Halo unobtainable

Halo unobtainable

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Willowfalls.9814

Willowfalls.9814

Wanted to open a request to bring back a way to either earn Mordrem Blooms (the currency for the Mordrem Researcher), or have the items he sells available on another merchant for a different currency.

As it stands, there are some really cool items (halo/horns for one) that you can look at buy not buy because the currency is no longer obtainable in-game. Could some other currency be traded for Mordrem Blooms perhaps?

Halo unobtainable

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

The Halo and the Horns are called the

Halo:
Selfless Potion
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Selfless_Potion

Horns:
Thoughtless Potion
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Thoughtless_Potion

The potions cause a cosmetic effect and are not usable in WvW and PvP.
The effects:

• last for 30 minutes and can be reapplied, they are infinite potions, not skins….
  • are removed on port, mapping death, entering instances and do not function in fractals and raids, but do work in dungeons.
  • scale with the size of the user’s character; heavily affected by race. with the Norn and Charr version being pretty big and not precisely circular due to scaling and the asura one being pretty small…

These potions were part of the rewards available for tokens for

• the Escape from Lion’s Arch LW S1 (februari 2014) events and
  • Mordremoth’s Minions Invade Tyria mini event (10 to 14 september 2015)

the Escape from Lion’s Arch

This story revolved around the events that followed the Invasion of Lion’s Arch by Scarlet and her armies. Lion’s arch was about to be destroyed and all residents were to be evacuated, in doing so you could get find drops around the city as a reward. A lot of people got 1, but sometimes even up to 5 potions. (required pretty extensive daily farming of the event though, to get more then 2)

This was one of the last events in the Living Story Season 1, and as such it isn’t repeatable. It was well recieved and people found the events extreme, and overwhelming mostly due to the nature of the content, with citizens being forced to flee, or die fighting, while the city was ransacked , pillaged and eventually destroyed.
This was also the moment the destruction of Old Lion’s Arch took place. and would result in the city we have today…
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Escape_from_Lion%27s_Arch

Mordremoth’s Minions Invade Tyria (weekend event)

Later a mordrem event was introduced, just prior to the introduction of HoT but it was not comparable in drops so you were limited to a maximum of 1 halo or horns set… I do not recall if you could get enough rewards, but it required a pretty hefty time investment these 4 days….

I remember this event not being well received by the community due to it’s grindy and forced nature, and it was a cause for quite some commotion and frantic request for the events to remain a bit longer. This was not done, also due to pressure from players who received their potions in the Lion’s Arch events who beleived it to be a devaluation of their items ingame, though no absolute monetary value can be connected to the potion, only an emotional value.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mordremoth%27s_Minions_Invade_Tyria

Personal opinion, I have no real problems with the potions returning in one way or another but I’d suggest a collection to unlock ’m both.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Halo unobtainable

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Although collections can be a nice idea I’d suggest just adding them to the laurel vendor like other LS 1 items. A lot easier.

Halo unobtainable

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

they should make it a skin instead. or a consumable that stays there for hours not affected by things like maping death etc.

Halo unobtainable

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Personal opinion, I have no real problems with the potions returning in one way or another but I’d suggest a collection to unlock ’m both.

If they make them a collection, they should make them skins instead of potions.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Halo unobtainable

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

I prefer that it stays as it is. It’s nice being able to use it with any other helm skins, or none at all. If its the effect duration the reason you opt for skin, there is no C/D to use either of these potions, and you can just as easily turn it off.

As for not being able to use them in wvw or pvp, oh well.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

(edited by mXz.4512)

Halo unobtainable

Posted by: Dilligaf Wyt.1867

Dilligaf Wyt.1867

I also would like it to remain a potion so it can work with outfits. The only thing that seems to. Night fury and winters presence don’t seem to. Not sure about auras.

Also the potions do work in WvW. Not sure about PvP.

Halo unobtainable

mXz.4512

I also would like it to remain a potion so it can work with outfits. The only thing that seems to. Night fury and winters presence don’t seem to. Not sure about auras.

Also the potions do work in WvW. Not sure about PvP.

Nightfury and Winter’s Presence won’t simply because they’re shoulder skins. Sad too because they’d make some nice potion/aura effect alternatives.

