Halloween for Vets

Halloween for Vets

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rococo.8347

Rococo.8347

I decided to avoid HoT for a few days and spend some time on Halloween but im starting to wonder is there any point for Vets?

I already did all the achievs in previous years and spendt some time in the Lab and nothing new dropped after opening 200 bags – just the usual rubbish so im presuming the drop rate is rough, I recall getting personalised bags with better drop rates from the Lab bosses last year – this seems to have stopped.

Frankly having opened all my stashed SW champ bags last night the thought of farming and opening tonnes of bags for the slight chance of new items makes me lose the will to live – ive aslo heard the old pvp style game has gone aswell – am I missing something here? is this event more geared to those who haven’t taken part before?

Halloween for Vets

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Yeah, drop rate for the new stuff seems crap. But then the Halloween stuff always has crap drop rate’s.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Halloween for Vets

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

umm.. wut? The drop rates for the rare items was lowered, A LOT. Everything in ToT bags is much more common now.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Halloween for Vets

Posted by: Blair.3796

Blair.3796

I got a mini devil dog from a stack of bags. People are saying the necklaces and other old rewards are dropping more frequently. Frankly, I’m having fun running with new players who are doing it for the first time.

Halloween for Vets

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

I only ran around lab for maybe 15 mins if that. Already got axe drop, headpiece drop and a new mini.. Maybe I just got lucky.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Halloween for Vets

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

umm.. wut? The drop rates for the rare items was lowered, A LOT. Everything in ToT bags is much more common now.

You mean “increased” I suppose.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Halloween for Vets

Posted by: cerberouse.7680

cerberouse.7680

I only ran around lab for maybe 15 mins if that. Already got axe drop, headpiece drop and a new mini.. Maybe I just got lucky.

Could i get you to post the Headpiece and Axe? ; . ; I can’t find a good picture of any of the halloween stuff anywhere outside of my own Devil Dog that i pulled after 200+ Bags :s

Halloween for Vets

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

You mean “increased” I suppose.

Yes TY I’m honestly SO fuming mad on the subject economics in game right now, I can’t even think straight.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Halloween for Vets

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Could i get you to post the Headpiece and Axe? ; . ; I can’t find a good picture of any of the halloween stuff anywhere outside of my own Devil Dog that i pulled after 200+ Bags :s

Sure here are some SS.. Headpiece is more for LOL’s it looks. The mouth of the karka looks like it is eating my hair as it moves around a bit

Sorry been busy in HoT. Didn’t realize you posted 4 hours ago :/

Attachments:

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

(edited by briggah.7910)

Halloween for Vets

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

That is the best helmet in the game. Must have.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Halloween for Vets

Rococo.8347

Ok – ive now opened 400 bags and not had anything drop apart from the usual Halloween food, chattering skulls etc – that seems like a lot when drop rates are now supposed to be good?

Halloween for Vets

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Ok – ive now opened 400 bags and not had anything drop apart from the usual Halloween food, chattering skulls etc – that seems like a lot when drop rates are now supposed to be good?

Yeah, I’ve had the same. Still early in the event yet, but still. Once I’ve done the achievements, I’ll probably go play HoT, or work on my rev. Seeing as Halloween is not advancing masteries.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Halloween for Vets

Posted by: NeyteriKiyeri.4207

NeyteriKiyeri.4207

I got the karka helmet en de devil dog yesterday out of the bags. Last year i didnt got any special, so i dont complain.

Karka on your face helmet is funny, hehee

Follow your heart and your dreams won’t be far behind.

Halloween for Vets

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

One word, Fun. If its not your thing don’t do it.
Personally I think the Halloween events are the best of yearly events, and cant stop giggling at the Mad King’s jokes, even though I have heard tham all a hundred times. The clock tower is still a challenge, and a blast, and I only really do it for the challenge

(and yes, I am a vet for my sins)

Halloween for Vets

Rococo.8347

Considering I was just asking about drop rates please don’t turn this into some opportunity to lecture about ‘fun’ when its got nothing to do with the question…

Everyone is saying drops are common and 600 bags later I haven’t got anything drop other than teeth, skulls, etc which incidentally you cant even spend at the vendor this year – so you can now only upgrade them if you want to make the very rare weapons with Gifts.

And no Dyes either…and the personalised ToT bags don’t drop when they used to either – basically I think its been nerfed and I don’t care how much I normally enjoy Halloween – in a world where they are nerfing everything right now in terms of rewards it grinds my gears.