Happy birthday to me

Happy birthday to me

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Arkham Creed.7358

Arkham Creed.7358

Hey Arena Net, it’s my birthday today. Can I have a present? I’d like a legit developer response to the issue raised in this thread.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Problems-with-Engineers-and-Legendaries-2/first#post2721140

/old enough to know better

(edited by Arkham Creed.7358)

Happy birthday to me

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You know, it’s odd. I got a present today on my warrior that’s relative new (level 11). A present popped into my inventory from Scarlet. I guess I picked it up from loot. It did not come through the mail, just showed up on the side like other loot. Lol, I am afraid to open it. I was in Metrica at the time.

Oh, and happy birthday!

Happy birthday to me

Arkham Creed.7358

You know, it’s odd. I got a present today on my warrior that’s relative new (level 11). A present popped into my inventory from Scarlet. I guess I picked it up from loot. It did not come through the mail, just showed up on the side like other loot. Lol, I am afraid to open it. I was in Metrica at the time.

Did you get the last one in the mail?

Happy birthday to me

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I got a few others in the mail on other characters. This character had not been created yet, at the time she sent out her gifts to everyone else.

Needless to say, it seemed very odd. I took a screenshot, but sadly, the gift faded from view just before I pushed PrntScrn.

Happy birthday to me

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Happy Birthday. I hope Anet gives you what you want…not just a response, but an in game solution.

Happy birthday to me

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

happy birthday and may your wish come true

Gunnar’s Hold

Happy birthday to me

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Happy birthday but not trying hard enough.

Back when GW2 was still in beta, I faxed my ID as proof with a plea for a beta invite.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Happy birthday to me

Posted by: xephire.8324

xephire.8324

Hey its my birthday too can i have a legendary weapon…..Uhmm can you make me super rich…..

Happy birthday to me

Arkham Creed.7358

Thanks for the well wishing guys, hopefully someone at Arena Net will see this and take a moment to humor me too.

Happy birthday to me

Arkham Creed.7358

Well, looks like I was right when I assumed I’d get no response. Oh well, can’t blame a guy for trying.

Happy birthday to me

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Would it help if I said I included it in my report?

Happy birthday to me

Posted by: drake.2135

drake.2135

Report of what? ^^

“The beginning is the beginning. The end is also the beginning.”
~Drake from Blackgate

Happy birthday to me

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Class balancing report?

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Happy birthday to me

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Report of what? ^^

Reported the OP for bumping his own thread. “Happy birthday have an infraction!”

The Burninator

Happy birthday to me

Arkham Creed.7358

No; I’ve heard that before. By legit I didn’t mean “we know about it.” Colin already gave me that lip service. I’m sorry if I seem demanding or ungrateful, but it has been months since the last update on this issue and every single issue that Colin said was being worked on first has been finished and is in the game in one from or another, plus a lot of other stuff. I don’t want “I included it in my report.” I want to know what you plan to do about it, and at least a ballpark estimate of when.

This issue, an oversight that never should have made it into the live release, has been known and complained about for over a year and the development team has addressed similar issues for other player demographics no larger or important than ours. We’re already in year two, and in a lot of ways this game is still in a beta phase with beta, heck, alpha phase problems. The least you can to is tell us if this is even on your radar to be fixed before year three.

Edit: I didn’t pre-purchase this game to wait over a year for “cosmetic progression” to actually apply to my favored class. And frankly I think you guys should stop adding cosmetic content until every profession can actually use it.

(edited by Arkham Creed.7358)

Happy birthday to me

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

When my bday comes around too can you include it in your report also?

Happy birthday to me

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

No; I’ve heard that before. By legit I didn’t mean “we know about it.” Colin already gave me that lip service. I’m sorry if I seem demanding or ungrateful, but it has been months since the last update on this issue and every single issue that Colin said was being worked on first has been finished and is in the game in one from or another, plus a lot of other stuff. I don’t want “I included it in my report.” I want to know what you plan to do about it, and at least a ballpark estimate of when.

