Has Auto Login been fixed in last patch?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

Q:

I was just watching WP video on Sept 30 patch and he states auto log in has been fixed, even though there’s no mention of it in the patch notes.

My log in isn’t fixed though, I still have to do it manually, which is a nuisance since i have a long password.

So I’m wondering if anyone else is able to auto log and if it’s just my game that is still bugged, or did WP make a mistake saying it was fixed?

Posted by: Yenn.9185

Yenn.9185

A:

The dots shown does not represent however many p/w characters you have. Once the password is saved, it will actually show less dots, on mine at least, than the your p/w. Just click login anyways.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Hmm..even though the ‘auto’ part of logging in was broken, the password and Account name still were saved, even though they appeared invisible. You should not have had to enter your password each time. Just had to click ‘Log In’.

Tiger Ashante.1792

Hmm..even though the ‘auto’ part of logging in was broken, the password and Account name still were saved, even though they appeared invisible. You should not have had to enter your password each time. Just had to click ‘Log In’.

Well with auto login the way it worked b4, i never had to click on log in, i would just kick off the launcher and the game loaded from there, but i’ll try that and see if it works. However, the problem is that for some reason, it doesn’t show the correct number of dots in the p/w field to represent my actual saved p/w and i’ll probably still have to type it in anyway.

Tiger Ashante.1792

Well thanks a lot guys, you saved me lots of typing it worked! yay! Thanks again.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

It worked for you after you retyped your login?

If so that’s good to know. I’ll give that a try.

Tiger Ashante.1792

No, I actually did just as Yenn said, kicked off the launcher and just hit login, despite the wrong number of dots showing in the p/w field and it worked, it loaded the game automatically. so yea it’s great.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

No, I actually did just as Yenn said, kicked off the launcher and just hit login, despite the wrong number of dots showing in the p/w field and it worked, it loaded the game automatically. so yea it’s great.

Oh ok. Yah, mine will login if I hit the button. It just won’t do it automatically right now.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I was pleased to see that it has too few dots. Not that anyone’s ever peering over my shoulder at home as I log in, but for those in less private play areas why clue anyone in as to exactly how many characters are in the password?