Has anyone actually equipped a precursor?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I’m just curious if anyone reading this forum has actually equipped and thus soul bound a precursor. I hit the lottery several months ago and had “the legend” drop. I wasn’t paying attention and went to equip my staff and almost equipped it by accident. Has anyone done this or even done it on purpose?

The Burninator

Posted by: LuRkEr.9462

LuRkEr.9462

Yes, I did it with lover before I made my dreamer a few months after the game came out. It didn’t affect anything and had a nice feathery look to it.

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

One of my guardians has been running around with Rodgort’s Flame for about a year now.

Posted by: Dr Ritter.1327

Dr Ritter.1327

I used dawn as my gs until I finished the few things i had left for sunrise

The Paragon
[KICK] You’re out of the Guild
#beastgate

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I guess I didn’t know that if you equip it you can still use it to make a legendary. Now I feel like an idiot. That is how far detached I am from the whole legendary issue. Had I accidentally equipped my precursor I would have been out a lot of gold because I wouldn’t have been able to sell it. It dropped for me about 30 minutes after I leveled my first L80 and took him to a Scarlet invasion just to check it out. I suppose my luck has been used up for the next 5 years.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Yes, I did it with lover before I made my dreamer a few months after the game came out. It didn’t affect anything and had a nice feathery look to it.

I think the OP is talking bout equiping a precursor by accident, meaning you got it in your inventory, but you are not sure if you want to sell it or keep it.

You wanted the dreamer, so the lover was a welcome thing to get. but if you are not sure iof you want the legendary that leads to the precursor you got you might have an issue if you accidantally equip it cause it is soulbound on equip.

To answer the OP, people did it on purpose cause that was the legendary they wanted. People might also done it one accident. If so, the policy of support is that they don’t change the new ‘status’ of the item. so you are stuck with it. in special cases they might change their mind, but prolly only after making sure it wasnt with the purpose of getting a refund.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

I guess I didn’t know that if you equip it you can still use it to make a legendary. Now I feel like an idiot. That is how far detached I am from the whole legendary issue. Had I accidentally equipped my precursor I would have been out a lot of gold because I wouldn’t have been able to sell it. It dropped for me about 30 minutes after I leveled my first L80 and took him to a Scarlet invasion just to check it out. I suppose my luck has been used up for the next 5 years.

well you could still make it, then sell the legendary, it becomes accountbound, however, you ll use up a gift of exploration, battle, obsidian shards, skill points and dungeon tokens, the rest you can buy. You will however get paid for that stuff in gold.

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

< never had a precursor or legendary in my life

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

I have Venom equiped for a year, to busy to craft kraitkin (plus not worth it on an asura for udnerwater combat[so limited])

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Never gave it a chance. Had the shield drop, can’t remember the name off hand, but sold it within a few seconds of it dropping.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Almost equipped a Storm that Malrona dropped (had the same icon as my scepter) glad I didn’t. Sold it. I did, until tonight, have a venom equipped though. Got an ascended chest in fractals though so now i have a new trident, but venom is nice looking.

I did not equip my legend or my lover before making the legendary, but I think it was because I only had either precursor the day before I made the legendaries. (Lucky forge drops led to friends helping me get the legendaries). But I don’t know. I just didn’t do it, I think, because I saw no reason to at the time. ^^

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.