Halloween is to easy

Halloween is to easy

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

I cant speak for everyone else but i find the content to be horrible to play.

I use to look forward to this because the JP is great, the LAB was fun (when the monsters could actually kill you) and there was just a bunch of fun side things to do.

I mean the doors use to pop up in random areas of the world of Tyria and its kind of a naw ill do something else.

I have a small guild and around 5-10 play solid and 5-6 rep the guild (the build has been getting smaller) but we are trying to farm the event simply for pumpkin decorations. 3 of us have all ready kind of tired out of playing this halloween event for 1 hour.

Literally go into the JP and get 5 bags, naw this is no could cant farm it. Go into the LAB with a zerg or heck in i can solo all the bosses now and even if 2 of them pop up next to each other. I can kill both of them on my necro. Then the dungeon, this is just sad to me.

The dungeon the Mad King dies without even a fight. We literally spent more time listening to him talk then actually fighting him.

I can speak for myself and 2 other guild mates. We are not having fun with the Halloween content simply because of how boring its gotten since we all have ascended gear, better traits, and now 30-30-30 buffs and everything is so easy to kill.

1 other member is farming like crazy and doesnt mind it and i assume there are many like that but my goodness this was just sad to me.

Halloween is to easy

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

The Mad King is very easy to kill solo, and was like that last year too. The only “hard” part is during Mad King says because you need to do the emotes while under attack. But I don’t think he was meant to be hard anyway, it’s a level 2 dungeon after all, that scales everyone up.

The Lab bosses are mostly the same other than the Lich which was nerfed harder than a raid chronomancer (or viper necromancer). The random lab mobs are the same as always. Keep in mind that the Lab is where low level characters go, those don’t have access to HoT elite specs yet and are generally weaker than characters in full Ascended with their elite specs unlocked.

It’s easy but it’s supposed to be. LS3 episode 3 on the other hand… rolls eyes

Halloween is to easy

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

It’s a holiday activity, usually you want to include as many people as possible in them. I couldn’t imagine the heart break of just starting the game and seeing all the festivities and being unable to partake in them.

Halloween is to easy

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Last year, very few people had elite specs and lots of folks were power-leveling revenants in the lab. This year, veterans have perfected their farming builds and are better organized, so of course the zerg steamrolls everything so quickly that DR kicks in.

I can’t promise that ANet didn’t nerf mobs/bosses or increase the reset time on ‘doors’ or change DR. However, given that everyone acknowledges that ANet didn’t spend much time on the event, isn’t it more plausible to believe that we’re simply more experienced and efficient now?

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Halloween is to easy

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

isn’t it more plausible to believe that we’re simply more experienced and efficient now?

Exactly. Mechanics changed, people adapted, new builds evolved, and here we are.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Halloween is to easy

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I can’t promise that ANet didn’t nerf mobs/bosses or increase the reset time on ‘doors’ or change DR. However, given that everyone acknowledges that ANet didn’t spend much time on the event, isn’t it more plausible to believe that we’re simply more experienced and efficient now?

The Lich was nerfed, I don’t think the other bosses did. The Lich doesn’t summon many adds (if any?) and doesn’t give them boons. Used to apply regeneration, protection and retaliation on all the adds.

Halloween is to easy

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

I’m okay with halloween being easy, but I want some optional challenging side quests. Some person suggested earlier to have an achievement for finishing Mad King JP the maximum amount of times (without falling once) during the 15 min match. Or something similar. No need to include it in the big meta achievement (so casuals can finish it easily), just have it as an optional thing for people who like challenge. Farming Lab is so dull and boring I’m not gonna do it no matter how profitable it is.

Edit: Also, as far as buffs/nerfs go, last year (IIRC, correct me if I’m wrong) enemies didn’t have breakbars, it was purely a HoT thing that they added retroactively to core tyria some time later. That alone is 50% dmg buff to players and 5 sec disable for the boss. Also, since HoT was just coming out, I believe not many people had their elite spec unlocked, let alone understand how it works and play the rotations correctly. After a year, almost everyone has elite spec fully unlocked and can perform the rotations resonably well, which adds to the power creep quite a bit as well.

(edited by Tarasicodissa.7084)

Halloween is to easy

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Skeletons still apply those boons on their own. But since the skeleton spawn amount is severely capped, the zerg can easily kill most of them before they have a chance to apply them.

Halloween is to easy

kdaddy.5431

Last year, very few people had elite specs and lots of folks were power-leveling revenants in the lab. This year, veterans have perfected their farming builds and are better organized, so of course the zerg steamrolls everything so quickly that DR kicks in.

I guess you could say that but that still doesnt help game play.

I mean when the hardest part of the dungeon is jumping from the rocks to down below, isnt something wrong?

Saying we got better is dependent on who is playing. We have had 30-30-30 bump in specs/ boons and skill upgrades for raids/ and HOT specs that deliver way more healing /sustain/dps then core GW2.

