Hard Mode Clears + Single Player Challenges

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cheese Lord.3825

Cheese Lord.3825

Hey there, I’m not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I’d love to hear from ArenaNet if this will ever be an option and from other people with interest.
Basically in GW1, you could enter the map in hardmode after you complete the campaign and this would increase the enemy difficulty drastically but you had a chance at much better loot and new titles, bragging rights, etc.
GW2 has filled their quota of “challenging group content” with raids, dungeons fractals etc, so I’m thinking more of a single player take on Hardmode. Besides, the real brag right of GW1 hardmode was soloing it anyway since it meant you get 100% of the good loot.
I’ve always really enjoyed that challenge it had to offer and GW2 is a bit lacking in this. The Queen’s Gauntlet was a REALLY fun event and I really wish it came around more often with new bosses. However, more recently I just enjoy soloing the champion skill points in Maguuma and what not but that’s about the extent of single player challenges available at the moment.
So, here’s my proposal:
Create “Hardmode” maps of the current new Hot Maps that are available to play after the respective story mode achievements are completed. These maps could be entered in Hardmode through the story tab and it would spawn in a set amount of powerful enemies on the map and mini bosses etc. Reward chests could be offered after killing mini bosses or completing the map, (ie: leystone armor chests, weapon skins, etc) and they’d have to be on some sort of weekly/daily timer to not be abused. Enemies would be given new skills as well so that you actually had to be aware and dodge. Also bosses with phases and timers would be key. Another cool feature might be to have optional Pact Forces that you could take with you (like heroes/henchmen from GW1) and they would give more damage and take agro but reduce the reward in some way.
These are just some rough ideas and I’d love to hear thoughts on this, and if anyone else shares my desire for a feature like this. Also would be cool to hear if Anet ever plans to implement something like this.
TLDR: Please more single player challenges, akin to soloing hardmode from GW1.

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

GW1 was all instanced except for cities. Which means that each time it was just you and your party in there so therefore hardmode was doable. You cannot do it with a regular MMO which is what GW2 is. You have wwwwayyyy more than just you in a map now.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

A variation of the ‘create gw1 in gw2’ meme?