Halloween Event Info

Halloween Event Info

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Gaile I just wanted to point out that since this announcement has been made I have not seen one commander tag in the labyrinth (I was able to run around a little bit last night with a commander before I realized I wasn’t gaining any xp)

At this point unless you already got the doors and the big legendary mobs done, you’re not going to complete the meta, there’s just so few people actually doing the labyrinth, and I’m talking primetime on a Friday night

You might as well cancel halloween at this point if it’s not going to be fixed. Fixing it sooner rather than later and then extending the event would actually get people doing it.

Leaving it for “next time” means people just won’t do it.

When I have time, I’m in the lab with my com tag up. But I’m busy this weekend(much to my annoyance.) so there are commanders running around the lab. But the lack of not getting xp is a big turn off for most.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Halloween Event Info

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

Gaile I just wanted to point out that since this announcement has been made I have not seen one commander tag in the labyrinth (I was able to run around a little bit last night with a commander before I realized I wasn’t gaining any xp)

At this point unless you already got the doors and the big legendary mobs done, you’re not going to complete the meta, there’s just so few people actually doing the labyrinth, and I’m talking primetime on a Friday night

You might as well cancel halloween at this point if it’s not going to be fixed. Fixing it sooner rather than later and then extending the event would actually get people doing it.

they havent done it at modrem invasion and already said they dont do it now

if people dont finish meta they really dont care about (look at potions at modrem invasion and the grind on it with noone normal player could finished)

(edited by Zaron.1987)

Halloween Event Info

Posted by: Rain.7543

Rain.7543

I noticed the lack of experience towards my masteries today, and I was just wondering the same thing, before I came here to see this announcement. While it is pretty dissapointing that we won’t get any experience from the festivities, I think people should come down a little. Sheesh, it’s not the end of the world or the game. Just go out there and have fun for once without worrying how and when you will be rewarded for it. There’s plenty of other ways to earn experience towards your masteries in all of the other content around Tyria.

I appreciate the open and honest responce from Anet on this issue. If they say they rather not risk fixing this on the account that the whole event might get bugged, I believe them. The folks knows their coding the best, enough of unhappy customers who think they knows everything there’s to know. Being my first Halloween event in gw2 this year I rather have fun and play the festivies then worry for the experience and demand fixes that may broke the whole event. I am sure I am not the only one who sees the things from this point of view.

So thank you Anet for the fun event, the smooth HoT launch and for being honest and open about such stuff. Have fun folks and hopefully see you around the festivities.

Halloween Event Info

Posted by: Kyvia.5961

Kyvia.5961

Hey Gaile, any chance you can do the community a favor and ask/look around to see if the Nightfury shoulder recipe is working in game? No need to hints at what we are missing or anything, just take a looksee at live servers and make sure it works. Yes or No would be fantastic if possible!!! Thanks!

Halloween Event Info

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

It is really funny, I assume since the lybernth was outside tyria of sorts, it was working as design. My friend and I earning some pretty good loot and also having fun. We are not worried about mastery though because of still finishing up explorer achievement, but I am sorry to the people who don’t really have a fresh plan for mastery completion.

Halloween Event Info

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

I noticed the lack of experience towards my masteries today, and I was just wondering the same thing, before I came here to see this announcement. While it is pretty dissapointing that we won’t get any experience from the festivities, I think people should come down a little. Sheesh, it’s not the end of the world or the game. Just go out there and have fun for once without worrying how and when you will be rewarded for it. There’s plenty of other ways to earn experience towards your masteries in all of the other content around Tyria.

I appreciate the open and honest responce from Anet on this issue. If they say they rather not risk fixing this on the account that the whole event might get bugged, I believe them. The folks knows their coding the best, enough of unhappy customers who think they knows everything there’s to know. Being my first Halloween event in gw2 this year I rather have fun and play the festivies then worry for the experience and demand fixes that may broke the whole event. I am sure I am not the only one who sees the things from this point of view.

So thank you Anet for the fun event, the smooth HoT launch and for being honest and open about such stuff. Have fun folks and hopefully see you around the festivities.

That content is so stale though it makes me want to uninstall, we’ve been doing this same stale content for months on end. Anet thought esports tournaments on twitch would keep us occupied, nope, don’t give a kitten about esports.