Im simply wondering where the balance is. I want everyone to enjoy the content because this was a really fun event. Yet when people are saying soloing the dungeon is really easy because its level 2.

I mean who is this game even for anymore? Level 2 F2P players?

(edited by kdaddy.5431)

Halloween is to easy

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I love easy! Games are not exams, they are supposed to be easy. :P

Halloween is to easy

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

I mean who is this game even for anymore?

Me.

There’s content that I can unwind with when I get home for work. And, there’s content that I can challenge myself with on the weekends when I have more time to play.

Lab and (I found out soloing last night) Ascent fit in the former category, which I love both being that way. Clocktower and a lot of non-Halloween content fits into the latter category.

~EW

Halloween is to easy

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

This is a holiday – not raids. It’s here to be fun and farmable.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Halloween is to easy

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

I only like easy. Of the combat things when the prince was around I did that instance once a day because I liked it. Couldn’t figure out the Mad King fight so never did that.
Other than that it’s mostly been the clock tower. And I liked the pumpkins. Ignored all the rest of the things.

let the sky fall

Halloween is to easy

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Literally go into the JP and get 5 bags

Back in 2012, the clock tower gave like 8x the rewards. A random 10-20 from the chest, another 15 from the chests up the path every other run, and you could run it back to back without having to wait. In 2013, it was heavily nerfed because candy corn was too common and probably because of botters teleporting to the end. Unfortunately, those nerfs made it not worth doing, as zerging the lab gave more rewards in a single AoE.

The Lich doesn’t summon many adds (if any?) and doesn’t give them boons. Used to apply regeneration, protection and retaliation on all the adds.

The adds are summoned on every player that doesn’t evade when the ground goes black. The boons are applied a second or two after they spawn, but if you have heavy AoE, you can kill them prior to that. Personally, the lich feels the same, just with much less health. Although people feared it in the past, it was really never a problem. It was just that the casual zergs would get wrecked when they spawned 20+ skeletons with retaliation all over the place, whereas stacked groups would AoE them down without an issue. There are solo videos from years past if someone wants to really compare them.

I can kill both of them on my necro.

If you wanted a challenge, you probably shouldn’t be playing a necro. All the bosses have always been soloable though and the dungeon is essentially a solo instance, since like all festival dungeons, it’s balanced for casual low levels.

Halloween is to easy

kdaddy.5431

Literally go into the JP and get 5 bags

Back in 2012, the clock tower gave like 8x the rewards. A random 10-20 from the chest, another 15 from the chests up the path every other run, and you could run it back to back without having to wait. In 2013, it was heavily nerfed because candy corn was too common and probably because of botters teleporting to the end. Unfortunately, those nerfs made it not worth doing, as zerging the lab gave more rewards in a single AoE.

The Lich doesn’t summon many adds (if any?) and doesn’t give them boons. Used to apply regeneration, protection and retaliation on all the adds.

The adds are summoned on every player that doesn’t evade when the ground goes black. The boons are applied a second or two after they spawn, but if you have heavy AoE, you can kill them prior to that. Personally, the lich feels the same, just with much less health. Although people feared it in the past, it was really never a problem. It was just that the casual zergs would get wrecked when they spawned 20+ skeletons with retaliation all over the place, whereas stacked groups would AoE them down without an issue. There are solo videos from years past if someone wants to really compare them.

I can kill both of them on my necro.

If you wanted a challenge, you probably shouldn’t be playing a necro. All the bosses have always been soloable though and the dungeon is essentially a solo instance, since like all festival dungeons, it’s balanced for casual low levels.

I guess i need to step back and say ok i guess other people are having fun with is so i should just sit down and im willing to accept that.

Also i just solo the skeletal chainsaw guy and the one coming from the door on my rev and warrior too. Same time, i couldnt do it with my glass thief or chrono mesmer but im 100% sure i could kill multiple bosses on probably 6 out of the 9 classes i got.

Im not asking it to be challenging like a raid, heck im not even asking for it to be t4 fractal hard. Im simply asking for some resistance, i you can bench press 135 lb 28 times and do 6 sets. Would it be ok to add a tiny bit of weight to it so maybe you are only doing 20 reps? Nothing crazy, i shouldnt be able to solo bosses smashing the 1 button and simply move around. Dodging not necessary.

I can accept that Halloween is no longer for me but it kind of sucks since i used to enjoy this event.

Halloween is to easy

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

The Lich was nerfed, I don’t think the other bosses did. The Lich doesn’t summon many adds (if any?) and doesn’t give them boons. Used to apply regeneration, protection and retaliation on all the adds.

The Lich was always easy. The zerg just didn’t know how to dodge his skeleton summoning attack. I developed a bit of a habit of soloing him last year. I haven’t had the chance to fight him this year though.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690