Hardened Leather Section

Hardened Leather Section

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Increase the drop rate and chance from salvage so this joke of a crafting material can go down in price. It’s time you start manipulating the economy ArenaNet. You have the power to do so, so just do the right thing.

26s is too much. 8s as most would be acceptable.

Hardened Leather Section

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

I like it. I’ll sit on my stacks until the price is right

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Hardened Leather Section

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

They literally just said a day ago that they are going to stop interfering with the economy and let it sort itself out. We just lost any chance we would have had of ANet actually fixing the leather market

Hardened Leather Section

Zoid.2568

They literally just said a day ago that they are going to stop interfering with the economy and let it sort itself out. We just lost any chance we would have had of ANet actually fixing the leather market

That’s insane. How would leather fix itself when it’s all ArenaNet’s fault? it’s the drop rate that is the problem. How can we as players change that? We can’t change the code, as we don’t have the authority to do so.

I don’t mean they have to manipulate every item in the game, but when something is as severe as this and they just let it be, then it’s a sign that they don’t care about their game and their players.

Hardened Leather Section

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

If you want leather, you can farm it yourself (best targeted method is Orr event chains) or sell other materials and buy it from the people who are farming it.

Game economies exist because you are not expected to be able to supply all of your own demand because this is a multiplayer game.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Hardened Leather Section

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

That’s insane. How would leather fix itself when it’s all ArenaNet’s fault? it’s the drop rate that is the problem. How can we as players change that? We can’t change the code, as we don’t have the authority to do so.

I don’t mean they have to manipulate every item in the game, but when something is as severe as this and they just let it be, then it’s a sign that they don’t care about their game and their players.

Drop rate hasn’t changed since launch from what I recall. Anet is only at fault for adding additional sinks for it with HoT and after. You then have players who are holding onto their leather or intentionally stockpiling large quantities.

Hardened Leather Section

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Look at the price of silk at the moment. It peaked at about 10s a bolt during the release of ascended armour. Now it is 1.7s a bolt. And Anet hasn’t changed the drop rate. All it is is supply and demand.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Hardened Leather Section

Zoid.2568

If you want leather, you can farm it yourself (best targeted method is Orr event chains) or sell other materials and buy it from the people who are farming it.

Game economies exist because you are not expected to be able to supply all of your own demand because this is a multiplayer game.

It’s ArenaNet’s fault for having such a low droprate of the item in the first place. They have to solve this issue. The worst part of the leather is that you need it to reach 500 in armorsmith. The price discourage people from even wanting to level it up. This results in a bad image for the game and for the company and their decisions.

Leather can not be collected from nodes like iron, wood or plants. That’s a huge misstep. Why can’t it be gathered directly from dead animals?
If they let us gather leather from dead animals the economy of leather would be normalized. It would also add one more harvesting item in the gem store for them to sell and increase the company’s income.

If they can’t add this within 1 year they have failed as a company.

Hardened Leather Section

Posted by: smiling.9028

smiling.9028

Leather can not be collected from nodes like iron, wood or plants. That’s a huge misstep. Why can’t it be gathered directly from dead animals?
If they let us gather leather from dead animals the economy of leather would be normalized. It would also add one more harvesting item in the gem store for them to sell and increase the company’s income.

Try this: Buy lv 80 leather rare up to 80% the value of Ectos, Mass salvage it all and sell ectos to break even(ish). Keep leather and enjoy the 100% price discount

(edited by smiling.9028)

Hardened Leather Section

Posted by: Skittish.4539

Skittish.4539

It’s ArenaNet’s fault for having such a low droprate of the item in the first place. They have to solve this issue. The worst part of the leather is that you need it to reach 500 in armorsmith. The price discourage people from even wanting to level it up. This results in a bad image for the game and for the company and their decisions.

They just added a leather node to the guild hall for you to farm. You’re welcome.

Hardened Leather Section

Posted by: nsleep.7839

nsleep.7839

They decreased the salvage rate, added more materials required to refining squares, added leather to the patches recipes and introduced sinks (ascended gear, guild halls.)

