Halloween skins

Halloween skins

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Joca Ima Dredove.2051

Joca Ima Dredove.2051

I was actually just wondering after watching a Woodenpotatoes video if they’ll be bringing back some old halloween skins, i just wanted to know what people think about this. I have a Severed dagger skin and I didn’t want to let go of it even though it sells for more than a 100g and my account isn’t exactly rich. I’ve also got two desert rose skins which are now being sold for even higher prices, and there aren’t many left.

And after watching this video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ9oWDnEdto ) I’m not sure if Arenanet plans to put some skins back into the game or not.

My only reason for not selling any one of these items is because I like the feeling of possesing something rare. Is it time I let go of this stuff and got rich before they’re just put back into the game?

Halloween skins

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

You only need one Desert Rose skin for your own use, as it will then be in the wardrobe. You may as well sell the second.

On the severed dagger, ask yourself “will I ever have an alt that would use this?” If not, why not make some money? Believe me, I’m a packrat, I have many a skin that I have yet to assign to any alts. They’re account bound, though. The only still tradeable ones I have are ones I went to some effort to acquire in the first place because I liked them so much , and I just need the right alt to come along and say “mine!”

To me, simple possession isn’t enough. I want to use the rare thing and have fun with it. Otherwise it’s just wasted bank space.

PS I personally have zero interest in the severed dagger because eww, gross. This may be influencing my recommendation that you just sell the darn thing.

Halloween skins

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

i really hope they DONT re-add them,
it would totally ruin the prestige, not to mention the market.

i like that there are actually some rare items in this game,
weapons that are supposed to be special like Eternity are all over the place.

Halloween skins

Posted by: Bob F It.5701

Bob F It.5701

I think the real reason for the limited supply is to force whales to spend more money. If it was a prestige thing, it wouldn’t be tied to RNG.

Right click your GW2 shortcut > “Properties”
“Shortcut” tab > “Target”
Add to the end " -bmp"

Halloween skins

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

tl;dr “kitten you got mine”.

There is no “prestige” in items that were distributed by RNG.

Halloween skins

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

tl;dr “kitten you got mine”.

There is no “prestige” in items that were distributed by RNG.

Agreed. As far as I can see so far in-game the only items with “prestige” are the luminescent armor sets, but even that’s stretching it a bit.

As to the OP, yeah I’d like it if they added some of those skins back in. I wanted to make my mes look like Swan from Lollipop Chainsaw (http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/lollipopchainsaw/images/3/3e/Lollipop_-_Juliet.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140130034550), but now I have absolutely no chance of that greatsaw

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”