Halloween starting already?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: nebulus.6374

nebulus.6374

One of my personal story missions had random candy corn golems in a cave. Just seemed out of place

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Where were you? Most likely, you were somewhere in the open world, and another player was dropping maize balm on ambients (which turns them into candy corn golems).

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

There is no personal story instance that includes candy corn, so it had to be in the open world

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I have seen them randomly pop up for a split second then disappear quickly the past week or so. Likely just left over code from last year not taken out or something….

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

If you are talking about a candy corn ‘mining node’, then yes it can potentially happen. There has been a bug since Halloween, (not sure which Halloween) that sometimes a mining node can appear as a candy corn node for a brief time and then go away. I have only seen it happen in Open World PvE, but I guess it could happen in your personal story.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

As an aside my local grocery chain put out Halloween Candy displays last week, that’s 11 weeks headstart.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: AlliedKhajiit.2794

AlliedKhajiit.2794

I have seen them randomly pop up for a split second then disappear quickly the past week or so. Likely just left over code from last year not taken out or something….

This is likely an ele using maize balm and casting arcane wave the second they throw the bottle to instantly kill the candy corn elementals so randoms don’t have a chance of stealing them.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

This is likely an ele using maize balm and casting arcane wave the second they throw the bottle to instantly kill the candy corn elementals so randoms don’t have a chance of stealing them.

No it’s not as each time I have seen them there were no other players around and in some of the cases not even any ambient creatures. Besides if that did happen the combat would soon start and I know the difference. Basically I was just running along doing map completes on a new char and would pass by some out of the way place and then pop a random candy corn for a split second and then it disappeared. I mentioned it in map chat and a few others said they thought it was only happening to them so I know it is happening to other people.

Also I remember that this has happened in the past too before those items were even in the game.

It might be due to a poor graphics card on my end or some other such as since I have upgraded to windows 10 assets in the game have been taking longer to load (such as city walls and bridges, some ground objects etc) so this may be why these are showing up all of a sudden for me.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

One of my personal story missions had random candy corn golems in a cave. Just seemed out of place

The candy corn nodes sometimes randomly appear. Its a bug that has existed since the first halloween. The candy corn golems are the product of people using https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vial_of_Maize_Balm on ambient creatures to farm Trick or Treat bags.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Yeah, to further clarify:

There seems to be some confusion here about what OP is talking about. OP is talking about the Candy Corn Golems; tiny versions of these can be made by throwing Maize Balm onto ambient creatures.

Some of the other people in this thread are talking about Candy Corn Nodes, which are mining nodes that give you candy corn. And yes, there is a “bug” or something that makes them randomly show up on the mini map for a split second in certain places. But that’s not what OP was talking about here.