No, the market won’t fix itself in the case of leather, it’s a requirement to anyone wanting to make ascended gear and exotics that aren’t obtainable via dungeons and those are things needed by almost every player that doesn’t want to be a scrub forever, and the drop rates are egregious and unreliable. It’s not a guild hall node or a few WvW nodes that will solve this issue.

Hardened Leather Section

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Only thing I’d ask for is lower the amount of needed to make a cured hardened leather section from 3 to 2. At least then the crafting cost can be a bit lower.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Hardened Leather Section

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

They decreased the salvage rate, added more materials required to refining squares, added leather to the patches recipes and introduced sinks (ascended gear, guild halls.)

No, the market won’t fix itself in the case of leather, it’s a requirement to anyone wanting to make ascended gear and exotics that aren’t obtainable via dungeons and those are things needed by almost every player that doesn’t want to be a scrub forever, and the drop rates are egregious and unreliable. It’s not a guild hall node or a few WvW nodes that will solve this issue.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. This really needs to be fixed ANet. Stop making excuses and just do it.

Hardened Leather Section

Zoid.2568

Try this: Buy lv 80 leather mastercrafted up to 80% the value of Ectos, Mass salvage it all and sell ectos to break even(ish). Keep leather and enjoy the 100% price discount

Thank you for the tip. I make more money by salvaging the ecto though, so might be worth it.

Hardened Leather Section

Posted by: Reydien.9471

Reydien.9471

If they let us gather leather from dead animals the economy of leather would be normalized.

Would it be normalized, or would leather go back to being utterly worthless? They have to worry about things going too far in the other direction too, you know.

Before the expansion came out, both T5 and T6 leather sections were pretty much bottomed out on the marketplace: Thick Leather Sections were 9 copper, with a supply over 15 million, and Hardened Leather Sections were 10 copper, with a supply over 5 million. This was how T5/6 leather was since basically launch, 3 years of it being so worthless people were begging Arenanet for a way to downgrade T5 into T4 leather (which was worth over 2s at the time, more than 20x).

Hardened Leather Section

Posted by: ekarat.1085

ekarat.1085

They won’t, and they shouldn’t.

The price is perceived as high, so people sit on leather rather than sell it, which causes prices to continue to go up. Eventually, people sell, which starts crashing the price as everyone races to sell their stacks before the price goes even lower.

Finally, we end up with all the stockpiled leather out in the market.

Hardened Leather Section

Posted by: Dragon.8762

Dragon.8762

I’ll admit, I’m actually one of those people that have a lot of leather but I’m currently just stock piling them up. But I’m only doing this for personal use.

Hardened Leather Section

Posted by: Daroon.1736

Daroon.1736

Drop rate hasn’t changed since launch from what I recall. Anet is only at fault for adding additional sinks for it with HoT and after. You then have players who are holding onto their leather or intentionally stockpiling large quantities.

The drop rate has absolutely changed.

At one time, a year or so ago, there was a scarcity of silk and an abundance of leather.
this was due to the tiny percentage of light armour drops Vs heavy or medium in particular (which made up most armour loot)

Anet came in and did a ‘fix’ and what we now have is the reverse of what was happening then. lots of light and heavy armour Vs very very little medium armour drops.

This is not a players holding on to items problem, this is a ‘Anet fixed one problem and created another’ issue.

Hardened Leather Section

Ayrilana.1396

The drop rate has absolutely changed.

At one time, a year or so ago, there was a scarcity of silk and an abundance of leather.
this was due to the tiny percentage of light armour drops Vs heavy or medium in particular (which made up most armour loot)

Anet came in and did a ‘fix’ and what we now have is the reverse of what was happening then. lots of light and heavy armour Vs very very little medium armour drops.

This is not a players holding on to items problem, this is a ‘Anet fixed one problem and created another’ issue.