Halo unobtainable

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

There is always the Radiant Backguard … although obtainable is somewhat debatable for that one.

Halo unobtainable

mXz.4512

There is always the Radiant Backguard … although obtainable is somewhat debatable for that one.

Obtainable after 39,000 AP. It’s even still way out of reach for me, let alone most people.

And I still think that the AP rewards need some reworking, also not the only one who thinks so. The later skins for both sets just to complete the set after 42,000 is over shooting it by ‘years’. By setting it that far down the road, Anet’s assuming most will stay interested or be able to put in the needed hours to unlock those. Not even likely.

Halo unobtainable

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Seeing it is a potion at this time , makes it possible to used the halo and horns while wearing full armor OR outfits while wearing your halo, this said, you’ll need to reapply it often, after death, (map-)porting, and it is mostly unusable in instances. This said it will not stack with other transformation potions. so no halo and embiggening… or halo-ed tree.

Keeping it a potion is preferable over making it an armor piece, at lieast in my opinions.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.

Halo unobtainable

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

instead of a skin OR a tonic, how about an infusion? then you don’t have to worry about reapplying them every 7 seconds, and they can combined with helmet skins.

As for the method of attainment, either a worthwile achievement (they should remain ‘special’)

Halo unobtainable

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

They are fine as is, I use my halo ALL the time in WvW.

They could bring it back briefly but tbh, it’s rare I see people use them anyhow. I don’t need to see everyone and their pets wearing a halo.

Halo unobtainable

Posted by: Willowfalls.9814

Willowfalls.9814

I think this got a little off topic. The request is that Anet implement a way to buy the items sold by the Mordrem Researcher again. There is currently no way to get the currency in game (mordrem blooms), and therefore some really cool items are now totally unobtainable. The collection idea seems like it would work.

Halo unobtainable

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Isn’t the vendor still at the Durmand Priory?

Mordrem researcher:

450 mordrem bloom’s and 10 gold still buys you your potions…

problem is there is no source for mordrem blooms anymore. there’s no more mordrem invading… at least none I’m aware of…

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Halo unobtainable

Amaimon.7823

The vendors are still there, they really should do another mordrem bloom event.
It’s a way of weeding out the players who don’t wanna work for it

(and lets be honest, the original acquisition method wasn’t hard either, I just couldn’t do it because I had to prioritize real life at the time and don’t regret that)

Halo unobtainable

Posted by: Dejavu.1409

Dejavu.1409

Another way they could reintroduce mordrem blooms is by adding it as a map reward.

Halo unobtainable

Posted by: Tom.8029

Tom.8029

The Thoughtless and Selfless potions took a good amount of grind to obtain. If they were to come back again, I would expect it to be expensive or a pain to get.

Primordial Dragons [Drgn]
Fort Aspenwood Elementalist

Halo unobtainable

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

Put them in the Laurel Merchant like they did with Season 1 rewards, easy fix.

Halo unobtainable

Posted by: Char.4209

Char.4209

The worst thing (for me) was that they patched much earlier then normal on the last day. I wanted to farm the last remaining Heirlooms after work, but it wasn’t possible. I couldn’t even spend them.

Attachments:

Halo unobtainable

Amaimon.7823

The Thoughtless and Selfless potions took a good amount of grind to obtain. If they were to come back again, I would expect it to be expensive or a pain to get.

they were, to get the blooms you had to log in almost every day for the period, you could only miss like 2 or 3 days, it was quite a gamble for many people

Halo unobtainable

mXz.4512

they were, to get the blooms you had to log in almost every day for the period, you could only miss like 2 or 3 days, it was quite a gamble for many people

The first time they were first introduced during the Scarlet Invasion, collecting enough belongings was the initial grind and pain it took to get those potions. And many people started late with it.

Halo unobtainable

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

I agree that the Mordrem Blooms should become obtainable again (someone mentioned a map reward, which I think is a pretty good idea!), or putting them in the laurel vendor. I’ve got a handful sitting in my bank that I’ve been holding on to in the hopes that they are made obtainable again.

I was able to play when the events were up, but the lag was so absolutely horrid that I barely got credit for half of the events I participated in.

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”