Hammer Skin contest!

Hammer Skin contest!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Reon.9604

Reon.9604

So this is just an idea, but I just ready the guild emblem contest winner article and I figured that would be a great idea for weapon skins. Preferably hammers cause they don’t have very many, and what they do have don’t seem to be very appealing.

Hammer Skin contest!

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Should just be a design a weapon contest, each person could submit a design for every weapon available if they chose to maybe?

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Hammer Skin contest!

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

Number 3 in contest should have been first. First 2 just boring quaggan and not very interesting for guild.

;)

Hammer Skin contest!

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

Number 3 in contest should have been first. First 2 just boring quaggan and not very interesting for guild.

Except, those two make perfect sense if you think about what is considered the end-game thing to go after (legendaries). I still have no interest in them because so many of them are so wrong for the feel of the game, like the Quaggan guild emblems. I do agree that those should have been given a nod at best, not 1st and 2nd place.

Here, you’re fighting super powerful DRAGONS, have a pop gun legendary or one that shoots unicorns and neighs. On top of it, charge into battle against the dragons that distort everyone and everything you love and cherish into abominations weilding a battle standard with a homeless young quaggan boy or a young quaggan girl in a field of stars on it… WTF?

I know there’s a lot of Quaggan RPers out there, but Anet could have just slipped those emblems into HoT without saying anything as a nice surprise for the Quaggonians and chosen two others that would more likely fit a broader range of guilds.

On topic, IF they did a contest like a hammer contest, it would probably be a general weapons contest where they put 1st place of each type into the game (like what had been done in the past with GW1). Unfortunately, given how the emblem went, we’d probably be stuck with a bow that say FOOOO! every time you shot or a shield shaped like a quaggan that squeaked Ooooh nooooo! whenever you blocked…

On second thought, give me that Quaggan shield, that would be worth having.

Hammer Skin contest!

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

the Quaggonians

I think the correct term is “Quaggan-kin”.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.