There was an abundance because leather had little use. That change was based on the class you played and would not be significant enough to have caused what we see today. Players holding onto inventory can very well be a contributing factor. Just look at mustic coins. Unless someone has a post from Anet stating that they changed the drop rate, or some quantitative proof, you cannot accurately claim it as a fact that drop rates were changed.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Hardened Leather Section

Posted by: ekarat.1085

ekarat.1085

I’ll admit, I’m actually one of those people that have a lot of leather but I’m currently just stock piling them up. But I’m only doing this for personal use.

I’m not talking about you. I’m talking about people who sit on far more stacks of leather than they can personally use with the intention of selling when the price is high. Personal use is different.

Note that I don’t think it’s inherently wrong to hoard and speculate — just that too many people are doing it too much to the point where it may be creating a bubble that will pop at some point when people decide that it is a bubble. Often it’s the original speculators who sell off while leaving the “me too” speculators losing a bunch of money.

Hardened Leather Section

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Good thing the dev in charge of the economy said he isn’t going to manipulate it anymore for the time being since he has manipulated it a lot up until recently.

And there are an abundance of easy ways to get hardened leather people just don’t want to put the time/effort to get them.

Hardened Leather Section

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

No, because I deserve my money back from when I needed them. Now I get to sell all the ones I find now. Away with your suggestions. >=(

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Hardened Leather Section

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

Several things changed.
Asc armor needing much more leather.
many more wanting asc armor for raiding purposes.
Anet did a some not insignificant changes to drop rates & salvage rates around the time hot was released.
Also engineer, thief, and especially druid became very prevalent classes that people needed geared. Thus greater demand for leather based armour, and much greater demand to get leatherworker to 500.

Over time most of those sink holes will actually fill up, and supply will steadily build up for t6 leather. It does suck if you need t6 leather in the short & medium term however.

Things like mystic coins are a different kettle of fish. _ we can actually quantify that the supply went down.
There was also a huge demand spike with HoT – the specialization collection weapons – they require mystic weapons, and therefore mystic coins.
Also the hot legendaries added a significant sink hole for them.

Anet won’t budge on mystic coins for a simple reason: It’s a cash cow & statistics manipulation strategy.
How so?
They convince people with $$$ to burn to buy more accounts, and log into them daily.
More account sales = more $$$ for anet.
More daily logins means better statistics to BS investors/shareholders with.
Anet is letting players simply log into more accounts to feed the need for mystic coins.
There was even a reddit post for an application to allow people to log in with multiple accounts more easily a few days ago.
Yes, its extremely shady, and underhanded.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Hardened Leather Section

Posted by: Atros.9607

Atros.9607

There are lots of examples of the insider trading that went down prior to HoT and the new markets. Anet’s hands on the market just made it worse and now the laissez faire attitude is going to sink the market even further since lots of “investors” are sitting on stacks and stacks of T6 leather.

The demand will stay the same since we are still getting players to run druids and engineers as some metas call for it. But the absolute worst part are the changes in input for the leather. This thing is everywhere now and with the new recipes and quotas for upgrades, the price will not be going back to its pre-HoT days. I think we are lucky to have it stable around 20s as the speculators could easily jack the prices on us at any moment…

[ShW] Shrouded Warband § Gold Invader § Fort Aspenwood
My pugs are not lemmings, they just fell off that cliff because I did

Hardened Leather Section

Posted by: smiling.9028

smiling.9028

Unless someone has a post from Anet stating that they changed the drop rate, or some quantitative proof, you cannot accurately claim it as a fact that drop rates were changed.

I salvage a ton of rares every day. last year I couldn’t get rid of T6 leather and usually got a full stack of it every time I salvaged 300 items (my usual buy order cut off). The daily average on T6 leather is now between 30 and 75 for the same 300 items. It isn’t a consipracy, it’s a proveable fact. Still if you b/o your items there’s still a small profit involved even if you don’t sell back the T6 leather but rng luck plays into major rune in the MF.

Hardened Leather Section

Ayrilana.1396

Unless someone has a post from Anet stating that they changed the drop rate, or some quantitative proof, you cannot accurately claim it as a fact that drop rates were changed.