This issue, an oversight that never should have made it into the live release, has been known and complained about for over a year and the development team has addressed similar issues for other player demographics no larger or important than ours. We’re already in year two, and in a lot of ways this game is still in a beta phase with beta, heck, alpha phase problems. The least you can to is tell us if this is even on your radar to be fixed before year three.

Edit: I didn’t pre-purchase this game to wait over a year for “cosmetic progression” to actually apply to my favored class. And frankly I think you guys should stop adding cosmetic content until every profession can actually use it.

And this is why ANet don’t like posting in the forum.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Happy birthday to me

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

^ it’s player responses like this that show why this community is toxic. Your attitude doesn’t help either

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

(edited by Vol.5241)

Happy birthday to me

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

Wow… You need to chill out.

Happy birthday to me

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

So this is about how engineers cant really use legendarys because they rely on kits right?
DW most people with legendarys cant use them either :p

Happy birthday to me

Arkham Creed.7358

^ it’s player responses like this that show why this community is toxic. Your attitude doesn’t help either

And no, you didn’t wait a year for it. The birthday stuff was announced over a month ago. So stop making up stuff.

Someone has no idea what this is really about. And no; the character birthday stuff has nothing to do with it.

Happy birthday to me

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

So this is about how engineers cant really use legendarys because they rely on kits right?

Yep. I wonder if I should make a complaint thread about how my elementalist can’t use Bifrost when he’s wielding conjured weapons. Or how my guardian can’t use Flameseeker Prophecies when I’ve weapon swapped to my staff.

Happy birthday to me

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

Yep. I wonder if I should make a complaint thread about how my elementalist can’t use Bifrost when he’s wielding conjured weapons. Or how my guardian can’t use Flameseeker Prophecies when I’ve weapon swapped to my staff.

not exactly what i meant. Was going for more like “most people with legendarys cant use them because they suck….”(not what i think i was just joking based off that thread the other day of how legendary users are worse)
But i still dont get what the OP wants them to do about it. Should they make engineer weapons more op than kits or should they just make legendary kits? the only thing they should do is keep the aura of the legendary on the character when they use kits.

Happy birthday to me

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Edited.

Doesn’t change that OP is coming off as rude

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Happy birthday to me

Posted by: Moka.9641

Moka.9641

Happy birthday!

[AW]- The Holy Engineer

Happy birthday to me

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Wow. You sure you don’t want to go over to his home and slap him around a little? Maybe kick the family dog.

And people ask why ANet doesn’t post on threads.

Happy birthday to me

Vayne.8563

I agree. Frustration is no excuse for being rude. I fall into the same trap here, which is why I post less than I used to. I’d rather not be rude.

Happy birthday to me

Arkham Creed.7358

If I am rude it is because I am tired of getting the same old runaround, I consider THAT to be very rude. If Arena Net wants me to be more respectful, they can start by giving me a straight, honest answer.

Happy birthday to me

xephire.8324

If I am rude it is because I am tired of getting the same old runaround, I consider THAT to be very rude. If Arena Net wants me to be more respectful, they can start by giving me a straight, honest answer.

If you go against them you are labelled disrespectful and the minority of the forum.

Happy birthday to me

Arkham Creed.7358

If you go against them you are labelled disrespectful and the minority of the forum.

So what are they going to do, completely ignore me and the issues I bring up? They’ve been doing a fine job of that already.

Happy birthday to me

xephire.8324

So what are they going to do, completely ignore me and the issues I bring up? They’ve been doing a fine job of that already.

That’s what they do best….unfortunately and the excuse why they don’t post on forum.They only reply when there are major updates when they screw up or meaningless one liners.

Happy birthday to me

Vayne.8563

You’re not getting a runaround. You refuse to accept that this isn’t a priority. They know about it, it’s on a list. That’s not a runaround. No one said it would be fixed soon or by a certain date.

The runaround is in your mind.

Happy birthday to me

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Wow … never seen such an entitled post on these forums …

First you call out a dev. One is actually nice enough to comment and forward your problems. Your response is to insult him, not once but several times.

I’d say you need a time out.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Happy birthday to me

xephire.8324

Wow … never seen such an entitled post on these forums …

First you call out a dev. One is actually nice enough to comment and forward your problems. Your response is to insult him, not once but several times.

