Hardcore players, what are you doing?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kelvingts.2035

Kelvingts.2035

Hardcore players, what do you do? Is this the game for you?
I been playing since release.

Hit 80 long ago, even done 80 on a few characters, recently finished a legendary and purchase a commander status. Done all the dungeons necessary to gear my character for cosmetics. Hit Lv. 20 on PVP but feeling like it’s hardly rewarding at all. Explored a few jump-quest.
I log on to finish my daily and slightly feel like it’s barely even rewarding to do so. I understand that the feature of the game was to make the endgame items easily obtainable [I personally see legendary items are “beyond” endgame content] and getting to level 80 is a very easily do-able feature if you finish all the quest they give you. But…

Now what is there to do? What do hardcore players do now? Did most of us move to a different game? I know that Gw2 wouldn’t have funded so much more into advertisements in the recent month if they weren’t dropping in players.
What games did hardcore players move to?

ascended gear has been release to keep a few hardcore players but what use are the minor extra stats if the game itself barely requires the need for them?

Kelvingts – Human Warrior
Adventurethyme [BMO] , Dragonbrand

(edited by Kelvingts.2035)

Posted by: luchifer.6401

luchifer.6401

Fractals of the Mist?

Posted by: Knight of Virtue.7964

Knight of Virtue.7964

Your definition of hardcore seems to be a bit off. If you’re constantly wanting to grind for more power then this game was not built around this concept (though ascended gear seems to be going against that idea which is part of why it’s caused such an uproar). The idea of the game, is that once you’ve gotten all that fancy gear, you can do whatever you want. Like dungeons? Go find a group and just run random dungeons for fun. Like DE’s? well you now have the entire game to do DE’s in. Do you get where I’m going with this? If fun for you means grinding for power, this is the wrong game. If fun for you means doing various content just because you enjoy it? Then this game should be for you though with recent changes it’s uncertain if it will stay that way.

Posted by: Yosoy Tupapi.2913

Yosoy Tupapi.2913

I don’t know. This is not a subscription game. There is no reason to “get my money’s worth”. Play other games, do other things until the expansion comes out with new professions and new areas to explore. I guess

Posted by: Kelvingts.2035

Kelvingts.2035

Okay, any hardcore players around willing to suggest great games that you would leave gw2 for?

Kelvingts – Human Warrior
Adventurethyme [BMO] , Dragonbrand

Posted by: Ferum Flamebender.5910

Ferum Flamebender.5910

Well, I went achievement hunting on my main character. Completed the map and having fun with guildmates :p still find it enjoyable.

Aetra Ironbender, Rated E for Engineer- [WoT] Warlocks of Tyria- Far Shiverpeaks

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Okay, any hardcore players around willing to suggest great games that you would leave gw2 for?

Wouldn’t say leave because I enjoy gw2, but Blade & Soul looks good and I hear BlackOps and Halo 4 are doing well. Personally, I’m waiting for the next super smash bros :O

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Posted by: Ferum Flamebender.5910

Ferum Flamebender.5910

Awesomenauts.

It’s a 10 dollar game on steam, and really addictive!
If you never played GW1 go play it!
It’s alot diffirent but as much (perhaps even more) fun! Due to it’s enormous amount of skills (about 2500) and endless combination of classes (yes, you van duel class) i spend about 3000 hours in GW1!

Aetra Ironbender, Rated E for Engineer- [WoT] Warlocks of Tyria- Far Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Knight of Virtue.7964

Knight of Virtue.7964

Can you define what you mean by hardcore? Because you seem to be saying that hardcore = constantly grinds for power, instead of hardcore = plays content seriously to achieve max potential (the difference may seem slight but it’s important).

Most of the games you’d probably enjoy from what you’ve posted so far are likely to be p2p games. Look into EvE online or even WoW if you haven’t played it. Otherwise if you want a game that is basically WoW 2.0 you’ll never be happy with what you find but games like SW:ToR will probably amuse you for a time. If you want something that’s still WoW like but still has somethings different you might look into Tera (haven’t played it myself though so can’t comment to much on it). Planetside 2 also just released which is a f2p MMOFPS

If you want something other than MMOs look into Dota 2, arguably one of the most hardcore games you can get into (and loads of fun once you get used to it).

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Leave why would you have to leave a game you do you pay for you just put it down for a time. Not too many games for hardcore players there always mmorpg that have been out for years ff11 wow eq1 i can think of off hand.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

There’s a difference between Hardcore and Grinder. Hardcore plays a lot. Grinder grinds a lot…

I do play a lot. I’m doing daily achievements, a lot of WvW for karma, and well… gathering things for legendaries, you know.

If you really want to grind to improve stuff, well Diablo 3, Path of Exile, Titan Quest, etc… are way more fun for that.

(edited by Keiran.1896)

Posted by: Animus.6073

Animus.6073

That is the biggest issue for me right now. I would say that I am between dedicated and hardcore, but I find that there really is no MMORPG available right now that I enjoy. I played WoW for 7 years and grew tired of it. I played Rift for about 3 months before deciding it wasn’t for me. I thought Guild Wars 2 would fill the gap for me, but it really hasn’t. I’ll admit, it has been a nice placeholder for me while I wait for something else that I really take to.

I haven’t played since the mini expansion and I’m not sure I will, but who knows. In the meantime, I’m keeping myself busy with DOTA 2, which is absolutely awesome if you like MOBA style games. It isn’t an MMORPG but it is fun and addictive.

Posted by: Toxica.6749

Toxica.6749

There’s no subscription fee here so you wouldn’t be leaving.
It just sounds like this game cannot keep up with how fast you chew through content.

Seems to me the answer is obvious, that you need more than one game to play.

Posted by: Rallar.2986

Rallar.2986

It sounds like your not that into pvp and that is what is currently never ending. But if you looking at stuff to do, and you still enjoy the game, do more legendaries

Every game has a point were you do everything in pve and it stops being fresh. PVP has always been that challenge aspect that keeps ppl interested.

I am sure Guild Wars will add more content and you could always do that too. Frankly its about enjoying a game and if you need fresh new content, or need to be held by the hand to go find stuff to do then might be best to take a break.

I seriously doubt tournament pvp has gotten stale as competition is always interesting.

Me I still have tons of stuff to do with tons of characters to max out :p but you make the game your own by choosing to do what you do.

Posted by: scabies.3246

scabies.3246

Hardcore player, reporting in!

…I’m leveling an alt. I’ve stopped playing my level 80 thief, as I am finding it is no longer fun to play. I am now an almost-40 Norn Elementalist.

I’m enjoying every second of it. My thief is just… It feels like all I can do is Backstab. Venoms are not worth anything. I find myself only using my 80 Thief to go invisible 24/7 and open end-game chests where monsters/people can’t see me like Cursed Shore and WvW maps, then logging off and going back onto my Elementalist. I wish there was more to the class.

(edited by scabies.3246)

Posted by: Kasei.8726

Kasei.8726

You call yourself hardcore with only one legendary? pshh Get back to me when you have 4 alts dual wielding legendaries…

“One does not simply stop playing an MMO…”

Stop playing when you feel there’s nothing left to do, then come back when more content is added, it’s that simple.