I salvage a ton of rares every day. last year I couldn’t get rid of T6 leather and usually got a full stack of it every time I salvaged 300 items (my usual buy order cut off). The daily average on T6 leather is now between 30 and 75 for the same 300 items. It isn’t a consipracy, it’s a proveable fact. Still if you b/o your items there’s still a small profit involved even if you don’t sell back the T6 leather but rng luck plays into major rune in the MF.

That’s more observational than quantifiable. I can state the opposite but that wouldn’t make it true. Quantifiable proof would be a lot of salvages, taking into account what is being salvaged, and aggregating all of the information together to come up with a salvage rate.

Hardened Leather Section

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Do you have documentation of that? If not, then natural human bias is likely skewing things and unfortunately too much so for most people for any company to go off of anecdotal evidence. If so, make a ticket and then when the confirmation email comes, reply and attach your documentation. Because if there has been no posted change in drop rate, it may be an accident that it got changed.

Hardened Leather Section

Ayrilana.1396

That’s more observational than quantifiable. I can state the opposite but that wouldn’t make it true.

Agreed that my numbers are only my own and by provable i mean if you sat down and documented it the results (based on my experience) would show a decrease.

That would be a hypothesis. Experiences are rarely reliable but they often lead one to conduct tests to verify whether it is true or not.

Those of you who seem to have made it your personal crusade to deny any mention of the subject will continue to flood these threads and try to make it seem like we’re all wearing tinfoil hats. This is the joy of GW2 forums.

Well the thing is that nobody has offered any evidence that the salvage rate has been changed and is what is impacting the current price trend. We have had people make claims before based on their experience which turned out to be wrong. Ectos always seem to be one that gets claimed to have changed with only one instance turning out to be true and people actually verified it.

You could state the opposite and it most certainly would not be true.

Use a medium armour wearing character (which should give you the most chance of obtaining leather items to salvage) – open a 250 stacks of loot bags – salvage all armour and weps – and I can guarantee you that you will have more silk than leather.

I know because I have done it a several times recently, others clearly are seeing the same thing – Anet stated they changed things when they made the adjustments to improve silk drops last year.

Except it’s in the person making the claim to back it up otherwise I can say that Pluto is inhabited by Quaggan and anyone that disagrees I can just tell to prove me wrong. To out it in another way, someone comes into the forums claiming that the ecto rate is half of what it was the day before. It would be on that player to prove their case and not everyone else to prove them wrong.

Opening 250 stacks has hardly been done and documented. If it has then point me to the source. Otherwise, all you’re doing is making a hypothetical claim. You’ve opened 250 stacks of loot bags several times recently? That’s quite a lot and I’m thinking that you’re greatly exaggerating that number. One of the main reasons why someone’s experience cannot be relied on. If you mean a stack then that sample size is way too small.

Hardened Leather Section

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The price is perceived as high, so people sit on leather rather than sell it, which causes prices to continue to go up. Eventually, people sell, which starts crashing the price as everyone races to sell their stacks before the price goes even lower.

That’s a very big a_s_sumption however. Some people may do that, but many others hoard leather not because they perceive it to be pricey, but because it is really hard to reliably farm. There’s no point in selling something you know you will need in the future.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Hardened Leather Section

OriOri.8724

That’s a very big a_s_sumption however. Some people may do that, but many others hoard leather not because they perceive it to be pricey, but because it is really hard to reliably farm. There’s no point in selling something you know you will need in the future.

Compounding this is the sheer quantity of leather you need for everything. Of course a lot of people are hoarding what leather they get. If there is even a chance that they will need it in the future (and for anyone that likes to craft that chance is almost guaranteed), why would they sell it when they cannot reliably get the amount they need without buying it?

Hardened Leather Section

Posted by: Nikal.4921

Nikal.4921

Alls I know is, I get way more silk than leather. More silk than I need, not enough leather to meet my needs. There is an imbalance that I would like to see remedied.

