Halloween Event - Yay!

Halloween Event - Yay!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

Thanks for those who are looking forward to the event, and who post to say they are. For those who are posting up bile-filled negativity, I’d like you to step back and think about the situation: We’re having a Halloween festival in a timeframe when many, many players thought there would not be one. Dire “the sky is falling” commentary isn’t appropriate. Rude “You got nothing” comments have no place here.

We’re offering to join community events because they’re fun, and our joining in supports those marvelous people and guilds and groups who put their time and effort into creating such events for the community at large. This is in no way a case where we’re “doing nothing” when the team is presenting an entire festival for you at a time the company is also launching an expansion pack for our game.

This thread presents positive and encouraging new information, and I’d ask you to join in the spirit of the thread and not make rude, negative, or nasty comments. I mean, replying is optional, and thoughtfulness seems a simple thing to ask.

Of course there is no call for being rude or generating negativity. But that said over optimistic views can lead to disaster. For example in 2013 Anet released a time gated bimonthly content that left the Halloween event a ghost town. Since Anet centers around teamwork the Labyrinth was unplayable.

I just Love the Halloween event! Some are worried that the HOT release will over shadow an event some of us really want to play and “possibly” will be deprived of again.
I just wish HOT was released Nov 1st, but lets hope the FTP players will show up and make the Halloween event a success.

(edited by Angelica Dream.7103)

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

The same people that complain about recycled events are the people that decorate the same Xmas tree the same way for over thirty years.

Pot calling the kettle black?

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Over on the GW2 Fashion subreddit (/r/GuildWarsDyeJob/) we are hosting a costume contest and we would sure love to see as many spooky and creative entries as possible…come see ;p It’s not an in-game event, exactly, but I KNOW many of us will be showing off our creations in Lions Arch.

The Mad King’s Masquerade:
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWarsDyeJob/comments/3ngzed/the_mad_kings_masquerade_costume_contest/

I’ve seen this person before that is dressed as Spider Girl/Man (it’s a female character at any rate), complete with that spider-looking bow. It’s pretty amazing, how they picked their pieces and colored each. I sadly don’t know their in game name nor their handle, but I really hope they see this and enter.

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: Stealthreaver.9216

Stealthreaver.9216

I’ve been looking forward to lunatic inquisition. It still relatively new to me so I love it as is. The thing about guild wars it they can keep the same events and just add new maps and it make it seem new to players. I love new maps! It would be cool to combine the castles of WvW with the ghost/last man standing of lunatic inquisition.

The history of the mad King on wiki was interesting. Makes me want to read more of the guid wars history.

Stronghold pvp was fun too, but I can wait till after Halloween.

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

My body is ready

Attachments:

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Just a couple of points: This thread was localized in all four languages, as the blog post and the event page will be. So you can rest assured our community is being kept aware every step of the way on this information.

The linked event page is not this year’s event page, and the schedules cited are not necessary accurate for this year. So please wait for the new page so you can see how we’re doing things — and what we’re doing.

Also, team members will be hopping around both the NA and EU servers, so we’ll do our best to engage on a global basis.

I’m really looking forward to this and hope to see you there!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

By the way Gaile my dearest, you are of course formally invited to The Horrorween. After all, you’ve been a regular since its very early beginnings (or perhaps I should say, your ancestors from 250 years ago were). And by all means, bring a friend! Because this year’s Horrorween promises to be quite special. So get ready for a spooktastic adventure!

We have fun, games, corpses, riddles, chainsaws, fabulous prizes, and clowns with chainsaws… basically everything to make a Halloween celebration unforgettable!

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: Daniel Frozenwind.2946

Daniel Frozenwind.2946

One (1) Snowman Helm required. 100k + XXX Ecto.

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Any chance for a re-release of the Stalwart armor set? Maybe it can be obtainable during this year’s Halloween PvP track?

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: Acinonyx Rex.8609

Acinonyx Rex.8609

I hope there is not too much RNG involved in obtaining the new dyes

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: Tingur of Gladden.1462

Tingur of Gladden.1462

A permanent makeover kit would really suit the Halloween theme, ArenaNet pls

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Please, don’t bring back the 2012 BLC skins. Please, let there be some prestige old-time items in this game. The veterans who where there had their chance.
And why should new players access the skins while they weren’t around the first time?
Why should everybody have everything? When that day comes in GW2, it will be a really sad day.
So Anet, when end-game is about fasion, please don’t disappoint your older player base.

I played right through from release date -3 days, before that I played GW1, so I am an old player base person. I counter why not bring these back? You have had plenty of time to enjoy them so why not others getting the same chance? To be honest your words sound just a bit selfish.

