Halloween: Mini rip-off

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tekey.7946

Tekey.7946

Some people pointed out that the price for a Mini Bloody Prince Thorn is contradictory:

• Official Halloween vendor: 10.000 CC
  • Sonder the Seller: 6000 CC

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Candy_Corn_Cob

The other question I have: Is it possible to get 120.000 Candy Corn in 2 weeks? Without using the trading post?

We’ve got Mini Gwynefyrdd (110k) and the Shadow Raven (120k). How do you feel about these prices?

(edited by Tekey.7946)

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

The other question I have: Is it possible to get 120.000 Candy Corn in 2 weeks? Without using the trading post?

You have 13 days to find out, and you didn’t list a first question.

We’ve got Mini Gwynefyrdd (110k) and the Shadow Raven (120k). How do you feel about these prices?

I could care less. If they don’t drop for me from a ToT bag, I’m not getting them.

Posted by: Tekey.7946

Tekey.7946

You have 13 days to find out, and you didn’t list a first question.

I thought it would be clear, maybe I forgot a word:

Mini Bloody Prince Thorn

Why?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I think they are prices which take into account draining the accumulation on the tp. Im not in agreement this is the right approach, since I prefer festival rewards to be obtainable within the short span they appear in, rather than being fir the rich or carrying over year on year.

Half the amount would have sufficed. When the economy takes precedent over having fun during a festival, it takes a little of the fun out of things.

Thats just me, I appreciate others think differently on it.

Posted by: darksoverign.5360

darksoverign.5360

you can always pull out your CC and get the candy for $$$ lol if your too lazy to farm the labarinth 24/7 for the next 2 weeks.

Posted by: Felahr.9830

Felahr.9830

People hes not asking why the prices are high, hes asking why theres a MASSIVE discrepancy between the two sellers. they should cost the same, either 6000 or 10000

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Ah now, you see, the official vendor has overheads. He has to pay top rent for that prime pitch. The other fella is tucked away in a back alley. Not much passing trade for him.

You should really buy the minis online from the imaginary game ebay clone.

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

I think they are prices which take into account draining the accumulation on the tp. Im not in agreement this is the right approach, since I prefer festival rewards to be obtainable within the short span they appear in, rather than being fir the rich or carrying over year on year.

Half the amount would have sufficed. When the economy takes precedent over having fun during a festival, it takes a little of the fun out of things.

Thats just me, I appreciate others think differently on it.

+1

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

Ah now, you see, the official vendor has overheads. He has to pay top rent for that prime pitch. The other fella is tucked away in a back alley. Not much passing trade for him.

You should really buy the minis online from the imaginary game ebay clone.

And take money away from local business? No thank you. That guy in the alley has bills too. Just because he can’t afford prime oceanfront property doesn’t mean he’s not running a legitimate business.

Support Lion’s Arch! Buy local!

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Some people pointed out that the price for a Mini Bloody Prince Thorn is contradictory:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Candy_Corn_Cob

It might have been overlooked by the ANet devs… mistakes happen. It might have be that the way prices are programmed into these specific vendors they have a lot of difficulty reprogramming them. It might be a trick to go along with the treat. It might be that the devs purposely do things like this to keep these forums active. Regardless, buyer beware.

If I were still a teenager, and playing hooky from school I’d give it a go. But, I’m many years and many gained responsibilities away from that time.

I don’t care. They look cool, but there’s a lot of cool looking stuff in the game. I have other treadmills more enjoyable to pursue. Congrats to any who has the desire, money, and time to get one.

~EW

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

The two expensive minis exist to suck excess candy corn (from maize balm farm 2 years ago) off the market.

They aren’t for normal players, but if mini Gwenefred returned this year then he and the Raven will probably return again. If you really want him, you can farm him over several Halloweens.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.