/

Darkhaven server

Zalani.9827

That moa minipet.
/e makes grabby hands

I’m wondering if it’s a thing like bobble heads that just puts flaming pumpkin heads on all minis — did you see the wurm also with a pumpkin?

I’m thinking it’s just a new line of halloween themed minis personally.

Going to be putting off HoT while I work on this event myself lol.

Dragonbrand

Posted by: Dasefex.4810

Dasefex.4810

Forget heart of thorns mad king is back baby

Fishy Joes 80 necro wvw
Digital Sacrifice Guild

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I’m very excited for the content (especially the Mad King mini dungeon, yay!). But I’m extra sad because I’ll have to rush to get as much done as I can in a day and a half, since it’s not lasting a full two weeks (and I’ll be out of town from the 24th until the 1st). Oh well. It’ll still be fun.

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

something just occurred to me……

if anet were…
to…
maybe make…

an entire….
XPAC HALLOWEEN!!!

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOGMOMGOGMOGMOGMOMGOGMOGM MONIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Is HoT only there for a few weeks and will be gone when “ascent to madness” is over? If not then why not do the temp. content first and the permanent content some other time?

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

So happy the dungeon is back! I’m curious about them calling the bat wings a “shoulder” piece, though — typo? They look like a back piece to me. Also look, butterfly wings!

WingLegacy, check out https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/october-23-2015/

The back piece is a dragon wing back. The bat shoulders are on the mesmer.

Zalani.9827

On another note I’m really liking how the new LA looks with Halloween.

Dragonbrand

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Forget heart of thorns mad king is back baby

+1000

And hopefully with a chance to get 2012 stuff from his chest. If the chance is low and account bound that should be fair

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Donari.5237

The back piece is a dragon wing back. The bat shoulders are on the mesmer.

No, that’s just part of the Witch’s Outfit. Nor would it be exciting to make such a teensy thing … here’s the Outfit, I just went in game to screen it.

Attachments:

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Too bad it hasn’t been running for the month of October…

RoseofGilead.8907

The character on the left does seem to have the bat “shoulders” (which looks more like a back item).

Attachments:

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

Posted by: Solomon Darkfury.3729

Solomon Darkfury.3729

The character on the left does seem to have the bat “shoulders” (which looks more like a back item).

That makes no sense for them to be shoulders bc then what happens when someone is wearing wings?

RoseofGilead.8907

That makes no sense for them to be shoulders bc then what happens when someone is wearing wings?

Plus, you wouldn’t be able to wear a set of shoulder armor with an outfit (and that character in the screenshot is wearing an outfit).

Donari.5237

That’s why I think it’s a mis-type. I posted about it in the bugs forum; perhaps they can edit the Release Page.

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

BAT WINGS FOR MY NECROOOOOOOOO

Posted by: Koomaster.9176

Koomaster.9176

Going to basically be ignoring HoT till Halloween event is over. I LOVE holidays/festivals in games and pretty much eschew all content in favor of limited time events. Plus I am fairly new to GW2 so have not done any of this content. So I’m very excited to see what it’s all about. ^_^

Posted by: Taylor.2096

Taylor.2096

Is anyone else tired of wings? Seriously make a back piece that is actually kind of cool for once? kudos to the mummy back piece I’m glad all 3 of the back pieces aren’t god forsaken wings

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Is anyone else tired of wings? Seriously make a back piece that is actually kind of cool for once? kudos to the mummy back piece I’m glad all 3 of the back pieces aren’t god forsaken wings

well…the incoming scribe back pieces aren’t wings either

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

That axe!

Those bat wings!

That gargoyle mini!

Ascent to Madness!

Best Halloween since the first!

Now if only the three open world metas, Reaper’s Rumble, and the scavenger hunt return alongside the Bloody Prince plot as well (aka having all content from previous years together).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: Jewomie.3986

Jewomie.3986

I really would love to see the hunt for the book return. That back piece was so sexy, and I was devastated when I accidentally deleted the character that had it (meant to move it to the bank for transmute purposes…. -_-)

But missing old skins aside, I really enjoyed that quest and would love to see it again!

skullmount.1758

I really would love to see the hunt for the book return. That back piece was so sexy, and I was devastated when I accidentally deleted the character that had it (meant to move it to the bank for transmute purposes…. -_-)

But missing old skins aside, I really enjoyed that quest and would love to see it again!

Not this year: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3olm9m/halloween_is_coming/cvyapgc

The backpack from the 2012 event isn’t going to make it back this year. It was on our stretch goal list to build an epic collection journey for this if we could (the original scavenger hunt is broke as heck) but with ship approaching, couldn’t make the cut this time.

Darkhaven server

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Not this year: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3olm9m/halloween_is_coming/cvyapgc

The backpack from the 2012 event isn’t going to make it back this year. It was on our stretch goal list to build an epic collection journey for this if we could (the original scavenger hunt is broke as heck) but with ship approaching, couldn’t make the cut this time.

This tells us it’s on their mind, and their to do list. That’s at least a positive. So…maybe we’ll get lucky next year.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I have no problem with that. If everyone is running off to play HoT. It will only be the Hard core Halloweeners. And I’m more than happy with that. I want my Halloween swag. HoT can wait. It’s not going anywhere.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

I’m dying (or perhaps dyeing) to know how the new colors will be obtained.

Posted by: Tasida.4085

Tasida.4085

I’m also glad they’re bringing this fun bit back as well. As long as they don’t give out the “emissary title” or “witch hat (2012)” it will be awesome. It’s nice to see some things finally returning. GAME ON

Noble Dragons (NOBL) rocking GW’s since 2005 now rocking the Sorrow’s Furnace Server!

Posted by: Odin of Ark.4860

Odin of Ark.4860

I’ll probably do Halloween things before starting on HoT. Halloween is too good to miss out on.

Posted by: Athiena Jade.6053

Athiena Jade.6053

I will so be focusing on Halloween stuff while it is out! HoT will still be there and I have never been the type that has to race through content having to be first.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I am so happy we’re finally getting new Halloween weapons. Particularly of types we don’t already have weapons for.

’dat bat pistol. DO WANT.

Pumpkin hammer is pretty cool too, but doesn’t really fit any of my characters. Maybe I’ll get it anyway and throw it in my Engie, she already has the pumpkin rifle as well even though it also doesn’t really fit her theme. Heck, she’d be the one getting the bat rifle as well (though that one DOES fit her theme, which is animals) so maybe I’ll just have to deck her out with a full set of Halloween weapons. Not like I’d have far to go to reach that.

Can’t tell what the focus(?) is supposed to be. A ghost of some sort? Looks interesting, though.

Bat shoulderpiece sounds interesting, but it doesn’t look like they actually showed it off in the preview.

Definitely didn’t expect the butterfly wings to be a Halloween thing, though in hindsight I suppose the color scheme works. Mummy backpiece looks interesting, though I need to see it from behind to really tell, need to see what its holding. Bat / dragon wings are hideous >.>

Really hope these weapons and backpieces are reasonable to get and not super-ultra-rare “Mini Gwynefyrdd” level stuff. Please Anet, don’t add cool Halloween skins and make them impossible. I’ll cry.