Hardest/most annoying enemies

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Anything that CC’s
I know there are counters to it and I use it whenever reasonable. But being knocked back or whatever and having to wait till you can do some good is really annoying!

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Imbune.5497

Imbune.5497

If I’m on the thief, then dredge. Simply because I tend to use blinds as defense and dredge say ‘kitten please-I was born blind!’ Outside of those both the little frezy-poison spewing undead and the krait are things I generally tend to want to stay away from (the former especially if I’m on an ele/mesmer).

When free speech ends, tyranny begins.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their proper name.

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

It’s the dredge protectors…. hands down.

You gotta cc them or lure them out of their protective circles otherwise they are invulnerable for 90% of the fight.

Heaven forbid its a champ in a fully scaled event….. 60 stacks of defiance…. my lord.

So kittening annoying.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I used to really hate Skelk and any other creature that goes invisible and forces you to drop target on them. I got so fed up with it one day I decided to actually try using the flamethrower (back then I never used it). I discovered the wonder of the kit with it’s “spray and pray” aoe wide attack. Since then I have not looked back and it works just as well in PvP/WvW against those baddy thieves. :P Another thing is it has a range of like 400 (which actually seems more like 600) yet it does NOT reflect back at you like other missile attacks do when the enemy puts up a reflect shield etc.

So the moral of the story is if you are finding certain creatures a pain to kill – try something else your class has at their disposal because there is a good chance that a weapon or utility you usually don’t use might be perfectly suited to deal with them.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Veteran icebrood wolves that can virtually 1-shot you if you’re not a heavy class and under 100% health.

Anything that stuns/dazes. Aetherblades in particular.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: godofcows.2451

godofcows.2451

warriors :-)

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

I hate anything that spawns large numbers of regular enemies (champion spiders and krait witches, Veteran risen alcolytes)

I really hate Champion spiders and everything it spawns because they all have cc of some sort. Its also annoying when it spawns several equal level veterans.

I especially hate Veteran Risen Alcolytes because 1) they don’t do what their standard version does, and 2) they summon an exploding risen plague guy in with the other 4 it summons, and It never fails to explode when you can’t even tell its about to because the other summon risen swarm you at the same time, and the animation that says “hey, I’m about to blow up in your face!” isn’t noticeable enough.

Also…that very rare risen jester that spawns in group events that gets upgraded to elite or champion status.

Posted by: Black Dragon.3784

Black Dragon.3784

Soloing lupi and alphard

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Aetherblade Thugs, or for that matter any enemy that spams knockdowns. As a necro it is bad enough my conditions do less than squat to most enemies, but they tend to do even less when on my back 90% of the time!

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

Players that use knockback in an aoe fight. My necro and elementalist hates them soooo much. You literally wasted several thousand damage with your crappy knockback skill, thanks.

Giants. Fight takes forever and you’re almost guaranteed to be solo for it.
Wayfarer Foothills Dome champ, he’s bugged so soloing him is difficult as if you lose aggro he’ll reset completely. Losing aggro on him is as simple as not being inside his circle (if he has to move from that spot, you lost aggro).

Those aetherblade that keep interrupting my long cooldown skills. Auto attack and anything less than 15 second cooldown no problem but if I touch a 20+second cooldown skill, instant interrupt and confusion(I think it’s confusion).

ANYTHING that slows me down when I’m just trying to go somewhere else.
“I see you’re in a hurry, how about a bolo to slow you down with?”
“Lemme see if I can snipe him on his way by!”
“OOH, did I just scratch you with my sword! Sorry, how about a fight?”

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

1. Non thrall type Risen: the CC and condition spam make them irritating when traveling.
  2. Aetherblade thumpers and thugs: the thugs can drop a five figure damage warbanner on top of you and the thumpers have the ludicrous invincibility shield in addition to their immobilize.
  3. Champion molten protectors: normal variations aren’t bad when people organize to pull and kill them outside of their ring of fire, but you can’t do that with the champions because of the defiant stacks.

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

1. Champion molten protectors: normal variations aren’t bad when people organize to pull and kill them outside of their ring of fire, but you can’t do that with the champions because of the defiant stacks.

Perfect storm of unintended interactions between mob design and event scaling that one.

The worst part is when it pretty much vanishes in FX smog and you can’t see it or the circle it dropped. All you see is your damage numbers suddenly going 0.. 0.. 0..