Halloween sPvP track availability

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Crell.6401

Crell.6401

Will the reward track be available after Halloween to provide an alternate means of acquiring trick or treat bags for those who prefer to PvP instead of PvE? There’s a puppy to find after all!

Posted by: Gimp.9460

Gimp.9460

No but it should, the amount of bags you get from the pvp track is laughable

Particle effect slider would be ‘too confusing’

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Actually, I think it MIGHT stay. After all, we already know that the Maize Balms were intentionally introduced so that PvE players could continue to farm ToT bags all year round. It thus makes sense that the reward track would stay so that PvP players can do the same.

Furthermore, there’s no indication on the Halloween track that says it’s going away, like the temporary dungeon/regional tracks.

Don’t take this as a guarantee, of course, but I think there’s a good argument for the Halloween track possible staying.

Posted by: Crell.6401

Crell.6401

Actually, I think it MIGHT stay. After all, we already know that the Maize Balms were intentionally introduced so that PvE players could continue to farm ToT bags all year round. It thus makes sense that the reward track would stay so that PvP players can do the same.

Furthermore, there’s no indication on the Halloween track that says it’s going away, like the temporary dungeon/regional tracks.

Don’t take this as a guarantee, of course, but I think there’s a good argument for the Halloween track possible staying.

This is why I was hoping for an official reply.

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

I have a question about the PvP track. If your in the middle of the halloween track will you lose your progress or will it let you finish the track?

Necromancer Main

Posted by: steveway.3167

steveway.3167

This is why I was hoping for an official reply.

From the release notes:

•A new PvP reward track has been added for the duration of the festival.

This would indicate it is temporary. Sorry.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/release-notes-for-blood-and-madness-2/

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Ahh, you’re right. I missed that part.

Then the question now becomes, “if you’re halfway through a reward track when it becomes unavailable, do you just lose all progress/access to it?” Does anyone who’s been in a similar situation with time-limited reward tracks (e.g. a dungeon track that you haven’t unlocked yet) know what happens then?