Hardest map completion?

Hardest map completion?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DoesntAfraid.9218

DoesntAfraid.9218

What do you think is the hardest map to complete in GW2?

Not including Black Citadel aka “reskinned water temple from Ocarina of Time with elevators and a useless map” of course.

Hardest map completion?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

The HoT maps. All the core maps are easy, just time consuming.

The Burninator

Hardest map completion?

Posted by: Moyayuki.3619

Moyayuki.3619

HoT for sure. However, I’d say one map that I groan at every time I need to complete it has to be Brisban Wildlands. It’s easy to get into due to it’s level range, and as such becomes a common place for Humans, Asura, and Sylvari to go to. However, some parts of it are just a chore to get to, with all of the bandits lying between WPs. I dunno, I just have always been annoyed by that map. I know there are several which I’d consider “hard” beyond HoT, but my memory is failing me at this moment!

Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: Moonlit Renegades (Moon)
Highest-Level Toon: Markus Emmerich, 80 Human Scrapper

Hardest map completion?

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Chantry of Secrets. Takes forever!

Hardest map completion?

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Out of the HoT maps, probably Tanged Depths.

Though, out of Central Tyrian ones, Iron Marches is particularly annoying for me, followed closely by Dredgehaunt Cliffs!

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Hardest map completion?

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

Black Citadel worst citadel.

Hardest map completion?

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

There’s not really any hard ones imo but there are a few that are annoying or boring due to various events or bugs that happen often.

Diessa Plateau – Is one that comes to mind, that 1 heart with the cows you feed and do emotes too was always bugged for me, cold never wash the stinky ones and the bug catching became very annoying after they changed it. So for me you are always left with spamming the cows with emotes and waiting to be able to do that again.

Blazeridge Steppes – I think it’s this map that has that heart where you have to use stealth to tag things. You move SOOOO slow it is super annoying. Not only that but the npcs who spot you seem to have some super keen sense in doing so. Ultimately for me the spammy nature of having to run back to the npc to get the stealth again and the super slow movement is such a put off I resort to cheesing it. That being, park my char in stealth near the first dummy and just sit there tagging that one over and over. Of course you have to wait a min or so between chances to tag it again – more super boredom.

Wayfarer Foothills – I think this is the one with the Jotun Trading Heart. It used to be super annoying but thankfully they have made it you can kill the wolves or whatever now so not too bad.

Caledon Forest – I guess it’s not too bad but it just seems bigger than the other starter areas or maybe just more stuff to do, more hearts perhaps? Not only that but the minimap looks very messy to me.

Apart from that I have no other issues off the top of my head. Even after I had to take about 8 or 9 of my alts through the WvW maps as well lol.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

Hardest map completion?

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Black Citadel worst citadel.

Once you know this map it’s actually probably the easiest/quickest city map to do, very fast. However all city maps are pretty crap reward wise so yeah meh anyways lol. Unless you are farming Trans Charges of course.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Hardest map completion?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

None are difficult. Lornar’s is one of the longest though.

Hardest map completion?

Posted by: CaelestiaEmpyrea.2617

CaelestiaEmpyrea.2617

Auric Basin. Far too many poi’s are event-gated and inaccessible unless the map meta has progressed far enough. Before gliding in central Tyria, Dry Top took the title of worst map to complete.

Tangled Depths is VERY hard the first time, but now that I’ve done it with 3 characters, it’s one of my favorites to do. My last run through it took just under an hour for everything except the combat HPs.

Hardest map completion?

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Black citadel was easy to map complete o.0

The hardest ones are hands down the HoT maps because you have to work on your masteries before you can even access parts of them

Hardest map completion?

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

— Central Tyria

• Malchor’s Leap. Every mob is there to annoy you and there’s these really annoying spots. Most of the time the only reason I enter there is to find the way to Cursed Shore.
  • Dredgehaunt Cliffs. Singlehandedly made me hate Dredge
  • Diessa Plateau. Just feels like filler
  • Brisban Wildlands. Meandering with these hills that look like you can climb but you really can’t. The abundance of iron and wood made me hate it less.

—HoT

• Tangled Depths— is like the above but, much, much worse. Especially without masteries.
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Hardest map completion?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Tangled Depths without masteries. VB and AB also get honorable mentions because of hero points guarded by champs.

Hardest map completion?

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

None are difficult. Lornar’s is one of the longest though.

Both in gw2 & 1 ;-)

Hardest map completion?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Which one has the heart where you have to stealth to sneak past the Ash Legion? I swear that Heart takes longer than the rest of the map to complete…

Hardest map completion?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Which one has the heart where you have to stealth to sneak past the Ash Legion? I swear that Heart takes longer than the rest of the map to complete…

It is Blazeridge Steppes and isn’t that hard. You just sneak to the closest 3 flags over and over after they reset The one immediately to the upper right along like a hall way is easiest aside from the first one on the left. Takes like 10 – 15 minutes at most. But true if you try to stealth your way to all the flags you are going to have a hard time.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Hardest map completion?

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

The Blazeridge Steppes stealth heart was actually one I found extremely fun thanks to the challenge it presented.

I actually find Divinity’s Reach to be harder to Map Complete than Black Citadel due to how sprawling the city is.

But, as others say – Tangled Depths is hardest to Map Complete. No other map has a Champion Mushroom Queen hero point.

Hardest map completion?

Posted by: Azakael.3019

Azakael.3019

Barring HoT maps, Dredgehaunt Cliffs.
It’s not that the content itself is difficult, it’s just tedious to complete.
Oddly though, the Ascalon maps are typically always my last ones to complete.

Hardest map completion?