There are those who have been playing equally long as you but for whatever reason didn’t get them, why shouldn’t they be given a second chance?

Prestige… in a casual MMO where there’s no distinction grinding for the best power items, skins/fashion is what sets players apart. If you were there and got the items, it shows you’ve been around, you’re a vet who has been loyal player of the game for 3+ years, but for every special skin they bring back, everything gets dilluted and there’s nothing to set you apart from anyone else.

They should keep adding special skins every year and make every year memorable for current players, but stop with bringing back all these special skins they did before. OR – if they won’t do that, at least cut the crap and bring back EVERYTHING, yea I’m talking molten jetpacks, molten berserker minis, etc. etc.

They can’t on one hand go ‘nah, no items will be special’ but at the same time not bring back some skins thus making them even more special. Seeing as I don’t see them dumping all removed skins back into the game, I’m not for returning 1st year Halloween skins either due to my primary reason above.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: Zendra.4509

Zendra.4509

I’m thrilled to know there will be a Halloween event this year!! Tis the most wonderful time of the year.
Hope to see you all around and enjoying the game! Mayhaps we can even run around together!

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

While I will probably look at the HOT stuff when we get the non-beta version I will be playing haloween more. I do not even plan on insta-leveling a revenant until the week after release (my next 20 scroll drops on the 27th).

It is unfortunate HOT did not come out in late August or September. This way they will have a chance to do a final shakedown or two before a lot of people are using it though.

(edited by Menadena.7482)

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: TerminalMontage.5693

TerminalMontage.5693

..So do we not know exactly when the Halloween event will start still?

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: Hunter.6950

Hunter.6950

Why is the question of why reapers rumble and the mad king dungeon were removed dodged and ignored…I guess we’ll just have to wait/hope until the event page is updated.

Dragons’ Solstice [SoL]
Maguuma Server

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Is there really anything that constitutes rewarding coming from the Halaloween event this year? Just wondering if I should log on and do any of it since I’ve done all the basic Halloween achievements over and over again already.

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: Kendra Nightwind.8734

Kendra Nightwind.8734

mad kings clocktower… cant wait

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: Tman.8325

Tman.8325

You have no idea how happy this news makes me. Halloween was the first celebratory event that I participated in, and I was absorbed in the game nearly the entire time. I waited with baited breath for the Mad King’s Fest to roll in once more, especially after seeing the newly designed Lion’s Arch and imagining how it would look during the .

I was concerned that with the Heart of Thorns launch, the Arenanet Team would nix the Mad King’s Fest in lieu of the expansion. Hearing official verification that the festivities will be held this year is a relief. My guild mates will be happy to hear this as well.

Thank you so much, Gaile, and many thanks to everyone at Arenanet working hard to keep us entertained! I hope to see you in game!

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: The Pied Piper.9827

The Pied Piper.9827

Will Mini Gwynefyrdd still be available in this years trick or treat bags? Have given my friend thousands of bags with no luck and they really want it.

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Will Mini Gwynefyrdd still be available in this years trick or treat bags? Have given my friend thousands of bags with no luck and they really want it.

Hopefully they learned their lesson with last years (doubt it though…) and at the very least make him tradeable, if not available for a set amount of X at the vendor.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/halloween-is-coming/

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/october-23-2015/

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

I might have to walk back my previous comments to gaile earlier… if this pans out like they have said, this is going to be a halloween to remember! I like whats in the announcement, now lets see if they can pay out as promised!

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: LaserEyes.2613

LaserEyes.2613

Yea! My guild, Spectral Legion [SL] will be having an event and will post the details in the next few days. We’re so excited to celebrate!!

Gladiolus – Xinrae [SL]:http://spectrallegion.com/
SoR

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: DBZVelena.5186

DBZVelena.5186

Yay, Halloween fun like year 1 and new loots.

Proud Medic of the Splinter Warband. PM me to know more.

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

Can we see Reaper’s Rumble come back as well?
That was my favorite minigame from the first year event.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

(edited by Zalani.9827)

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: XDeathShadowX.2619

XDeathShadowX.2619

It’s sweet getting the dungeon and labyrinth at the same time. I hope that we can see Reapers Rumble come back, and I hope there aren’t any ridiculously scarce lotteries like the ghost puppy from ToT bags or shiny wrappers for skins.

HoT content will have to be on delay, unless the process to unlock elite specs is relatively painless. I’d really like to get the elite specs and then get used to the skills as I butcher things in the labyrinth.

New skins are nice too, I’ll have to look into snagging those back items, and some minis if the mood strikes me.

