Has Rhendak cursed my acct?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

A while ago, i went into the Font of Rhand to get my Mowderey II item there and killed Rhendak along the way, which unlocked the treasure collection by getting his chalice. Since then, i’ve been trying on and off to get the Rhendak Signet, the exotic version to no avail.

For the past few weeks, i’ve made a concerted effort to get this item, once again to no avail. I’ve been trying on most days in that time, at first with one character, now with 2. At the beginning, i would get the big chest and a daily dangly chest, but in the past 2 weeks I’ve gotten those maybe twice. Even though i leave the map, some times for 2 days not attempting it, i still don’t get the big chest or the dangly one.

So i tried with a 2nd character and same thing happened. first few goes she gets the big and dangly chests, then nothing. I just tried again just now after not doing it for well over 24 hours and both my characters leaving the map and still neither of those chests spawned for either of them.

How exactly am i supposed to get this item if even the chests don’t appear that supposed to give me a small chance at this? I’m getting rather frustrated and on the verge of giving up.

This is not so much a complaint as is trying to understand what is going on with this item, how’s is this supposed to work and what am i doing wrong?

I see other ppl having the same issue, big chest not showing up and this item seems almost as rare as the precursor. In all the time i’ve been trying, i’ve seen maybe 2-3 ppl get it. Seriously? is this how all the collections work? I’m now dreading precursor crafting.

But if anyone else is experiencing this problem, please post here and maybe devs will change how we get this item, coz this is not fun at all.

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

… oO two weeks and you are already wondering? I clear rhendak on 5 char each day since 4 month and no item… same with ogre and commissar… two weeks is like nothing

PS: and to make it clear^^ often no chest too, but that’s just dimishing returns

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Tiger Ashante.1792

… oO two weeks and you are already wondering? I clear rhendak on 5 char each day since 4 month and no item… same with ogre and commissar… two weeks is like nothing

Perhaps i’ve not made myself clear, but I said i’ve been trying for weeks (more like 2 months now), but for the past 2 weeks not getting the big chest, please read my post again, thank you.

And i’m really sorry you’re having such a hard time getting it too. I thought collecting supposed to be fun, not an exercise in frustration.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I’ve also run into the problem that I’m not getting the big chest and the bonus chest anymore. It started about 2 weeks ago. I’d forgotten about it because I haven’t been there since then, but this post reminded me to go have a look. Still no rewards for my thief, except for what Rhendak drops himself. No chests.

Posted by: Bob F It.5701

Bob F It.5701

If you don’t get the chest after the daily reset, it’s because diminishing returns is hitting the character. Leave the character afk on the other side of the room, and the DR should cool off.

Right click your GW2 shortcut > “Properties”
“Shortcut” tab > “Target”
Add to the end " -bmp"

Tiger Ashante.1792

If you don’t get the chest after the daily reset, it’s because diminishing returns is hitting the character. Leave the character afk on the other side of the room, and the DR should cool off.

But shouldn’t DR cool off if u leave the map? like for a whole day? I was told to got to WvW and log out my char there, which i’ve tried several times, then try it again the next day but still nothing. My 2nd character has been in Black Citadel for the past 2 days, so i just went to try it again and still nothing. There’s something wrong here surely?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

But shouldn’t DR cool off if u leave the map? like for a whole day? I was told to got to WvW and log out my char there, which i’ve tried several times, then try it again the next day but still nothing. My 2nd character has been in Black Citadel for the past 2 days, so i just went to try it again and still nothing. There’s something wrong here surely?

I don’t think it “cools off.” You need to go out and do events or WvW or something, not just leave the map. 3 or 4 events in another map should be enough to reset it. (They’ve never given the specifics but wiki does say go elsewhere and do something else for a while). Take a char with this problem that hasn’t been out there since the previous reset, do a few events on a different map then try again.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

You are experiencing “Diminishing Returns”. You need to reset it per character by going someplace else and “actively” participating in an event. In the past, that meant killing something and getting at least bronze credit; now (at least for the commissar, an event that also triggers DR for a lot of people), you can open up a JP chest that triggers an event. Capping camps and claiming “lands” in WvW also works (if you kill a foe).

As others have suggested, you can also rotate your characters. Keep 1-2 there until they experience DR, then swap. I had one character that could last 7-12 days and another that never seem to get more than 1-3 days, so there are some other factors that players haven’t yet figured out (to how DR builds up and how to get rid of it).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Tiger Ashante.1792

Ok tnx for the helpful suggestions guys as well some insight into how DR may work, coz i have no idea about that stuff, so i’ll try them and see. But i must say this DR business is not nice at all, especially when u consider i don’t really farm and i can still get hit by it so easily.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Ok tnx for the helpful suggestions guys as well some insight into how DR may work, coz i have no idea about that stuff, so i’ll try them and see. But i must say this DR business is not nice at all, especially when u consider i don’t really farm and i can still get hit by it so easily.

I had a char parked at the Shatterer for that event every day. After a few days, no more chest.

No chest???? Why no chest?

Tried the next day, and the next. Eventually I remembered the Diminishing Returns thing and took it off to do something else, and that fixed it.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

You’ve hit diminishing returns. Now I just ask for a port to there, instead of leaving a character parked there, as I used to.