Harbinger of Mordremoth Outfit Avail

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: dulfy.1493

dulfy.1493

Hey everyone, the Harbinger of Mordremoth Outfit is now available for 700 gems on the gemstore for 7 days. It isn’t the best looking outfit but some players may like it.

Here are some pics for those interested: http://dulfy.net/2015/09/07/gw2-harbinger-of-mordremoth-outfit-now-available-in-gemstore/

Posted by: Timiok.1048

Timiok.1048

MY EYES MAKE IT STOP

Posted by: InsidiousWaffle.7086

InsidiousWaffle.7086

Lol, it looks like a freaking Warframe

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I have liked a lot of the outfits and armor, but this is just a big no for me. There is not one thing I like about it. However, just my personal taste talking.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

ohhhh outfits show they real face now. Was only a matter of time… now the community will see what you really are!

Or in other words.. its ugly, but i do think that was sorta the idea behind it…

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

So awful. Ugh.

Posted by: thisisit.6954

thisisit.6954

I see next years 4th anniv. sale outfit here (discounted ofc) – I don’t see many buying this apart from completionists.

Posted by: HwaRyun.1807

HwaRyun.1807

If an artist of mines turned in the concept for this outfit, i’d be looking at their employment contract and hoping it didn’t have long to run.

Posted by: Yunielesca.2850

Yunielesca.2850

That’s (one of) the ugliest outfit ever.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Yeah, this outfit is just… wow. I hope the intent was to make it this bad.

Either way, this isn’t something I’d want any of my characters to wear. It would be the Tyria equivalent of being back in WW2, and walking into an American or British bar dressed as a member of the upper ranks of the German forces.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I bought it solely because I am an outfits completionist. I was able to make it look reasonable on a few of my sylvari via creative dyes and hiding of the head but unless my warrior becomes an RP persona and goes evil I don’t see any of my alts wearing it ICly.

Oh, and I have my one doofy male human guardian who gets stuck in all outfits, no matter how wretched, as a condition of his various short term employments as a window-dressing bodyguard. But the people I RP him with are away from the game for the nonce, so likely something else will be along before I get a scene with him in this … confection of rough hewn vines and bark.

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

That looks like something that someone’s preschooler scribbled out with some busted crayons. How long was that mess hanging on the fridge?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Awesome, been waiting for this outfit

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

What I would not give to have my town clothes be outfits…

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

can’t say it appealing considering the Corrupt Plant theme it is going with but hey more plant theme look.

Posted by: RoxBuryNine.4210

RoxBuryNine.4210

I previewed this costume on everyone of my characters, with a multitude of dye combinations, and it never looked good. Mordremoth would be appalled. Terrible art. Stripes on the boots? Why?

Posted by: PetboyJoshua.3108

PetboyJoshua.3108

As someone who’s got 19 Sylvari characters…
I must say, I’m a bit disappointed in this outfit. I get that it’s supposed to be over-the-top, but even as an over-the-top outfit, there’s some stuff that annoys me. :l

-The horns could have been great, but the weird barky stuff around the head ruins them for me. It makes it hard to find a face that fits with the whole look of the outfit.
I’d clearly hide the helmet most of the time if I had to buy this outfit (then rant about the fact that I can’t use regular armor headgears with outfits).

-For a plant outfit, I’m kinda disappointed that it doesn’t pick my Sylvari’s colors like the cultural armors.

-The little bark strip behind the outfit sticks out in a way that doesn’t look alright. It should have been linked to the buttcape to get the same physics.

-The dyes applies weirdly on it. I don’t know how to explain it though, it just seems off to me.

Also… I’m puzzled by the choice of colors for this outfit’s promotion… green and red/pink, seriously ? No wonder people think it’s horrible the instant they look at it. It’s a matter of taste, of course, but I also thought it was awful before I tried to change the colors. It should be in the outfit panel to let people check their dyes on it easily, rather than just in the gemstore panel (I know I can use the chatcode, then search for dyes previews in the trading post, but it’s annoying and not practical at all). Most of the Mordrems actually are grey or brown-ish, appart from the ones based on flowers, so it makes that choice of color even weirder.

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

I kinda like it on human and asura

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Those shoulders….

Posted by: HaxTester.9816

HaxTester.9816

I like it. It’s meant to be grotesque. Look at the details, it’s like half plant, half flesh. This is for evil characters. ALL HAIL MORDREMOTH!

I hope this outfit is a hint about the upcoming event, ie. players could choose to side with Mordremoth. Please, please, anet! Make it happen!

Attachments:

Anvil Rockers Unite!

Posted by: Oenanthe.6549

Oenanthe.6549

My assuran wants the helm/headdress part. I don’t care about the rest but those horns look fantastic. (She already has Braham’s helm on, the horns on that are about as kittenhe is)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

With the right dyes, it looks very nice. The dyes it comes with are awful. You just need to try different possibilities.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I like it. It’s got classic ’80’s bad guy written all over it!

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Lol, it looks like a freaking Warframe

Hmm, Tenno Thief with Rakta Ballistica and Dragon Nikana could be fun.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Charr tailclipping – AGAIN

Kima & Co

Posted by: Domino.1359

Domino.1359

Going against the majority of vocal players here, I love it!
The helm is awesome. It does looks rad on female characters, particularly Norn.
I’m just disappointed in the tail clipping – it’s pretty obvious

Posted by: Lyenyo.2891

Lyenyo.2891

They keep getting progressively worse with every release.. it’s hard to think someone was paid to create this.

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

So sick of these outfits. Once upon a time outfits were going to be something you’d wear when you WEREN’T wearing your armor. Ever since the Noble Outfit, I haven’t seen anything that remotely resembles ‘casual’ wear aside from the wedding attire (which has its own issues for me). The only outfit I have on my account is the freebie for being a vet and it isn’t to my taste since I can’t mix and match any of the parts (I really hate its butt skirt, it looks like a dish towel draped over my character’s kitten).

Bringing back town clothes as an outfit might get me to buy the Noble set and Town Clothes set.

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

If the face was covered I would be all over this as I tend to stick to a nature theme. If only outfits allowed show/not show for the helm that exposed the armor beneath.

Attachments:

JQ Druid

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Great outfit; at least everything can be dye-able which is what I enjoy with outfits.

Here’s a small experiment with the Black Poly Refractor and/or Queen Bee trinket(s) if anyone is interested in making a ‘shadow’ themed character. Also, The Juggernaut's (legendary Hammer) active effects are relatively the same since the dye is so dark. I suppose it gave off a more ‘thick paint’ covered effect.

1st PIC: Shadow Abyss dye, NO Black Poly Refractor, NO Queen Bee
2nd PIC: Shadow Abyss dye, Black Poly Refractor, NO Queen Bee
3rd PIC: Shadow Abyss dye, Black Poly Refractor, Queen Bee
4th-6th PICs: Grab some dark-themed weapons and ta-daa?

Attachments: