Halloween release time.

Halloween release time.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: zaxziakohl.5243

zaxziakohl.5243

Q:

So I’m uber excited about the halloween thing. Today is the 21st, and I’m wondering if they will release the Halloween content at 12:00am Pacific on the 22nd, or if it’s just going to be at some random time during the 22nd…

Any insight will be appreciated as this will determine how long I stay up tonight! So excited!

P.S. I hope act 2 is particularly amazing as it starts on my B-day!!!!

(edited by zaxziakohl.5243)

Halloween release time.

Posted by: Masaki.2153

Masaki.2153

Happy Birthday!

I have no idea when but just wanted to wish you well on your day

Halloween release time.

Posted by: Greencactaur.4396

Greencactaur.4396

Early Happy birthday, and yeah I don’t think they mentioned a specific time other then October 22nd =\.

Halloween release time.

Posted by: TimeBomb.3427

TimeBomb.3427

Hehe, happy birthday.

And I’d also be interested in knowing if it’s worth staying up to play when the patch is released X hours after midnight on the 22nd, or if it’s going to be released mid/late day and we shouldn’t bother pulling an all nighter.

Halloween release time.

zaxziakohl.5243

Thanks for the B-day wishes guys lol.

I know TimeBomb right?! I mean if it releases right away, then I’ll stay up and check it all out, if it doesn’t release till midafternoon, I want to make sure I get enough sleep so I’m nice and fresh when it is released!

Halloween release time.

Posted by: MikeRocks.9243

MikeRocks.9243

Haha, I think you’re overthinking it. It starts the 22nd and the first phase of the Halloween event takes place on the 26th, so you’ve got plenty of time. No need to rush it the instant it becomes available.

Get some sleep, dude! :P

Seriously, though, I wouldn’t be surprised if it hit somewhere between midnight and 2am PST. It also might take some time to actually get running, though, since it’s a content patch as well. So the servers might not even be up for a few hours after the patch.

The Long Road
Goal: To have one character of every race, gender, and armor class combination at level 80.
Current progress: Human 4/6 | Charr 1/6 | Norn 1/6 | Sylvari 1/6 | Asura 1/6 | Total: 8/30

Halloween release time.

Posted by: Kaspanova.7293

Kaspanova.7293

I’m going to hit the sack at normal time, but I would be overjoyed if I could play a little Halloween beforehand

What timezone does GW2 normally update in? PST?

Caskia – The Small Norn

Halloween release time.

zaxziakohl.5243

Lol Mike. I’m one of those people (I do this with all the games I play even when I don’t like them) That gets uber excited about content and HAS to see it when it’s released.

Granted I’m positive I won’t be able to see it all. I love being there right when it opens.

I rush to see the release, but I savor the flavor so to speak. I take my time getting through the content.

Oh and Act 1 starts the 22nd, it’s Act 2 that’s the 26th Trust me I’m keeping track! It’s like an awesome sauce of a present! Hence me hoping Act 2 is amazing….And Icould be wrong but I would bet money that the monthly achieve deals with completing or participating in each of the 4 acts…

@Kaspanova yes they usually update PST/PDT (I can’t remember if it’s Daylight savings or not) lol since I’m in the USA and my state does DLST

(edited by zaxziakohl.5243)

Halloween release time.

Kaspanova.7293

Thanks! If it does update at midnight PST, i probably wont see it as that would be am morning for me. 23:20 now in UK

Caskia – The Small Norn

Halloween release time.

zaxziakohl.5243

Lol check it when you wake up! :P

I know it’s stupid but I keep refreshing the Shadow of the Mad King page hoping it mysteriously is updated and parts with more info than it has previously….

Halloween release time.

Posted by: TimeBomb.3427

TimeBomb.3427

I find that they often patch in the evening, if not 1-2 hours into the next day post-patch. i.e. They say there will be a patch on the 20th, but they implement the patch at 1 or 2am on the 21st. That’s happened once or twice, though they often get it in the late evening, 8-11ish. I’m hoping it’s the early morning on the day of the patch rather than evening.

Halloween release time.

Kaspanova.7293

I will! xD

But 15:30 PST would suit me a treat for work reasons lol

Caskia – The Small Norn

Halloween release time.

zaxziakohl.5243

I think I’d die of anticipation if they waited till the evening of the 22nd! ArenaNet please please please please please please please! Release tonight/in the morning! begs

Nope I’m not at all excited….

On that note, any chance we can get an official answer?

Halloween release time.

Kaspanova.7293

hehehe i see you had a small panic attack then. Yeah an answer would be great!

Caskia – The Small Norn

Halloween release time.

Posted by: Zii.4578

Zii.4578

As it’s specified on the 22nd for France too, that means you’ll have it by the end of the afternoon in the US If you would have had it at late night that would have meant that we couldn’t have played the event until the 23rd.

[LIFE] Zii Lodia

Halloween release time.

Posted by: coglin.1496

coglin.1496

The US and EU servers do not update off of the same time patterns to my knowledge.

Poor craftsman blame their tools. Poor players blame their Engineer.

Halloween release time.

zaxziakohl.5243

As it’s specified on the 22nd for France too, that means you’ll have it by the end of the afternoon in the US If you would have had it at late night that would have meant that we couldn’t have played the event until the 23rd.

OH OH! I like this answer!!! happy dance

Now I’m really excited. Is it set for the 22nd everywhere? If that is the case that means they would have to release in the morning, or it would be the 23rd somewhere! I hadn’t thought of that! more happy dance!

Halloween release time.

zaxziakohl.5243

The US and EU servers do not update off of the same time patterns to my knowledge.

Now I’m not near as excited….thanks for that coglin… :P

I also found this little gem on the teaser site

• All times and dates are shown in US Pacific Time

Halloween release time.

Posted by: Zii.4578

Zii.4578

Oh you’re right We have that same sentence on the bottom of the page : * Les heures et dates sont indiquées selon le fuseau horaire du Pacifique (UTC-7 :00).

But that’s bad, because people in Europe will expect to play it today (it’s 2h15am here), or at least tonight at 7pm…

[LIFE] Zii Lodia