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Hopefully they fixed that exploit location in the townspeople vs ghost event. Thats just bullkitten that they can get to a spot the ghosts can’t even do anything.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: Torvic.8256

Torvic.8256

Halloween is the best event of the year.

What is the worst event of the year?

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Based on yearly events (and not promo events), none. Anet has always had a great track record when it came to holiday events. They were always extremely well done and fun to boot. Even in GW1, the yearly holiday events were a sight. It was always one thing I could count on with Anet to exceed at.

But if you just want basic events, including promos for upcoming content, then check out the Karka Invasion (which was still fun, but a disaster at the same time). Or the more recent Mordrem Invasion…. just ouch.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: Torvic.8256

Torvic.8256

Based on yearly events (and not promo events), none. Anet has always had a great track record when it came to holiday events. They were always extremely well done and fun to boot. Even in GW1, the yearly holiday events were a sight. It was always one thing I could count on with Anet to exceed at.

But if you just want basic events, including promos for upcoming content, then check out the Karka Invasion (which was still fun, but a disaster at the same time). Or the more recent Mordrem Invasion…. just ouch.

Thank you for the info and I totally agree. ANet has always done the holiday events right!

It’’s too bad that Cantha isn’t currently accessible in GW2 since the Canthan New Year holiday events in GW1 were always fun as well.

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

Just for fun here’s a old vid of Gw1’s Halloween event.

Sadly he doesn’t kill you in the Mad King Says anymore…
And of course there was also: Horrorween.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

(edited by Zalani.9827)

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

Holiday’s in both
April Fool’s Day
Anniversary Celebration
Halloween
Wintersday

Holiday’s in GW1
Pirate Week
Canthan New Year
Lucky Treats Week
Sweet Treats Week
Dragon Festival
Wintersday in July

I sure miss all the holiday’s from the first GW. Glad some made it into GW2 thou.

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

The Mordrem event.

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

Are the events and dungeons status being reseted? if we completed it last season do we get to start the events from scratch again?.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: Brostrodon.1657

Brostrodon.1657

OMG, i just thought. Gaile are there ever going to be guild hall decorations from festivals like the mad king and winters day we could collect for our halls?!? I just thought how awesome that would be!

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: Bitoku Kishi.8346

Bitoku Kishi.8346

I like the sound of the event this year, the Mad King fight the first year was the most interesting Halloween related thing they’ve done in my opinion, so I’m glad to see it returning.
I’m not thrilled about it coming out on HoT release day though. I really think they should have started Halloween at least a few days if not a week before HoT.

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

And of course there was also: Horrorween.

Fortunately, Horrorween returns once again to Tyria!

Check out the event page!

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: tasior.5736

tasior.5736

Finaly ! Can’t wait.

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

Halloween is coming to Tyria! We’re really looking forward to the return of everyone’s favorite pumpkin-headed monarch, Mad King Thorn, and his motley mass of mischievous minions.

While many of us at ArenaNet will be joining the game often during the Halloween festival, team members are going to make a special effort to join players in the game on Friday, October 30. We’ll be hanging out in Lion’s Arch, joining with players in a few rounds of “Mad King Says” or other seasonal activities, and hopping into a few of the many player-organized events that take place on that date.

If your guild or group is holding an event in Lion’s Arch on October 30, let us know by posting in this thread. Provide the group name, time (with time zone), your game world, and a few details about your planned activities. If we’re able to do so, we’ll stop by and visit with you for a bit!

We also wanted to mention that we’ve scheduled a new episode of the Community Showcase Live livestream for Wednesday, October 28 at Noon Pacific Time (17:00 UTC). The show is presented in English, but art is “the universal language” and we feel that everyone will enjoy the visuals no matter what language they speak. If you’re an artist, crafter, or other creative sort, please consider posting your creations in our Community Creations Forum. Lizzie and I may be able to feature them in a future show!

Get ready to celebrate Halloween, Tyria Style!

I did hear Halloween would only be 2 weeks. Can you consider leaving it in a 4 weeks? It’s the best GW2 festival there is, great atmosphere. Just leave it in 4 weeks, after that it’s gone again for another year.

Halloween Event - Yay!

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

OMG, i just thought. Gaile are there ever going to be guild hall decorations from festivals like the mad king and winters day we could collect for our halls?!? I just thought how awesome that would be!

That would be… shockingly and entirely and stupendously awesome, I agree! I’m going to nab the first person I see and ask about this. I may not be able to answer right away, but the idea, if not already planned, is a great thing to get “on the radar.”

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

Halloween is coming to Tyria! We’re really looking forward to the return of everyone’s favorite pumpkin-headed monarch, Mad King Thorn, and his motley mass of mischievous minions.