Hardened Leather Section

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

There’s more than enough leather in the game. Anet really can’t do much because a majority of leather mats are being hoarded up by players. If drop rates are increased, then there’s too much leather. There’s no reason to unload our stacks into the TP, because no one wants to be caught with their pants down should a new recipe requiring leather mats be released.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Hardened Leather Section

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

There’s more than enough leather in the game. Anet really can’t do much because a majority of leather mats are being hoarded up by players. If drop rates are increased, then there’s too much leather. There’s no reason to unload our stacks into the TP, because no one wants to be caught with their pants down should a new recipe requiring leather mats be released.

I have to wonder how they get this information from the data on their hands. Just because someone has X amount of T6 leather and isn’t selling any doesn’t mean they aren’t actively going to use it.

I feel like most of the playerbase falls into the category where they need say, 250 T6 leather but have 100-200 in the bank and don’t want to buy them at current prices instead opting to wait/farm for it. From ANet’s point of view they aren’t actively using the leather and are classed as hoarding but in fact they have a very real demand for the leather in the immediate near future but just not willing to purchase at this price point.

From my point of view there is so much demand for T6 leather in almost every area of the game the supply really doesn’t keep up with the demand even if ANet’s “data” says otherwise

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Hardened Leather Section

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

We just lost any chance we would have had of ANet actually fixing the leather market

Except the leather market doesn’t need fixing. People acquire leather and people sell it. You can buy all you need; I can sell all I want. That indicates that the market is working.

What people object to is the price and there’s nothing written in the universe that buyers are the only ones that get to set a price.

What John Smith said, somewhat confusingly, was that when ANet has tried to adjust prices (by influencing supply or demand), it hasn’t worked out. Sellers panic when there’s a tiny bit of supply added that they know about and buyers panic when they hear a hint of increased demand. (Not to mention speculators are able to profit from the rumors.) And at this point, we should all know that it’s very painful if ANet makes big changes to supply or demand: witness what happened to resonating slivers (nearly worthless now) or leather (what many are complaining about here).

What John Smith said ANet would do in response (again, somewhat confusingly) is to let us know that they are not going to do anything for now. They are going to let things get worse so that we stop relying on them to manually adjust prices. They are going to wait for people to determine just what they are willing to pay (or to sell for) rather than jump on the buy/sell train when there are small changes

It’s a solid theory, with plenty of Real World™ examples of this working (e.g. central banks sometimes letting interest rates go nuts), although it tends to create very painful temporary situations as the market finds new equilibria.

In practice, TBD. Even the best economists are better at predicting yesterday’s results than tomorrow’s.

In short, Smith said ANet’s interventions in the short term won’t make things better for the community and he’s taking a hands-off policy for now, letting things get worse so that they can make more nuanced and targeted changes without people going completely nuts.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Hardened Leather Section

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

iirc, Anet made one of those on-site, in-the-game-launcher announcements about the salvage changes in the run-up to HoT. It should still be on the site somewhere.

Hardened Leather Section

OriOri.8724

We just lost any chance we would have had of ANet actually fixing the leather market

Except the leather market doesn’t need fixing. People acquire leather and people sell it. You can buy all you need; I can sell all I want. That indicates that the market is working.

What people object to is the price and there’s nothing written in the universe that buyers are the only ones that get to set a price.

What John Smith said, somewhat confusingly, was that when ANet has tried to adjust prices (by influencing supply or demand), it hasn’t worked out. Sellers panic when there’s a tiny bit of supply added that they know about and buyers panic when they hear a hint of increased demand. (Not to mention speculators are able to profit from the rumors.) And at this point, we should all know that it’s very painful if ANet makes big changes to supply or demand: witness what happened to resonating slivers (nearly worthless now) or leather (what many are complaining about here).

What John Smith said ANet would do in response (again, somewhat confusingly) is to let us know that they are not going to do anything for now. They are going to let things get worse so that we stop relying on them to manually adjust prices. They are going to wait for people to determine just what they are willing to pay (or to sell for) rather than jump on the buy/sell train when there are small changes

It’s a solid theory, with plenty of Real World™ examples of this working (e.g. central banks sometimes letting interest rates go nuts), although it tends to create very painful temporary situations as the market finds new equilibria.