Posted by: Vephar.8475

Vephar.8475

LORNARS. FREAKING. PASS.

43 POINTS OF INTERESTS, REALLY? These points aren’t even interesting. Make it stop.

Hardest map completion?

Ayrilana.1396

This is more or less what I used for map completion the past 6 times. It makes most of the maps easy.

http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/mmo/guild-wars-2/402066-guide-exploring-world-optimized-way-all-areas.html

Hardest map completion?

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Definitely Tangled Depths.

Gone to Reddit.

Hardest map completion?

Posted by: ardhikaizecson.3697

ardhikaizecson.3697

Black Citadel, Rata Sum, Malchor Leap and Tangled Depths, the easiest would be Dragon Stand for Hot, and Queensdale for core

Hardest map completion?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

TD is not that bad except maybe the mushroom HP.

DS has the gated parts …

Hardest map completion?

Posted by: Alex Shatter.7956

Alex Shatter.7956

I don’t know if there is a “hardest”, but here are my least favorites:

CENTRAL TYRIA:

1. Frostgorge Sound. The dredge one with the power suit is cumbersome after you get over the nifty references to the soviet union. The kodan quotes and teachings read like Jaden Smith’s twitter feed and to complete those hearts, you have to find every last bear. In addition, they quiz you on their nonsense, hand-wavy religion so you actually have to read through the bad writing

2. Diessa Plateau and Iron Marches because it is the Nebraska of Tyria. Miles and miles of nothing interesting

3. Dredgehaunt cliffs is kind of an eyesore compared to the other beautiful shiverpeaks maps… Like comparing freshly fallen snow on evergreen trees to the grey sludge snow in parking lots. Idk so many people disapprove of Lornar’s Pass, it’s gorgeous and gliding makes it a breeze.

HEART OF THORNS:

All of them, because of the mastery system. Verdant Brink is probably the easiest, but I don’t think Tangled Depths is that much harder than Auric Basin or Dragonstand

Hardest map completion?

Posted by: Esquilax.3491

Esquilax.3491

That one hero challenge place of power in Tangled Depths where you had to swim through a tunnel under Rata Novus and climb some rocks into a secret lab. Seriously on the map it shows that it’s in some Chak Tunnels… I spent hours running around those tunnels before I had to youtube it and was like “wtf? How am I supposed to find that without youtubing it?”. Stuff like that really annoys me.

Hardest map completion?

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

None are that hard too long …… except for those with a jumping puzzle attached to a vista or hero point. I am just not that good at jumping puzzles so those take me the longest.

Hardest map completion?

Posted by: Rhaegar.1203

Rhaegar.1203

All the HoT maps; meta-tied POI, group Hero Points, inaccessible Mastery Points and/or POI/Vistas without training your masteries…

But the Chamsp HPs that you can only complete with a group is discouraging.

Hardest map completion?

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

HoT in the usual dead map. I’ve seen people request help for hero challenges for hours. It’s the reason I haven’t bothered with HoT map completion on alts.

Hardest map completion?

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

Worst? Tangled Depths
Worst non-HoT? For me it would be Malchor’s

Hardest map completion?

Khisanth.2948

That one hero challenge place of power in Tangled Depths where you had to swim through a tunnel under Rata Novus and climb some rocks into a secret lab. Seriously on the map it shows that it’s in some Chak Tunnels… I spent hours running around those tunnels before I had to youtube it and was like “wtf? How am I supposed to find that without youtubing it?”. Stuff like that really annoys me.

You also go there as part of the story.

Hardest map completion?

Ayrilana.1396

Through a portal which you don’t have access to in the open world. Unless I’m mistaken and have been going there the long way.

Hardest map completion?

Khisanth.2948

Through a portal which you don’t have access to in the open world. Unless I’m mistaken and have been going there the long way.

It shows that there is another layer of stuff besides the tunnels.

Hardest map completion?

Posted by: nsleep.7839

nsleep.7839

Straits of Devastation – while everything in Orr is made to annoy the players, this map is extra irritating with its water sections and mobs that are cc spamming health points sponges. At least in the others you almost entirely avoid the water but they are close second and third.

Hardest map completion?

Posted by: Moyayuki.3619

Moyayuki.3619

Okay, I am now looking at a list of each zone in the wiki, so now I can give the answers I would have given earlier.

Ascalon:

• Fields of Ruin – Always found it somewhat boring.

Kryta:

• Harathi Hinterlands – I usually never go into that map until I need to finish world completion. I just find it tedious and boring.

Maguuma Jungle:

• Brisban Wildlands – Annoying due to its layout, especially the bandit-heavy zones and the swamp.
  • Mount Maelstrom – Again, tedious in areas.

Ruins of Orr:

• A little bit of each map, really, but I understand that’s the point. It was the end-game region before Wastes and Heart. But if I had to choose…
  • Straits of Devastation – Always some important WPs being contested, so I’ve had to run around on foot for most of my runs through it.

Shiverpeak Mountains:

• Dredgehaunt Cliffs – Simply annoying, especially the Dredge-centric areas.
  • Frostgorge Sound – Feels very sprawling.

And then, of course, all of Dry Top, Silverwastes, and every HoT map, because reasons.

Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: Moonlit Renegades (Moon)
Highest-Level Toon: Markus Emmerich, 80 Human Scrapper

Hardest map completion?

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

It’s all a matter of perspective. Now that you know where it is, it’s an easy HP to grab. That’s how TD is. It’s difficult to learn, but once you do it’s actually the most convenient map to navigate in the game.

That’s why I love it! It’s intricate, but even more than it first appears because underneath that convoluted surface is an elegant design that once you understand it allows you to get around quickly.