While many of us at ArenaNet will be joining the game often during the Halloween festival, team members are going to make a special effort to join players in the game on Friday, October 30. We’ll be hanging out in Lion’s Arch, joining with players in a few rounds of “Mad King Says” or other seasonal activities, and hopping into a few of the many player-organized events that take place on that date.

If your guild or group is holding an event in Lion’s Arch on October 30, let us know by posting in this thread. Provide the group name, time (with time zone), your game world, and a few details about your planned activities. If we’re able to do so, we’ll stop by and visit with you for a bit!

We also wanted to mention that we’ve scheduled a new episode of the Community Showcase Live livestream for Wednesday, October 28 at Noon Pacific Time (17:00 UTC). The show is presented in English, but art is “the universal language” and we feel that everyone will enjoy the visuals no matter what language they speak. If you’re an artist, crafter, or other creative sort, please consider posting your creations in our Community Creations Forum. Lizzie and I may be able to feature them in a future show!

Get ready to celebrate Halloween, Tyria Style!

I did hear Halloween would only be 2 weeks. Can you consider leaving it in a 4 weeks? It’s the best GW2 festival there is, great atmosphere. Just leave it in 4 weeks, after that it’s gone again for another year.

agree. really enjoy the event/atmosphere…..and its actually rewarding in terms of: loot, earn-able rewards,and rng items (for those that like that kinda thing).

considering it overlaps the launch of HoT, extending it longer than 2 weeks would be really nice.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Halloween Event - Yay!

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Hello, my fellow Halloween Fanatics,

I don’t think the team can extend the holiday in any form, as there are other things coming, and all the various teams within the development team need to get everything properly scheduled and good to go.

I decorate my house for more than a month in celebration of Halloween, and I do see how extending the festival is a tempting idea. However, with the knowledge that “other cool stuff is coming,” I hope you’ll agree that two weeks is a goodly time period this year. (We can hope for a slightly longer festival next year, perhaps? I don’t know that, but we can hope. )

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: Daniel Frozenwind.2946

Daniel Frozenwind.2946

Short and sweet, just how I like my Candy Corn. o/

….I’ll see myself out.

One (1) Snowman Helm required. 100k + XXX Ecto.

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: Wolfey.3407

Wolfey.3407

Only thing I do not like about this, is that both Halloween & HoT share the same release day.

Former PvP Forum Specialist
2015-2016
Fort Aspenwood

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

Hello, my fellow Halloween Fanatics,

I don’t think the team can extend the holiday in any form, as there are other things coming, and all the various teams within the development team need to get everything properly scheduled and good to go.

I decorate my house for more than a month in celebration of Halloween, and I do see how extending the festival is a tempting idea. However, with the knowledge that “other cool stuff is coming,” I hope you’ll agree that two weeks is a goodly time period this year. (We can hope for a slightly longer festival next year, perhaps? I don’t know that, but we can hope. )

And we are all very excited for that other stuff, thing is, that will stay forever, while Halloween will be gone for another year.

Anyway, I completely understand it would likely mess with the schedule and already figured that would likely be the reason.

As GW2 players we are obviously all used to completely bug-free releases. But maybe, in the extremely unlikely scenario that you might have some bug-issues with the new released content, I would suggest to then in that unlikely scenario, extend Halloween a bid longer. Giving the developers the time to fix problems.

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: Lange Demon.8953

Lange Demon.8953

That would be… shockingly and entirely and stupendously awesome, I agree! I’m going to nab the first person I see and ask about this. I may not be able to answer right away, but the idea, if not already planned, is a great thing to get “on the radar.”

I really hope we’ll get those decorations…
WAIT! WHAT!
“on the radar”?
What happened to the table? o.o

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

I don’t see any mention of Lunatic Inquistion on the release page.

Does this mean that achievements will not require 80 games this year? If yes, great!

Actually, if that’s true, and halloween is just the maze, clock tower, short mini dungeon (presumably limited to daily attempts either account or character bound), and town festivities, then there should be plenty of time to farm up the new halloween weapons (or recipes for them), play in the WvW maps and start on guild hall & hot content.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

(edited by nekretaal.6485)

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Hopefully they release cat ears for Halloween.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

Okay so I know the expansion is coming out too and i am excited for that because I am going to live inside the guild halls!

BUT

Is anyone else just as excited as me for Mad King Thorn coming back this month?!

This and Wintersday are my two faves and I am sooooooo excited!!! This may be the year I complete the clocktower!

I hope others are as excited as I am!!!

Get your halloween costumes ready! I can’t wait to see them!

Attachments:

Halloween Event - Yay!

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

This may be the year I complete the clocktower!

worst player ever.

Just joking