I’d say you need a time out.

He deserves it though.

Happy birthday to me

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

The dev doesn’t deserve it. They’re not the one responsible for the things that poster arglebargled about, and even if they are, it’s not right to be a jerk.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Happy birthday to me

xephire.8324

The dev doesn’t deserve it. They’re not the one responsible for the things that poster arglebargled about, and even if they are, it’s not right to be a jerk.

He is game director he is responsible…

Happy birthday to me

Vayne.8563

Reponsible for what, exactly? Answering someone’s post, or doing what someone asks just because they ask it, or taking something someone asks for and raising its priority when other more important matters need to be dealt with?

Happy birthday to me

xephire.8324

Reponsible for what, exactly? Answering someone’s post, or doing what someone asks just because they ask it, or taking something someone asks for and raising its priority when other more important matters need to be dealt with?

Important matters like adding ascended gear mmmm………………………..

Happy birthday to me

Vayne.8563

Important matters like adding ascended gear mmmm………………………..

I agree, adding ascended gear is more important than how engineer back packs are affected by legendary weapons. Thanks for agreeing with me.

Happy birthday to me

Inculpatus cedo.9234

How odd. I got a notice that this thread was ‘moved to trash can’. Yet, here it is!

Happy birthday to me

Astral Projections.7320

How odd. I got a notice that this thread was ‘moved to trash can’. Yet, here it is!

Same. It said the first post was deleted and therefore the whole thread was.

Happy birthday to me

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Yes. Exactly. Ooooo…gremlins!

Happy birthday to me

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

the mystery come back happened to me too

Gunnar’s Hold

Happy birthday to me

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

ikr I guess they changed their mind? lol

Happy birthday to me

Astral Projections.7320

If someone contacts support and tells them the forum has a bug, it will be fixed in seconds!! :P

Happy birthday to me

xephire.8324

flip flop decision by the typical forum mods. They have poor decision making skills i guess….

Happy birthday to me

Arkham Creed.7358

Yep. I wonder if I should make a complaint thread about how my elementalist can’t use Bifrost when he’s wielding conjured weapons.

At least your skills scale to ascended weapon damage; engineers are hard locked at exotic. Also elementalists aren’t forced to equip a conjured weapon 99% of the time because your base weapons and all other utility skills suck so bad the only way to be semi-viable (and yet still comparatively underpowered) is to always use a conjured weapon. And if you think that is an exaggeration just drop by the engineer sub forum and do a search for “flamethrower damage,” or better yet go into the Heart of the Mists and test a few kits out for yourself.

Happy birthday to me

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Yep. I wonder if I should make a complaint thread about how my elementalist can’t use Bifrost when he’s wielding conjured weapons.

At least your skills scale to ascended weapon damage; engineers are hard locked at exotic. Also elementalists aren’t forced to equip a conjured weapon 99% of the time because your base weapons and all other utility skills suck so bad the only way to be semi-viable (and yet still comparatively underpowered) is to always use a conjured weapon. And if you think that is an exaggeration just drop by the engineer sub forum and do a search for “flamethrower damage,” or better yet go into the Heart of the Mists and test a few kits out for yourself.

No they don’t, conjured weapons (and banners) were patched up to ascended then patched back down to exotics at exactly the same time as kits.

Happy birthday to me

Arkham Creed.7358

No they don’t, conjured weapons (and banners) were patched up to ascended then patched back down to exotics at exactly the same time as kits.

But you don’t need to use conjured weapons 99% of the time, and most eles don’t use them at all. Good luck finding more than one or two engineers that don’t use kits, and you’ll find fewer who use their actual weapons and skills more often than kits.

Ultimately this isn’t even about cosmetics, that is just what Arena Net has proven they are more willing to actually fix when even the choice between cosmetic patchwork and actual balancing. The real problem here is that the engineer is (poorly) balanced in such a way as to all but force players into one or two very specific (under preforming) builds based on three or four specific skills that aren’t even our profession mechanic because everything else is either way too weak, fundamentally and undeniably broken, or both.