Has anyone not got HOT yet?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: rager.4963

rager.4963

I want to get it, but I don’t like what HOT did with some of the classes.

For example. Necromancer.

I love Death Shroud and the playstyle it is. However, it seems Reaper Shroud offers more of everything, and I would be a fool to not use it. (words of wisdom from some guild mates.)

Problem is, that is not what Developers said they wanted. It was suppose to be a play style choice. So that choice is to be weak or not?

I can’t support balance like that. It is the reason I am holding off. I am not sure about other classes that have the same issues.

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

Who got hot but was too lazy to play it? XD

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I have HoT, but apart from the story, and grabbing enough HC to finish the elite spec on my warrior, I’ve not touched the HoT maps for well over a month. I just don’t like how long the maps take to run a cycle. Challenges don’t stay open long enough, so I’ve only tried a hand full of them, and I didn’t like them. I wasn’t a fan of them in GW1.

Roll on living world, that is the only reason to get HoT for me. If you want the content for the next how ever long, you’ll need to get HoT.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

My wife hasn’t “upgraded” nor does she plan to.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

I haven’t bought HoT yet and have no plans to. From what I’ve read about it, there’s little there that actually holds any interest for me and certainly what little that does cannot justify the inflated price tag.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

It was suppose to be a play style choice. So that choice is to be weak or not?

I can’t support balance like that. It is the reason I am holding off. I am not sure about other classes that have the same issues.

100%. Pay or be weak: pretty unacceptable, especially if you PvP. That’s good enough reason to not support them. Then add the fact they made WvW a ghost town.

Unless HoT goes super cheap, I have zero intentions of getting it… and even when it does, if WvW is totally dead by then (very very likely) I wouldn’t bother.

I’ll probably end up quitting the game. Very close to it already.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

It’s normal that you are locked out of better classes and class choices if you aren’t willing to pay for an expansion which you will sink probably several hundreds/thousands of hours. Nothing to complain here. But you complain anyways, it’s the forums.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I can’t support balance like that.

What do you mean? You are already supporting it.

Do you play sPvP? Well elites are meta (the only meta) so the community has spoken – get HoT, we all love it.

Do you play PvE? Elites are pretty much superior in every single way and everyone play them, so get HoT, we all love it.

Do you play WvW? Well you’re actually really into PvE, see point above.

Posted by: Tiny Tove.3589

Tiny Tove.3589

Who got hot but was too lazy to play it? XD

I got bored with every region being a collection of jumping puzzles holding hands and maps that show roads that are actually walls. I have no intention of finishing it. Or even getting past Auric Basin, I couldn’t care any less what is beyond it.

I wish now that I had played the Beta and saved myself 2 x £90. I’ve implicitly trusted Anet since GW1 Day 1 but that is bruised now and their prime holiday offering of 2015 being the most shocking grind at a time of joy and giving was basically unforgiveable. No more unconditional love. They have to now convince me they have something more at heart than their quarterly figures.

I don’t know what has happened at Anet towers but now it just feels like they want to bleed the last out of it till it’s dry and just go down F2P <> ESports road just like everybody else, ushering in a new age of mediocrity.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

It’s normal that you are locked out of better classes and class choices if you aren’t willing to pay for an expansion which you will sink probably several hundreds/thousands of hours. Nothing to complain here. But you complain anyways, it’s the forums.

Yet I got HoT, and have spent very little time there, the warrior elite spec is junk, yes I’ve played rev for close to 50+ hours, but the rev alone is not worth the price tag. I just hope the living world will make up for the price I paid. I know other people are having a blast, and that’s great. With that said, there are probably an equal amount of people who are unhappy with what they paid for.

Lets hope that the balance patch for February/March will make PvP less of a joke, and bring the OP classes/specs in to line.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: JBDanger.2603

JBDanger.2603

I won’t get it nor will I buy gems to support this company what so ever after the mess they made of wvw. Everything they touch usually becomes tainted.

