Has any new content been added since launch?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vazkro.1762

Vazkro.1762

The question is quite simple.
I tend to play quite a lot of games and love reading patch notes to see what has been added and often come back to try out new content once in a while.

On guildwars 2 I stopped after getting a few 80’s and also kept reading the patch notes once in a while however the only content I see them adding is the temporary events which always disappear.

Sure there have been a lot of bug fixes and class re-balancing but I was seriously wondering if there are certain things I’ve missed in the patch notes that they added other than the merging of servers into a huge server and maybe a few pvp maps.

I LOVE Guildwars 2 so don’t get me wrong I am not trying to hate but it just feels like compared to other games out there GW2 simply barely adds anything new in the game.

So here it comes again.
Because I really want some motivation boost to get me back into this game.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Southsun
Guild Missions
Fractals
2 World Boss Event
A few jumping puzzles
1 Dungeon Path

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

Depends on what you count as “content”.

You can collect different skins in your wardrobe.
You can level up your World Experience Ranks in WvW.
You can run FotM or try to reach Lv50
You can build ascended armor, weapons and gear for all your chars.

It’s hard to remember everything new since release, but there is quite a bit. If your definition of content is like, more maps, more dungeons and so on, there is not that much left, I guess.

Posted by: Coltz.5617

Coltz.5617

just Fractals really. Everything else seems dismissible either because its not permanent, doesn’t make a big impact, or no one does it anymore or rarely, or if you play without a guild.

- I infract cause I’m passionate about the game-
“ALL IS VAIN”
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboar/page/6#post3486969

Vazkro.1762

just Fractals really. Everything else seems dismissible either because its not permanent, doesn’t make a big impact, or no one does it anymore or rarely, or if you play without a guild.

yep thought this was the case indeed.
Thanks, maybe when some more friends are like superbored I’ll check it out again with them but there really doesn’t seem to be much to do added to the game. Which honestly is a shame.
Now if only NCsoft would release a western version of Blade and Soul already :P

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Answers will vary wildly depending on how different people define ‘content’, ‘new’ and even ‘permanent’.

For example some people might count the Tequatl update as new content because it introduced a new type of world boss fight – much harder and requiring a greater level of coordination than anything before.

Other people say it doesn’t count because Tequatl was in the game from launch so it’s just a small change to the mechanics. (I’ve even heard someone claim it’s a bug fix but I’m pretty sure they’re on their own with that one.)

Others say it doesn’t count because they don’t like to do it or because “no one” does it. Or because world boss fights apparently aren’t content to begin with.

And it’s the same with everything. There have been a lot of permanent changes since launch. Off the top of my head this includes Tequatl, the new Aetherblade dungeon path, a new jumping puzzle, guild missions were added, dailies were re-worked and the whole laurel system added, ascended crafting was introduced, Fractals is an entirely new dungeon, the Southsun cove map was added…

I’m sure there’s more, that’s just what I happened to remember now. I think there’s a list on the Wiki somewhere.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Kyrel.8942

Kyrel.8942

To me they released a lot of content temporary or not.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

There also been a lot of new effects added to the base of the of the game new tells for boss mobs to attk new ways of dealing with “making dmg windows” a lot of environmental wepon added for dungeons and open world events. There a lot of story that has been added into the game. Over all a lot been added and ppl forget way too fast about the changes because they where simply that good and seamlessly added to the game that to a lot of ppl these changes feel like they been in the game from the start.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Thanks, maybe when some more friends are like superbored I’ll check it out again with them but there really doesn’t seem to be much to do added to the game. Which honestly is a shame.

Are you seriously making that decision based only on one forum post? It looks like you already decided before even asking here, and just waited for someone to say something negative so you could bash on the game.

Go play it and see how you like it from the first hand. There is A LOT of new content, permanent one. Even most of old content has been reworked and now it’s so much different it could be considered new. Log on, play for few hours and then you’ll see.

Posted by: Coltz.5617

Coltz.5617

Are you seriously making that decision based only on one forum post? It looks like you already decided before even asking here, and just waited for someone to say something negative so you could bash on the game.

Go play it and see how you like it from the first hand. There is A LOT of new content, permanent one. Even most of old content has been reworked and now it’s so much different it could be considered new. Log on, play for few hours and then you’ll see.

IKR?! Yeah, go dictate his decisions. But seriously as a parent you ought ta teach him better.

- I infract cause I’m passionate about the game-
“ALL IS VAIN”
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboar/page/6#post3486969

Vazkro.1762

I must admit I was already hanging towards not playing unless I heard something surprising. So far I didn’t hear anything I did not already know…which is a shame because I was hoping I overread some patch notes.