In practice, TBD. Even the best economists are better at predicting yesterday’s results than tomorrow’s.

In short, Smith said ANet’s interventions in the short term won’t make things better for the community and he’s taking a hands-off policy for now, letting things get worse so that they can make more nuanced and targeted changes without people going completely nuts.

Again I think he is missing the picture here. Yes, we all know it has almost never worked out like ANet intended it when they mess with the economy. But thats only because they are too heavy handed, not because they shouldn’t be managing it. Of course leather flipped completely when they simultaneously:

1 – Decreased salvage rates
2 – Increase number of raw leather needed to refine
3 – Increased number of refined leather needed in recipes
4 – Added huge, brand new sinks for leather in the GH upgrades
5 – Added even more, brand new, huge T5 leather sinks in the new Legendary collections

I mean come on, anybody could have seen that doing all of those at the same time would not have the desired effect on leather prices. It was way too heavyhanded.

Same thing with mystic coins (another item whose price has been an aggravating point of debate in recent months). Anet didn’t increase the supply at all outside of a tiny trickle (that came months after HoT did btw, and few to nobody participates anymore anyway), yet added absolutely massive new sinks for mystic coins with the GH upgrades, and the new legendaries requiring 500 mystic coins instead of just 250.

I get it, they see a problem and want to correct it, but they can’t be so heavy handed if they want to see good results. Change one or two things at a time, maximum, and then let it settle. It allows the economy to balance itself more, and prevents you from taking something from one extreme to the other without ever finding a happy medium.

And back on topic, I highly doubt the leather prices will come down. Anet keeps saying that people are hoarding them, but I seriously don’t think they are looking at why people are hoarding them. Its because of the sheer quantity that you need to craft anything.

When you need 8 Elonian Leather Squares just to craft a single Medium Ascended Coat (totaling 1,600 thick leather sections), of course people are going to hoard all the T5 leather they get. The incoming supply to each player is so kitten low that if you were to sell your own supply, you would never be able to farm that much back on your own. The same is not true for wood or ore, or even silk since it drops so often, you could farm that back in a few days, weeks at the most, but not leather. This is the big problem with leather. There might be a lot out there, but its already spoken for, and people don’t want to move their supply and sell it because the only way to get it back in any reasonable time frame is to buy it on the TP, and its simply not worth it.

If only ANet didn’t insist on being so heavy handed with the economy we wouldn’t be in this situation where they feel they are better off doing nothing at all instead of managing their own economy.

Hardened Leather Section

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Same thing with mystic coins (another item whose price has been an aggravating point of debate in recent months). Anet didn’t increase the supply at all outside of a tiny trickle (that came months after HoT did btw, and few to nobody participates anymore anyway), yet added absolutely massive new sinks for mystic coins with the GH upgrades, and the new legendaries requiring 500 mystic coins instead of just 250.

I get it, they see a problem and want to correct it, but they can’t be so heavy handed if they want to see good results. Change one or two things at a time, maximum, and then let it settle. It allows the economy to balance itself more, and prevents you from taking something from one extreme to the other without ever finding a happy medium.

And back on topic, I highly doubt the leather prices will come down. Anet keeps saying that people are hoarding them, but I seriously don’t think they are looking at why people are hoarding them. Its because of the sheer quantity that you need to craft anything.

When you need 8 Elonian Leather Squares just to craft a single Medium Ascended Coat (totaling 1,600 thick leather sections), of course people are going to hoard all the T5 leather they get. The incoming supply to each player is so kitten low that if you were to sell your own supply, you would never be able to farm that much back on your own. The same is not true for wood or ore, or even silk since it drops so often, you could farm that back in a few days, weeks at the most, but not leather. This is the big problem with leather. There might be a lot out there, but its already spoken for, and people don’t want to move their supply and sell it because the only way to get it back in any reasonable time frame is to buy it on the TP, and its simply not worth it.