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

Do you play sPvP? Well elites are meta (the only meta) so the community has spoken – get HoT, we all love it.

Do you play PvE? Elites are pretty much superior in every single way and everyone play them, so get HoT, we all love it.

We don’t all love it. Unless you’re using the royal (southern) singular of you all.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

rager.4963

I am not funding them more? I can play without paying them a single cent. As a consumer, They are offering nothing for me to want to get the expansion, and the fact they limited players choices on play style when they clearly said they did not want to do that. Is enough of a reason for me to take a wait and see stance on what is going on.

The fact Elites are superior is enough for me to not want give them money. I don’t mind others who enjoy it and happy for them. It does not make me upset.. I just can’t lower my standards and expectations to support the game at the moment. If I was to lower them, that would mean that I support the work they are doing, and I can’t do that right now. When I feel the company could do much better.

(edited by rager.4963)

Posted by: paintpixie.7398

paintpixie.7398

I haven’t gotten it. I most likely will, eventually, but not for awhile.

I didn’t like Druid, at first, but that’s not really that big of a deal to me anymore. The reviews I’m hearing about it are what’s causing me to wait. I don’t like being forced to play a certain way, either.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I am not funding them more? I can play without paying them a single cent. As a consumer, They are offering nothing for me to want to get the expansion, and the fact they limited players choices on play style when they clearly said they did not want to do that. Is enough of a reason for me to take a wait and see stance on what is going on.

The fact Elites are superior is enough for me to not want give them money. I don’t mind others who enjoy it and happy for them. It does not make me upset.. I just can’t lower my standards expectations to support the game at the moment. When I feel the company could do much better.

But you dont matter to Anet. If you have 2 players next to each other and ask them, do you like HoT?

One says “Oh its ok I guess. I like the new PvE maps and stuffs.”
The other says “Oh hell no, classes are imbalanced, WvW is broken, sPvP is a travesty, everything is kitten!”

Then Anet will look at both, consider their respective sides and say “HoT has been overwhelmingly well recieved by our players! Look at these quotes: ‘I like the new PvE maps’. HoT is clearly the best version of GW2 ever!”.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

The fact Elites are superior is enough for me to not want give them money. I don’t mind others who enjoy it and happy for them. It does not make me upset.. I just can’t lower my standards expectations to support the game at the moment. When I feel the company could do much better.

But you dont matter to Anet. If you have 2 players next to each other and ask them, do you like HoT?

The other says “Oh hell no, classes are imbalanced, WvW is broken, sPvP is a travesty, everything is kitten!”

Then Anet will look at both, consider their respective sides and say “HoT has been overwhelmingly well recieved by our players! Look at these quotes: ‘I like the new PvE maps’. HoT is clearly the best version of GW2 ever!”.

If you really think Anet isn’t aware of the dissatisfaction of some people, I’m not sure what to tell you. I’m pretty sure they’re aware, since Gaile has talked about some of it, and some of the other devs have too.

People see what they want to see.

rager.4963

Many developers live in his or her own world when it comes to the project they make a spend time on. Myself I like to paint, and think I am decent on it. When i hear negative feedback it hurts pride a little. That is on a project that takes me months. Gaming takes years and lots of hard work. Like someone else said. Even they are starting to see things they did poorly. The fact we are having major changes coming in the future is a good sign.

I don’t mind a company taking risks, and try new things. I just don’t like when a company says one thing and does another. When a company closes their eyes and looks at all the praise and not the negatives.

Also, My feelings on the game matter just as much as yours do. Lets not place feedback from one group better than feedback of another. All feedback matters, and at one point in time a company paid people for feedback. Shocking right?

This is a MMO and things will always change. How they change is in Anet court. It could be great, or it could be the steady decline of the game. We are all fans, and don’t want to see that correct?

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

aside from condi engi, most classes, the elite specialization are better lol.. like heaps better.

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!