I am sure it changed concerning balance and bugfixes, also the guild missions are a nice change if you actually have a guild that can do them all instead of being limited due to having only a few friends playing.

But yeah, over the last few hours I’ve gone over the so called big guildwars 2 updates and really did not find much actual content being added.

We got small changes to world bosses and a tiny bit of other stuff but let’s compare this with the latest big rift patch which added raids, zones, more indept housing than they previously had and 4 new classes. Here I am not even a rift player, let alone one of the many rift fanboys out there but even I can see that this one patch has already added more than gw2 has added since launch.

Sorry I will stop talking negative about GW2 now because I still love the game for what it is and god I love some of the classes ( Like the unique Necromancer playstyle ) but I just wanted to say that I am disappointed with the release of new content if what I’ve read over the last few hours is correct.

Thank you all very much for replying this fast, I will probably not be replying here anymore unless I see someone post something that just blows me in the air out of surprise haha :P

cya

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

well, have you even played anything of the temporary content? I can see how some people are put off by the living story approach, but obviously completely ignoring those events and then claiming “eww, no new content ever”… words fail me.

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

When I compare this game to others, sometimes I can’t help but wonder how foolish I was. A couple of my friends are returning to the other game that shall not be named. Even after a 10$ price hike, that 50$ expansion will have more content than what Guild Wars 2 had and possibility will ever have.

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

the answer is ‘yes’

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

To me they released a lot of content temporary or not.

If you can’t do it any more then it’s of no use to people like the OP, which has always been one of the major issues people have had with temporary content.

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

When I compare this game to others, sometimes I can’t help but wonder how foolish I was. A couple of my friends are returning to the other game that shall not be named. Even after a 10$ price hike, that 50$ expansion will have more content than what Guild Wars 2 had and possibility will ever have.

The other game is HOW much older too. WoW (that is the game you didn’t want to mention) is 8 yrs old, you can’t compare that game to this game which is not quite 2 yrs old.

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

Miserable, considering this game’s 2 years old.

Should I mention the content of 1 campaign added to GW1?

Nah, don’t want to ridicule the game too much, still have hopes for it.

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

The other game is HOW much older too. WoW (that is the game you didn’t want to mention) is 8 yrs old, you can’t compare that game to this game which is not quite 2 yrs old.

Most of the major MMOs i have seen have a major content upgrade by 2 years.

Posted by: Azreell.1568

Azreell.1568

Actually you can compare it – since it’s competition to gw2.

Also, In “that” games first 2 years it saw more content up dates then gw2 has content overall.

GW2 is a good game – but it fails miserably when it comes to content which can keep players – well … Playing.

Of all the games I have played since merridian 59 , eq1 and up to all current titles – GW2 has offered the least amount of content I have ever seen in a title this old.

GW2 as of today is almost identical content wise to how it was at launch – and that fact will turn off and turn away many returning or possibly new players.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

Posted by: Deihnyx.6318

Deihnyx.6318

I am a big fan of GW1 and a decent fan of GW2. I think I contributed enough with gems as to be allowed an honest opinion about the lack of content.

This game is really starting to have a lack of content. When a whole month of updates is made of nothing but easy money grabbing with gemstore, no plan for the future, just to give us an update that was already there the year before, something is not going right.

The expansions of GW1 were great, they were magic, they all added something new to the game, a new atmosphere and all. Now all I see is quick temporary content that offers nothing more but skins, always skins, I’m still redoing the same 8 dungeons again and again, I got tired of the level 49/50 fractals and the gambling there.

I really wonder why Anet is so fond of its living story system. Most of the feedback are the same: temporary content is BAD. and it has another big drawback. Everytime a new temporary content appears people rushes it (cause it’s temporary) because it’s only a little thing to do. It results in stupid group zergs like during the battle of the marrionet or the final battle of scarlet, there’s next to no fun fighting bosses with 50 people, hearing “STACK STACK STACK” every single time no matter what the boss is.
A large expansion would spread the community a bit into different areas, because everyone would discover a completely new game at their own speed, this would actually look more right even for the story.

Please stop world events and go back to what was making guild wars so good. Challenging dungeons and story missions, real “guild wars” with halls for pvps and ELITE AREA like UW, Fow or Urgoz, why is Underworld missing after 2 years?!

I’ve heard the same complain a few months ago “the game is too recent”, No it isn’t, this excuse will not always work, it’s already getting close to 2 years and it’s more than time to consider an expansion, people WILL pay for it.