If only ANet didn’t insist on being so heavy handed with the economy we wouldn’t be in this situation where they feel they are better off doing nothing at all instead of managing their own economy.

The problem with the Mystic Coins is that there are more being generated than are being consumed (and by that I mean put into the forge or whatever and being used) per statements made by ANet. They risk the market sending them to vendor trash if they do anything with the unused supply sitting so high. Even that trickle they did caused a slight panikittenil people realized it was once per day.

Hardened Leather Section

Posted by: Stiofan.6720

Stiofan.6720

Why can leather not be salvaged from heavy/light armour? When it is now required (in boat loads i may add) to craft heavy/light armour. It’s not fair to heavy/light only players.

Hardened Leather Section

Posted by: nsleep.7839

nsleep.7839

That’s more observational than quantifiable. I can state the opposite but that wouldn’t make it true.

Agreed that my numbers are only my own and by provable i mean if you sat down and documented it the results (based on my experience) would show a decrease.

That would be a hypothesis. Experiences are rarely reliable but they often lead one to conduct tests to verify whether it is true or not.

Those of you who seem to have made it your personal crusade to deny any mention of the subject will continue to flood these threads and try to make it seem like we’re all wearing tinfoil hats. This is the joy of GW2 forums.

Well the thing is that nobody has offered any evidence that the salvage rate has been changed and is what is impacting the current price trend. We have had people make claims before based on their experience which turned out to be wrong. Ectos always seem to be one that gets claimed to have changed with only one instance turning out to be true and people actually verified it.

You could state the opposite and it most certainly would not be true.

Use a medium armour wearing character (which should give you the most chance of obtaining leather items to salvage) – open a 250 stacks of loot bags – salvage all armour and weps – and I can guarantee you that you will have more silk than leather.

I know because I have done it a several times recently, others clearly are seeing the same thing – Anet stated they changed things when they made the adjustments to improve silk drops last year.

Except it’s in the person making the claim to back it up otherwise I can say that Pluto is inhabited by Quaggan and anyone that disagrees I can just tell to prove me wrong. To out it in another way, someone comes into the forums claiming that the ecto rate is half of what it was the day before. It would be on that player to prove their case and not everyone else to prove them wrong.

Opening 250 stacks has hardly been done and documented. If it has then point me to the source. Otherwise, all you’re doing is making a hypothetical claim. You’ve opened 250 stacks of loot bags several times recently? That’s quite a lot and I’m thinking that you’re greatly exaggerating that number. One of the main reasons why someone’s experience cannot be relied on. If you mean a stack then that sample size is way too small.

There is this one:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4k2qwb/data_i_opened_1814_fine_caches_from_hot_pve_at/

Take whatever you want from this post. But remember that recipes is general require more leather than other materials.

(edited by nsleep.7839)

Hardened Leather Section

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Leather might get the Mystic Coin treatment. Supply drops while demand increases until the market can no longer keep up

Hardened Leather Section

OriOri.8724

The problem with the Mystic Coins is that there are more being generated than are being consumed (and by that I mean put into the forge or whatever and being used) per statements made by ANet. They risk the market sending them to vendor trash if they do anything with the unused supply sitting so high. Even that trickle they did caused a slight panikittenil people realized it was once per day.

I know, and they should have added sinks for mystic coins. But I just think that too many sinks were added simultaneously, and people panicked. Mystic coins may sort themselves out eventually, but I really do not think that leather will sort itself out.

Hardened Leather Section

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

I know, and they should have added sinks for mystic coins. But I just think that too many sinks were added simultaneously, and people panicked. Mystic coins may sort themselves out eventually, but I really do not think that leather will sort itself out.

Not if they keep adding legendaries that require ~ 500 mystic coins they won’t..

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Hardened Leather Section

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Not if they keep adding legendaries that require ~ 500 mystic coins they won’t..

You don’t need 500 mystic coins though for any of the since you can get Mystic Clovers for free very efficiently….