Happy..... Easter?

Happy..... Easter?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: RaciaFiertze.8253

RaciaFiertze.8253

I know this kinda seems petty and insignificant but… Am I the only one that was kinda expecting some kind of an easter event? Even a small one? Like….. Maybe killing bunnys today you`d get egg drops or chocolate or something?

Happy..... Easter?

Posted by: Pie Flavor.1647

Pie Flavor.1647

bunny ears…….

And I am become kitten, the destroyer of kittens

Happy..... Easter?

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

One-day-only quest:

Speak with Tim the Enchanter to receive the quest “The Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog” which activates the [Group Event] “Slay the Champion Killer Rabbit.”

Happy..... Easter?

RaciaFiertze.8253

One-day-only quest:

Speak with Tim the Enchanter to receive the quest “The Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog” which activates the [Group Event] “Slay the Champion Killer Rabbit.”

win… just… full of win!

Happy..... Easter?

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

Yeh, I kinda thought given this haitus before s2 it would be the perfect moment for some fun and games, take our minds off the ups and downs of the all the new changes, etc…obviously not

Happy..... Easter?

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

I really wish they would add bunny tonics to this game. Every Easter my guild in GW1 would plan a time on Easter to do what we called a rabbit run. We would all turn into bunnies and chase people around in LA giving out rabbit tonic till we had as many as possible turned into rabbits, I wish we could do that in GW2.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Happy..... Easter?

Posted by: Vyko.6953

Vyko.6953

same here. In gw1 the easter was pretty rich. Many special items were dropping. But maybe they will surprise us!

#ELEtism

Happy..... Easter?

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

I really wish they would add bunny tonics to this game. Every Easter my guild in GW1 would plan a time on Easter to do what we called a rabbit run. We would all turn into bunnies and chase people around in LA giving out rabbit tonic till we had as many as possible turned into rabbits, I wish we could do that in GW2.

Well, there’s always Jackalopes.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

Happy..... Easter?

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I, for one, am glad to see this christian event ignored.

Happy..... Easter?

Posted by: bluestocking.6148

bluestocking.6148

You must be fun at parties.

I am destruction itself. I also bake cookies.

Happy..... Easter?

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Not everyone celebrates Easter because it’s a religious holiday, no more than Christmas is. Thank you for being a discriminatory player. I do hope I never meet you IRL or in game.

Happy..... Easter?

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

Not everyone celebrates Easter because it’s a religious holiday, no more than Christmas is.

Easter has way less going for it in terms of the non-religious aspects, though. Aside from young children who look forward to the Easter Bunny coming to hide chocolate/eggs, who the heck cares about this holiday? Adults are mainly just glad to have a long weekend, or an excuse to see family — and often this entails driving out of town and less time spent in-game.

Hallowe’en and Christmas have way more “lore” to them — characters, imagery, objects, food, atmosphere, music, themes, etc. A wider range of people can take part in some form of these cultural events, without it being a religious thing.

Happy..... Easter?

Aidan Savage.2078

True, but why do you think hidden gimmicks or cameos in games are called Easter eggs? It’s not like there’s any harm in asking for something that’ll give some amusement over the weekend, particularly considering the amount of disgust and disappointment players are having with the Feature patch.

Happy..... Easter?

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

This thread was doomed to religious bashing from the start. Anyway, I’m celebrating Easter by helping SoS bloody JQ’s nose.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

Happy..... Easter?

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Let’s celebrate Jesus Christ’s death and resurrection by teaching a rabbit to hide eggs so small children can look for them, as well as decorating trees with colourful chicken feathers.

Also, let’s dress those children up as hags.

Happy..... Easter?

Aidan Savage.2078

No it wasnt, it was doomed to be posted in by smallminded and hateful person(s). Granted, the same can, sadly, be said for every thread on this forum.

Happy..... Easter?

Posted by: DragonWhimsy.6489

DragonWhimsy.6489

Actually, before Easter was a Christian holiday, it was a holiday celebrating fertility. That’s where the bunnies and eggs come from.

Happy..... Easter?

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Yes, Easter isn’t just a religious holiday. No one said that’ so let’s not start debunking arguments that no one is making. However, like it or not, Easter is treated as primarily a christian holiday, regardless of any relation to pagan holidays or secular celebration.

So, I’m sorry if you you don’t like that I desire to escape the influence of the dominant religion offends, but I certainly don’t think that deserves the animosity it has seemingly evoked.

(edited by Dahkeus.8243)

Happy..... Easter?

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Actually, before Easter was a Christian holiday, it was a holiday celebrating fertility. That’s where the bunnies and eggs come from.

Personally I’d be in favor of returning to this.

Happy..... Easter?

Posted by: Ceallach.8740

Ceallach.8740

I’d secretly hoped for bunny ears or a hilarious giant bunny boss.

Happy..... Easter?

RaciaFiertze.8253

i never really considered easter a religious holiday…. seriously, what does bunnys and colored eggs have anything to do with christianity XD… im actually in favor of the theory its about ishtar, the pagan goddess of fertility. but this is off topic.. i still would at least like to see some bunnys giving egg drops… or the killer bunny as mentioned above

Ishtar: East Semitic Akkadian, Assyrian and Babylonian goddess of fertility, love, war, and sex. symbolized by eggs and rabbits.

(edited by RaciaFiertze.8253)

Happy..... Easter?

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

True, but why do you think hidden gimmicks or cameos in games are called Easter eggs? It’s not like there’s any harm in asking for something that’ll give some amusement over the weekend, particularly considering the amount of disgust and disappointment players are having with the Feature patch.

Show me a patch that didn’t get met with disgust and disappointment.

i never really considered easter a religious holiday…. seriously, what does bunnys and colored eggs have anything to do with christianity XD…

This may just be my new favourite forum ever and that quote is getting PLASTERED! EVERYWHERE!

(edited by Darkobra.6439)

Happy..... Easter?

Posted by: Sciva.4865

Sciva.4865

Yes, Easter isn’t just a religious holiday. No one said that’ so let’s not start debunking arguments that no one is making. However, like it or not, Easter is treated as primarily a christian holiday, regardless of any relation to pagan holidays or secular celebration.

So, I’m sorry if you you don’t like that I desire to escape the influence of the dominant religion offends, but I certainly don’t think that deserves the animosity it has seemingly evoked.

How Euphoric are you at this time?

Happy..... Easter?

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

Guys, guys, guys. I think we’re missing the point of this thread. Here, let me remind you.

Happy..... Easter?

RaciaFiertze.8253

Guys, guys, guys. I think we’re missing the point of this thread. Here, let me remind you.

heck.. yes… you are my favorite!!!!!! BRING UP THE HOLY HAND GRENADE!!!!!!

Happy..... Easter?

Posted by: Pawstruck.9708

Pawstruck.9708

I would rather them do nothing than “just something small.”

I guarantee if they’d done the latter, the forums would be full of “wow, this is all we get?!” type things.

Happy..... Easter?

Posted by: Moderator.6840

Moderator.6840

Hi everyone,

Since this thread doesn’t offer a constructive debate, we’ll now close it. Please keep in mind that political or religious references are not allowed on this forum.

As always, you can consult our forum code of conduct for more information about the posting rules.

Thank you for your understanding.