Every time I start doing any events for core Tyria masteries I just want to do ANYTHING else and I can hear Colin in the back of my head talking about how he doesn’t want the game to be some long boring grind to be able to have fun. “I swung a sword…. I swung it again… that’s great”

Instead it’s “I did an event…. I did it again… that’s great..”

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Halloween Event Info

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

Truly a shame. The Halloween event would have been the perfect opportunity to give (veteran) players a suitable activity to progress their Tyrian mastery tracks. Not only that, it might also have made them more forgiving towards the huge grind that those mastery tracks are.

To put it plainly: Returning to the old content in order to progress new masteries doesn’t mean that said old content is suddenly more appealing. Even worse, with the utter nerf to dungeons (both gold and experience gain), the choices are even more limited than before.

While I give Anet the benefit of the doubt that this was truly an oversight, I cannot help wondering how something like this makes it past testing. If you cannot fix it on short notice, why not extend the event then and have it fixed along with it?

Halloween Event Info

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

Thank you for the communication. Would it be possible to mail us some XP consumables to mitigate the issue?

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Halloween Event Info

Posted by: Cross Atu.9140

Cross Atu.9140

Hey all,

We discovered an issue with the Halloween Festival that we wanted to share with you: The festival activities are not giving Mastery experience for characters that are level 80.

This was not an intended mechanic, but with the festival underway it would be extremely risky to attempt to correct this right now. Weighing the options, it’s best not to take a risk that could impact everyone’s ability to play Halloween content this year and in future Halloween festivals, as well. We will be taking a look at the festival code after the Halloween event ends and we hope to have this situation corrected for next year’s fall extravaganza.

Thanks for your understanding.

Thank you for the heads up!
Of course it is a pity not to earn Mastery for my characters during the events but bugs happen and it is great to hear this isn’t an intended mechanic just a quirk of the code.

Perhaps this will give me extra incentive to level up some of my lower characters a bit more

Regardless I will happily take more news over less news even when the news itself isn’t ideal, so thank you again for keeping us in the loop on this.

Halloween Event Info

Posted by: Kyban.4031

Kyban.4031

I would vote that the masteries fix would be worth the risk, try a fix and revert if anything breaks. Just my 2 cents

Halloween Event Info

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

I was disappointed that Halloween was lumped with HoT and now I am even more. I really wish we could have just had Halloween before HoT it would have avoided this and there would be people doing the events.

Halloween Event Info

Posted by: Unstable.4153

Unstable.4153

I don’t know if this is just a bug or not, but I can’t get past the gate to get into the nolani ruins. It says on the map that it is available, but no gate keeper is there. I can even see a mission star on the other end. I saw a player on the other side earlier, but they were afk so I couldn’t ask them how they did it. If you guys weren’t planning on adding it, please consider adding it this year or next year. I know there’s a lot of bugs with the release of HoT, I just feel like i’m missing out because I wasn’t here for earlier years.

Halloween Event Info

Posted by: Odeezee.7362

Odeezee.7362

Hey all,

We discovered an issue with the Halloween Festival that we wanted to share with you: The festival activities are not giving Mastery experience for characters that are level 80.

This was not an intended mechanic, but with the festival underway it would be extremely risky to attempt to correct this right now. Weighing the options, it’s best not to take a risk that could impact everyone’s ability to play Halloween content this year and in future Halloween festivals, as well. We will be taking a look at the festival code after the Halloween event ends and we hope to have this situation corrected for next year’s fall extravaganza.

Thanks for your understanding.

i do not understand and your unwillingness to not fix this makes me not want to even play this game. i knew i should have waited before buying this expansion as this dev team after the release of vanilla GW2 has done nothing but sully the efforts of the dev team during the original beta. to say i am disappointed in you Anet is an understatement but at this point kitten like this is par for the course with you guys.

Halloween Event Info

Posted by: BlkPrince.2854

BlkPrince.2854

isnt it as simple as checking if maps for the event are considered in central tyria it looks like it isnt :/

Halloween Event Info

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

This is really disappointing to hear as the content has been pretty much abandoned. 4 people in labyrinth total to do events on the 2nd day of launch, also weekend, is really unprecedented for a festival.

