Halloween Labyrinth Mastery XP?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: fourhim.3584

fourhim.3584

I’ve read/been told that this Labyrinth “zerg” is a fast way to get Tyria XP? Is this correct? I’m trying to reach the Auto-loot/Swiftness stage of Mastery.

My main is an 80 Ranger. I’ve read a lot about “tagging”, but I don’t understand it really well. As best I can tell, I want my pet and I to hit as many targets as possible? If this is right, what are the best weapon and pet combos to use?

I know Longbow 5, and Axe 2 can hit multiple targets at once (and Axe 2 only has a 4.8 sec cooldown right now). For Pets, what about Drakes, because they Cleave and also have some AOE F2 skills?

I get bored of monotony pretty quickly, which is why I want to get this done in the fastest/most efficient way possible. Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

Don’t forget boosters.. it looks like ur account is at least 3 years old so u should have plenty of that (assuming u have multiple alts).

Exp booster (laureate) + birthday blaster + potion of scarlet slaying + enchanted boost (if you have) + guild exp boost + exp enrichment/infusion + celebration bonus

Arun Kar

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You’ll probably have issues tagging mobs if you’re not at the front of the Zerg as it roams. You’ll still get some but not all. However, there is a flamethrower consumable that you can use that would fix that.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Flame_Thrower

I would use boosters. You can get kne type from the laurel merchant for 1 laurel. There’s the infusion, banners, and guild boosts. Halloween food and utilities are great too. I wasn’t using all of these but was earning 3K from regular mobs and 5K from veterans. It’s possible to gain 256K XP in a minute although it’s not consistent since that relies on several factors.

Posted by: Kreejaffa.3682

Kreejaffa.3682

Run staff guardian. Tag all the things.

Kreejaffa [Ferguson’s Crossing]
Leader of Looking For Gandalf [LFG]
Worst Commander of Ferguson’s Crossing (Self Proclaimed)

Posted by: fourhim.3584

fourhim.3584

Actually I have an 80 Engineer too. Is flamethrower better?

Why staff guardian? (I have an 80 Guardian too)

Posted by: StAllerdyce.3941

StAllerdyce.3941

Guardian staff is basically a shotgun. Short range but wide area of effect, hits 5 enemies, just spam 1.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Staff auto attack covers a wide conic spread in front of the players out a decent distance. It’s probably the best weaponskill for tagging.

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Staff auto attack covers a wide conic spread in front of the players out a decent distance. It’s probably the best weaponskill for tagging.

Yup, that’s why its nickname is the “loot stick.”

~EW