Has it been done? 10k AP in one year

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: NaotsuguLH.8915

NaotsuguLH.8915

Has anyone ever managed to get 10k AP in their first year? First year being from the date the first character was created until 365 days later. I am currently trying to accomplish this. Just wondering if anyone has ever done it.

Posted by: Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

It wasn’t hard the first year of the game. Back then there was a ton of events that gave it away like candy. Now a days it will be much tougher.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

You can’t do it now. There was a lot more content. There were monthlies. The dailies could give you more. Maybe wait till the expansion starts to begin counting if you want that much a year.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

NaotsuguLH.8915

You can’t do it now. There was a lot more content. There were monthlies. The dailies could give you more. Maybe wait till the expansion starts to begin counting if you want that much a year.

I’m at 9.3k with like 25-30 days before my first GW2 birthday. I really think I can. Still have about 200-300 from dailies, and all the slayer/weapon master achievements. I’m also considering getting more HoM points (I have like 11). Halloween is also coming up.

Posted by: Inverse.2967

Inverse.2967

You definitely can do it, my AP count says about 7500 AP from permanent stuff, and the remaining 2,5k you can easily get from dailies over 1 year, so yes very doable, but also lots of things that you need to complete in that time.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’m at 9.3k with like 25-30 days before my first GW2 birthday. I really think I can. Still have about 200-300 from dailies, and all the slayer/weapon master achievements. I’m also considering getting more HoM points (I have like 11). Halloween is also coming up.

Well if that’s all you have left. Yah. I thought from your post you were just beginning or counting 10,000 from your current number.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

NaotsuguLH.8915

Well if that’s all you have left. Yah. I thought from your post you were just beginning or counting 10,000 from your current number.

No no, I meant from 0-10,000 AP in the span of my first character being created until it’s first birthday.

Posted by: Koomaster.9176

Koomaster.9176

You can do it! Since you only have a bit left just look for what would be easy to do for you or which ones give a lot. Good luck!

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

As was mentioned, this would have been a lot easier in the first year with all the living story season 1 stuff and the achievement points gained there.

In essence you need to check if you can achieve 6350 AP via non daily achievements (10,000 – 3,650 AP for dailies). I think that is possible.

Reading up on https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Achievement shows how many permanent AP are to be had.

If we sum up the historical not available AP we get 4,987 total. Add to that the 15,000 AP limit on dailies+monthlies we get a total of 19,987. The highest AP on the leaderboards currently is 29,069. Subtract from that 19,987 and you get the amount of realistically doable permanent AP which is 9082. Thus it is possible to cover the 6350 AP required if doing every single daily.

It won’t be easy, but it’s doable.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

The first 10k AP are easy. But it gets harder when you get close to 20k

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

iirc i think the 20k mark was broken in the first 3 months due to the salvaging achieve endlessly giving ap points. It is cap’d now and I know a bunch of people got banned or had their achieves reset. but a few didnt.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Has anyone ever managed to get 10k AP in their first year? First year being from the date the first character was created until 365 days later. I am currently trying to accomplish this. Just wondering if anyone has ever done it.

I get 10k AP from Anet via mail every day on reset for being awesome and amazing.

Im not listed on the leaderboards because it would break the internet.

Just kidding.

I hope you achieve all your goals in life.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

This is maybe the hardest year for it there haven’t be any big events this year that give lot of AP,but next year with HoT out we maybe get all those epic events again like SAB ;D

NaotsuguLH.8915

Well, I know you all are saying it’s harder this year, but take into account I have 30 days left with more than 9.2k AP. That means roughly less than 800AP needed in those 30 days ish. I’m pretty sure I can do it. But the question is, has it been done?

(edited by NaotsuguLH.8915)

Malediktus.9250

iirc i think the 20k mark was broken in the first 3 months due to the salvaging achieve endlessly giving ap points. It is cap’d now and I know a bunch of people got banned or had their achieves reset. but a few didnt.

Noone got banned. They simply added a cap to repeatable achievements and people lost the AP which went beyond the cap.

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

Noone got banned. They simply added a cap to repeatable achievements and people lost the AP which went beyond the cap.

There was most definitely bans handed out, 3000 according to Anet… here’s the link , enjoy the read.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-08-31-guild-wars-2-bans-for-first-widespread-exploit-game-sales-suspended-status-update

“The banned players were bulk buying from the vendor and salvaging the weapons for valuable crafting materials, buggering up the economy.”

(edited by CorrynnStarr.7942)

Malediktus.9250

Thats the cultural weapon karma exploit. Not endless salvaging of items you can buy on trading post.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

No wasent that the snowflake jewelery that you could salvage and get more snowflakes back to craft even more jewelery and get endless rewards.

Malediktus.9250

No wasent that the snowflake jewelery that you could salvage and get more snowflakes back to craft even more jewelery and get endless rewards.

Possible, but there was also one exploit where you could buy lvl 80 Norn rare cultural weapons for like 21 karma each.