Halloween Event Info

Posted by: Setz.9675

Setz.9675

So many HoT bugs are being fixed but exp in the labyrinth could potentially destroy all of halloween…. putting down my sceptical goggles

Cursed Shore experience farm is king though, Arah pre has just godly experience too.

Halloween Event Info

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

I am honestly surprised it is classified as a bug.

- veterans here have done core open world PvE so many times they most likely never want to do it again
- dungeon and FoTM (the somewhat challenging stuff) XP has been nerfed
- HoT only progresses HoT masteries
- everyone loved running Labyrinth not only for loot, but for experience last year

It makes so much sense to think “oh look, we’re launching Tyria masteries and Labyrinth at the same time, everyone gonna boost them there, let’s check if it works!” that when I saw it didn’t work, I naturally assumed it was intended.

But since it is a bug, may I suggest adding several large chunks of experience in a new Halloween achievement for everyone who has finished the meta event and goes on doing the Lab? Or it can be a collection from some account-bound drops or something.

20 level 80s and counting.

Halloween Event Info

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

It’s not that we really LOVED labyrinth but it is more fun to run events in a group in a train, so that you’re constantly playing with other people rather than trying to find events solo in landscape and possibly finding yourself doing them alone (and then hitting a brick wall when you encounter an event you can’t do by yourself), similar to why Edge of the Mists trains are so popular, it’s just a regular cycle of events that you can do in a large group consistently. Cursed shore and FGS have trains that can be followed but they’re shorter and often disrupted by people who are not “on board” the train. Those “trains” also involve a lot of waypoint travel and people who load slower are often left out. I hate FGS training because I load somewhat slow and constantly miss events.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Halloween Event Info

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

I’d rather see them attempt to fix it now. If it breaks, at least they tried and it would give them a year to fix the issue for next Halloween. What I fear is they will not fix it now and come next Halloween it will still be broken as they dont know what the issue is.

Halloween Event Info

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

I am honestly surprised it is classified as a bug.

- veterans here have done core open world PvE so many times they most likely never want to do it again
- dungeon and FoTM (the somewhat challenging stuff) XP has been nerfed
- HoT only progresses HoT masteries
- everyone loved running Labyrinth not only for loot, but for experience last year

It makes so much sense to think “oh look, we’re launching Tyria masteries and Labyrinth at the same time, everyone gonna boost them there, let’s check if it works!” that when I saw it didn’t work, I naturally assumed it was intended.

But since it is a bug, may I suggest adding several large chunks of experience in a new Halloween achievement for everyone who has finished the meta event and goes on doing the Lab? Or it can be a collection from some account-bound drops or something.

What I have seen several others say, and I kinda agree with, is it is not, in fact, a bug but fully intentional so you do not max out your masteries on the first weekend. There is no way it was unintentional. They just say it is a bug to try to waylay our concerns (and bug reports?).

Oh well, once I get the achieves I am done with it since I got my thief to 80 finally.

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

Halloween Event Info

Posted by: Broom.2561

Broom.2561

I have 40+ mastery points for central tyria, and getting enough xp to use them all would not be hard at all, if I wanted to do events all day. So if ‘prevent from maxing out fast’ was a reason, it’s a dumb one.

Considering the fact I have limited play time, I am rather bummed out by the fact I can’t get the xp by doing the halloween events. Especially since I’m sitting on 3000+ useless crystal shards from all the ‘after 80 levels’ I’ve done in the past 3 years. Doing something I like AND getting mastery xp would have been way better.

Halloween Event Info

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

Does anyone know how long the Halloween event will be going on for?

Halloween Event Info

Posted by: Traveler.2751

Traveler.2751

While your at it, you might want to REMOVE the raised edges on the floating garbage in the tower timed race jumping garbage puzzle. I can’t tell you how many times i got stuck on a raised edge i couldn’t tell was raised. Also make it more clear where you need to go. I got to a point at the end of a wooden beam and couldn’t tell where to go. Apparently I need to jump off onto a platform I couldn’t see. Either that or slow down the speed of the rising green !@#$. Timed puzzles are trash. Its worse when that timed puzzle is also a jumping puzzle with wonky collision on pieces of floating garbage.